Maybelline Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black

2.3

on 1/28/2013 9:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

When I first bought this I loved it because it is EXTREMELY BLACK. However when I got home from school and looked at myself I looked like a raccoon. This eyeliner smudges LIKE CRAZY!!!!! It comes with a smudges on the end but there's no need for that, it does a fine job on its own.

on 1/9/2013 7:27:00 PM

When I first got this product, I absolutely hated it for the exact reasons that everyone else on here did: it smudged so easily within minutes of wear. However it goes on so smoothly and it is extremely pigmented and I found a way to use it and now i absolutely LOVE it. Because it is so easy to blend out, I first apply it and blend out the line with the smudge brush and it gives me such a smokey look and look amazing! It wears all day on me after I smudge it out. But if you aren't planning on wearing eyeliner like this, I wouldn't recommend this product at all.

on 12/30/2012 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I actually really liked this eyeliner. The product would glide on so smoothly. It was great, so was the consistency. But the eyeliner had no staying power! I would have to put eyeshadow over it for it to stay. And after an hour, it would be gone!

on 11/28/2012 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i absolutely hated this liner. no staying power at all! it isnt smooth at all and tugged on my eyelid. it would be gone like after 2 hours and would smudge all over my eyelid. i put a little on my hand and literally when i rubbed it, it dissapeared! i still have so much of this stuff, i dont even know what to do with it cuz i hate it so much.

on 10/9/2012 3:44:00 PM

This eyeliner has awesome pigmentation and it glides on smoothly. However when I went to school, went in to the bathroom after 1st period and it had completely smudged under my eyes. It is a bad eyeliner with no staying power

on 8/18/2012 9:49:00 PM

I really, really wanted to LOVE this eyeliner. My best friend had it first and it always came out beautiful and smooth for her. I went and purchased it for about 9 bucks thinking it would be worth it.

YEAH RIGHT!
The only good thing about this is that it goes on soo smooth and creamy, but it's a blessing and curse because within an hour this eyeliner smudges all over my lids and lower lash line looking like a complete MESS.
Would never buy again.

on 8/16/2012 12:15:00 AM

at first i really liked this eyeliner, how it came out all nice smooth and black but then i came back from school and noticed how much the eyeliner smudged all over leaving me with raccoon like eyes.

on 8/4/2012 3:02:00 AM

I like that it is a retractable eyeliner but it is such terrible quality. It smudges like no tomorrow! It does apply on nicely, very creamy. However, it broke off many times on me and I did not apply any pressure to it. I tried so hard to like it because it glides on so nicely on my lids but the smudging was a big no-no for me.

on 7/23/2012 10:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

HORRIBLE! It didn't even stay put for 5 minutes! Worst eyeliner I've ever tried. Don't waste your money on this piece of crap when you can spend it on something a whole lot better.

I picked this up from CVS for $5 and i was super excited. I first tried it on my waterline and was extremely surprised how black it was! Yeah, that only lasted for about 5 minutes. This has the WORST staying power in any eyeliner i have ever tried. Even worse than wet n wild or nyc.
I do not recommend this product to anyone! Any other eyeliner is better out there. Even if you blend/smudge it onto your lash line and set it with black eyeshadow it will not last. It is almost as pigmented as Milani Liquif eye, but unlike milani products this was the worst. I was really disappointed because i love all other maybelline products.