October 24, 2014 | 1451 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Extra Volume Collagen mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by ventricle

I swear, I only had this mascara for about 2 weeks, and it completely dried up. Not because I was leaving the lid off, or leaving the wand lying around, or anything like that - I was using it normally, the way anybody would a mascara.

I live in New Zealand and I brought this from a drugstore, where it was about $40 (NZD). I was really excited to try it out, it sounded amazing, and for the price, I expected it to be. Bitter disappointment ensued. I have long, curved lashes, and it just left them a matted clumpy mess. I don't mind thick, and I don't mind mildly clumpy, but when a mascara ends up making you look like you only have 3 eyelashes on your face? That's outrageous. To use it, I'd have to wipe 90% of the product on the wand off and it was still terribly underwhelming, giving me no extra length, or thickness.

Then, after a week's use, it began drying up, and hardening. In another weeks time, the wand's brush was it's own matted clumpy hardened mess, and the product was totally unusable. I cannot believe I was charged $40 for something that a $2 product probably could have out-shone, and that only lasted me two weeks, if that long.

Horrible, horrible product. Without a doubt THE WORST product I have ever used in the last 10 years or so. Wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Tay8000

I love this mascara. I normally use it in combination with another mascara; loreal voluminous. It makes my eye lashes look thick and long. It's also good on its own if your wanting a more natural look. This is my go to mascara from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by wharley

Bought this mascara because I loved the L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black and was interested when I saw the collagen edition. Instantly my lashes look full and long! I love how big and doll-like my eyes look when Im finished applying, people have even asked me if Im wearing fake lashes! My lashes never clump, become brittle, or dry. I absolutely love this mascara! The only complaint I could think of would possibley be the brush size. Its slightly large, but nonetheless Im still able to get the job done. Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants those big blinkers!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by toxickitten94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite drugstore mascaras. If I curl my eyelashes and then use this mascara the curl will stay all day. It really makes my eyes pop and I never need more than two coats of it, usually only one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by nahlaelkadi

I HAVE NEVER EVER SEEN SUCH A MASCARA ! i have never loved any mascara in my life. all the mascaras that i use never gave me satisfying results. this mascara is probably my favorite !!! it gives volume like ur wearing fakes !!! seriously am not exaggerating, one of my friends thought i was wearing fake lashes when i wore this mascara .. i curled my lashes and then i applied two coats of the mascara and i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT ! u should definitely try this !!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

This is one of the mascaras that I keep in my rotation. I am a makeup junkie and I never stay with just one brand. I rotate my mascara based on what kind of look I want to achieve, mood, etc. This mascara is very dense and can be gloppy when you start a new tube of it. The brush is very fluffy so a lot of product is dispensed on the brush when you pull it out of the tube. In order to avoid too much product, scrape the side of the wand on the inside when you are pulling the wand out and it gives you a clean side of the brush to work with. Turn the brush to dispense a good amount of mascara onto your lashes, then turn it again to comb through and acheive a non-clumpy look. This mascara takes a practiced hand and isn't ideal for someone new to applying mascara. I use this when I want to create a lot of volume and thickness on my lashes. If you are trying to achieve a lighter look, this one is not the best. This mascara wears well, does not flake off and removes easily with cleanser and water, and a bit of eye makeup remover afterwards. I always keep a tube of this around.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by SonnyCat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

L'Oreal, what happened? Are you the same L'Oreal that makes my beloved Voluminous Million Lashes?

This was terrible mascara for me. I have longish, straight, sparse lashes. It gave me a tangled, looking lump of volume near the base of my lashes and no length whatsoever. It did not coat the entire length of my lashes. Even the brush was clumpy, tangled looking and hard to work with. So, initially, I thought, kinda bad, but I'll add a lengthening mascara over it. Ok, it was a pain in the neck, but looked tolerable when I left the house. BUT THEN, I started noticing the little black flakes falling down on my face, my cheeks, everywhere throughout the day. I should add that, for some reason, I don't normally have any issue with mascaras flaking.

I have had this for a little while and have tried it several times, thinking it will get better, but no. I got it for free, thank goodness, and will not purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by juliemoraless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's not the worst but not the best. It spreads nice, goes on nice, but does clump. Gives lashes a full look and volume. Very easy to take off. I liked it just not as much as I like other mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by coffeelover6494

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

clumps your eyelashes and doesn't last long before it starts to flake away!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by amoxirat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara would make your eyelashes look fake only if you buy ugly, clumpy-looking fake eyelashes. The clumps are not worth the volume you get, and this is not the product to buy if you want length.