Retin A

4.1

Retin A Cream Each g of cream contains: tretinoin 0.01%, 0.025%, 0.05% or 0.1% in a bland, hydrophilic base. Nonmedicinal ingredients: butylated hydroxytoluene, isopropyl myristate, polyoxyl (40) stearate, purified water, sorbic acid, stearic acid, stearyl alcohol and xanthan gum. Retin A Gel Each g of gel contains: tretinoin 0.01% or 0.025%. Nonmedicinal ingredients: butylated hydroxytoluene, ethanol undenatured and hydroxypropyl cellulose. Retin-A Liquid (0.05% Tretinoin w/w) polyethylene glycol 400, butylated hydroxytoluene and alcohol (denatured with tert-butyl alcohol and brucine sulfate) 55%

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

If you are over forty or close to this product when used properly can be a godsend. I have been using it approximately four years now and am still using it carefully. I do notice if I don't use it. The benefits are of course short term and must be kept up.

I am to the point where it is no longer irritating but still drying/dehydrating so I have a very specific way I use it. I view this as the breaking down process and therefore follow with a skin nourishing process---food for my fresher skin so to speak. The nourishment I give my skin after I use this is all natural and consists of my favorite oils in rotation. Doing it this way, I feel that my skin is not thinning out too much which was initially a worry of mine.

I am also careful to apply only in the areas needed as the years go on. There is such a thing as overdoing it in my opinion in regards to one's delicate face. I apply more liberally to neck and chest area.

If there were more natural products available that produce the same results I would try them but being this is the only synthetic product I use and that it works so well I stick to it. I do rotate with an AHA product about once a week in the winter and more frequently in the summer do to more frequent sun exposure.

on 3/31/2014 7:29:00 PM

Sorry, was meant to post where you can get it (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321367160553&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT)

Started using it on the advice of YouTube beauty queens Tootsie Time and ItsMyRayeRaye

After a month: acne - gone. Small wrinkles around my eyes - almost gone. I'm in love!!!!!!!

on 3/26/2014 10:54:00 AM

So I'm currently 24, I've been battling acne scne 17! Cyctic acne that is for sure hormonal a year ago it got to the point where I would wana cry when I look in the mirror because I would see a new cyct every day! Nightmare! So I used Retin A 0.025 at night and clindoxyl get in the am. My skin got worse in the begining, it was red, it was peeling, but than it got better after 3 months and after 6 I would say I was acne free! It was amazing, however than Retin A was out of stock for couple of months and I got my acne back! Now I bought it againg, but I have to start the whole prosses againg waiting for my skin to get better. At this point I'm willing to because Retin A is the only thing that helps me. I like thia product, you need to mistrise a lot and use lots of sunscreen and BE PATIENT because every skin problem takes awhile to be fixed so dont give up, dermatologist promis a flawless skin after 6 months of using it! Good luck!

on 3/24/2014 3:57:00 PM

This is a serious beauty product; there's a reason you need a prescription. If you use it inappropriately or without the proper combination of other skincare products, it will be terrible for your skin. However, with the right regimen it is a godsend. First of all, go very, very slowly when beginning to use it or your skin could have a bad reaction (irritation, peeling, severe dryness). Only use a tiny amount mixed with your moisturizer a couple times a week (at night). You can slowly up this amount as your skin gets used to it, but don't exceed once a night. I highly recommend not using any other medicated acne products while you're using this. Also, make sure you are using some serious moisturizer and maybe a serum. This stuff will clear up your skin and practically erase fine lines on your face. I would recommend using it from a fairly young age (20's) so that you're preventing wrinkles and acne scars. I plan to keep using this indefinitely.

on 3/3/2014 11:15:00 AM

No one with good or ok skin should buy this cream!
Unless ur skin is so bad that u have nothing to lose dont buy this, do not do chemical peels or laser either!
Dont fix something that is not broken.
This is chemical cream what unnaturally peel off your skin and force new skin to grow! This is insane if you think of it. u damage your skin and of course skin is forced to reproduce or renew.Also i made real long research and there is really no person who got rid of the wrinkles by using this cream!So if you using it as anti aging you are doing stupid mistake! If you look at real people's reviews and videos there is no result!
This could be helpful to people with bad acne that nothing else helped and they skin is so bad they have nothing to lose and side effects and damage they ll have from this is nothing to compare of what they dealing with anyway only in this case i would recommended it. Dont be stupid believe you ll look younger! To peel your skin off you can use apple cedar vinegar for every night for month and u ll have same effect but at least it is natural. ( do not go close to you eyes and mouth)
Stop using chemicals on ur skin! they was made for chronic acne and even this im not sure if is helpful with out taking oral medication. Do ur research how much damage this retinoids can do and if it is really worth it!

I buy my Retin-A (I rotate between 0.5% and 1.0%) from InHousePharmacy. My insurance doesn't cover Retin-A and it's an outrageous price at the pharmacy (several hundred dollars per bottle). I pay something like $35 from InHousePharmacy. Always been very happy ordering from them. My little tube of of Retin-A lasts me several months.

Anyways, Retin-A is no joke. It's potent. Please be knowledgeable and prepared before you begin using this product or you'll regret it. I used SkinCeuticals 0.5% (and then 1.0% Maximum Strength) for 2 years before moving into Retin-A. SkinCeuticals Retinol is like a less potent version of Retin A. Skinceuticals 1.0% is comparable 0.0.25% Retin-A. My skin is slightly sensitive BTW but can tolerate retinols.

If you're new to Retin-A, please use a low-strength retinol first for a few months to get your skin adjusted. I recommend Skinceuticals Retinol 0.5%. If your skin can handle it, start using the lowest strength Retin-A (I believe it's 0.025%) ONCE A WEEK (no more) and a PEA-SIZE amount on 100% dry skin at night. Don't use any other treatment (night cream, serums, etc) on your skin the night you use Retin-A (other ingredients might irritate you). Evenly apply it over your entire face. Again, no more than a pea-size or you'll regret it. If you have very sensitive skin, use a "buffer" before applying Retin-A (I recommend Cerave or another thick cream moisturizer with as a few ingredients as possible). Again - ONCE A WEEK. See if your skin can handle it. If a month has passed with minimal/no peeling or redness, bump up to twice a week. Some people can't use Retin-A more than once a week. Ever. That might be your limit. Some people can use Retin-A nightly after several months of adjustment. Some people can handle the 1.0% (I cannot). 0.5% is plenty strong for most people.

Peeling and redness is normal when adjusting to Retin-A. But, you need to scale down if this happens. If you peel keep products off your face. Use the gentlest cleanser you can find with the fewest ingredients. Keep your skin hydrated. Use a thick moisturizer (Cerave is good).

Retin-A isn't for everyone. But it's the gold standard in skincare for most. My mother is 50 and doesn't even have LINES on her face. She has been using retinol and Retin-A for 20 years.

on 1/25/2014 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this product for a while, and let me first say that it's really drying!!

My skin is oily, acne prone and brown.

Retin A has really helped reduce my hyper pigmentation marks caused by my acne scars.
I use a little on my marks (not my whole face) and it lightens it within 2-3 weeks.

However, it is really drying. I used it for 3 months every night, then I started using it every other night. Now I use it every three nights.

Depending on your skin type/ regime, you may need to skip days so it doesn't over dry.

I hope this review helps! It really did wonders for my skin.

on 1/23/2014 6:11:00 PM

My worst nightmare. I used it for 3 months 3 years ago and still my skin has not recovered. I look much older than my age. I used to look younger. My sister who is 10 years older has better skin than I do now.
Retin a (avicid) made my skin thin, saggy and top layer wrinkled. It has not recovered since. Nowdays I only use organic coconut oil on my face so it wont get even more irritated.

If someone knows how to a way to heal A-vitamin damage, please let me know. My face really has not recovered, even it has been over 3 years since I used this horrible cream.

Update: I do use other creams than just coconut oil. I have written reviewns of them.
I hope this review helps people to do the desicion, not to put tretinoin near their face. I had many oter problems when I used it. I did not realise those came from using tretinoin. But slowly they went away when I stopped using it. Forexample I had very bad vision when I used it, I tought I need glasses. 04/2014 I had my eyes checked in a medical check. I had perfect vision. I saw better than is needed for normal vision.
Tretinoin made me somehow stiff and my hair fall down. It is poisonous, please do your research before using it.

I wish the ones who do use it on regular bases would upload pictures here. So we others would see is their skin really as good as they say.

I'm in a stage that I am considering surgical repait to my face because of what tretinoin and dermarolling did to my face. If I do proceed that way, I'm going to maybe upload before and after pictures here, so you all can see the difference. This has been a 4 year nightmare for my face. I don't mind aging, but this has bee too much. No treatment should not ruin persons health or face or anything. They are supposed to be a cure for something. If they do harm they shold be banned.

on 1/22/2014 7:07:00 PM

I have used this cream about 2 to 3 months and it has ruined my skin. I suddenly got wrinkles around my mouth and on my forhead. My skin also became dry as a dessert. Now I am using all kind of moisturizers to get rid of the side effects caused by the retin a. I kept using it for almost 3 months because I read that you had to go through an ugly stage to get the good results. Well, I can only hope for recovery and I wish someone had warned me about this.
Stay away from Retin A when you have young & delicate skin. This cream could do more harm than good.
If someone knows how to get rid of the wrinkles caused by Retin A, please let me know.

on 1/19/2014 11:54:00 PM

There's nothing like Retin-a for clearing up acne, this stuff is a godsend. I've been using it since I was nineteen and was suffering from pizza face-level acne, this one product gave me smooth perfect skin in a matter of weeks. No blemishes, no post-acne marks.
I've kept a tube of it around ever since. It's the best spot-treatment in existence, and I also use it all over my face when my complexion starts to really act up (which it still does once in a while even though I'm in my thirties now.)
There really is no substitute. And on top of its acne-fighting powers this is an anti-aging product as well. I hate the fact that it's prescription-only but there are ways around that (thanks, Internet!) The only drawback to this product is the occasional peeling, which is always mild and temporary for me.
This is a staple and an HG. Will always repurchase :)

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice

Video Reviews & Tutorials

February Favorites : Acne Cure, Press on Nails, Makeup & More by ItsMyRayeRaye

Top Rated Treatments (Face)