November 26, 2014 | 1185 users online

Foundations - Meow Cosmetics - Purrrfect Puss Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Finally, I've found my foundation nirvana and I am one happy kitty! I've come close with other brands but Meow is the perfect color match and matte to boot. My skin is fair, cool and oily but I don't need tons of coverage, so the Purrr-fect Puss (light to medium coverage) really is perfect for me. Frisky (2-light) Himalayan is my color. I got several color samples from the Meow website and tested Frisky Himalayan (warm pink) and Frisky Chausie (cool pink, too gray on me) for several days, it didn't take long and I was sold on the Himalayan. The foundation jar is huge so it's really an incredible buy. I went back to the site today to purchase the matching concealer in the same shade (a very high coverage formula) for those occasional pesky red rosacea spots. The web site is very helpful with color descriptions, shades and three coverage levels in every shade. I'll be repurchasing this one for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by dahliakatz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just got started with my first batch of Meow Cosmetics purchases after ordering a few samples. Wore the foundation all day today (Frisky Chartreux) and was REALLY IMPRESSED. Really good coverage even though it was translucent. Brilliant oil absorption. I thought I was a BE fan but this holds much tighter and stays more matte, even through light sweating. My makeup has never looked better.

The packaging is good (I bought the munchkin, which should last me a good long time); it has a nice wide setting so you can not just fit your brush inside but you can move it around without spilling anything.

I also bought a blush in Delusions, which is ALSO REALLY IMPRESSIVE. Wore all day in a nice sheer matte finish, blended beautifully, and flattered my skin tone.

Hello Meow Cosmetics. I AM A FAN. Also, I should add that with every order they toss in a couple of free samples of eye shadow or blush... Isn't that nice of them?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by helyli

Overall, I like this foundation. It's great for everyday for light coverage that's not drying. And it helps my skin from looking shiny when I put on sunscreen. When I'm really lazy, this is my sunscreen. But I don't think the coverage is very buildable. I always get light coverage no matter how much I buff or how much I use (but there's no caking even when I use more). Also, I need to touch up a bit since it melts off my tzone a little. Bullets below for why it's great and why it's not.

This foundation is great because
- it's not drying
- it's natural looking
- there's lots of shades
- it's pretty inexpensive (the 3oz jar is probably a 5 year supply)
- it doesn't settle into lines like lots of other make up
- no caking
- no breakouts

This foundation is not so great because
- coverage is fairly minimal
- despite the lots of shades, I never found a match

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 5:44:00 AM More reviews by ameliemay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I ordered heaps of different samples in different colours in this particular formulation, based on the reviews on here, and found my exact match with Inquisitive Persian - the palest shade of peach they carry. I must be paler than I thought to be the lightest shade even in Meow, which is famous for the amount of shades they carry :]
Unfortunately, on its own the foundation isn't enough coverage for me, and it just doesn't stay on all day. It looks really really natural despite how mattifying it is. I just look matte but glowy - it's fantastic! Over a TM or light layer of foundation it's perfect. I had so much fun putting different shades of the foundations on to correct any colour problems I had with the foundation base - for instance, over my MAC's studio moisture tint in light (which is too yellow and slightly too dark) I'd put Inquisitive Himalayan (too pink and too pale) and voila, perfect match and perfect skin!
It works fantastic on oily skin, and glides right over dry patches, too, though I imagine it doesn't help moisturise them. Packaging took about 3 - 4 weeks from America to Australia.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by jenluvsmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I always stray from Meow's Puurfect Puss foundation, but I ALWAYS come back - the mineral makeup lover in me is always trying to find something better, but I just can't! This is really good stuff! My skin is getting more mature at 37 years old and I am finding the glowy and dewy finishes are doing nothing for me but emphasizing everything I want to hide, until Meow's Puurfect Puss, a mix of Frisky Manx and Frisky Abyssinian, which is a beautiful matte natural-looking finish, which covers my redness, evens me out, hides pores and fine lines, instead of emphasizing like all the other mineral makeups I have tried, and I have tried at least 15! I hope they never go out of business, because I intend on wearing their foundation until old age because it makes me look so much younger! I really love their blushes, too, the only mineral blushes that last all day on me, my favorite is Hissy Fit. Hands down this is the easiest mineral foundation to apply and you can't mess it up. I do have to wear a heavier moisturizer with this, though, since I seem to be on the drier side, I use the Cetaphil lotion in the green tube. If you are on the fence on this one, go for it, you'll be glad you did!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 2:50:00 AM More reviews by mstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Purrfect Puss is a fantastic foundation! There are so many things I love about it, but my main raves are: 1) the price, and 2) the color selection.

I'm a dark-skinned African-American (NW45), and I've only found two foundations IN MY ENTIRE LIFE that matched my skin...I have a hard-to-match undertone. Meow's Independent Persian-6 is the exact color of my skin, and it's very rare to find a company that offers a peach undertone for dark skin. So for that, I'm forever indebted to them.

I'm also very impressed with the value of this makeup. Other mineral companies charge 3-4 times the price, so I feel like Meow is an honest vendor presenting great products for a fair price. That alone makes me want to be loyal to them.

My only complaint with Perfect Puss is that the color is very flat on my skin...I feel that dark-toned foundations need a bit of radiance in order to look natural. So I mix my PP with a bit of Meow's Del Sol glow powder, or else I mix it with Gentle Amber foundation from Valana Minerals--either one will add a hint of shimmer for a healthy look.

I tried samples of all 3 foundation formulas, and Purrfect Puss was the only one that gave me a true color match. So if you're trying Meow for the first time, be sure to order all 3 formulas in each shade that you're considering, because they all give different color payoffs.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2009 4:53:00 AM More reviews by bluepineapple59

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful foundation. It is sheer and natural looking, but gives good coverage. In natural light, I don't look like I'm wearing any makeup, I just look like I've got great skin. In some lights you can see a faint shimmer, but it's never glittery. I also tried a sample of pampered puss, however I prefer this. The two are similar in coverage, though pampered puss is slightly heavier.

The colour chart might seem a little overwhelming at first, but this is the first foundation I've found that gives me a perfect match. I think that's part of why it looks so natural. I'm a Frisky Chausie (2- Light, cool pink) and I have a lot of blue and pink undertones, with the slightest ammount of yellow. I'm a prescriptives B/R and a shu uemura #584 in the fluid foundation, #364 in the powder. I have had lot of trouble finding foundations that match my undertone so Meow is fantastic for me. I also tried samples of Bengal, which is similar, but more beige. I've found the pictures and descriptions quite accurate, but like they say on the site, every monitor is different and if you're not sure you can just post on the forum.

However, while the undertone looks great the shade range could be better, even though there are a lot. The problem is they try to please everyone from albino white to those with dark african skin. The shade i ordered is too light come summer but the next one up looks like a bronzer on me. Due to the packaging, mixing is messy. I wish they offered a service where they mix it for you fro a few $$$ more. However, many are happy to put up with this because they have very sensitive or hard to match skin. As I already have a match from Shu, I use this only occasionally as for me it is not worth the hassle.

As for cost, the full size foundation is US$21.95 + US$15 postage. By Australian standards, that's not a bad price for a foundation. It also comes in a smaller size: munchkin ($12.95). (As of 27/9/09)

I purchased the munckin size, which is really quite large. The packaging is quite messy. They pack the product in so it spills easily. When they post it it is sealed and wont spill, but once you've opened it, forget about traveling with it cos it'll spill everywhere. I learned that the hard way.

Bottom line: good undertone match, OK shade match, nice texture, natural but buildable coverage, easy to apply and cheap but the packaging sucks.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I started using mineral foundation nearly two years ago. My oily, acne-prone skin has not looked this good since I was about 10. I've been using Everyday Minerals, which I love and is still reasonably priced, despite EDM's problems. HOWEVER. I just finished a sample of Meow Cosmetics Purrfect Puss ("PP") and I'm enthralled. As good as EDM is, it sits on top of my skin and gets a little flaky looking by day's end. PP looks, on application, like it's not covering anything, but in a few minutes it sinks in and looks gorgeous and natural while providing the coverage I want. It appears to be more finely milled than EDM. And while it took over a year to figure out my best color in EDM, the first PP sample I tried was perfect (with acknowledgement to EDM for helping me narrow tone my yellow/pink/beige skin tone). It's a little more expensive, but a little goes a long way and it's so worth it. Samples are $1 plus shipping, colors are easier to figure out, and I'm going to try some of Meow's other products as soon as I use down my EDM.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 9:15:00 PM More reviews by sll74

this makeup has truly turned my skin around. i was a long time mac girl and i still am for shadows and lipstick but their foundation broke me out badly. this line was recommended on another website i'm on. my only regret is that i wish i'd switched sooner, my skin sure would have been better off!!

i personally love the creative marketing. i had to sort of study the website but that didn't bother me. there were so many variations of shades. i feel like these ladies really know their stuff. after i felt a bit comfortable that i was in the range i picked several foundations, blushes and the oily skin primer. there were probably two shades that were close but one was pretty much perfect on me. i looked at it in different lights and so forth but i was happy with it. it's what i have on in my profile pic.

the customer services is great. the shipping is great. the product lasts and is priced well. there is no itching or any negative side effects. ironically i still wore a mac concealer to cover dark spots (it was non comedegenic) and the meow mineral makeup worked well with it, no complaints.

i don't see myself using anything else. it looks good in pics. my skin is doing 300% better. the color is a perfect match but if my skin changes or whatever there are tons more shades for me to try and even mix if i wanted to go there. i know this review is for the foundation but i should add that the blush is great also and for me since my skin was doing so bad i had to be careful about my blush choices too. i am pleased with their blush colors as well.

if you are having breakouts or skin issues i really encourage you to try meow. i even took before and after pics (which i will never show anyone) but my skin is so much better now and i didn't change a single other thing other than my foundation. the beauty of it is not that my skin is getting better i actually need less foundation. read on the site and give it a try.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

After trying & using several other well-known companies this is the foundation formula I've settled on and love.

It's so finely milled, I've never seen or felt anything like it. Astonishingly natural looking and very good at evening out my complexion -- I look like I just have great skin. It's never dry or powdery looking. The range of colors is huge, and I settled on one that makes my face match my neck without making *me* look like I'm wearing a mask, which is a first.

The jars aren't anything very special looking, but I really appreciate that instead of being chunky they're flat and wide, even the smaller size jar. It's nice not to have to tip my foundation out into a little dish every time I put it on.

I could really do without the cutesy, though. "Would you rather wear "medium brown" or "Naughty Siamese" foundation?" they ask. I say medium brown! Please! Because I am an adult! I soaked and peeled off the "Sleek Chausie" label from my foundation jar rather than look at it every day. Now, I'm the kind of person who gets irritated at having to order a "Biggie" rather than a large at Wendy's, so maybe not everyone will feel as strongly, but I am mortified to steer a friend to the website because it's just so goofy.

I'm not going to let goofy keep me away from such a good product, though, so credit where credit is due, this is great stuff. I really like the finishing powders, blush and glow powder too.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No