April 20, 2014 | 968 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Mally Beauty - Perfect Prep Poreless Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 8:44:00 PM More reviews by rockodog

A great primer - fills in my large pores and makes my liquid or powder foundation glide on and last and last. A little goes a long way. Don't bother putting on foundation without it. An amazing product. Thanks Mally.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by laurelsage

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best primers I have tried. This primer is silky soft and creamy, my foundation glides on and seems to last longer. I use BE foundation and Dior liquid depending on my mood and this primer works great with both. The packaging is inconvenient, instead of the jar how about a squeeze tube???? I will buy this primer again and again, whether or not they change the packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Holly40

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using Laura Geller's Spackle, but decided to try Mally's Primer. I have huge pores and this covers them up. I have a matte finish and it lasts all day. If I use a cheap or expensive foundation this makes it last all day. It's light and airy like a mousse, but not greasy at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by deig123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love Mally Poreless Primer. I bought it after watching The product on QVC. It so smooth, & light. It feels like silk going on your face, & makes your face so smooth. It helps your foundation to stay put, & lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I purchased this at Henri Bendel's for $35. The MA who did my makeup used this on me, followed by the Mally powder foundation and the concealer kit. This resulted in perfect, flawless skin. However, at home, I've been experimenting with different foundations, and have found that it doesn't work with everything. For example, it does not work well with any liquid that has silicones (which I guess makes sense, since this primer is already chock full of them). It works ok with the new Bobbi Brown liquid foundation. But, it seems to work best with a powder foundation or a pressed powder. Yesterday, I tried it with the YSL Matt pressed powder (the one with the heart imprint), and it worked exceedingly well. I looked poreless without being overdone or too matte. I didn't get oily until the afternoon.

I do like this primer, but don't love it. It doesn't work with everything I already have in my foundation wardrobe, it doesn't control the oilies as well as I'd like, and the jar is somewhat appalling. (I use a q-tip to scoop out the amount I'm going to use.) No breakouts yet, and the fluffy texture is nice.

I will update if anything changes. continued >>

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by rory13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this primer! I have gone on and off with Philosophy and Smashbox over the years, but they never really met all my needs. This stuff does everything. It's silky but not too wet (like Smashbox tends to be), it hides the pores around my nose, and it performs beautifully under my mineral makeup.

The jar doesn't bother me at all. I always wash my hands before applying makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by PinkLily

I clicked "yes" for if I would buy this product again, but I am on the fence about that. I didn't click "no" because I do like this product but I just don't love it.

The consistency is gorgeous. It's spongey, creamy, soft, and feels like *silk* on your skin. It does mask small pores (but who needs those masked, anyway, since they're so small?!) but doesn't mask large pores. (I am on a quest to find a primer that really does mask large pores - and have not yet found one that does this.)

I'm not happy with the jar packaging. I feel it would be better in a squeeze tube. Perhaps Mally put it in a jar so that her consumers can use up every last drop of it??? I don't know. I use a spatula (from a different product) to scoop it out of the jar, so fewer germs contaminate it.

What I *do* love about this is that it does give my skin a nice "glow." And the glow is not from any type of glitter/sparkle. It's just a soft-diffused glow. If you do have small pores, this would be perfect. Unfortunately, my pores are like mini-craters on my face, so it's not perfect for me. However, this primer is no worse than any other primer I've used in the masking-pores department.

I have oily, acne-prone skin, and this hasn't irritated/encouraged any acne. And, despite the fact that it doesn't feel matte on the skin, it hasn't encouraged any oiliness, either. But I don't know how much it has *discouraged* any oiliness...

EDIT: I am liking this more and more. I wasn't using *enough* to mask my larger pores. Although it doesn't cover them completely (I have ice-pick scars and very large pores), it does make them diminish somewhat. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

Not a fan of this primer. My T-Zone doesn't work well w/this (oily t-zone, dry cheeks). My cheeks are fine, but I'm not really using it for them. I have to say that many Mally products are great. This just didn't seem to work for me. My t-zone was back to oily after an hour and then I had to blot all day long (as I was at work).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Smungmung

This is my HG primer! It makes all my pores disappear, and my skin feels super smooth and supple. My foundation practically glides over it and sets well.I'm not too crazy about the smell, and the packaging which attracts bacteria because you have to dip your fingers in the tub everytime you apply but I'm sticking to this primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by rnteacher

This is okay. I like my smashbox primer better. Not really a big difference than smashbox. Smashbox comes in a pump, you have to apply this with your fingers.