Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Vendetta #483

4.2

on 11/15/2009 11:34:00 PM

Vendetta is my "go to" toe polish. Just 2 coats and I can see very dark, gorgeous purple. I am a runner and get a "black toe" now and then, this polish hides it like no other. Beautiful. Stays on forever, my nails grow out before it chips or wears off. Compliments on the color too!

on 10/26/2009 9:18:00 AM

I love this varnish! The colour is fantastic and I found myself twisting and turning my hands to make my nails catch the light in just the right way. Fab dark colour. Love it.

on 10/25/2009 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It only gets purple if you use just one coat. Mora than that, it's basically BLACK, with some shimmer. Anyway, wether I apply 1 or 2 coats, the QUALITY is not good... it chips off a lot - like at the second day or even at the first! - and it doesn't shine even when I use some topcoat. I'm so disappointed. I'm going back to the cheaper brands...

on 10/20/2009 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I would agree with other reviewers that this tends to look just like black. I didn't like the brush nor did I like that it's difficult to apply or that it doesn't dry fast enough. I think I'll have to take this one back.

on 10/16/2009 10:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is one of those nail polishes that looks soooo pretty in the bottle, but goes on totally different! I got Vendetta cause it looks absolutely gorgeous! But wearing it only disappointed me. It looked pure black! Even in sunlight you could barely tell it wasn't black :( I tried thinner coats and even using a white base color underneath. Nothing helped it look like it does in the bottle. So I got rid of it. Would not purchase this deceitful little bottle again.
continued >>

on 7/18/2009 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this nail polish. It is a beautiful, deep purple. It looks great on my nails. I love the packaging. It is quite expensive for a nail polish and the brush isn't fantastic (I took one lippy off for these reasons).

on 6/10/2009 1:29:00 PM

I wanted to love this as much as my other Chanel polishes but what can I say, the color is beautiful in the bottle but on the nails...you need to have a spot light on your hands to tell it's not black. And if I wanted black polish I would have just used Black Satin. I tried using only one coat of Vendetta and it was still not quite what I had hoped so back to the store it went.

I did find an alternative polish that is a deep purple with a very, very subtle shimmer to it; Show You Care by Nicole at about $7 at Target. I reviewed that as well.

I will still buy Chanel's polishes but this one just didn't work for me. :(

on 4/30/2009 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is such a pretty dark purple color. It is dark, but not black, so it goes with my skin tone better. This is my go to dark polish now. I love Chanel polishes because they have great staying power (I don't have to wear a top coat), amazing colors, and the bottles are so pretty to look at! I have gotten so many compliments when I am wearing this nail polish!

I've been wearing this for the first time on my fingernails today (usually I only paint my toes as I get a bit allergic), and I'm a little bit mesmerised by it! The subtle sparkle is lovely and it's a great colour -the consistency seems even smoother than usual Chanel, not sure if that's just me! However, if you already have Blue Satin then I'm not sure it's worth buying this unless you absolutely totally fall in love with it, as they are really similar - I'm wearing them on alternate nails today and it's really only me that can tell... Still, I like it!

on 4/1/2009 5:38:00 PM

I am in love! Vendetta is a beautiful dark purple color with subtle shimmer. Like many have said, it looks like black in some lighting. However, my bf could tell me that it's dark purple when look closely and in brighter light. I have gotten compliments since wearing Vendetta. It lasts so long and chip free. Although I have only worn it once, but I'm thinking about getting a second bottle. I like it better than Black Satin on me. Ladies, If you like dark color and black doesn't work for you, go get this ASAP!

Popular Polishes