July 25, 2014 | 1871 users online

Treatments (Face) - 3M - Nexcare Acne Patch

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by FLYONA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Received my pack I ordered from ebay last week...let's just say I have already ordered two more packs so I am never without. Amazing stuff - draws all the gunk out and flattens spots in a few applications.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Osarr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Excellent product. Only works on zits which have a head. It draws all the gunk out and the pimple becomes flat and heals quickly

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by RYANNSMOMMY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Already on my second box! I've never written a review before, but these little patches make me want to sing out to the world! The trick for me is that you have to open the zit and then put a patch on. Whether it's a deep cystic zit or normal pimple that has not come to a head, I wash my face thoroughly and open it with a sterile needle and then place the pimple patch on it and leave it on overnight. It's so exciting to peel them off when I wake up and see all the gunk they've extracted. I've struggled with terrible acne and for the first time in my life my skin is acne free! And with my new regimen I'm hoping to keep the acne away! Just waiting for some of the red post acne spots to disappear. Only negative is that I went through a box in a week lol

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by ChewyT

I'm not sure. Out of the 5 times I've used it, it didn't really do any tricks for me. My almost-ripe pimples were still raging and angry.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by babybefree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

TL;DR: Invest in these for popped pimples and those deep painful pimples.

I had to write a review for this product after officially testing it last night on a cyst.

Two days ago, I woke up with a cyst forming on the bottom of my chin. When I say cyst, I mean a big painful pimple that's deep under the skin, doesn't respond to any treatment, is multiple affected pores in one, and can last up to a week or two (or more according to some people) before leaving a scar. (by the way, I've only randomly had deep pimples like this, and I think I've narrowed it down to excessive omega 3- I got a few of these when I was taking omega 3/fish oil supplements and got this one after eating walnuts daily for the past week, hope that helps someone to hear).

I'd recently bought these patches because I'd read the reviews on here and thought they could work for me. I usually only have small surface whiteheads and these things supposedly suck the gunk out of it when you place it on top overnight. Some reviews say just place it on, while others say pop it first so it can actually flow out. For the latter reason, people said these patches didn't do much on the deep underground pimples with no whitehead. A few said it did work, so with a little faith I placed the large-size patch on around 8 pm. Late at night before I fell asleep, I looked at it up close in a mirror and thought I could see kind of a cluster of white spots underneath and was shocked/excited that it may be working. I resisted the temptation to take it off and look, and went to bed.

This morning I took it off and the swelling was down probably 70% and the pain was gone, though there was still a pink spot there. Sure enough, there was some white gunk on the patch. This thing managed to pull some of it out even though it was way under the skin. So this is pretty much a miracle in my book now, as very few treatments are able to affect blocked pores so deep. This thing appears to have made a path where there wasn't one. I could briefly see the affected pores at the surface after taking this off, so I'm hoping that if I put something on it, it may be able to help some now.

Later tonight, I'll be wearing another patch and expect it will be mostly taken care of tomorrow. Wow. You can find these online for around 8 dollars for a pack of about 30. If you ever get a stubborn pimple, invest in a pack of these to have on hand. I got two packs on amazon with some other items. Without this, my cyst probably would've gotten a little bigger before sitting on my face for a week or two and then flaking/scabbing over (really bad) and leaving a scar. It's definitely worth it. My pimples can be stubborn as mules- treatments that work great for others usually do nothing for me, like the Queen Helene mint julep mask. So when something works, I'm impressed.

As for the patch itself- it's light yellow and translucent, so you can notice it on your face. It's kind of gel-like and has pretty decent sticking power- it stayed on all night as I slept. If you live with people you wouldn't want seeing this, I'd recommend putting one on as you go to sleep. It's more discreet than other spot treatments at least, but not invisible. But still worth getting on however you can- but let it stay on for a good 6+ hours for it to do its job.

Hope that helps.

edit #1 (later the same night). I ended up having the day to myself so I wore another one of these patches from around 1 to 4 (not long but I had dinner plans I wanted to start getting ready for). I took the patch off and, again, the affected pores were visible with tiny bits of pus sticking out of the pore. I gently pushed some of the infection out, which unfortunately/understandably irritated the spot (so maybe avoid doing that), so I showered, washed with a gentle cleanser, and put another patch on it around 5 since my dinner plans were rescheduled.

A little after 9, I took off the patch with some gunk on it, and the spot was again reduced in inflammation. I could clearly see tiny bits of pus sticking out again from four pores that were in a row. My cyst was at least 4 affected pores! I've now put one more patch on that I'll leave on over night, and will update on its condition in the morning. Now, I know this will be 4 patches over 2-3 days, but this was a monster, and I'm confident that nothing else could've resolved a cyst like this.

edit #2 (2 days later) yesterday it was calmed down enough that I could totally cover it with my light/medium concealer (almay tlc) and it was fine all day. when i washed my makeup off later that night, it still looked okay but the top layer of skin flaked off with new pink skin underneath. I put a little patch on that and went to bed.

today- no pain, hardly any inflammation, and only slightly more pink than the rest of my skin. Can't believe it's on its way out after only a couple days - less than half the healing time of previous cysts. awesome. i'll leave a final update in a few days seeing if there's any scar leftover compared to the other scars. (did leave a small pink mark)

final consensus- works to draw out pus/oil from popped pimples and even from the deep under the skin pimples that nothing else can touch. Not as effective over regular whiteheads. Draws liquid only so it can't suck out any big hardened sebum plugs, though it'll bring them to the surface.

And that's enough of me talking about something so gross! Haha

37 out of 38 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by gumbydog

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bottom line: this stuff works. You unpeel a dot of this stuff with their plastic tweezers and paste it on the problem before going to bed. The next morning, the problem is significantly diminished. The painful swelling is gone. This is big news for those of us who suffer from cystic acne.

My only complaint is that the 3M is very stingy with the product. I suspect they could easily double the number of applications for very little money. If you have multiple breakouts on a daily basis, you'll go through a box of this in a week or two, and that can be expensive.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by kittencuddler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Excellent!!! I use them whenever I get pimples, and they work a charm to extract whatever grossness is in there. They are a little on the pricy side, but that's fine for me. I will say, however, that you should put these on before you use a moisturizer (or give it plenty of time to dry!) because sometimes the moisturizer can make the patches not stick as well.

It usually takes two nights (plus nightly salicylic acid) for a pimple to go 85% away. Then I just let them heal naturally and I get no PIH or scars.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Kingsjealous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first heard about this, I thought I would give it a good try.
I've used the product now for 3 nights and 2 days. It has definitely helped my acne. Only to realize that very very quickly I had gone through a pack.

Its definitely helped, no doubt.
Yes works for men as well.
I would recommend it to anybody, afterall its simple to use and you dont feel it on you at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by fazli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Tried on many pimples of different acne on myself and on a couple of people around me: works rarely, never completely reducing he pimple. Usually has to stay on quite long, e.g. 15+ hours

and... worst... on one of my acne it peeled off the skin on top of it and it still has a scar although it's been more than three weeks since then... and i get scars rarely

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Nicojoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these! They work better than any acne lotion/gel/ treatment I've ever tried to reduce the size of pimples quickly and draw out the puss and bacteria inside. I've used Kate Summerville's drying lotion, Mario badescu's, everything at the drug store, murad and Peter Thomas Roth spot treatments as well as others to give you an idea. These are better, reducing the size by half overnight if not completely. I wore them once during the day and they were even more effective as they locked out all the bacteria and environmental pollution. The only downside is they are pricey $8.00 on amazon , you only get 36 in a pack and most of those are the small size. Still, they are good enough for me to keep repurchasing.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No