October 22, 2014 | 1873 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer in 1 Green

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by JaMK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

..just an average primer..nothing special...good staying power though...didnt think it covered up redness

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by mikxoh

I invested in this because I wanted my foundation to last longer and cover up redness from my acne.

Yes, my foundation does last longer with this guy on, you only need a very small amount to cover your entire face so that's a plus,

BUT.

This didn't cover up the redness that I wanted. I think if you have minor redness around the nose and cheeks then this should do the job. Acne however is concentrated spots of redness all over in random spots. This primer is too thin to really be layered on top of acne to neutralize the color. For that I think you'd have to invest in a green CONCEALER (which I will be!)

This sinks into the skin quickly so you can follow up with your foundation routine easily.

I might repurchase this if I can get a 15%-20% off discount from sephora but probably not if I have to pay full price.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by dianakhuong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to say that I'm very disappointed with this product especially since I'm a fan of MUFE. I've been looking for a primer that would control my oily skin and reduce my redness around my face. Unfortunately this primer does not control my oily skin. It does reduce my redness but not by a whole lot. It states that it "enhances the skins texture," yeah, not true. I didn't find a difference at all. As for lasting power..? I would say my makeup lasted for a good 5 hours when using this primer. So overall, this product basically sucked for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by cinderelka90

I'm truly surprised at how low ratings this product got since I consider it a must have. I don't use this very often but when my skin is irritated or when I have clients with alot of redness this is a miracle worker. The texture is amazing (far better than the smashbox which feels greasy to me) sometimes I'll use a tiny amount alone even when I'm not going to wear makeup, just to soothe and balance out my skin. I really love this product, I have not found anything like it and therefore I will most likely have to repurchase even though its like cut off arm, exchange for primer (so expensive)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by evillittlekitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The good news is that this primer smells nice and fresh; comes in a hygienic and convenient pump bottle; is easy to spread (it feels like a lotion); and provides a smooth canvas for foundation. Bonus: it doesn't pill.

The bad new is that I bought this to combat surface redness, but the green, even in tiny amounts, makes my pale, pink-toned skin look jaundiced. I should also point out that this primer had no noticeable effect on the longevity of my make-up, in case that's a priority for you.

Bottom line: if you have yellow undertones and surface redness and are looking for something to give you smoother, more even-complexioned skin for your foundation, then I'd say this is a solid choice. But if you have pink undertones, you will probably look sallow and sickly in this primer.

A final note for fair-skinned people: if this doesn't work for you, try MUFE's #5 Blue primer -- I've been testing it out these past few weeks, and it does a wonderful job of knocking out the redness around my nose and cheeks.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2012 2:43:00 AM More reviews by hottosusan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product did not work for me as in it didn't "decrease" my redness dramatically. It was very faint to see a difference. In my opinion, I would just purchase the original (MUFE HD neutral (0) primer). Thankfully, I did not break out and make up stayed on tact.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by dreamingofyou213

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This primer is a great disappointment.
I thought it was able to reduce the redness due to acne scars, it does not.
But it makes my foundation last (a little bit) longer and my skin is not as oily as usual. And it's got a nice scent.
The pump gives you the right amount but this type of packaging doesn't allow you to finish all the product.
The price is actually not that bad since it's got a lot of product (€34,50 for 30ml at Sephora's).
However, I would not buy it again because there are probably better products on the market (that I'm dying to try out!).

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Biba71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Mediocre on many levels. I've used quite a few green-toned, redness-reducing products and this one didn't do well in that respect. This is probably due to the texture - very thin and runny as others have mentioned, and doesn't really seem to mesh with skin. Biggest problem was that it didn't do much for reducing my pores, and six hours into the day my face was an oil slick. Meh.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by DazzleGlam

Figured after talking to the associate at Sephora that this was the primer for me since I have red undertones (pink whatever).

This primer doesn't help the redness at all. I don't like how liquid like this particular primer is. If you're for a high end color correcting primer I would not go for this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was the first primer I ever tried. I like the Make Up Forever brand, so I decided to give their HD primers a try; another thing that appealed to me is that all their primers are oil-free. According the little "which primer is right for me?" wheel at my sephora store, the green shaded primer was best for me. I figured since I had redness from acne pimples and since my skin gets a reddish color when it's over-dried from my acne meds/creams, I'd go ahead and get the green. Word of advice: don't apply too much of this stuff if you have fair skin (especially around your eyebrows and upper lip area) because your face will turn a greenish hue! A little bit of this primer does a decent job of reducing the redness of my skin. It also goes on and blends very easily (provided you don't apply too much). The thing I didn't like about this primer is that is doesn't give my skin a flawless look after I apply make-up, and it doesn't help with keeping my make-up looking fresh. It is decent at keeping my skin just moisturized enough and didn't make my skin greasy (again, provided you don't use too much). Overall, it was an okay purchase for a first-time primer user, but I won't be purchasing this again because it's too expensive, and I've found better primers both at more and less expensive prices.