MAC Cremesheen - Fanfare

4.5

on 4/25/2013 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Fanfare is a gorgeous warm toned pink with the slightest hint of coral (which would only appear on fair/cool toned people). I love this lipstick since I've found a pink for me after so long. I have a pigmented upper lip which pulls a little brownish mauve. This covers it pretty well and gives me the warm natural pink I've always wanted. I would definitely buy this lipstick its HG status for me. I just wish it was an amplified formula instead of creme sheen since amplifieds are more opaque. I can't apply it by gliding it across my lip because it becomes streaky and hoppy and messy. Instead I just glide lightly and dab. It's definitely long wearing though. I recommend this all women looking for a light summery girly pink. This is the pink for WOC!

on 3/28/2013 2:54:00 PM

This was my first mac lipstick (Now I have 30+). Back when I bought it, it was a "bold" lipstick for me, it's not anymore ofcourse, I was a rookie. This is a neutral, beautiful peachy pink, more peachy on my pigmented lips. It is a cremesheen, so it moisturizes my lips really well but it's one of my least favorite finishes mac does (I prefer Matte and Frost). My lipstick melted in my purse but I still use it. It's easy to wear, when I don't want a difficult look, just a nice neutral everyday lipstick. Very flattering.

on 3/15/2013 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is too light for me on it's own, (I'm just a little bit deeper skin toned than Rihanna) but when I layer my lips with Rimmel's Coffee Bean lipliner it is perfection. It's the perfect pop of pink. It goes with my skin tone but it's definitely not a typical nude pink. To give more of an indication, I like to substitute this pink for the red I wear with my cat eye sunglasses. When I step out with that combo, haters can't tell me nothing.

on 2/15/2013 4:28:00 PM

SA talked me into buying this against my better judgement. On my NW30 skin it looks absolutely horrid. Looks cakey and almost mat on. Lipstick should look good when applied- if I have to "work" to make a l/s look right it's not worth it.

on 1/30/2013 12:04:00 PM

I love this! This (and Crosswires) is now my everyday lipstick. I was looking for a lipstick that is nice but not too bright, nor nude. I tried loads at the Mac counter on my actual lips rather than wrist cause cremesheen lipsticks are quite sheer and looks different on your lips. Tried Creme Cup, Modesty, See Sheer etc but they were not suitable for my skin. I am Chinese from SEA and it is difficult to find a lipstick shade that doesn't wash out my skin and make it look grey during that weird skin colour period I have when my tan is fading. Fan Fare is perfect! It is a warm pink colour that is closer to pink than coral. Love it and it is one of my HG!

on 1/14/2013 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this lipstick. Absolutely freaking love it.

MAC describes it as a "mid-toned yellow pink"

And that is pretty much what it is xD but maybe with a teeny bit of a coral kick to it
This is my perfect MLBB ("my lips but better") shade that is very Audrey Hepburn circa Breakfast at Tiffany's.

It is a MAC lipstick so it is on the pricier side at $15 a tube but that isn't bad since one tube will last me probably one to two years since I don't wear the same lipstick EVERY single day.

BUT if you really need a drugstore alternative Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in "Pink in the Afternoon" is very simialer as well as NYX's "Tea Rose"

on 1/10/2013 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this colour. It's a pinky coral, an awesome everyday shade for spring/summer. Although, I would wear it any time of year... The cremesheen formulas from Mac are fabulous so all in all, this is a lovely lipstick.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A gorgeous coral pink. Slight gold shimmer and extremely creamy (considering it is part of the cremesheen line!) It does not feel cakey on your lips and it looks lovely on many skintones. Definite favorite!

on 12/14/2012 3:40:00 AM

Another gorgeous shade by MAC, and i repeat that this l/s deserves an HG status but i wonder its quite underrated compared to its other cremesheen sisters(creme cup, shy girl etc.)This l/s deserves much fanfare for the colour is unique as it is beautiful warm rose pink (petal pink) with a touch of coral, or warm pinky-coral with no shimmer.I too went through so many pinks before buying this, but am glad i did.This is going to be my favourite alongwith cosmo, modesty and faux.I would definitely repurchase.

on 12/12/2012 3:16:00 PM

Thank you MUA reviewers , without you I would never have even given this a second look, on my very warm skin, NC25 , pink always looks atrocious either blue or purple and washes me out, but I really wanted a nice, pretty pink for Christmas parties, getting too old to wear bright or very dark colours in the winter, so I tried this and it is glorious on me, lights up my whole face. It does for me in the winter exactly what Vegas Volt does for me when I am tanned.If you think you can't wear pink but corals, peaches, warm nudes and tomato reds look good on you, then try this it is really a lovely subtle colour but very, very flattering. I have golden-green eyes, dark warm-blonde hair and fairly pigmented lips,for reference. Update. In daylight this turns ever so slightly blue on me, not its fault, but I have stopped wearing it by day.

Popular Lipsticks