MAC Cremesheen - Brave Red

4.3

on 2/9/2012 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I was on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick and found it in Brave Red. I wear MAC NC-45 and Nars Syracuse and this red lipstick is perfect for my skin tone. I also paired it with the MAC lipliner in Brick.

on 11/14/2011 10:41:00 PM

This tends to go a little on the pink-red side on me, so I suppose I'm still on the search for that perfect Marilyn Monroe and Gwen Stefani red. But it works extremely well as a lipstick, which you softly layer on. It's pretty! But more of a pink, unfortunately.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this red. It's extremely wearable and I usually wear it in the day when I want to feel a bit more glamourous. It also has a subtle sheen to it which makes it softer. The formula is not drying at all, it's actually more emollient than some of my other cremesheens.

There are also very fine golden and pink shimmers in this. It adds more depth and wearability to this than Russian Red/Ruby Woo.

It does look good against my NC20-25 skin though.

When I first bought this, it bled like crazy without a lip liner. After 4 months, it dried out a little in the tube and doesn't bleed anymore. I've found that the best way to apply this is to dab on the lips from the bullet and not press it onto the lips. This way, the colour comes off more as a stain and doesn't bleed.

on 9/26/2011 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Very Glossy bright red. I sometimes apply dazzle glass in love alert and it is even more beautiful. I also line my lips with brick or currant, just depends on my mood.

on 8/26/2011 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow, this color is amazing on my NC20/25, N2/N3 skin. I'm not a big lipstick person and was looking for a red for my back to mac products. I reach for this color almost everyday now. Can wear it during the day and night. Goes well with the pink undertones in my skin. Next I will try Cockney which is the same with gold flecks.

on 12/25/2010 4:00:00 AM

Beyond beautiful red. Finally a red lipstick that doesn't lean too far blue or yellow but just the right pigment to make it so wearable. Brightens the face, whitens teeth, lasts for hours, doesn't bleed, isn't drying and can look modern or retro. I've worn this in day time and had several comments from women asking what it is. Very highly recommended.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a great red that isn't too bright or crazy. Goes on very smoothly, i like the creemsheen formula. I don't think I would wear this during the day though. I only wore this once after I bought it, I lost it the first night out I wore it, but i did like it. I will be purchasing a new one eventually because I want to work with it some more. I am still on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick though, I felt this one still wasn't the greatest with my skin tone for some reason.

on 3/30/2010 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love a Mac lippie I truely do. As previously stated this is a great red day time lippie. It is MAC quality creemsheen and it a moisturizing lippie. It is not a bright look at me red like russian red. I found that this lippie last for about 2 hours w/o gloss or pencil. Not bad considering I eat off l/s. It has an orange undertone. I believe that the girls who can pull off a coral can pull this one off. It is a good try for someone who is looking for their first red l/s.

on 2/7/2010 6:18:00 PM

My new day time red! I just love MAC's Cremesheen line. The staying power is amazing. It ends up like a "natural" stain on my lips after a long day at work. :) It may look like a shockingly red colour from the tube but when you put it on, it is sheer and you can build up the colour intensity with more layers.

One downside is that it sometimes travels beyond my lips (then again, what lipgloss doesn't?)..

on 12/12/2009 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

This is definitely one of my "go to" reds. It's not really a blue red, nor is it an orange red. I suppose it has some slight yellow undertones, but I think regardless, it would work well on most skin tones. And it's a Cremesheen formula, so it's not at all drying.

Popular Lipsticks