Faerie Organic Mineral Makeup

3.9

Mica, Boron Nitride, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides

on 1/21/2013 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this because I wanted a makeup that was better for my skin. I used this for about three months and it became extremely expensive for me since the coverage is so bad with this makeup, even in the fuller coverage formula, that I went through a whole jar almost every week. I bought the concealer thinking it would help so I wouldn't need to so much makeup and that didn't really help at all. I liked the mascara and the blush was ok but really, really pigmented. I wouldn't buy this makeup again though since the coverage is so bad. My skin was breaking out pretty badly when I was using this too which is why I wanted to switch to a makeup that was good for my skin, but this makeup didn't seem to help calm my skin at all I should have prob just used a liquid makeup with better coverage to cover my breakouts. I wouldn't recommend this makeup, I feel as though there's definitely better mineral makeups out there.

on 11/7/2012 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Didn't like it. Caked in an hour and does not control oil AT ALL. I tried using the finishing powder on top of my BB cream and it made my BB cream staying power worse. Don't like it won't buy it. I'll use it up cause I don't want to waste but probably only on days that I'm only going to go to the grocery store and need a quick cover up.

on 10/9/2012 4:11:00 PM

I did a lot of research on the different MMUs available, and finally decided to order samples from Everyday Minerals AND Faerie Organics. Both have great reviews and both offer a great deal on samples so that you can decide before making a major purchase. I tried Everyday Minerals(EDMs) first only because their samples arrived first in the mail. I really liked Everyday Minerals, but I have decided to go with Faerie Organics for the following reasons:
1. Although both go on the skin beautifully, only Faerie Organics(FOs) prevents my skin from becoming super shiny be the end of the day...although, to be fair, the Jojoba makeup from EDMs did a pretty good job too!
2. Cost per gram, FOs is really the best price. EDMs comes with only 4.8 g of product, while FOs comes with 9 g of product.
3. FOs caused absolutely no skin problems for me! To be fair, the EDMs semi-matte did not cause any problems either, but I found the EDMs jojoba base to be a little drying for my skin.
Overall, I HIGHLY recommend FOs! I liked the concealer, airbrush foundation and the blush samples they sent! I was not fond of the full coverage samples, but that is really just a preference issue. I like very light and sheer coverage, so the airbrush formula just suits my needs better.

UPDATE: I decided to go back to EDM Jojoba base in Alabaster. My decision was based on some skin changes after I stopped using my prescription face wash and cream. I noticed my skin becoming very oily with the FO products, so I switched back to the Jojoba (which had been a bit too drying before)...It totally helped! I still like the FO, and if you do not have the oil control problem I have then I still highly recommend the FO products.

on 6/12/2012 9:45:00 PM

I have tried at least 10 brands of mineral make-up and Faerie Organics is, by far, the best. When I started using that other "big name" mineral make-up that you can buy from the informercials, I started getting cystic acne along my jaw line. I went is search of a more natural alternative and found Faerie Organic. It's the best thing that I ever did for my face. The acne went away within a few days and hasn't come back and my uber sensitive skin looks great. I don't have any problems with the powder fading during the day and the color stays true. I use many of their products (primer, foundation, blush, eye shadow, veil, lip gloss and lip balm) and I highly recommend all of them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great product! Really happy with this foundation, covers my rosacea/redness really well, not irritating to my dry, sensitive skin. Looks really natural and leaves my skin with a dewy look. Good pricing for all natural products. The jars have a rotating sifter so the foundation does not make a mess in my purse (the other mineral brand I previously used always ended up all over everything) Great find. I highly recommend. For maximum coverage with mineral makeup a concealer brush is a must have, you really cant get perfect coverage with only a kabuki, so I'd suggest making sure have a concealer brush handy if you order the sample kits as they only come with a kabuki. Overall I love it and have recommended it to all my friends.

I tried faerie organic hoping for coverage as it promised. It was terrible..it doesn't cover without making my dry skin look terrible. The colors do not match my skin tone..none of them do..I tried both the light and the medium and it all looks cakey, fake, and uneven. It's winter so I have some dry skin and this makes me look terrible! My boyfriend said my skin looks uneven and I blend this stuff as much as possible. It's coverage is not good for hyperpigmentation. I have some old scarring and very mininal acne and it will cover but have fun padding that powder on your skin for an hour and forget about buffing it again. All in all...a waste of money.. and the bronzer I ordered...TERRIBLE! Makes me look orangy! The packaging is also awful...the foundation comes in a small little container so swirling and tapping you lose most of the foundation. Also, the bronzer is even smaller...like the size of a quarter...try using a bronzer brush in a tiny cap like that...what a MESS! Hope this helps someone bc I feel like someone from the company writes half of the reviews out there:(

on 2/13/2012 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is the best mineral makeup I've used with the greatest amount of coverage for my age spots, dark circles, scars, acne, and psoriasis. I've used BM, Afterglow, Loreal, Marykay (my previous fav until i discovered how toxic their whole line of makeup is) and even e.l.f.
FO packages alot of product for the price. More than any other high quality company. By about three times the product at two thirds the cost.
I experienced no itching or irritation and love the sun filter it provides so i can skip cream sunscreens.
When i first began using FO i had some uneven texture where i had patches of acne and psoriasis. I applied the powder to the area but it settled in between my raised bumps. Then i turned the already-applied powder into a cream by adding coconut oil. Olive oil and hazelnut oil (which is WONDERFUL and FO sells it) work just as well. It also is a good trick if powder settles into dry, wrinkled skin around my eyes. But that hasn't happened at all since i started using the right brush to apply it, which is stiffer than the previous under-eye brush i used.
I experienced very oily skin when using any mineral foundations. I read in the skincare section on FO what to do about it. I changed my soap to a soap free cleanser and also use the rosemary toner. These items together are way cheaper then the soap i used to buy from dermagist. My skin GLOWS. I also use the hazelnut serum which further promotes my happy skin. I no longer have little bumps or psoriasis. I'm also seeing a gradual decline in oil mid day.
The dispenser on the hazelnut oil is perfect. One pump gives me just enough to do my eyes or lips. i need three pumps for my face. And the oil immediately plumps my lips up twice as full. I've never seen that from any lip plumper or moisturizer before. It was dirt cheap compared to DHC's olive oil ($30 for 1oz) at only $14 for 2 oz. (But you have to look in the "new items" section at fearieorganic.com or you'll miss it.)
And if that wasn't enough...
I ordered their eyeshadows in every shade of green and some eye popping colors too. I've never encountered eyeshadow with such strong pigmentation. ''Mac cosmetics'' boasts "high-pigment" and i'm left wondering why. FO's "Spruce green" is the same color as my eyes (blue-green) only a few shades darker. It make one heck of an alluring eyeliner. The blush is also high pigment. In the sample kit they include a note saying "a little of this goes a long way" and they mean it. I use a whisper blush brush (''eco tools'' from walmart or target). FO sells one and it's ideal for this kind of blush. It picks up much less for sparse application. They sent me a sample of "true blush" and it is what it says. Looks natural. Very pigmented. I don't even put it on my blush brush every day. Most of the time i can just pick up my brush and it has on it what i need already.
I adore the "Fearie Glow Highlighter" because with powder foundation, shimmer on the cheekbones is a must or you'll look unnatural. This highlighter has fine shimmer, not large metallic flakes. It looks quite natural.
I ordered over a hundred dollars worth of product from them and loved it all. They sent me a free shimmer chapstick because of that with a note that said "you are loved". I ddn't order the stick originally because i don't like castor oil, it's first ingredient. But when i used it it didn't have that same chokey feeling as bonnie bells lipstix i used when i was a kid. It had shea butter in it too and it's now my absolute favorite chapstick.
I'm dissapointed that FO isn't on the search engines when i look for natural makeup. I really think this is ideal for women on a budget and teenage girls. I found it through ewg.org/skindeep. That's where i discovered i was poisoning myself with my Marykay makeup (which i used to sell and got my sister hooked on) and my sunscreen. I'm glad it was on their search engine. It came with excellent reviews from users and low-health-risk ratings. The reason it wasn't a no-health-risk rating is the titanium dioxide it uses. Which is a powerful physical uv blocker (the kind that matters). I'd rather be with that ingredient then without it.

on 1/27/2012 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this mineral makeup! I have severe acne-prone skin with scars from old acne and this makeup not only covers those up (making my face look smoother) it's also been helping keep my acne at bay. Granted my skin care regimen and my diet has been improved in terms of quality (I'm eating more raw foods & using ONLY natural oils and soaps on my skin) AMAZING difference!

I would definitely keep using this product I LOVE IT! I just bought one of their blushes but it's a little darker than I expected so I definitely recommend that you order a sample kit before you buy but it's worth it!!!! :)

on 1/4/2012 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this foundation just as much as my Silk Naturals foundation. It has very nice coverage and doesn' t agitate my acne prone skin. Its very silky and blends very nice. The only problem I have is that my oily skin just doesn't allow for it stay on my face! Even tho I've tried primer after primer, I'm still on the hunt for a primer that keeps my oily skin at bay. I give this 4 lippies bc it's very nice, and I still use it all the time! I just have to blot and fix my face every couple of hours and be really careful and such like that, which is really inconvenient. I recommend this for slightly oily, normal, and dry skinned ladies :)

on 9/14/2011 7:19:00 PM

Love this product! My acne has become 100 times better! Thank goodness I kept looking... I was about to give up on makeup all together! Super light, and doesn't cake like others I've tried. Best of all, it actually matches my skin tone! Not orange like others I've tried, lol.