Cover Girl Simply Ageless

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Ozokerite, Acetyl Glucosamine, Silica, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Methicone, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, May Contain: Iron Oxides, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide

on 7/17/2013 10:54:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This has become my favorite foundation! I use my ELF flat top brush and lightly bounce it onto the surface of the product then apply to my chin and the lower half of my face, then do this a second time and begin with my nose area. I even run this under my eyes and it gives fantastic coverage for my redness and slightly dark under eye areas. My shade is 215, a warm light shade that will work well for neutrals also. The only down fall is how greasy i will still look after a few hours, but I use a Palladio blotting paper and my skin looks naturally flawless again. That is the best part, how youthful and natural this product looks when applied lightly with a brush. I've repurchased this product THREE times, that has never before happened with a skin product!

on 6/18/2013 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I looove high end makeup, and people always give me weird looks when I say that this stuff is my HG foundation. I'm pretty darn pale and my skin has warm undertones and shade 210 Classic Ivory matches me PERFECTLY. It does look misleadingly dark in the pan, but it blends out to be identical to my skin tone. I have fairly sensitive skin and have had a lot of trouble with products containing SPF. Usually they make my face burn like crazy, but this stuff doesn't do that at all. It goes on really smoothly, blends easily, and feels like nothing on your skin. I usually apply this with a stippling brush on days when my skin is cooperative and I only need a light coverage, or with a flat foundation brush on days that I need a little more coverage. It doesn't smell like anything, which is great, and it has pretty good staying power. The only part of my face that it doesn't really last on is my nose, because it's super oily. All in all, I'll keep buying this stuff until they don't make it anymore!

on 6/6/2013 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm surprised this foundation is not on the list yet. This has to be one of the best drugstore creme foundations on the market. I have sensitive skin with lots of blemishes and rosacea, and this foundation provides full coverage without looking cakey. One of the colors they carry also just happens to fit my skin tone rather well (I'm about NC25 and use #230 Classic Beige). It's creamy enough to cover without showing patches of dry skin, and I've not had to use as much concealer. It's decent about not showing fine lines, but since I have very few of those for now, I can't say for those who have more. I've stockpiled these since I use them up pretty quickly (within 2-3 months, depending upon how much coverage I need), and because I'm always afraid that they will discontinue it.

I don't use the sponge that comes with the compact (horrid little thing). I use a foundation brush (my fave Shiseido Perfect Foundation one, but any good one will do) to get an even coat of coverage.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation made my skin flawless and yet oily at the same time. I love how all of the silicones glide on so well & give pretty outstanding coverage. However, this product was the foundation I was using when cystic acne became an issue. My dermatologist said SPF in makeup can really clog pores & add more shine. He suggested an SPF free foundation & a SPF before applying makeup. Also, the price is insane for the small amount that you get. It's really a good foundation if you have dry skin or if you are fighting the appearance of wrinkles. I wanted to claim this as my HG but sadly this wasn't the case

on 3/20/2013 12:35:00 PM

I don't know how or why, but this is the second CG foundation that just 'works' really well for me. I've been loving the Aqua Smooth creme compact foundation lately but the color was just off a tad, so I went to get another one in a different color. I saw this and thought it would be similar so I gave it a go. BTW - I'm about an NC20-25 right now and I chose Classic Ivory. It looks scary peachy-orange in the pan, but it blended out to match my skin quite well.

It is extremely similar, except BETTER. It doesn't make me as oily as the Aqua Smooth. It almost dries to a powder finish and if I'm not careful, I can easily look dried out once I powder over it. I use a misting spray before and after application and that really seemed to tame down any cakey-ness I experienced upon initial applications.

I don't have to use a ton of product at all, and it blends beautifully into my skin. I use a dense kabuki-style brush to apply because sponge-application never works well for me. Leaves a very natural finish. Not sure I buy all the skin-care hype they claim this product has, but overall its a nice foundation from the DS.

Some things I absolutely do not like - the packaging. Very hard to open initially and you get so little product! Along with that is the price. I think I paid $16 for this at Rite Aid. That's crazy high for any DS cosmetic item.

on 3/5/2013 3:23:00 PM

Have used this for a while now,,, and really like it. The coverage is great and it is quite easy to blend. I wet the sponge a little bit to apply. Do not have to use much either. I have pretty sensitive skin, yet this has never bother me or made me break out at all. If you are debating trying this, go ahead, you will not be disappointed!

on 3/4/2013 8:46:00 PM

I can't believe I have not written a review of this yet, since I have been using it for the last few years. I do from time to time "stray" and try other brands, but tend to come back to this one. A few things I have learned about this product that might be helpful if you have not used it before:
- A little goes a loooooooooooong way. Don't cake it on. You don't need to. I find as I get older (I am 47) that I just need to lightly sweep my fingers across it and dab some where I need it, smooth, and I'm done. You do not need to put it on your face like putty. It will look fake and be too heavy.
- If you have wrinkles under your eyes, avoid putting it there or it may accentuate the wrinkles (like almost every other foundation does anyway.)
- It has somewhat of a matte finish, so you can do without powder if your skin is dry. I just powder my t-zone.
- It is an awesome eye shadow primer. Put a little of this on, top with pressed powder, then put on your shadow. Helps it go on smoothly and stay on longer. Sometimes I don't even put on a lid color. I just use this plus powder, then some liner and maybe a crease color.
- CVS and Walgreens have this buy one get one half off all the time. Wait for a sale and use coupons too.
- If other Cover Girl foundations have made you itch in the past or you had a reaction to them, try this one. I had issues with other CG foundations, but not this one.

Giving it 4 stars because I rarely give anything 5, but it's a keeper. Just don't glob it on.

i LOVE THE WAY THIS PRODUCT LOOKS ON YOUR FACE. I have severe acne and ever since I bought this my acne has gone down and when I wear makeup it feels like i have nothing on and it covers the acne AMAZINGLY in one swipe. it's also nice because you don't have to spread it with your fingers, getting oil and dirt on your face.
amazing product but!!!!!!!!!.....
SOOOOOOOOOOO EXPENSIVE.
Where I live it costs $16.99 for only 12 g of stuff! it lasts like 1 or 2 weeks.... terrible!
if it was a lower price, even like $10 i would buy it more often. 17 dollars for that little tiny bit of stuff? Terrible pricing.
Although the product is great, the price is super high.
i will only buy this again for special occasions.. if the price was lower I would use this for the rest of my life!

on 2/11/2013 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am a 32 year old who's just recently decided to care more about the products I am wearing on my face and how they really work for me. In the past 2 weeks I have read an abundance of hints, tips, reviews, etc. Wow, apparently I've gone all these years with absolutely no proper knowledge of the various products and how to apply them! Being inspired by my new found knowledge, I am starting from scratch, hoping to build myself a new mix of cosmetics that I can love for years to come! And because this site has been so helpful to me, I would like to perhaps give a little back as I venture on with my search. On that note, this particular foundation is what you would have found in my make-up bag last week. I had been using this for 2 years, until now. Motivated to find something better, I certainly have! Simply Ageless has a nice texture, decent variety of shades, and looks good in the container, but the crème does dry and crack fairly quickly in the jar (if it's drying in the container, it's drying on your face). Also, compared to what I have been experimenting with lately, it is definitely heavy and hard to blend...especially if you have dry patches. Sometimes I even felt as though I looked somewhat "scaly". It was always mildly irritating on my sensitive skin, but like I said, I never did care a whole lot about it until now. I am starting to get fine lines and crow’s feet around my eyes and this product makes them all the more noticeable. I'm not sure why I used this for as long as I did and thought it was as good as it really isn't. Either way, onto better! I would not recommend this product, especially on aging, sensitive skin!

This is one of the worst makeups I've ever used! It's cakey and doesn't blend well. Also, it dries out quickly and I ended up just throwing it into the trash! HUGE waste!

Note: I have combination skin; w/o break-outs or scars.

Popular Crème Foundations