September 17, 2014 | 1723 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cremesheen - Brave Red

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 5:35:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this red. It's extremely wearable and I usually wear it in the day when I want to feel a bit more glamourous. It also has a subtle sheen to it which makes it softer. The formula is not drying at all, it's actually more emollient than some of my other cremesheens.

There are also very fine golden and pink shimmers in this. It adds more depth and wearability to this than Russian Red/Ruby Woo.

It does look good against my NC20-25 skin though.

When I first bought this, it bled like crazy without a lip liner. After 4 months, it dried out a little in the tube and doesn't bleed anymore. I've found that the best way to apply this is to dab on the lips from the bullet and not press it onto the lips. This way, the colour comes off more as a stain and doesn't bleed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very Glossy bright red. I sometimes apply dazzle glass in love alert and it is even more beautiful. I also line my lips with brick or currant, just depends on my mood.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by donella

Wow, this color is amazing on my NC20/25, N2/N3 skin. I'm not a big lipstick person and was looking for a red for my back to mac products. I reach for this color almost everyday now. Can wear it during the day and night. Goes well with the pink undertones in my skin. Next I will try Cockney which is the same with gold flecks.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2010 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beyond beautiful red. Finally a red lipstick that doesn't lean too far blue or yellow but just the right pigment to make it so wearable. Brightens the face, whitens teeth, lasts for hours, doesn't bleed, isn't drying and can look modern or retro. I've worn this in day time and had several comments from women asking what it is. Very highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Shimmering_pink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great red that isn't too bright or crazy. Goes on very smoothly, i like the creemsheen formula. I don't think I would wear this during the day though. I only wore this once after I bought it, I lost it the first night out I wore it, but i did like it. I will be purchasing a new one eventually because I want to work with it some more. I am still on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick though, I felt this one still wasn't the greatest with my skin tone for some reason.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by drdruggirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love a Mac lippie I truely do. As previously stated this is a great red day time lippie. It is MAC quality creemsheen and it a moisturizing lippie. It is not a bright look at me red like russian red. I found that this lippie last for about 2 hours w/o gloss or pencil. Not bad considering I eat off l/s. It has an orange undertone. I believe that the girls who can pull off a coral can pull this one off. It is a good try for someone who is looking for their first red l/s.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My new day time red! I just love MAC's Cremesheen line. The staying power is amazing. It ends up like a "natural" stain on my lips after a long day at work. :) It may look like a shockingly red colour from the tube but when you put it on, it is sheer and you can build up the colour intensity with more layers.

One downside is that it sometimes travels beyond my lips (then again, what lipgloss doesn't?)..

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by racheff21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is definitely one of my "go to" reds. It's not really a blue red, nor is it an orange red. I suppose it has some slight yellow undertones, but I think regardless, it would work well on most skin tones. And it's a Cremesheen formula, so it's not at all drying.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by mica8999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this lipstick after reading the good reviews off ebay. Got it cheap, and thank god for that! The color is not at all red orangey on me, it turned out red blue and make me look like I'm sick and anorexic. I don't do well at all with cool colours since I have light olive skin with yellow undertones. Well ladies, moral of the story is this: always TRY on the colours, what works for others might not work for you, no matter how good the reviews are. And if you can, try on the colour, wait till the end of the day so that you can view it in natural and different lightings, and to see if it is not drying or will bleed (in the case of lipstick), if the colour will stay (for gloss), if it will crease (shadows) etc. If the product passed the test, buy the next day. Or when you have time, doesn't have to be the next day, since if you are like 99% of the MUAs here, you most probably own like 10 (at the least) other lipsticks/eyeshadows/blush that you can use in the meantime. Thank god I got this cheap..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I'm not a Mad Men fan, but I love the look of the show: body hugging dresses, perfectly coifed tresses, and classic red puckers. I'm not one to wear red lipstick often anymore; gone are the days I kept MAC Dubonnet in my makeup bag for touch-ups on Wednesday afternoons. But I love the Cremesheen formula so much that I'm inclined to try every shade offered, and the Mad Men aesthetic tickles me so much that Brave Red roused my curiosity - how would I, Asian NC25 with deep brown/black hair - look with a poppy red lip color?

I must say I love how it brightens my face. It's office appropriate, doesn't bleed, and lasts and lasts against cups of coffee and oily lunches. I can't even say this stuff fades; it has to be rubbed off or licked off for the color to diminish. Otherwise, it's a true, classic red, all day long.