Meow Cosmetics Purrrfect Puss Mineral Foundation

4.3

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Absolutely flawless product:

Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin
Doesn't break me out (that's a first)
Few ingredients
Extremely natural looking
Buildable coverage
Matte and silky finish
Lots and lots of shades
Avaliable in two different sizes
Very affordable

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Edit: 12/6 -- I no longer use mineral-based products. As I've gotten older, I've noticed that this does nothing more than create dryness which in turns leads to clogging. It's a beautiful option for those with oilier skins but you really should watch for irritation/clogging.

Edit: I have to bump this up to HG status. Nope, it's not perfect but it's the best thing out there, IMHO, for acne-prone skin. I was also pleasantly surprised at how well this photographed. I wore this to my sister's wedding and it held up all day and looked great in pictures.

Attention all my fellow women of color! This is the foundation for you!

I have tried endless different brands in the hunt for a foundation that a) would match my odd DDD/slightly red/slightly yellow skin and b) didn't agrravate my extremely clog prone and sensitive skin. This is it!

If you can't find your perfect match in Meow, then just give up. I purchased Indepdent Sphynx and it is spot on. For reference, my closest match (though actually pretty off) was Iman's Stick Foundation in Earth 7 ... too drying. Acnegenic indredients and comes off on everything! MAC's NW50 and 55 both looked muddy on me and yes, broke me out. I tried Clinique, Sephora, Make Up For Ever, Colorstay, Mary Kay, Estee Lauder and NOTHING worked like this.

If you're having a good skin day, use just a bit. Need more coverage? Dust on a little more and no, you won't look cakey! Be sure that your skin is properly moisturized. If it's not, this will look ashy.

The pacakging is awesome and you get way more in a container than any of the other companies. I don't know when I'll finish my current supply and I've had it for several months.

I dust this on in the morning with a little of the Meow Silk Powder and I am set for the day! Plus, I can kiss my honey and not get makeup all over him. Bonus!

Give the blushes a try too ... They've got all kinds of really nice colors for our skin.

I've said good bye to all the other commercial products and hope this company keeps it going.

The only con is that the shipping can be a bit slow but it's worth the wait!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This has been my HG foundation for over 3 years. It's never given me a rash, it looks great, and it doubles as a concealer. I love that the shade is just a tad yellow (I got it in Frisky Angora)--it's very flattering. Nearly undetectable even in strong sunlight.

Bonus: because it's mostly titanium dioxide, it works well as a lightweight sunblock.

I've tried several other mineral makeup brands (including Bare Escentuals) and this one's by far the best. I hope they never change their formula!

I love this foundation so much! Since I started using mineral foundation, my skin has been much less broken-out and red (even though I used a blemish-healing foundation). This stuff is wonderful.

I tried all three formulas and I found this one to be the best for my skin. My face is healing from lots of adult acne, and I still have scars on my forehead from when I was a teenager (they're not discolored, but they are bumpy). Flawless Feline was too opaque for my skin, and Pampered Puss was good but gave me a little more coverage than I was looking for at first. Purrfect Puss gives me just enough coverage to even out my skintone and make me look less red and oily without making it look like I'm wearing lots of makeup. I've also found the coverage to be very buildable; I haven't had any problems with adding a bit of coverage where I need it (under my eyes and on my left cheek, for example). I always give the first application a few minutes to soak in before I decide whether or not I need more.

Oh, and the color selection! On the advice of Jen from the forum, I tried three different breeds (sphynx, siamese, and mau) in two different depths (sleek and frisky) and discovered that I'm a sleek sphynx. It seemed silly at first to be trying foundation from all of those little baggies, but it was worth it. 1/4 teaspoon of foundation actually goes a long way. I don't have to favor either my skin tone or my paleness. Gone are the days of looking too yellow or too pink because that was the only foundation that was pale enough for me without turning me into a ghost.

Overall, I'm super impressed. I've known of mineral foundation for a really long time but I was hesitant to try it because of my oily, acne-ridden skin. But this looks so much better than liquid foundation!

I have found my foundation! I am a little hard to match because I don't fall into the "normal" Cool/warm/neutral breakdown. If you're skin defies definition, Meow is the one for you! They have nearly a DOZEN color bases, and six or seven shades for each one. I am a "Frisky Chartreaux". The foundation has...four?...ingredients. Coverage is a bit sheer, but it builds nicely and blends well. The price is very reasonable (IMO) and you get quite a bit.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I've never found a foundation that matched me perfectly until I came across Meow Cosmetics! I'm african-american and the color selection is either or and never in between. lol I ordered samples as well and found he PURRfect match! I'm sold for life.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Finally, I've found my foundation nirvana and I am one happy kitty! I've come close with other brands but Meow is the perfect color match and matte to boot. My skin is fair, cool and oily but I don't need tons of coverage, so the Purrr-fect Puss (light to medium coverage) really is perfect for me. Frisky (2-light) Himalayan is my color. I got several color samples from the Meow website and tested Frisky Himalayan (warm pink) and Frisky Chausie (cool pink, too gray on me) for several days, it didn't take long and I was sold on the Himalayan. The foundation jar is huge so it's really an incredible buy. I went back to the site today to purchase the matching concealer in the same shade (a very high coverage formula) for those occasional pesky red rosacea spots. The web site is very helpful with color descriptions, shades and three coverage levels in every shade. I'll be repurchasing this one for sure!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just got started with my first batch of Meow Cosmetics purchases after ordering a few samples. Wore the foundation all day today (Frisky Chartreux) and was REALLY IMPRESSED. Really good coverage even though it was translucent. Brilliant oil absorption. I thought I was a BE fan but this holds much tighter and stays more matte, even through light sweating. My makeup has never looked better.

The packaging is good (I bought the munchkin, which should last me a good long time); it has a nice wide setting so you can not just fit your brush inside but you can move it around without spilling anything.

I also bought a blush in Delusions, which is ALSO REALLY IMPRESSIVE. Wore all day in a nice sheer matte finish, blended beautifully, and flattered my skin tone.

Hello Meow Cosmetics. I AM A FAN. Also, I should add that with every order they toss in a couple of free samples of eye shadow or blush... Isn't that nice of them?

Overall, I like this foundation. It's great for everyday for light coverage that's not drying. And it helps my skin from looking shiny when I put on sunscreen. When I'm really lazy, this is my sunscreen. But I don't think the coverage is very buildable. I always get light coverage no matter how much I buff or how much I use (but there's no caking even when I use more). Also, I need to touch up a bit since it melts off my tzone a little. Bullets below for why it's great and why it's not.

This foundation is great because
- it's not drying
- it's natural looking
- there's lots of shades
- it's pretty inexpensive (the 3oz jar is probably a 5 year supply)
- it doesn't settle into lines like lots of other make up
- no caking
- no breakouts

This foundation is not so great because
- coverage is fairly minimal
- despite the lots of shades, I never found a match

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I love this stuff! I ordered heaps of different samples in different colours in this particular formulation, based on the reviews on here, and found my exact match with Inquisitive Persian - the palest shade of peach they carry. I must be paler than I thought to be the lightest shade even in Meow, which is famous for the amount of shades they carry :]
Unfortunately, on its own the foundation isn't enough coverage for me, and it just doesn't stay on all day. It looks really really natural despite how mattifying it is. I just look matte but glowy - it's fantastic! Over a TM or light layer of foundation it's perfect. I had so much fun putting different shades of the foundations on to correct any colour problems I had with the foundation base - for instance, over my MAC's studio moisture tint in light (which is too yellow and slightly too dark) I'd put Inquisitive Himalayan (too pink and too pale) and voila, perfect match and perfect skin!
It works fantastic on oily skin, and glides right over dry patches, too, though I imagine it doesn't help moisturise them. Packaging took about 3 - 4 weeks from America to Australia.