MAC Cremesheen - Brave Red

4.3

on 11/15/2012 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love this red lipstick!

pros:
-it is very wearable, even for the day.
-not too bright not too sheer
-not too blue not too brown
-smells yummy like all mac lippies
-feels nice on your lips, not too dry and not too creamy

cons:
-price but I guess you have to pay for quality sometimes and mac lippies are very good.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

This is a dark brownish/blueish "blood red" from MAC's Cremesheen line. I really like the color! For reference I am about NW25ish with medium brown hair and brownish-hazelish eyes. I love the Cremesheen formula even though I am not a big fan of most of MAC's line. Very smooth. I did wear this with Makeup Forever's clear lipliner, as reds have a tendency to bleed and feather (of course I suspect that is in part because red is a more obvious color when compared to skintone than anything). I would repurchase. Retail is around $14.50 so a fairly decent price. Typical MAC bullet packaging-doesn't wow me but works.

on 2/9/2012 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I was on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick and found it in Brave Red. I wear MAC NC-45 and Nars Syracuse and this red lipstick is perfect for my skin tone. I also paired it with the MAC lipliner in Brick.

on 11/14/2011 10:41:00 PM

This tends to go a little on the pink-red side on me, so I suppose I'm still on the search for that perfect Marilyn Monroe and Gwen Stefani red. But it works extremely well as a lipstick, which you softly layer on. It's pretty! But more of a pink, unfortunately.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this red. It's extremely wearable and I usually wear it in the day when I want to feel a bit more glamourous. It also has a subtle sheen to it which makes it softer. The formula is not drying at all, it's actually more emollient than some of my other cremesheens.

There are also very fine golden and pink shimmers in this. It adds more depth and wearability to this than Russian Red/Ruby Woo.

It does look good against my NC20-25 skin though.

When I first bought this, it bled like crazy without a lip liner. After 4 months, it dried out a little in the tube and doesn't bleed anymore. I've found that the best way to apply this is to dab on the lips from the bullet and not press it onto the lips. This way, the colour comes off more as a stain and doesn't bleed.

on 9/26/2011 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Very Glossy bright red. I sometimes apply dazzle glass in love alert and it is even more beautiful. I also line my lips with brick or currant, just depends on my mood.

on 8/26/2011 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow, this color is amazing on my NC20/25, N2/N3 skin. I'm not a big lipstick person and was looking for a red for my back to mac products. I reach for this color almost everyday now. Can wear it during the day and night. Goes well with the pink undertones in my skin. Next I will try Cockney which is the same with gold flecks.

on 12/25/2010 4:00:00 AM

Beyond beautiful red. Finally a red lipstick that doesn't lean too far blue or yellow but just the right pigment to make it so wearable. Brightens the face, whitens teeth, lasts for hours, doesn't bleed, isn't drying and can look modern or retro. I've worn this in day time and had several comments from women asking what it is. Very highly recommended.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a great red that isn't too bright or crazy. Goes on very smoothly, i like the creemsheen formula. I don't think I would wear this during the day though. I only wore this once after I bought it, I lost it the first night out I wore it, but i did like it. I will be purchasing a new one eventually because I want to work with it some more. I am still on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick though, I felt this one still wasn't the greatest with my skin tone for some reason.

on 3/30/2010 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love a Mac lippie I truely do. As previously stated this is a great red day time lippie. It is MAC quality creemsheen and it a moisturizing lippie. It is not a bright look at me red like russian red. I found that this lippie last for about 2 hours w/o gloss or pencil. Not bad considering I eat off l/s. It has an orange undertone. I believe that the girls who can pull off a coral can pull this one off. It is a good try for someone who is looking for their first red l/s.

Recommended for Medium Skin