Olay Regenerist Detoxifying Pore Scrub

3.4

WATER, SODIUM LAUROAMPHOACETATE, SODIUM MYRISTOYL SARCOSINATE, SODIUM TRIDECETH SULFATE, SORBITOL, SALICYLIC ACID, GLYCERIN, OXIDIZED POLYETHYLENE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PEG-120 METHYL GLUCOSE TRIOLEATE, FRAGRANCE, PEG-100, CITRIC ACID, DISODIUM EDTA, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, BHT, CARNOSINE, PANTHENOL, SALVIA OFFICINALIS (SAGE) LEAF EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, ASCORBIC ACID, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, IRON OXIDES [Feb 08, 2010]

I'm not sure I would classify this as a scrub, I would call it more of an exfoliating wash. I expect a scrub to be thick and have more exfoliating beads. But that's just my expectation.

Overall, though, I like this. Scent is very subjective; I like the way it smells. To me, it's not as strongly scented as some Olay products, and I find it to be a pleasant scent.

It seems to clean well, and does not leave my face feeling tight. My face feels nice and smooth after using it. I think it would be a little drying for me to use daily in the winter. I am using it about 3 times a week, but may use it more in the summer.

As far as the lathering of this product, I think it's the same deal as with all lathering products, including shampoos and body washes; I think it varies based on your water. I have hard water and this lathered a bit, but not that much. I am wondering if those who say it lathers too much may have very soft water.

All in all, a good product, and priced very reasonably for the amount of product you get.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

You get a lot of scrub for the money. So it IS a good value. However, if you have sensitive skin (like me) that is particularly sensitive to products with Citrus aspects to them . . stay away. I didn't read the label on the back closely enough and it contains Citric Acid.

When I used it my skin tingled . . and not in a pleasant way. But that is a sign for me to STOP. Luckily I my skin didn't get red like it does usually - but it was very overly sensitive for about 3 days after. I only used this once.

I am sure it works for some - but not for this gal. Scent didn't bother me as it seems to have bothered others. Texture of the scrub was nice and creamy with the granules. I had every reason during initial use to expect to like it. Oops.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm very surprised at the number of negative reviews of this product. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this scrub! Obviously everyone's skin is different and all products don't work the same for everyone, but I definitely recommend everyone at least try this. This scrub is gentle enough to use everyday and I've noticed a huge difference since I started using it about a week ago; I honestly saw results overnight! My skin is quite oily and I have some breakouts here and there, after using it just once, my skin was sooo much smoother and what breakouts I had had almost disappeared. I keep seeing improvements everyday since I've started using it: acne quickly healing, my skin doesn't get oily as quickly and my skin is smoother and appears less dull. My skin tends to get dry with certain products, especially scrubs, but this one hasn't dried out my skin at all. I also really like the smell of it, I don't think it smells like cheap men's shampoo at all like someone else stated, nor does it foam up a ridiculous amount (very confused about that one). I'm very particular about what face products I use and I'm very glad that I tried this one, and plan on trying other Olay Regenerist products soon. Very Happy!! :) :)

Don't Olay know ,us women do NOT want our face products to smell like cheap men's shampoo ?! That is the problem with this product - it smells cheap and it smells like a generic male shampoo body cleanser .
As the previous reviewer stated- remarkably unremarkable and frankly a waste of money. Not worth it- I am actually annoyed with this product.
If Olay can make a bar soap smell fabulous ie. Olay Vanilla Indulgence - why can't they make a face scrub more palatable ? In summary ,the product does nothing a sugar scrub would not do better and it smells terrible.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This was a remarkably unremarkable product. Although it's supposed to help with pore minimizing and skin smoothing, it didn't do a thing for me. I found the exfoliation beads were too few to be effective. You do get quite a bit for the price and you could just use it every day as a cleanser, but since I can't use it to take my eye makeup off while washing because of the exfoliant, I had to toss this out.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've been using this for a few months now and I use this every morning. I love it. it does not foam up like crazy like most of the people had stated here. I love how it feels after you clean your face because it's kind of a cleanser / scrub, so it makes my skin feel sooo soft and smooth after I use it. now, I don't know about the part where it says it will reduce the appearance of the pores because I do not see any difference honestly. but I do love this product and how it feels . would def. repurchase.

As some other reviewers have stated, this product foams up like crazy. I bought it to get rid of the flakiness I've been encountering. Did nothing for it. This does not have an overall scrubbiness to it. There are sprinkles of granules, but too few to give an overall consistent scrub. You feel as if there are 3 granules floating around on your face, but how can they do the job?? Did not like.

I like this gentle scrub with nice foamy and it leaves my skin feeling clean and really smooths when it's dried then apply the cream. It seems work well for minimized pores as I can tell the difference a bit. The scent is really light, clean fragrance, not too heavy.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

It's an okay cleanser but I didn't feel like it was worth the money at all. It did not diminish the appearance of pores and my skin didn't look any better after using it for a month. Once I'm done with it I will not be repurchasing.

i use this in the mornings and really like it. some people are disliking the consistency, but i believe this is because it is primarily a cleanser with gentle scrubbing beads, not a hard-core scrub, and as such it is foamy and the scrubbing action is gentle. it leaves my skin feeling very clean and smooth. the salicylic acid is not an acitve ingredient so i dont find it to be overly drying or aggravating. however, as i only use it in the mornings, i can imagine how it would be slightly more stripping if used twice a day. a good, basic cleanser for clog-prone skin, although im keeping my eyes open for one that also has some moisturizing capabilities.