April 21, 2014 | 1484 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Emilyy777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this primer! I purchased it from Mecca Maxima and instantly became obsessed with it!
I have combination skin with oily T Zone and the occasional dry patches on my cheeks. My skin is also sensitive - I sometimes even have reactions to 'sensitive skin' products (yep, it sucks!).
Anyways, the Pros and Cons of this magical primer -

Pros:
- It feels like rubbing silk on your skin.
- It masks my pores.
- It is water resistant and ensures my makeup lasts all day.
- It controls the shine in my T Zone (and I have a horrendously oily T Zone)
- You only little a little bit when applying, so a bottle lasts a long time.
- Foundation applies silky smooth over the top.
- It's fragrance free - this is a big pro for me!

Cons:
- The price. That is literally the only con I can think of! A bottle of this in Australia will set you back $78.

After using it for a while I began to think that it didn't really make that much of a difference - until one day I forgot to use it under my foundation.
Big mistake! I went shiny, my makeup faded within hours and my pores were having a field day.
So this product is a must for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by ash_theoriginal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After months of trying various primers to just have them break me out, or my makeup disappearing half way through the day, I stumbled across Hourglass. The price really made me hesitate in buying this product, and I still can't get over how they can justify charging what they do for this product. I paid $21cdn for 0.33oz which is just crazy.

I had high hopes for this product, and it delivered beautifully. The texture is satiny smooth and application is super easy. Glides on the skin like silk and leaves a super matte finish. Foundation application was effortless and lasted all day. I have super oily skin, so I did have to blot once during the day, which is a miracle for me as I usually have to blot several times a day and use powder to stay matte looking. The big thing for me is that this primer hasn't caused a single breakout. All primers in the past have left me with a few zits which promptly ended my use of that product. I've been using Hourglass for 2 weeks now, not a single zit has appeared. Its great to find a product that is free of parabens, phthalate and synthetic fragrances that can usually cause a breakout or irritation. This is defiantly a HG product for me, and has peaked my interest in trying some of their other products.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by fabtwinsmom

I have normal and clear skin--drier in the winter and shinier around the T-zone in the summer but not majorly. I was going to Hawaii in mid-November and thought the primer would keep my make up fresh and matte. I’d tried Smashbox primer a couple of times before my trip but being that it was already cold here in Toronto, it didn’t make a difference in my make up (light sheen on the nose after a few hours). My steps are usually toner, serum, moisturizer, concealer and loose powder or powder foundation.

In Hawaii, the Smashbox didn’t help at all. My face was shiny all over from the heat and humidity. My make up pretty much melted within a couple of hours. I bought this primer with high hopes. I’d switched to Shiseido Pureness Mattifying Moisturizer at the start of the trip. I followed this by my usual sunscreen, primer and then Armani powder foundation. My face was definitely less shiny than when used Smashbox but the forehead still had slight sheen and so was my nose. I was only able to use it on my last 2 days.

When I got back last week the weather here has been around the freezing mark. My skin is now normal to dry. I switched back to my Cle de Peau moisturizer. I tried the primer under just loose powder, Armani powder foundation, Armani Luminous Silk Foundation and even Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation and I found that my nose was still getting shiny about 3 hours after application. When I applied liquid foundation, I'd powder after. I was hoping my make up would stay on fresh but it slid off and pooled on the sides of my nose when I combined the primer with the Hourglass foundation. So if it didn't work so well for my type of skin, I don’t know how it’d work for someone with oily skin. I also got a couple of pimples on my chin and light bumps on my forehead. Not impressed!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by darkmist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Surprisingly and sadly, this primer did nothing for me. I have combination skin with mild acne breakouts around my chin. Aside from any scabs/flakiness on or around any spots, my skin is smooth. When I used this primer, it did not mattify or smooth out the skin around my acne. I got oily and extremely shiny within 2-3 hours (don't live in hot or humid climate) and my makeup slid around and faded patchily - my foundation actually lasted better if I DIDN'T wear any primer at all! I thought that the primer would have also smoothed out the roughness from scabs and made foundation application a bit smoother but that didn't happen for me either.

I bought the mineral veil primer as part of the mini duo which includes the mineral veil and no.28 serum primers and I have to say I'm shocked at how little product there is! I don't if I got a dud product, reshelved returned product, or if there really is just that little product but I've used mine 5 times (each time only using 1 pump) and the bottle is half empty already! The pump doesn't dispense a lot of product at once either (my a full pump of my boscia eye cream dispenses at least double the amount). All in all, a sad dud for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by britt93sf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent primer. Did not cause acne, did not dry out my skin and has an amazing silky texture that is light and blends beautifully into the skin. Overall I like the product. It is a bit mattifying which can be a no for some annd the cost ia higher but the product lasts like 4-6 months! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by erikanicole76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is awesome! I love the fact that you can purchase the smaller less expensive bottle and it will last you a while. This primer beats out all primers! If you have oily skin like I do, this is the primer for you!

I apply this to a clean, toned and moisturized face.. I usually allow my moisturizer to seep into my skin/dry before applying primer... This glides on so smoothly and u don't need a lot of it at all. Just one pump will do. It actually made my pores shrink and kept oils under control! Love this stuff and will be purchasing more!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by redlipsthickhips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG status right here! I'm absolutely in love with this primer. The glass bottle is sleek and I really like the hygienic pump dispenser. The texture is light, extremely soft and when applied it feels like velvet. It dries quickly, it's not sticky and best of all it doesn't make me break out or irritate my sensitive skin. I would even go as far as to say that my skin looks and feels healthier since using this. I find the trick is to apply moisturizer and let it dry, apply this and let it dry, give it a few minutes for your skin to absorb every drop and then move onto your foundation routine. My makeup ends up looking professional and long lasting. It is on the expensive side but in my opinion totally worth every penny.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This primer is very matte to me, but if you have trouble with oil breaking through all day then you should go for the BECCA Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector. The Hourglass perfects my makeup for hours. It makes every foundation I own look lovely and fresh. I only use this on my t zone, so a little goes a long way. You can buy the little bottles for awhile, but eventually a big bottle saves money in the end.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by darklausal23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Works good on my oily skin, makes foundation go on smoothly and stays looking better for longer period of time, the days that I'm slightly dry-er I will apply moisturizer first, let my skin absorb it and then apply the mineral veil

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by reneeerose

This product is wonderful to use on the skin, for keeping my makeup on, i'm not too sure about it's longetivity but for the feeling it gives my skin after applying it - it mattifies, makes my skin feel soooooooo nice and soft and flawless. but for the price - it's very very expensive for what it does on my skin..