April 25, 2014 | 1015 users online

Treatments - 3M - Nexcare Acne Patch

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by gumbydog

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bottom line: this stuff works. You unpeel a dot of this stuff with their plastic tweezers and paste it on the problem before going to bed. The next morning, the problem is significantly diminished. The painful swelling is gone. This is big news for those of us who suffer from cystic acne.

My only complaint is that the 3M is very stingy with the product. I suspect they could easily double the number of applications for very little money. If you have multiple breakouts on a daily basis, you'll go through a box of this in a week or two, and that can be expensive.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by kittencuddler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Excellent!!! I use them whenever I get pimples, and they work a charm to extract whatever grossness is in there. They are a little on the pricy side, but that's fine for me. I will say, however, that you should put these on before you use a moisturizer (or give it plenty of time to dry!) because sometimes the moisturizer can make the patches not stick as well.

It usually takes two nights (plus nightly salicylic acid) for a pimple to go 85% away. Then I just let them heal naturally and I get no PIH or scars.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Kingsjealous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first heard about this, I thought I would give it a good try.
I've used the product now for 3 nights and 2 days. It has definitely helped my acne. Only to realize that very very quickly I had gone through a pack.

Its definitely helped, no doubt.
Yes works for men as well.
I would recommend it to anybody, afterall its simple to use and you dont feel it on you at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by fazli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had used this some years ago. (I hope it is the product, looks very similar). Could not find it since then and other similars did not work well. But was quite expensive, hence not planning to repurchase. I would need a package per week...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Nicojoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these! They work better than any acne lotion/gel/ treatment I've ever tried to reduce the size of pimples quickly and draw out the puss and bacteria inside. I've used Kate Summerville's drying lotion, Mario badescu's, everything at the drug store, murad and Peter Thomas Roth spot treatments as well as others to give you an idea. These are better, reducing the size by half overnight if not completely. I wore them once during the day and they were even more effective as they locked out all the bacteria and environmental pollution. The only downside is they are pricey $8.00 on amazon , you only get 36 in a pack and most of those are the small size. Still, they are good enough for me to keep repurchasing.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by LadyAmaryllis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

A holy grail product for really bad zits! I only use these on a freshly washed face and on pimples that have come to a head--I lance them with a sterile needle, gently squeeze out whatever I can (yes, I know it's gross, sorry) and then swab the area with my alcohol-based toner. Once the alcohol has evaporated I slap one of these buggers on and leave it on overnight. It sucks out all the gunk and pus in the most grotesquely satisfying way--you can see the once-translucent, flexible, pale yellow hydrocolloid turning white and opaque as it absorbs the pus and serous weepy exudate from the pimple. Without these, your popped pimple would just form a scab and all of that crap would stay trapped inside and your zit would be back with a vengeance but as long as I use one of these the zit is much flatter, much less red and angry looking when I take the patch off in the morning. Removing it and seeing how much crap it sucked out of my zit provides the same absurd satisfaction I derive from peeling off pore strips and removing comedones. Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about :)

Some usage tips: You must make sure that your skin is dry and oil-free in order for these to adhere properly. Sometimes if I feel like it's going to fall off (I sleep on my face--bad girl!!) I will put a little piece of medical paper tape over it to hold it in place. I specifically use the PAPER tape because it is breathable and will not make my skin all macerated and gross. The paper tape can be found easily at any drugstore in the first aid section and I buy the patches themselves on eBay.

34 out of 34 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by slimslady11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Completely and utterly amazing. How does it do it?! It sucks out all the oil and your pimple is shrunk down to nothing over night!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

I am amazed by this product. These patches are basically little round clear stickers that you put on your blemishes and they magically suck all the gross zit-gunk right out. Quickly. Where has this product been all my life?
Twenty-four hours ago I had a large under-the-surface cystic-type pimple that was red and swollen and looked pretty long-term. I have only used 2 patches on it and it is GONE. Completely flattened out and there is no post-acne discoloration. I can't believe it- it's only been a day and that monster pimple has been virtually ERASED. Even after reading so many glowing reviews I didn't expect the results to be this impressive. All I can say is Wow.
They are effective, easy to use, and affordable. I bought a box of 36 patches for 7.99 but I did have to order online because I couldn't find it in stores. This is a real gem, it just might be the most effective acne-treatment product I've ever tried.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
New Favorite Product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, this beats the old band aid and polysporin trick by a mile.
I bought a pack from Ebay and I have to say, I love Asian skin care products, they blow my mind sometimes. (I have even tried Uguisu No Fun!~Google it) I bought these without a second thought.
I got them just in time too, I was trying something out and I got a huge cystic-like pimple. Only one, and in the place of a previous pimple I had squeezed (I have learned that if you squeeze, get the seed out or it comes back HARD CORE!) and boy oh boy did this m'fer hurt!! It was already a week old when I got these stickers so I applied...and applied and applied. Nothing was happening. In fact, it got a little worse. So after a week of applying the stickers I stopped and was dealing with a mad, angry little knob with no head on it.
So I applied some drying agent (tea tree oil) and the next morning I squeezed it, Yeah yeah...let's not get into it.
Anyway I did the dirty deed and I slapped a sticker on it.
Within 2 nights of use the pimple went from A) angry, red & hurty to B) flat and scabbed to C) This morning, the scab just peeled off and left a new, clear spot of pink skin. La Voila!! I thought I was going to be struggling with this all summer, and here it is gone, just the PIH mark left. The trick is to pop it, or use them WHEN the pimple is ready to pop. Doing so before that resulted in an underground thing that hurt badly.

I had no problem with the stickers sticking to my skin,btw.
You can wear them out in public too if you're the "who cares what people think" type like me.
I can safely say these are a HG find for me. I love them and will buy them until I can't get them anymore.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I do not regret buying these, but the reviewer under me is right - you can get the same thing for cheaper, BUT, BIG DIFFERENCE: the acne patches are thinner and less rigid than regular hydrocolloid plasters and you notice them less when they're on, but the thicker hydrocolloid plasters are stronger - they pull the nasty gunk out more effectively. They might work a little slower though. If I feel that a blemish requires FAST drainage, I actually like to use the acne patches. If the blemish is quite deep and doesn't want to go anywhere (stupid hormonal breakouts :( ) I might use hydrocolloid plasters because they stick to it better and pull stronger, but the acne patches are definitely quite strong too... as long as they stick.

I really like these little stickers. I bought them for myself and my mom, who both have very sensitive skin that hyperpigmentates very easily. On top of that, we also tend to get those nasty pimples that lie right under the surface of the skin, that you can't get out yourself, so there's no way of popping the pimple, which is recommended with these. I first tested some of these out on my mom, as she has rosacea and get bad hormonal acne sometimes. The reviews on here were good and all, but I didn't really hope for anything - the pimples me and my mom get are so deep that I thought these would not be effective against them... but it really helped overnight - the pimples we used these on looked much better...! Later I also tried it on some of my stubborn pimples - those that have been on my skin for a week and don't seem to be hurrying anywhere. Helped overnight on two, and a little bit on a third one, which I didn't glue the patch on properly. Point is: these WORK! And not only on whiteheads, but also on deeper pimples and hormonal acne! :)
The only annoyance I have with thee is that the glue on them is quite weak, or at least weaker than I would like. If you wear these over-night and tend to turn around a lot in your bed (which I don't do), they can fall off. I also wish they were thinning out towards the sides, as it would also help them stay on. These are things you get used to though.
I would also like to say: when they draw out the pimples I get, they actually leave a little pink mark where the pimple was - it's way better than a "squeeze-mark", but it's still there. This doesn't annoy me a all, as it goes away after a day or so. I don't know if anyone else here has had the same thing. It might also depend on the pimple itself, I guess.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No