Mally Beauty Perfect Prep Poreless Primer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Silica, Polymeyhylsilsesquioxane, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tribehenin, Ceramide-2, Peg-10 Rapseed Sterol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Bismuth Oxychloride, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Butylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 17 (CI 16035)

on 9/19/2012 11:36:00 PM

I've used many primers (Smashbox, Laura Geller, Avon Majix) and this is by far the best at keeping my matte and my make-up fresh for 10 hours. I bought the jumbo size off of QVC, and am glad I signed up for autoship. I highly recommend.

on 5/26/2012 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This does wonders on my combination/acne skin. Has not broken me out. Been using this for two months now. My makeup lasts all day and stays matte without looking dead. Pores appear smaller and blurred. Packaging sucks but I heard she's coming up with a tube version I just hope the formula does not change because this primer is perfect as is. I love the feeling it's not to thick or siliconish *it does have silicone in it* but doesn't feel that way. Does not bead up.It absorbs nicely into the skin. I actually put a bit more than I usually do with any other primers i've used a "pea and a half" is the best. Will repurchase maybe in the glow I do love a inner glow look.

on 4/22/2012 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This product just does not do anything for my combination/acne prone skin except cause me to break out. It did nothing to hide my pores and just made my makeup (Mac foundation) look cakey after an hour or so. I would not buy this again and think it's way over priced.

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

I'm super oily and this is among the best oil-controlling primers I've ever used. I dislike that it comes in a jar as this requires you stick something in to get the product out. I like pumps or tubes so much better as they're more hygienic. The product goes on like whipped cream - very light. At first it feels a bit too "wet" but within a minute or two it dries down to a beautiful finish that is a great base for any makeup you apply over it. It keeps the shine at bay and I don't turn into an oil slick for at least 4-5 hours. This means I don't have to blot more than 1-2x per day and THAT is amazing when your skin is as oily as mine. I recommend this and will repurchase as it's the best I have found. Not perfect, mind you, but it's the best I've found (and I've tried sooooooooo many)

This primer, which I own in the Glow version, is a dreamy texture. It's a combo of liquid, cream, mousse and gel. It just feels great and it works. It really helps your makeup stick to your face (in a good way), go on smoother and last all day long.

I had a smaller version of this (that I received in a Mally kit) and purchased the full sized version because I liked it so much.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This primer has to be the best out there. I have tried several primers and always found something wrong with them. Not this one. The primer is a mousse and smooths on my face so easily. I have acne and old scars so while this cannot fix my skin all the way, this does a great job of making my skin look smooth and my pores look less noticeable. This primer makes my makeup last a good amount of time even in the icky Southern heat. The only thing that is not really good is the packaging. This is in a big clunky jar with a small mouth. It is very hard to get the product out and sometimes I use a sponge so I do not have to get it in my fingernails. If this was put in a tube I think it would be best to make this amazing primer easier to apply.

on 5/20/2011 9:45:00 PM

Awesome product/bad packaging. Needs a tube. Hate digging in a pot to scrape product from out under my nails the rest of the day.

other than that, product works exactly like a primer should.

on 3/29/2011 4:10:00 PM

I love this primer! I have combo skin, oily thru the t-zone and this does not make my face greasy at all. My foundation glides right on and lasts a lot longer. A little bit goes a long way so be careful not to apply too much. My skin seems to radiate a healthy glow since I've started using this. There's no piling with this primer either. I agree with another reviewer in the fact the packaging could be better. I don't mind the jar since I constantly wash my hands when applying make-up but a tube would be better.

on 3/21/2011 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love most of Mally's products that I have tried, but this... It is claimed to suppress shine, but hydrogenated vegetable oil is about the 4th ingredient, and rapeseed oil is lower down the list.

Then, to top it off, there is bismuth oxychloride in it too - which drives me made with itches.

Definitely not a success on my oily skin, no matter what the temporary smoothing effect.

on 1/30/2011 4:43:00 PM

This is a wonderful primer! It has a mouse-like consistency that glides on and allows my makeup to stay on all day. My only complaint is the packaging -- it sucks. Why can't Mally put it in a tube??? The plastic jar is big and bulky; it takes up a ton of room in a travel bag, which is incredibly annoying. Packaging aside, this is a wonderful primer. I like it better than Smashbox's primer b/c of the consistency. For some reason Mally's primer makes my face seem smoother and "grips" better to my makeup, if you know what I mean. Don't let the packaging or Mally's sometimes annoying voice keep you from purchasing a lovely primer. Four stars. Would be five if not for the packaging.

Popular Primer/ Correctors