BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 2/27/2015 2:38:00 PM

Love this bronzer. I'm really pale (Mac nw13) and I was scared of bronzers before I tried this but now I use it everyday. Doesn't go on really dark but can be built but to a dark tan brown if that's what you're looking for.

I'm very fair so its hard for me to find bronzers that aren't too dark. I really love the color pigment of Hoola and I use this product multiple times a week for almost a year and still havn't hit pan. The reason I took off a star is because if I wear it too many times in one week I start to breakout where I've put it, but that's only if I've worn it everyday in a row for days. I do recommend this for those with fair skin.

on 2/24/2015 3:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

love love LOVE this product!! I mostly use it as a contour on my PPP NW15 skin. I like how it is a mid-tone matte, as I'm not really a fan of shimmery bronzer or contour. I do feel like they could put a little more thought into the packaging, considering the price(but that's benefit for ya) Would definitely re-purchase if I lost it :)

on 2/24/2015 3:09:00 PM

I finally caved and got this and am glad to say for me it is definitely worth the reviews and 'hype'. I am NC20 and this is just about near-perfect for me. While I do maybe wish this was just the slightest hair/touch darker, it is still about near-perfect for me.

No shimmer, no orange-look, just a nice contour/bronzer.
Applies easily with pretty much any brush I use without getting 'too much' in one spot. I will say I do not care for the brush that comes with it, but that is just personal preference. Would be nice if they maybe sold the brush separately or did not include it at all and cut the price a little, but I digress. The brush to me has no bearing on the performance nor my rating...Just a side-note. ;)

Builds up/layers nicely, if needed/wanted. Stays true to color and does not irritate my skin, no scent that I can detect (and my nose is pretty sensitive) and it did not irritate my skin at all. As well for the price it should be all of those things, but often that is not always the case! But I was just pleasantly surprised that to me this is definitely worth the positive reviews. My only complaint is the packaging. I know some like the packaging, but I don't. Generally speaking I am not a fan of these 'boxed' blushes and bronzers though. But again, that does not factor into my rating or the performance of this product....Just a little side-note, again. ;)

I can see this lasting a long time. Have had it since this past summer and it still looks 'like new'....Would and will re-purchase...

on 2/24/2015 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My all time favourite bronzer. It's the perfect shade for every skin tone. I have mild hormonal acne around my cheeks and this product does not irritate that. It's extremely easy to apply. A drugstore dupe for this would be the NYC sunny bronzer although that's a bit more orange toned. The packaging is great except for the fact that the mirrior is so small.
I will repurchase this product when i run out.

on 2/18/2015 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this! Great matte colour for contouring, looks very natural and easy to apply. Does not irritate my skin

on 2/9/2015 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

beautiful olive bronze, velvety matte finish, suitable for light contouring, great packaging, gives natural looking tan, well worth the price tag!

on 2/8/2015 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This bronzer looked perfect, when I first chanced on it at a makeup counter. I thought the shade was perfect - neither too orange and too brown. And it is matte! This sold it for me, as I can't do with any shimmer (I have textured scars on my skin due to acne). I give it three lippies, for despite these pro's, I found it a bit difficult to apply. It is too pigmented for a bronzer. If you want a subtle look, you need to work with this product very carefully. I think in this sense, it is manageable. But then, there are bronzers out there which are easier to work with (I have darker shades of Chanel's Les Beige in mind).
The other minus for me is the packaging. Cardboard packaging is cute when new, but it becomes so unpresentable with use (scratches on the surface, and the ends start to bend). The mirror is also of low quality and gets dull pretty quickly.
I don't regret trying this, and it has been put to some use over the summer months, but I won't repurchase.

on 1/23/2015 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great bronzer. I alternate between this and NARS Laguna, depending on if I want a powder/matte bronzer (Hoola) or a more glowy bronzer (liquid Laguna).

I have a deluxe sample of this that I still am using a year later. I can imagine the full size lasting an eternity!

As usual Benefit sometimes uses super cute but odd packaging, such as this being in box. I know some of you more talented girls/boys could de-pot this into a better pan.

It's nice and matte, no glitter and no orange in it. You need very little and can build it up depending on your skin tone.

If applied correctly and slowly building up the color no one will know your wearing a bronzer. Which is awesome!

on 1/23/2015 7:15:00 PM

Such a good product. It doesn't look too obvious because it's matte which I think is so good. It gives such a nice finish and is the perfect colour for me (I am fair-medium skin toned) as its not too orange or too tanning and I definitely recommend :)

Popular Bronzers