Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 1/11/2015 4:06:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I was advised to buy Moroccanoil for my hair extensions- because they're real human hair but are no longer receiving any nutrients the hair can become really dry and tatty if you don't look after them, my technician swore by this stuff for keeping them conditioned.
She was right of course it is a massive help, since having them out I've continued to use it occasionally on my own hair- the best thing about this product is it smells fit, like seriously delicious smelling and you can use it on wet or dry hair so it's versatile.

It is very expensive, the cheapest I found it was £30 for 100ml on ebay, it has lasted ages tho, I'm about 3/4 through the bottle and I've had it maybe a year, you don't have to use a lot as it goes far.

*TIP wash your hair in the evening but instead of normal conditioner work a generous dollop of Moroccanoil through towel dried hair from roots to tips, pop on a shower cap and then a bonnet or a Velcro- wrap towel over the top to keep the heat from your head on the hair (this keeps the cuticles open so the oil can get into the hair shaft) leave it in overnight and rinse out the next morning for gorgeous soft hair- it might need a little shampoo if your hair is naturally greasy but the condition will still be improved
Xx

on 12/1/2014 8:13:00 AM

My hair is thick asian hair which I have chosen not to 'layer' or thin out (as want to grow out the layers), so after washing, it has the tendency to frizz out and I end up looking like a cocker spaniel! Also I blow dry my hair (don't like the feeling of it drying naturally) and straighten the ends to control my frizz. So I needed something desperately to help tame/calm my hair! Like many users, I bought this product after the many raves in the reviews here. I was definitely not disappointed!

I bought this from hair house warehouse (for those in Australia, I think they are also stocked at Price attack and most hairdressers) for $50. I took a lippie off due to the price, I wish it was a bit cheaper!

But for the price, I feel like the product definitely works. After washing my hair, I wait till my hair is almost dry, but still damp. At first I was a bit stingy with how much I used, but now my routine is 2 pumps to start with around my whole head, 1 pump on my left hand hair tips, and 1 pump on my right hand hair tips. Then, I start blowdrying, and the magic begins. My hair, whole blowdrying feels so SOFT and tangle free which never happens! Once dry, my hair is transformed! It is soft, not frizzy and in a weird way, sleek like those hair models on TV advertisements. It is bizarre that my hair can be like this! It could just be the amount of oil I am using, however I feel like the feeling carries onto the next day.

The smell is delicious by the way, my hair smells very salon-y (in a good way)!

Also, I've tried putting this on my dry hair and don't like it as much as putting it in damp hair, as I find you have to really work it in to get rid of that 'oil' feeling.

on 11/10/2014 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I honestly brought this purely for the hype. I'm not even sure what it actually did for my hair.
It smelt great, it didn't weigh my hair down but that is pretty much all I can say.
I didn't notice any improvements in my hair. I have finished my bottle of Moroccan Oil and I have since started using baby oil in my hair every morning and have been getting so many people asking me about my hair and getting so many flattering compliments.

on 11/5/2014 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good product if you're looking for something that will just make your hair smoother temporarily. It worked very well for me but there a couple of reasons why I would not repurchase. Firstly, I have noticed the two main ingredients in this product are Silicone oils, not actually Moroccan oil. While silicone is not necessarily bad for most people, my hair is dry and damaged and this ingredient is known to hinder the recovery of hair and not be very good for it in the long run. Secondly, I really wanted a more natural product that is going to increase the health of my hair, not jut coat it to give me that brief, quick fix. I actually found another product called 'Organic Moroccan Argan Oil' by 'Everescents' has the same effect for me anyway. Only with the added benefits of containing all quality, certified organic ingredients and no Silicones or artificial fragrances, colours or preservatives used in it's animal friendly products.
While Moroccan Oil a good product and works well when taming frizzies, if you are looking for something extra that will allow your hair to aquire a bit more health I would suggest looking into other products on the market first.

on 11/4/2014 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This product is meh. Nothing special. Overpriced and a bit hyped for what it is. First off, this isn't an "oil"....it's a serum. For those of you whith curly hair wisdom. You know you cannot slather silicones on curls....oil yes...silicones no no. Going along with the hype, even though I knew better. Alas! Yep....and like the silicone laden serum this is, it pulled out every single curl I had and left me with a soft, poofy, frizzy mass atop my head. KeyWord "soft"...I guess. Doesn't moisturize, doesn't even add that much shine? Smells rather nice though. On straightened hair it works as fine as any other serum. Nothing life changing. Ummm, I'm seriously curious to why this stuff is so popular when there are hella better legit "oils" on the market? Bamboozled lately?

on 10/31/2014 12:28:00 AM

I love this stuff! It makes my hair feel so soft and smooth and it smells amazing! A very tiny bit goes a long way for me so it lasts forever. I only use this on the ends of my hair and it cuts down my blow drying time. I have highlighted somewhat damaged ends and this product is a life saver! I would definitely repurchase again even though it is on the pricier side.

on 10/5/2014 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is definitely the gold standard of hair oils. I have tried a lot of similar products from high end to low, including Fekkai Glossing Crème, Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil, John Frieda Frizz Ease, and Proclaim Glossing Polish and nothing works like Moroccan Oil. I have shoulder length, thick, highlighted hair and about a dime-sized amount of Moroccan Oil leaves it incredibly soft and smooth. Other products I’ve tried have been ok, but they either don’t smooth enough or they leave my hair oily and greasy. Moroccan Oil is probably one of the priciest options, but it delivers real results, which I think makes it worth it. You can usually find small trial size bottles for a reasonable price, so it doesn’t cost much to try it and see if it works for you, I think you’ll be happy with the results.

So after using this for a long time, i've decided to write the review. I have very fine, soft, and straight hair. however, b/c it's really long, it does get tangled a bit after a shower and so sometimes can be hard to comb through. I've kept a small bottle of this in my toiletries bag when I travel (I travel a lot so i keep a travel toiletries bag in my carry-on bag at all times). I always find that whenever I use this, my hair always looks and performs great and is much easier to comb through when wet. Meanwhile at home, I use the loreal oleo serum (the one in the thick yellowish glass bottle) since it looks like it has the same basic silicone ingredients. after about using that for a bit over 6 months, i realized that it simply does not perform as well as whenever i use moroccanoil during travel. It never gave it extra slip so combing through my wet hair was difficult, and it never seem to leave my hair as smooth and sleek. I had stuck with it b/c i was intent on using it all up and b/c i didn't want to spend the money on a full sized bottle for home use. I finally bit the bullet 3 days ago and bought the full sized one and this entire week my hair has looked great. definitely recommend it. I just wish it wasn't so expensive and also that the pump worked better (the loreal pump is GREAT b/c you can control how much you pump out).

on 8/23/2014 1:11:00 PM

Great for my ombré bleached hair. My ends get very dry and tangly, and this oil takes care of that. It also smells incredible! A bit expensive though.

on 8/15/2014 10:58:00 AM

At first, I apologize for spelling mistakes, English is not my first language. But I'll try my best.

After 9 months use of Moroccan oil, I think that I can give you all my honest opinion.
On the website, I got a 50% discount on the products, so I chose the Moroccan oil.
After the regular price I previously would never have chosen the product. Now I think differently.

For 100 ml of Moroccan oil I paid € 20, which I think is an excellent investment. I think that I will have oil for at least 4 months before it completely consumed it. I have a long bob hairstyle for about 2 years.

Let me start with the smell-it is great. I can not describe the smell, but it's wonderful.
The texture of the oil is smooth, yellow, and not heavy. I only need 2 pumps.
It makes the hair shiny, fragrant and eliminates dryness of the tips soooooo god!!

It will not eliminate split ends. WILL NOT! I do not have split ends because I'm trying to take care of my hair better than I used to.
Apply the oil only to the tip of the hair, not the scalp. Otherwise the hair will be greasy and you will need to re-washed hair. After use my hair is shiny, hydrated, and I believe that truly helps to maintain healthy hair.

I suggest to all who have split ends:

* Trim destroyed hair ends (I think that there is no product that can magically repair split ends).

* Buy hair products with quality (appropriate shampoo, conditioner, hair oil, and appropriate hair brush). Products should be suitable for your hair type!!

* Reduce blow drying your hair.

* Take vitamins, especially biotin, yeast, and the B complex. All this helps your skin and nails too.

I hope that reading was not too difficult, once again I apologize for spelling mistakes. This product is definitely one of my top 2 products, so I advise you to try it at least at the hairdresser and then decide it for yourself.

God bless!