Dabur Vatika Hair Oil

4.2

Coconut Oil, Neem, Brahmi, Extracts of Amla, Bahera and Harar, Kapur Kachri, Henna, Milk, Rosemary Oil, Lemon Oil, TBHQ, Fragrance

on 6/19/2012 11:48:00 PM

This has a very strange smell, which I think is due to the neem and amla. It kinda smells like lemons and coconuts, but not really, and the longer you leave it on your hair, the worse it gets! It also made my scalp itchy so I stopped using it. Iím now using Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan oil instead and itís very light and the smell is very subtle. I love it and my hair is really improving!

on 6/2/2012 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this stuff!!! I have been "natural" for almost 2 years and have been using coconut oil since my BC in July 2010. I discovered this when my best friend went to the Dubai and she sent me a bottle. My hair is sooooooo hydrated with this and it has a nice light coconut and citrus smell. I usually put it in my hair at night when I do my "pebbles" (high pont tail) and put my satin bonnet over it so that it can penatrate into my hair at night. Will repurchase over and over again:-)

on 5/25/2012 3:46:00 PM

This review is for the Vatika Enriched Coconut Oil. I purchased this at a Bangladeshi grocery store near my house but you can order it online for about 4 bucks and some change. I used this is a pre-shampoo treatment and leave it in overnight. I have fine hair but have a lot of it and it is wavy and sometimes prone to dryness on occasion. Using this oil from mid shaft down and leaving it in overnight then shampooing it out in the morning leaves my hair very soft and more manageable. The nice thing about coconut oil is that there are studies that have documented that it is one of the few hair oils that can actually penetrate the shaft of the hair and condition it, unlike mineral oil which sits on the surface of the hair. Coconut oil can help prevent protein loss that tends to occur from frequent washing with shampoos with detergents. Also the amla and henna add a nice gloss to the hair.

on 5/19/2012 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is the Holy Grail of hair products. I always suspected Indian women's beautiful hair was not genetically given. There is a trick, a cheap trick, and it's called Vatika hair oil. After 2 applications, the 1st I washed out after a few hours. The second treatment I left on overnight. My hair is fabulous. Full, shiny, bouncy, beautiful, and all for $4.99. I can't say enough good about the product. How much money I have spent for products which didn't work half as well. I would give it 500 lippies if i could.

on 3/9/2012 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My hair has a personality of its own!
It's dark brown (yes, I'm a virgin lol), very long, curly but can be easily straightened and excruciatingly difficult to tame. I have an oily scalp with parched ends so washing my hair daily is out of the question.
I SWEAR by Dabur Vatika oil as a serum after blowdrying and a monthly hot oil treatment. I don't let it 'migrate' any where near my scalp though!
I was only able to pick up the 'Almond Enriched Hair Oil' which contains a blend of nourishing oils that are great for hair.
The packaging is an orange bottle with an almond nut and coconut pictured. The actual oil looks orange in colour too.
For the price, and the way it seems to placate my unruly locks, it's pretty amazing.
I will never shell out astronomical amounts for hot oil treatments and serums ever!

on 11/25/2011 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I purchased the Vatika oil from a local Indian grocer for $3.99 with the intention of using it as a pre-poo. After washing and blowdrying my hair, I emulsified a bit in my hands, rubbed through my hair and loved the feel! As a result, I started using it nightly in the same manner. I love that it doesn't weigh my hair down and make it look/feel greasy, and the scent isn't overpowering. After about a week, however, I began to experience scalp itchiness and tenderness. For this reason I am giving the oil 3 lippies, until I can figure out if the oil is causing the itchiness.

on 11/18/2011 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

A staple in my hair stash. I love, love lurv this stuff!!

Smell: It smells like a sweet coconut with a bit of a tang.

Packaging: When its cold it is difficult to get out of the bottle but... you can use a stick (chopstick) or warm the bottle up in warm water, its not a big problem for me. When its warm though it's a liquid, so its only 'troublesome' in autumn/winter weather.

Results & Uses: I use it to seal in moisture and to deal with dry hair. Its good to detangle and give slip. No complaints here.

:) I recommend this to anyone who wants a happy middle ground between cheap coconut oil (which doesn't have the best smell or the best quality properties) and virgin coconut oil (which is pricey but great.smells and tastes lovely, with lots of lovely benefits ... I like eating it more than applying it on my body) ... so yeah, a staple in my hair product list.

on 10/30/2011 2:47:00 PM

I love this stuff- I used this a couple of years ago and stopped using it for some reason but recently found an online source for it and stocked up on several bottles. I have fine hair, issues with seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp, and have been shedding a lot more than usual lately. I run my bottle under hot water for a few minutes, slather it on and leave it on overnight. When I wake up I wash and condition as usual, and when my hair dries it feels buttery soft and silky. After a few used my scalp is less flaky, less oily and less itchy. Still waiting to see if it has any effect on the shedding, but Vatika definitely has a long term home in my routine.

Not crazy about the smell, but that's the only thing I don't love about it.

on 7/7/2011 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff saved my hair! I have long, fine dark blonde hair that I recently had highlighted. I only wanted to go a little lighter but the lady went crazy and highlighted my whole head. I was sooo blonde! I didn't like the way may hair looked or felt after the mega highlight. My hair wasn't shiny anymore. It felt really rough and stripped. I did a deep protein conditioner 2 days after the highlight with my Ion Solutions from Sally's. A few days later I used my Dabur Vatika and left it on with a shower cap over it for about 3 hours. I shampooed and conditioned as usual with my Pureology (the green one). When I blow dried my hair I noticed an immediate improvement! My hair was shiny again!!! I use this stuff about once a week and leave it on for a few hours. My hair looks and feels healthy again- and for $4 ?! HG for sure

on 7/7/2011 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I LOVE this stuff!! I put it in my hair in the evening, and then wash it out before bed. I shampoo 2x to get this stuff out, and it rinses out well this way. Smells nice. Makes my hair feel stronger, and leaves it shiny. I try to do this 2x a week. For reference, my hair is wavy curly, and I never heat style my hair. I got this for $3.99 at the local Indian market.