July 25, 2014 | 1493 users online

Liquid - Kanebo - Sensai Fluid Finish foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Recussion

This foundation is the best I have ever tried. I have tried Chanel, Clinique, Estee Lauder, drugstore brands, Everyday Minerals and so on. I always end up buying this one from Kanebo. It has a medium coverage but looks extremely natural. I have freckles and this foundation does not make my face look unnatural or cakey (like many other foundations) at all. It evens your skin and gives you a nice healthy finish. The best thing about it is that it makes your skin look even, it covers the redness -especially my chin can be a bit red and irritated- and makes your pores appear smaller. It is also the best colour match I ever had in a foundation (I am soft beige). At first you think it's too light but when you blend it fits perfectly. Too bad it's a bit expensive, but it's worth it! You should definately try this if you have freckles like me and don't want them to disappear under a heavy layer of cake, but you want an healthy looking even skin!

Update: It does make you look VERY white on photographs. I would say this is the only downside, next to the price. However, if you apply powder on top, like Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre (which is amazing) my face doesn't turn white in pictures. Weird.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 3:26:00 AM More reviews by alle112

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation it makes the skin look sooo soft and "imperfections" just disappear.. However.. I have oily skin so I have to use alot of powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

Background: oily t-zone, slightly dry cheeks, especially after I get occasional breakouts, sensitive, acne prone but fairly clear skin, some pigmentation from old scars, small pores, visible about only on my nose, some redness around nose and chin.
When I bought this, the seller told me that this is better to use with some other products from the same range, and I think it may be so. Some moisturizers are good with it, while some make this cake, streak, ball up and never dry. It can work over bare skin for people that have normal skin. I really disliked this foundation before I found a cream that this actually can apply over without problems.
I like this because it looks natural, but there is one big con for me: I have reeeally smooth skin texture - almost invisible pores, very even - my problem is a little hyperpigmentationa and a little redness, and I'm not that happy about my skin tone. This foundation makes my skin look like it has MORE texture to it - it looks more gritty because of the powder partiles(basically the opposite of what a BB cream does). I use only ONE PUMP for my whole face - this tends to look really caky and uneven on me if I use more. By uneven I mean that it patches pretty bad (especially if I brush powder over it) and rolls up in tiny balls. The coverage you get out of one pump is light/medium. You could use a concealer if you need more coverage on certain areas. You should have this in mind: if you don't get the desired coverage out of approximately one pump, you probably should buy something else. I would recommend this for people with pretty good skin.
Without any cream under, it works very well if you have normal skin, but if your skin is dry, it may accentuate this. It will definitely accentuate flakiness - that's a con. It's supposed to be hydrating, but I wouldn't say it does that; at max, it doesn't dry your skin out further. This isn't a foundation for the people that have really oily skin either, unless you have found a primer that works well with it (maybe one from their range), but personally, I felt this has no oil control (despite being powdery). I usually don't like to use powders, but I need to when using this foundation, especially with my regular moisturizer.
The colour range of this foundation isn't great - in the winter I tend to be more yellow-toned, and the undertones of this are either too pink or orange, but fits me in the summer. When I'm approximately NC25 in MAC, I use this in FF203, which has a neutral undertone. Else, I just correct this foundation with Kett yellow colour corrector to get the colour right. Review here:
Still, I have given this a 4, because this lasts OK on me, but may rub off a bit and transfers a little. This didn't seem to clog my pores. This doesn't cover all of my redness, so if that's your problem, this may not be for you.
I may repurchase this foundation but I wouldn't say that it's the best foundation I've tried. I would still recommend you trying it out though. You may like it.
UPDATE: I rebought it. At first I really regret it, because I couldn't manage to make it look good. It has been a year since I finished my bottle. Then I went back to this post and used my own tips. And they worked XD

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by kelliea31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am surprised there has been such little hype around Kanebo products, as I find they are definately an underated brand. Although their products are on the pricey side, everything I've bought from them over the past 8 years has been outstanding quality.

This foundation is a very natural looking one, I would say light-medium coverage. If you have acne scarring, most likely you'd had to team this up with a concealer. But overall a great everyday foundation which gives a nice glow and almost looks like second skin. Love the formulation, so easy to blend however doesn't tend to last so well in hot weather unless you use a setting powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by princessmimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*aaaaah* angels singing! This is an amazing product. I've always been a very loyal follwer of estee lauder double wear, but this it is something else. I always struggle to find my shade in foundation and when I usually do the foundation will have a nasty tendency to break me out horribly!. I started using this about three months ago and I'm addicted I can't get enough of this foundation, one pump is more than enough to cover my whole face, it goes on sheer but can be built up to a full coverage. It comes with a pump so I'm all smiles. I use the shade amber beige 204.5 and it matches me perfectly, I don't even use powder anymore. Only con is it doesn't cover my dark circles well and I have to layer it but it still looks as though I have perfect skin. I don't feel it on my skin and I find that it masks my pores and lines, and doesn't settle into my under eye or laughter lines. I do find it transfers very quickly and lasts about 8-10 hours and then it starts to fade :(. I also found it works best without a primer and that patting it on with a brush gives a much more radiant finish. I will keep repurchasing this, it costs R440 here in south africa but it's well worth every penny. I wave farewell to my double wear. It hydrates my undereye area perfectly, I suggest everyone try this it truly is the best foundation I've ever come across and also it smells like silk. I rate it 5 out of 5 because its everything I've searched for and more. Now I don't get compliments on my make up but on my skin.

After using it repeatedly now, i've started to notice the coverage is becoming a tad bit to sheer for me, but i take a drop ofmy estee lauder double wear and mix it and i get a radiant finish...

So I'm updating my review this broke me out like crazy!!!! I checked the ingredients and there's mineral oil, it clogged my pores so badly.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Liekie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a pale and very dry skin, also my skin is aging (I am in my thirties now), what makes it difficult finding a good foundation.
This foundation was recommended to me by a professional make-up artist of a local make-up and styling studio in Berlin.

I am using this foundation with the color Soft Beige FF 202 for about 4 months now. It blends in perfectly and matches my skintone very well.
Before I apply the foundation I use a normal drugstore moisturizer and Mac Prep and Prime. When using a face primer it is easier to apply the foundation and you will need less.

The foundation is easy to apply with a beautyblender, as well as with my hands when I am in a hurry. I did not try it wih a foundation brush, since the beauty blender works perfectly for me.

I have some redness in my face and slightly under eye circles. But I find the coverage strong enough, I don't use any concealer.

Since my skin is aging and very dry, I don't set it with powder, in my case powder makes it look worse, no matter which foundation I use. But even without setting the foundation stays on all day.

Allthough the foundation is a bit expensive, (40,00 Euro's in Germany, but a Bobbi Brown foundatin also is like 35,00 Euro's), I will definately buy this foundation again! I absolutely recommend this product for a dry and aging skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by tjolahei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've got dry, sensitive, acne prone skin with some scarring and read areas.
Pros:
I usually gets dry spots around my nose, but this foundation feels like it gives moist.
It feels very natural to the skin, I've gotten a perfect match to my skin tone with FF103, warm beige.
It's easy to apply since it's so light and watery.
I've used it a lot for the last couple of months and I still haven't gotten any break-outs. I've even gotten complements on my skin - never happened before - ever!
Cons:
I tend to get very shiny on on my forehead after three or four hours. (I'm hoping that it will help with some primer and maybe some finishing powder.)
I would like it to cover a little better. It can be built up a little, but I'm still experimenting on it. If you have red areas and larger scarring I think it's necessary to use concealer.
For now this is the best foundation I've ever tried, but I hope that I some day can find one who's got only pros!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2010 5:28:00 AM More reviews by birgit290

It doesnt cover skin very well, but I like that it feel light and suits with my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Spookz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

best foundation EVER !! i love the dewy look it leaves behind. i actually mix it with the maXfactor liquid foundation because the colours are limited so i need to make it a little lighter. but i still love it i mix them together and that doesnt bother me, the results are amazing

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2010 5:29:00 PM More reviews by ugnyteaaa16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was the first time i have bought enything from Kanebo and I am very disappointed. This foundation has moderate coverage and he colour (FF 202 Soft Beige) suits me perfectly, but it looks very cakey and powdery on my skin and shows up all my pores. Besides, I have very oily skin and this foundation just slides off my face a couple of hours after application and makes me look just awful. So I don't like this foundation at all.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No