August 31, 2014 | 1585 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Sephora - FACE Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 11:06:00 AM More reviews by starrz329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This sucks. Peroid. I orgionally bought this just so that I would work towards my 100 pts to my free gift. Wish I just would have went to MAC instead. Takes forever to get the makeup off, and it cant even remove all of it. Thank God I checked the mirror b4 I left, there was a ring of shadow that somehow made it all the way down 2 my cheeks. DONT BUY THIS!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Lisahh

I'm not sure why this makeup remover is getting such bad reviews. I find it to be very gentle and easy to use. It got rid of all my eyeshadow and mascara without smearing it all over my face. I love how I don't have to tug at my skin, I just simply pour some onto a tissue paper and wipe off my makeup. The price is a lot cheaper than a lot of other makeup removers. I got a 4.22 oz for only 10 dollars (USA). I only use a little tiny bit every time, so this bottle will probably last me a very long time. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I agree with the previous reviewer because this product must have changed it's formula recently for I, too, had to rub and rub to remove my waterproof eye makeup. I bought this with a gift card that someone had given me and it was a total waste of "free" money.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by kmelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this again as I actually advised a friend to buy this, after trying it a couple of years ago. I had good memories of this, but I must have remembered wrong. It just won't remove my makeup without a lot of rubbing which is really annoying. It is also leaves my skin oily after I use it, which I really dislike.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 6:23:00 PM More reviews by bailuli

It's not a bad makeup remover, but it's definitely not the best. I've read a lot of reviews from people saying that it removes waterproof makeup without any rubbing, and it comes off effortlessly. not really the case for me. I don't use a ton of makeup, usuallyl just some eyeliner and eyeshadow to bring out my eyes and eyebrow powder (just to make sure i got eyebrows lol), and that's about it. Like the 5 Lippie reviewer whose review I read, I also have to use my eyeliner to darken the area between my eyelashes as well (otherwise there's a distinctive white/skin color strip between my eyeball and my eyeliner, probably due to sparse/short eyelashes actually). Unfortunately for me, this makeup remover requires me to rub at it quite a bit to get it off.

Furthermore, this part I'm rather annoyed about, this thing stings my eyes. I've used the Neutrogena oil free eye makeup remover before, and that never stung my eyes and I tend to accidentally get it in my eyes a lot (due to having to draw right at the edge of my eyelid) This remover is the first time I've ever used something that actually stung my eyes when it's supposed to be specifically FOR eyes. It's not consistent stinging, and it doesn't happen all the time or immediately when i use it, but every once in a while it quite obviously make my eyes hurt. :\

Also, I noticed that the $10 bottle of this is used up about 2x faster than the Neutrogena bottle (which cost the same or a little cheaper, and about the same size). I'm not sure how that happened but it's definitely happening. I'm just glad that I'm actually glad it's used up faster, so I can move on and use the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil i just purchased.

It's not a bad makeup remover technically (as it does remove everything, after some scrubbing) but I think it's a product that I'd buy only if I desperately need a makeup remover, and all my other preferred choices are gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by loveandkiwi

A fairly good eye makeup remover. It removes my makeup pretty well. The way to get the best results from this product is to soak a cotton pad or ball with a few drops of this product and soak it on your eye for a few seconds before you gently rub the eye-makeup off. Its also important to shake the bottle well beforehand.

Perhaps people have complaints about this eye makeup remover because they are not washing their face well enough after using this. After using this product, you still have to wash your face with a good cleanser to get all the makeup off. You definitely cannot depend on any makeup remover to remove ALL your makeup without having to wash it again afterwards.

I guess the price of this is the biggest problem. I think the L'oreal waterproof eye makeup remove may be better than this since I heard it is pretty much the same thing as Lancome's eye makeup remover. So, I'll probably stop purchasing this and switch to a cheaper alternative, L'oreal

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Moonpetals

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this and it's so cheap. I wear waterproof everything and this takes it off so easily. You have to shake before using. Soak a cotton pad and it all comes off. I love this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by pink51

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This stuff is C-R-A-P!!!!!!! Just horrible.
Every morning I wake up with racoon eyes. Sephora's Eye Makeup remover absolutely sucks. I use Sephora's FACE Makeup remover (which I love) to remove eye makeup instead of this piece of sh*t.
I have to rub so hard to get makeup off with this. NEVER buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by xoxokris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

horrible!! i have to rub so hard and for so long in order to get all my makeup off, and my makeup isn't even waterproof!! It takes me seriously 10 min. to rub it off. and when i'm done, my eyes hurt and are all red! will not be buying again...i'm sticking to lancome.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2008 11:35:00 PM More reviews by MirandaRawson

I am not that happy with this. This type of remover is definitely one I need to steer clear from. Very oily, and leaves me with annoying (albeit minor) eye irritation for hours after use. Sure, it certainly removes makeup, but what makeup removers really don't? I've never tried one that doesn't work. But I should have stuck with my Kiehl's.