Dabur Vatika Hair Oil

4.2

Coconut Oil, Neem, Brahmi, Extracts of Amla, Bahera and Harar, Kapur Kachri, Henna, Milk, Rosemary Oil, Lemon Oil, TBHQ, Fragrance

on 4/17/2013 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love it makes my curly hair is so soft. ı have extremely dry hair and I have noticed that my hair is growing faster. the smell is strong but not unbearable! I would buy it again!

on 3/8/2013 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I felt compelled to write a review for this hair oil. I have very curly 3a hair - lots of it, but fine and it is very long at the moment. In an absolute moment of madness, after not bleaching my hair for over 6 years, I decided to bleach the ends white blonde so that I could get a very unnatural purple added. This absolutely fried my hair, (my hair is naturally black) and as a result DAMAGED MY BEAUTIFUL CURLS! They had fallen out, so the top of my hair was beautiful, and the ends looked like stringy straight dying bleached worms. I cried, a lot, for about a month. And then my mother reminded me of the absolute miracle that is Vatika Hair Oil. Now, I'm Indian, so using Vatika was something I have been grown up to use - at the very least once a week. But obviously, it has it's downsides. As a child I was never completely able to wash the product out of my hair, it used to 'over-proteinise' my hair when I was younger as well, leaving it crunchy and matted. It smelled strange. Also my mum (bless her, she did try) had no clue about how to look after my hair, as her hair is as straight as a poker. So... when I was younger, she used to apply the oil into my hair without brushing it, which meant when it was time to wash it out, I ended up looking like Ronald McDonald who had got electrocuted by a hairdryer. Anyway, For all of those reasons, I stopped using it. So I was reluctant to give it another go, but I had given up with Kerastase and other 'Western' hair products because they just weren't doing enough for my hair. So I bought a bottle of Vatika, brushed my hair, and put the oil on. My hair literally drank the stuff - I used a quarter of the bottle in one sitting. I put a towel over my pillow and left it in over night, double shampooed and used my fail-safe mane n tail deep moisturising conditioner the next day, along with my redken fresh curls curl refiner and my redken ringlet 07 curl perfector, diffused, and voila! My hair is back to what it used to be. Perfect, soft, curly, floppy mess a-la Nicole Kidman. I guess I needed a serious dose of protein to replace what the bleach had taken out. Seriously, if you have curly hair that has been bleached, PLEASE try this. It's as cheap as chips, it can be bought on Amazon, and honestly, it really really really works if you have damaged hair that has lost it's curl. I plan to use it as a pre-poo every time now - as long as I continue to bleach my hair.

on 3/1/2013 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I have four bottles of The vatika oil... so I'm not going to say I love VATIKA Oil. All I can say is Shea Moisture Resorative on damp hair + Vatika Oil + Curl Enhancing Smoothie. Makes the perfect 3c 4b hair pop. / * - * \

on 6/29/2012 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

But this stuff really smoothes hair and gets the frizz to behave, the only downfall is the smell that lingers long after you wash your hair and it is kinda....funky. Anyway, I've been alternating with this and Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan oil for even more benefits and my hair has never been stronger, smoother or healthier! I'm so happy with these products!

on 6/19/2012 11:48:00 PM

This has a very strange smell, which I think is due to the neem and amla. It kinda smells like lemons and coconuts, but not really, and the longer you leave it on your hair, the worse it gets! It also made my scalp itchy so I stopped using it. Iím now using Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan oil instead and itís very light and the smell is very subtle. I love it and my hair is really improving!

on 6/2/2012 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this stuff!!! I have been "natural" for almost 2 years and have been using coconut oil since my BC in July 2010. I discovered this when my best friend went to the Dubai and she sent me a bottle. My hair is sooooooo hydrated with this and it has a nice light coconut and citrus smell. I usually put it in my hair at night when I do my "pebbles" (high pont tail) and put my satin bonnet over it so that it can penatrate into my hair at night. Will repurchase over and over again:-)

on 5/25/2012 3:46:00 PM

This review is for the Vatika Enriched Coconut Oil. I purchased this at a Bangladeshi grocery store near my house but you can order it online for about 4 bucks and some change. I used this is a pre-shampoo treatment and leave it in overnight. I have fine hair but have a lot of it and it is wavy and sometimes prone to dryness on occasion. Using this oil from mid shaft down and leaving it in overnight then shampooing it out in the morning leaves my hair very soft and more manageable. The nice thing about coconut oil is that there are studies that have documented that it is one of the few hair oils that can actually penetrate the shaft of the hair and condition it, unlike mineral oil which sits on the surface of the hair. Coconut oil can help prevent protein loss that tends to occur from frequent washing with shampoos with detergents. Also the amla and henna add a nice gloss to the hair.

on 5/19/2012 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is the Holy Grail of hair products. I always suspected Indian women's beautiful hair was not genetically given. There is a trick, a cheap trick, and it's called Vatika hair oil. After 2 applications, the 1st I washed out after a few hours. The second treatment I left on overnight. My hair is fabulous. Full, shiny, bouncy, beautiful, and all for $4.99. I can't say enough good about the product. How much money I have spent for products which didn't work half as well. I would give it 500 lippies if i could.

on 3/9/2012 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My hair has a personality of its own!
It's dark brown (yes, I'm a virgin lol), very long, curly but can be easily straightened and excruciatingly difficult to tame. I have an oily scalp with parched ends so washing my hair daily is out of the question.
I SWEAR by Dabur Vatika oil as a serum after blowdrying and a monthly hot oil treatment. I don't let it 'migrate' any where near my scalp though!
I was only able to pick up the 'Almond Enriched Hair Oil' which contains a blend of nourishing oils that are great for hair.
The packaging is an orange bottle with an almond nut and coconut pictured. The actual oil looks orange in colour too.
For the price, and the way it seems to placate my unruly locks, it's pretty amazing.
I will never shell out astronomical amounts for hot oil treatments and serums ever!

on 11/25/2011 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I purchased the Vatika oil from a local Indian grocer for $3.99 with the intention of using it as a pre-poo. After washing and blowdrying my hair, I emulsified a bit in my hands, rubbed through my hair and loved the feel! As a result, I started using it nightly in the same manner. I love that it doesn't weigh my hair down and make it look/feel greasy, and the scent isn't overpowering. After about a week, however, I began to experience scalp itchiness and tenderness. For this reason I am giving the oil 3 lippies, until I can figure out if the oil is causing the itchiness.