August 20, 2014 | 1112 users online

Foundations - Faerie Organic Mineral Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by reddhead1216

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried at least 10 brands of mineral make-up and Faerie Organics is, by far, the best. When I started using that other "big name" mineral make-up that you can buy from the informercials, I started getting cystic acne along my jaw line. I went is search of a more natural alternative and found Faerie Organic. It's the best thing that I ever did for my face. The acne went away within a few days and hasn't come back and my uber sensitive skin looks great. I don't have any problems with the powder fading during the day and the color stays true. I use many of their products (primer, foundation, blush, eye shadow, veil, lip gloss and lip balm) and I highly recommend all of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by beautyqueen1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product! Really happy with this foundation, covers my rosacea/redness really well, not irritating to my dry, sensitive skin. Looks really natural and leaves my skin with a dewy look. Good pricing for all natural products. The jars have a rotating sifter so the foundation does not make a mess in my purse (the other mineral brand I previously used always ended up all over everything) Great find. I highly recommend. For maximum coverage with mineral makeup a concealer brush is a must have, you really cant get perfect coverage with only a kabuki, so I'd suggest making sure have a concealer brush handy if you order the sample kits as they only come with a kabuki. Overall I love it and have recommended it to all my friends.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by ughhhhhskinsux

I tried faerie organic hoping for coverage as it promised. It was terrible..it doesn't cover without making my dry skin look terrible. The colors do not match my skin tone..none of them do..I tried both the light and the medium and it all looks cakey, fake, and uneven. It's winter so I have some dry skin and this makes me look terrible! My boyfriend said my skin looks uneven and I blend this stuff as much as possible. It's coverage is not good for hyperpigmentation. I have some old scarring and very mininal acne and it will cover but have fun padding that powder on your skin for an hour and forget about buffing it again. All in all...a waste of money.. and the bronzer I ordered...TERRIBLE! Makes me look orangy! The packaging is also awful...the foundation comes in a small little container so swirling and tapping you lose most of the foundation. Also, the bronzer is even smaller...like the size of a quarter...try using a bronzer brush in a tiny cap like that...what a MESS! Hope this helps someone bc I feel like someone from the company writes half of the reviews out there:(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by greenmoonlore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the best mineral makeup I've used with the greatest amount of coverage for my age spots, dark circles, scars, acne, and psoriasis. I've used BM, Afterglow, Loreal, Marykay (my previous fav until i discovered how toxic their whole line of makeup is) and even e.l.f.
FO packages alot of product for the price. More than any other high quality company. By about three times the product at two thirds the cost.
I experienced no itching or irritation and love the sun filter it provides so i can skip cream sunscreens.
When i first began using FO i had some uneven texture where i had patches of acne and psoriasis. I applied the powder to the area but it settled in between my raised bumps. Then i turned the already-applied powder into a cream by adding coconut oil. Olive oil and hazelnut oil (which is WONDERFUL and FO sells it) work just as well. It also is a good trick if powder settles into dry, wrinkled skin around my eyes. But that hasn't happened at all since i started using the right brush to apply it, which is stiffer than the previous under-eye brush i used.
I experienced very oily skin when using any mineral foundations. I read in the skincare section on FO what to do about it. I changed my soap to a soap free cleanser and also use the rosemary toner. These items together are way cheaper then the soap i used to buy from dermagist. My skin GLOWS. I also use the hazelnut serum which further promotes my happy skin. I no longer have little bumps or psoriasis. I'm also seeing a gradual decline in oil mid day.
The dispenser on the hazelnut oil is perfect. One pump gives me just enough to do my eyes or lips. i need three pumps for my face. And the oil immediately plumps my lips up twice as full. I've never seen that from any lip plumper or moisturizer before. It was dirt cheap compared to DHC's olive oil ($30 for 1oz) at only $14 for 2 oz. (But you have to look in the "new items" section at fearieorganic.com or you'll miss it.)
And if that wasn't enough...
I ordered their eyeshadows in every shade of green and some eye popping colors too. I've never encountered eyeshadow with such strong pigmentation. ''Mac cosmetics'' boasts "high-pigment" and i'm left wondering why. FO's "Spruce green" is the same color as my eyes (blue-green) only a few shades darker. It make one heck of an alluring eyeliner. The blush is also high pigment. In the sample kit they include a note saying "a little of this goes a long way" and they mean it. I use a whisper blush brush (''eco tools'' from walmart or target). FO sells one and it's ideal for this kind of blush. It picks up much less for sparse application. They sent me a sample of "true blush" and it is what it says. Looks natural. Very pigmented. I don't even put it on my blush brush every day. Most of the time i can just pick up my brush and it has on it what i need already.
I adore the "Fearie Glow Highlighter" because with powder foundation, shimmer on the cheekbones is a must or you'll look unnatural. This highlighter has fine shimmer, not large metallic flakes. It looks quite natural.
I ordered over a hundred dollars worth of product from them and loved it all. They sent me a free shimmer chapstick because of that with a note that said "you are loved". I ddn't order the stick originally because i don't like castor oil, it's first ingredient. But when i used it it didn't have that same chokey feeling as bonnie bells lipstix i used when i was a kid. It had shea butter in it too and it's now my absolute favorite chapstick.
I'm dissapointed that FO isn't on the search engines when i look for natural makeup. I really think this is ideal for women on a budget and teenage girls. I found it through ewg.org/skindeep. That's where i discovered i was poisoning myself with my Marykay makeup (which i used to sell and got my sister hooked on) and my sunscreen. I'm glad it was on their search engine. It came with excellent reviews from users and low-health-risk ratings. The reason it wasn't a no-health-risk rating is the titanium dioxide it uses. Which is a powerful physical uv blocker (the kind that matters). I'd rather be with that ingredient then without it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by docemoda

I love this mineral makeup! I have severe acne-prone skin with scars from old acne and this makeup not only covers those up (making my face look smoother) it's also been helping keep my acne at bay. Granted my skin care regimen and my diet has been improved in terms of quality (I'm eating more raw foods & using ONLY natural oils and soaps on my skin) AMAZING difference!

I would definitely keep using this product I LOVE IT! I just bought one of their blushes but it's a little darker than I expected so I definitely recommend that you order a sample kit before you buy but it's worth it!!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by jtenopir88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this foundation just as much as my Silk Naturals foundation. It has very nice coverage and doesn' t agitate my acne prone skin. Its very silky and blends very nice. The only problem I have is that my oily skin just doesn't allow for it stay on my face! Even tho I've tried primer after primer, I'm still on the hunt for a primer that keeps my oily skin at bay. I give this 4 lippies bc it's very nice, and I still use it all the time! I just have to blot and fix my face every couple of hours and be really careful and such like that, which is really inconvenient. I recommend this for slightly oily, normal, and dry skinned ladies :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by lynsee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this product! My acne has become 100 times better! Thank goodness I kept looking... I was about to give up on makeup all together! Super light, and doesn't cake like others I've tried. Best of all, it actually matches my skin tone! Not orange like others I've tried, lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Peaches4me

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I stumbled across the reviews here on F.O and had to post. I can tell you now that the girl who wrote prior to me about having an allergy to faerie used the same brushes from BE and then used them when she tried the F.O., How do I know this? Because the same dang thing happened to me. I used to use BE but experienced a pinchy tight irritated feeling, so I stopped use and tried a few other mineral brands, I was perplexed when I still had the pinchy feeling and irritation and assumed I was allergic to all mineral makeup or something in it. I was told by customer service at F.O. never to use the same brushes from one company to another, I thought they were just trying to sell me on some brushes, so I went to walgreens and picked some up and low and behold NO ALLERGY! I had used the BE brushes (i did wash them so I suppose it could have been soap residue or leftover product) but it apparently was what caused me a reaction. I now use F.O. minerals with no problems whatsoever. Heads up for those who switch from one product to another. As for the girl who is applying the loose minerals wet ( i have seen people try this and you will NOT get good coverage this way)especially since you MUST also use a concealer brush people! Mineral makeup does not cover blemishes and such alone you need a good concealer brush to spot apply. I am also not a fan of using cream products (such as stick or cream concealers) with minerals as it always makes a yucky mess, I have tried creamy concealers before with minerals and it grabs the powders funny, I am pretty sure that is why mineral makeup companies sell powder concealers (and eyeshadows, blushes, etc) instead of creams, as creamy products under (or worse on top of) powder minerals is a big hot mess. One last FYI, MINERAL VEIL'S ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SHINY PEOPLE! MINERAL VEIL'S are made of cornstarch (at BE) and arrowroot or rice powder (at F.O) Neither of these are shiny ingredients, but actually oil absorbing! Hence no shine. lol. They should have requirements before people are allowed to post. I personally like the smallness and personal nature of this company, I also subscribe their blog as I love the natural stand they take and the holistic approach to health as a whole, you do not see this from most *big store companies. I am glad I actually was able to wear them so I can support the little guys.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2011 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Bulbasaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

ALLERGY TO THIS PRODUCT.
I tried the sample kit (with add on) from this company because I had previously used another brand of mineral makeup that made my face itchy and swollen. I originally thought it was from the bismuth chloridine that the other company used, so I was really excited to try out the samples from Faerie Organics.
To my surprise, I had some kind of allergic reaction to it as well. Although my face was not itchy, I felt really swollen and had a general feeling of heaviness all over my face. I tried using only the concealer, only the foundation, only the mineral veil, but each one of them gave me the same allergic reaction.
Also, the finish wasn't as good as what I had previously experienced with mineral makeup, I found that the coverage wasn't optimal (and I have fairly even skin) and the mineral veil not shiny enough.
I can't comment on the packaging, but using the samples was really a hassle, it was really hard not to make a mess out of the process and trying to get a tiny amount of product on the brushes was almost impossible.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this product in the "Maximum coverage' formula because I have a lot of post acne scarring to cover up and I hate spending so much time piling on layer after layer of mineral makeup. But, what I've found is that nothing truly beats buying a pressed mineral makeup product and applying it with a flocked sponge. With this method, on a well moisturized face (or at least a little cream concealer on trouble spots) to give the minerals something to adhere to, you get truly maximum coverage. However, with loose minerals, it's kind of a pain to use a flocked sponge and the effect isn't quite the same.

In my opinion, this foundation is just average---there's nothing great about it and nothing that separates it from every other "pure" mineral line out there. There are now a ton of companies that don't use bismuth and talc. I also find their instructional video on how to cover acne to be a complete misrepresentation of their product. It's definitely, definitely not that "simple" to cover acne with their foundation! They made it seem as though using a concealer brush with a tiny bit of foundation, while using one or two light coats of foundation with a fluffy powder brush will make imperfections simply disappear. This is really not true and I'm not new to MMU, so I have a lot of different brushes and methods of application to get the best coverage possible with any foundation I use.

I moisturized my face, using a light coating of cream concealer on my trouble spots, and used a very dense bristled flat top long handled kabuki brush and a full coverage large concealer brush and after 3 layers of foundation, nothing was covered. It evened out my skin tone, but that was it, so the coverage was sheer (even with the Max coverage formula).

So, this was a big "eh" for me. If you're looking for a foundation to just even out your skin tone, try it out, but other than that, please look elsewhere.

So far, Larenim pressed foundation and The All Natural Face (pressed or loose) have the best coverage for me. Lucy Minerals has pretty decent coverage, as well, but isn't the best for oily skin. I'm on Accutane now, so my skin has turned dry, so I can use a lot of foundations I couldn't use before. Larenim I can use even with very oily skin. I apply with a flocked sponge and I don't even use a separate mineral concealer because I don't have to.

****EDIT**** I just wanted to update to let people know what I've recently discovered. Any foundation with Boron Nitride makes me itchy---it may not be right away (definitely when I sweat)----and it ultimately clogs my pores and gives me horrible cystic acne. I've been narrowing it down and have finally realized what the common ingredient is amongst all the brands I've tried that use this particular ingredient. For me, Boron Nitride is as bad as Bismuth Oxychloride. Think about it---some people get a severe reaction from Bismuth, while others aren't bothered by it at all. So, why couldn't the same thing be true of Boron Nitride? Or any other ingredient used in mineral makeup?

I've put my skin through hell because I didn't want to face it, but alas---I'm away from Boron Nitride and my skin is finally smooth again. Now for the scarring :( And I'm still on the hunt for the ideal foundation without this ingredient.