E.L.F. Eyebrow Lifter & Filler

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/18/2010 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm surprised at all the good reviews for this product. I guess everyone like this for the sake of the highlighter part. Although it's not something you can't find elsewhere, I don't have any complaints about that part of the duo as well. BUT the other part is way too thick and chubby to be a handy eyebrow pencil. For me a good eyebrow pencil should be in the same size as an eyeliner pencil because you obviously need control while working on every part and angel of your brows. I understand why they call this as 'Eyebrow Lifter and FILLER'. They felt like they had to make the highlighter part chubby to make it more useful but doing so they had to sacrifice the usefulness of the other part as they have to be in the same size to make them a 'duo'. That filler is indeed so big and fat so that it can only be used to fill the thick part of the brows. But when it comes to do the arches and the thinner part this fails big time. Thanks to its really creamy texture it smudges and smudges. I hate wasting my time by wiping the stains that this product leaves around my brows. Oh and I'm not a fan of the shade I have (Medium) as there's too much red in it. I don't know what they were thinking while making such a 'non-universal' shade and call it 'medium'. Maybe I'll just use up the highlighter part and throw away the rest of it. Oh well..

on 9/24/2010 2:50:00 PM

I got this because I thought it would be easier than the eyebrow compact that I have from elf. It's not really easier because the pencil seems to be a little less forgiving than when you use it with the brush in the compact. I like the lifter part of this pencil though- it's a nice highlight for the eyebrow arch. Packaging wise it's not bad but I would have rather had the sharpener be an addition not part of the lid. I always nick the pencil when putting the cap on. Overall not a bad product. I would recommend to girls who like eyebrow pencils and who really need to draw them on instead of just filling them in. :/

on 9/21/2010 12:09:00 AM

I am really glad that I chose to purchase this product. I like that it is double ended with the filler and lifter as well as the sharpener included because we all know thats something that we could easily forget to pack if traveling. I dont think that the filler is too creamy, i actually prefer it to some other brow pencils I have that i find I have to try a lot harder to get color to apply. I apply the filler with a light hand and then go over it with a spoolie and I think the consistency acts almost like a wax to keep hairs in place. The lifter looks great under the arch as well. I have this in light and it works well with my brows, it is a hard color to match sometimes with other brands as I have dirty blonde hair but not ash colored brows that are sometimes considered "light" and brown is sometimes too dark. This matched great. I would recommend this and would repurchase.

on 7/16/2010 8:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE this!! The color is so wonderful (medium) that I can put aside the too creamy texture. I just use a spoolie and apply only where I need it. The brow highlighter is the BOMB--certianly does make a polished look as I am not a great fan of "highlight" an I have freckles and it looks a little wack on me--but this is matte and lovely!!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this because I was hoping the lift side could be a dupe of Benefit EyeBright. I now have EyeBright and they're somewhat similar. Eyebright is lighter and not as sticky. Anyway, onto the review for this.

I like the lift side, it's great to brighten up under my brows. It is a bit sticky though, but I think that's good to act as a base for your highlight.

The fill side...is way too creamy. I have to be very careful when using this, and I find that if you don't set it with a powder or gel, it's definitely going to rub off.

The packaging...I'm not very fond of this. The sharpener lid is terrible and nicks the product, so I took the lid off of my other e.l.f concealer and put it on both sides. It's okay this way but I can't tell which side is which!

Overall, this is good for light travel, but there are better brow products out there.

on 5/22/2010 10:23:00 AM

I actually find that the 'filler' is perfect in softness. Ok - maybe a little too soft, but it really isn't a problem for me. I have it in Light which is a great match for me even though I have a little darker hair. It glides on really nice, and it makes my eyebrows look amazing! I just sweep it over my eyebrows twice each, and I'm good to go.
The highlighting side isn't bad either. It can be a little cakey, but if you warm it up a little with your fingers, it isn't a problem.

I would have given this product a perfect 5 if the brow filler side wasn't so darn soft. Otherwise, it's great. The color "Dark" is a very nice dark brown that leans to the cool side. The problem is that it's just too creamy to be used straight on brow hairs. It's workable if I use a very light hand, blend with my fingers and then run a brow gel through, but that's fairly time consuming. However, since I refuse to let products go to waste, I've found that this makes a nice smudgeable eyeliner. The lifter side, however, is well worth the money even if you don't use the filler. It looks like a dupe of Benefit's High Brow. The color is a light fleshy pink (no shimmer) that really brightens up the face. I like to use it under my brows, as suggested, and also in the inner corners of my eyes. It blends like a dream! The packaging is nice, also. One end is capped and the other has a built-in sharpener. Full price is $3, but ELF always has sales going on (I got mine half off). I highly recommend this if you are looking for a brightening pencil.

I got this in dark. Very, very creamy. This can be a good thing or a bad thing. Used with a light hand, I think you'll be very pleased with the results.
Even if you don't like the "filler" part, the "lifter" part is in itself worth the money. It makes my eyebrows look clean and polished. Love it.
I gave it 4 lips only because the filler is SO creamy it's a little difficult to know the exact right pressure to use it. haha

on 4/15/2010 2:24:00 PM

I love this product. I find both ends very creamy and easy to apply however I recommend using brush for the filler part because you could easily put too much product on the eye brows. I really like it it's easy to apply and the lifter part does its job, it's very creamy and the color is beautiful. I recommend this product to everyone. The only con I was able to find is that the cap on the filler part got loose and it opens easily. The sharpener works well too. Overall a great product.

on 2/18/2010 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have each of the brow tools (brow kit, treat and tame, arch kit, tweezers) from ELF and I like them all. I did find both ends of this to be creamy, but just be light-handed or use a brush. The color is perfect (I got medium for my light brown hair color). The sharpener and cap make it convenient for travel/purse when I can't carry the Brow Kit compact. I recommend this and most of the products from ELF.

Popular Brows Products