Josie Maran Cosmetics Bear Naked Wipes

3.8

Water/Eau (Aqua), Hexadecyl Isononanoate, Octadecyl Isononanoate, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Plant Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Sodium Chloride, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Oil

on 9/25/2011 9:34:00 PM

I love these! They were always sold out at Sephora, so I was thrilled to find the last pack there a few weeks ago. My job requires me to be at events until late at night - when I'm too lazy to wash my face. I keep these by my bed and they take off everything, smell good, and don't leave my skin dry. I've used other makeup removal wipes and they have always left my skin tight and parched, but not these.

I usually rub in a few drops of Sundari essential oil after, but even if I don't I wake up to smooth, bright skin. I should stockpile these!

on 8/12/2011 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love these wipes! They don't sting or irritate my skin like some other types that I have tried. I also like that they support a good cause. I will buy them again.

(I have combination skin - oily nose, dry cheeks/chin, no break-outs)

on 5/9/2011 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Just purchased this recently from Sephora, I generally use these when I'm too lazy or tired to wash my face. I have combination skin, but my t-zone gets a bit oily. After wiping my skin clean, I noticed that it still felt soft and moisturized without being oily 7 hours later. The scent is great, and it removed all my makeup (including mascara and eyeliner) without being too rough. The fact that its supporting a good cause is a plus!

on 3/4/2011 4:42:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really wanted to like this product. Such cute packaging and for a good cause. It smells like grapefruit, which I like. However the cloth is a little too thin. And I feel like it wasn't wet/strong enough to remove everything on my face. One was definitely not enough, and it doesn't help that it was pretty pricey. The biggest negative for these wipes is that when I wipe my eyes, there's a slight burning sensation. Terrible!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I won a sample of these in an on-line contest and really liked how they worked - they removed my make-up, and most importantly my mascara, but when I went to purchase them, the price!

They are double the price of the drugstore brand I normally buy, and QVC was going to charge $7.42 to ship them (doh! forgot about Sephora again). Are they worth triple the price of the name brand or quadruple the price of the drugstore brand? I DON'T THINK SO! For that price, I can just donate directly to the polar bears.

on 11/13/2010 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been using these wipes to clean my skin at night. I love the way it cleans my skin. It has a great citrus scent and feels soft on the skin. The wipes are a bit on the thin side, though, but it works out well for me because I don't wear a ton of makeup. On the plus side, they are very moist. I keep these wipes in a ziplock pouch to keep it from drying out.

on 11/10/2010 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really wanted to love these since a portion of the profit goes to help the polar bears but I don't love them. They are basic wipes in a basic wipe package. My wipes seemed a little dry when I first opened the package but they didn't dry out any more so maybe that is the way they are supposed to be. I think there are a lot better wipes on the market that cost a lot less money (Almay comes to mind). I think I will pass on these and just give money to a charity that helps polar bears and other animals in crisis. So far I am really disappointed in Josie Maran Cosmetics.

on 6/25/2010 9:26:00 PM

I am a big fan of facial wipes, relying on them for travel and quick makeup removal after a long day at work. I picked these up, looking for a cruelty free option - bonus that I love polar bears! They are pricey, but worked very well for me, as well or better than the box-store brands. I quite liked the scent, and they didn't leave my face feeling like I had to rinse with water. For the price, I would prefer the plastic closure packaging, like on the Boots products. If you don't use these several times a week, you really run the risk that they will dry out as you near the end of the package, even storing flap-side down.

on 4/8/2010 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I really enjoy using these wipes. They remove all traces of makeup yet are free from lots of chemicals. My face feels clean and refreshed after using them. I don't use them everyday due to the cost and the fact that my local Sephora doesn't carry the Josie Maran line so I have to order on-line.

on 3/31/2010 4:36:00 PM

I really like these. I use them mostly to clean up my mascara after application and to clean my face in the middle of the day if I want to apply something else. They're not oily, and they're "wetter"--as well as cheaper-- than the Shiseido wipes that I had been using before. My only worry is that the wipes will dry up faster than they would in a box type packaging. I'll update about whether this happens. (Regarding removing mascara from the lashes--like any oil free wipe these won't do that. I use a cleansing oil or an oily remover for that.)