Maybelline Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black

2.3

on 2/1/2013 1:12:00 PM

I've used many eyeliners, but this one so far is my favorite. I use it every day and it looks good no matter how I use it - thin line, thick, winged etc... and it's easy to use, unlike liquid or creme eyeliner. It's also nice that it hasn't smudged, even when I cry or work out! I even used this at my wedding when I cried like a baby because I was so confident in it...and sure enough, no smudges!! Great eyeliner!

on 1/28/2013 9:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

When I first bought this I loved it because it is EXTREMELY BLACK. However when I got home from school and looked at myself I looked like a raccoon. This eyeliner smudges LIKE CRAZY!!!!! It comes with a smudges on the end but there's no need for that, it does a fine job on its own.

on 1/9/2013 7:27:00 PM

When I first got this product, I absolutely hated it for the exact reasons that everyone else on here did: it smudged so easily within minutes of wear. However it goes on so smoothly and it is extremely pigmented and I found a way to use it and now i absolutely LOVE it. Because it is so easy to blend out, I first apply it and blend out the line with the smudge brush and it gives me such a smokey look and look amazing! It wears all day on me after I smudge it out. But if you aren't planning on wearing eyeliner like this, I wouldn't recommend this product at all.

on 12/30/2012 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I actually really liked this eyeliner. The product would glide on so smoothly. It was great, so was the consistency. But the eyeliner had no staying power! I would have to put eyeshadow over it for it to stay. And after an hour, it would be gone!

on 11/28/2012 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i absolutely hated this liner. no staying power at all! it isnt smooth at all and tugged on my eyelid. it would be gone like after 2 hours and would smudge all over my eyelid. i put a little on my hand and literally when i rubbed it, it dissapeared! i still have so much of this stuff, i dont even know what to do with it cuz i hate it so much.

on 10/9/2012 3:44:00 PM

This eyeliner has awesome pigmentation and it glides on smoothly. However when I went to school, went in to the bathroom after 1st period and it had completely smudged under my eyes. It is a bad eyeliner with no staying power

on 8/18/2012 9:49:00 PM

I really, really wanted to LOVE this eyeliner. My best friend had it first and it always came out beautiful and smooth for her. I went and purchased it for about 9 bucks thinking it would be worth it.

YEAH RIGHT!
The only good thing about this is that it goes on soo smooth and creamy, but it's a blessing and curse because within an hour this eyeliner smudges all over my lids and lower lash line looking like a complete MESS.
Would never buy again.

on 8/16/2012 12:15:00 AM

at first i really liked this eyeliner, how it came out all nice smooth and black but then i came back from school and noticed how much the eyeliner smudged all over leaving me with raccoon like eyes.

on 8/4/2012 3:02:00 AM

I like that it is a retractable eyeliner but it is such terrible quality. It smudges like no tomorrow! It does apply on nicely, very creamy. However, it broke off many times on me and I did not apply any pressure to it. I tried so hard to like it because it glides on so nicely on my lids but the smudging was a big no-no for me.

on 7/23/2012 10:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

HORRIBLE! It didn't even stay put for 5 minutes! Worst eyeliner I've ever tried. Don't waste your money on this piece of crap when you can spend it on something a whole lot better.