April 17, 2014 | 1696 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - Parure Extreme

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this product several times because it is hands down my HG foundation. The colour 04 matches my skin perfectly, although sometimes I do blend 03 to warm it up/lighten it up depending on my skin colour that day (the odd numbers are pink based, the even numbers are yellowish based). I have tried many foundations in my life.. high end to drugstore and everything in between and at the moment, this one is my favourite. That's not to say that I don't own and use other brands- I do, but what I love about this product is that with a good primer, it stays on, barely oxidises, and blends beautifully. It really imparts a radiance to your face - it does not look flat like some other long wearing foundations. It has never made me break out. Love it. Love Guerlain in general.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by greymattergirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh this foundation just sends me into fits I tell ya! Ok, so let me break it down..I am quite pale, probably around a NW15 or lower. I live in Florida and the weather is humid with a cpaital H. Sooo, I was looking for a long wear foundation and I had never tried Guerlain so I decided to take the plunge and order it sight unseen from Sephora. Well, I both LOVE and and hate it! I of course ordered the lightest shade they carry, which is not light enough for me, couple the fact that the shade is to dark with the fact that this oxidizes like a mofo..on me it oxidizes like 2-3 shades DARKER, and I think we can all figure out that the color match will never work for me. :( This puts me in such a state of sadness because the formula is AMAZING! My skin looked flawless..and I have quite a bit of redness in the cheeks along with broken capilleries. It wore like a dream, didnt transfer, didnt melt or seperate (like my Chanel foundations) and has the most beautiful finish! If this foundation came in my shade and didnt oxidize this would hands down be my forever HG. At night I dream Guerlain will make this in my color and fix the oxidation problem, lol! And yes, I tried every primer known to man to prevent the oxidation..nothing worked. I do suffer from hot flashes from a hysterectomy and thought maybe keeping sweat from mixing with it by using a primer might help (which kinda defeats the whole purpose of buying a "sweat proof" foundation, I know) but I was desperate to try to make it work since I loved it so. I ended up having to give it to my mother who has much tanner skin than I -_- and oh my, it looks devine on her and doesnt oxidize a bit! So, in conclusion, this foundation is perfection for the right skin type and color. Pale people, just stay away and save your money..the shade selection is criminal I tell ya! But if you are one of the lucky ones whose skin color and type agrees with this..well I cant imagine another long wear foundation being better than this one. It really is beyond beautiful and perfect when its a good match. Hopefully one day Guerlain will add some shades so I can feel pretty too, lol! I did find that Guerlain's Lingerie de Peau had some lighter shades (though not quite light enough for me) and I adore that formula almost as much as this one..and I can wear that one depending on the time of day and light I will be in, I usually have to wear it at night out of natural light as even the lightest shade is 1-2 shades to dark for me, but I love it so much I'm going to use it when I can. Its an absolutely beautiful foundation as well, and doesnt oxidize as bad as the Extreme. All in all my pale skin is getting no love from Guerlain, but their foundations are superb aside from the color choices!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by sparklemotion

After using this for a few months and trying some other highly touted foundations in the meantime, I now have to declare this HG material.
I am NW20 and use this in 01 and I am very happy with the match.
It is not too shiny and not too matte and the coverage is excellent - lasts at least 10 hours. Pump dispenser is great and you only need a tiny amount. I got this pretty cheap slightly used from a local auction site but I would repurchase at full price. Only neg I can see is that there is no way you can tell how much you have left due to opaque bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

Abosolutely fabulous foundation. I left Guerlain foundations for a while, but came back and am loving this one. I've tried this, Parure Gold and Aqua. This one is fabulous, coverage is wonderful. Photographs gorgeous. A little does go a along way - no need for multiple layers on this one. I've never broken out and Guerlain foundations seem to help my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by redlipsdiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this foundation in 03. A little goes a long way. I generally only use my fingertips for application and blending of my foundations.

I also use the Max Factor Imported Cosmetic Sponge 117 (can no longer find at my local drugstores, Target, Walmart, or online!) or a 187 buffing brush to blend out a little more, if needed. I find that not much blending is needed with high-end foundations and correct application with the fingertips.

Pros:
1. Flawless, luminous finish
2. Build-able coverage
3. Long-lasting

Cons:
1. Price

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Live4Beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a little queezy that I spent $58 on this make up, but the compliments I received on my skin (not my makeup!) were worth it.

First, the packaging is utterly beautiful. it looks expensive and makes getting ready every day feel special.

This covers everything. I recently got off birth control, and have some slight pigmentation in my cheeks. I normally need to put foundation plus concealer on them, but this was enough.

Also, since quitting the BC, my face has become wicked oily. I still had to blot my chin and around my nose (but only 1x, and much later in the day), but this really stayed in place, didn't slip off, and didn't exacerbate any oilies.

I'm somewhere between NC15, N5, and NW20, depending on the product I'm using. I am Beige Claire 002 in the PE. The shade range isn't really that great, so if you're super peaches and cream, or super dark, you may have a tough time finding a color match.

I wear this over MAC Prep and Prime SPF 50 and set with Ben Nye neutral set.

Although it's expensive, the bottle is huge and it only took one pump to cover my whole face. I should mention this product looks runny when you pump it, but apply with a MAC 188 brush and you'll look flawless and save product.

Edit: I had some outdoor photos taken while wearing this foundation and I had no idea how badly it oxidized. After the color sits (on my skin atleast) it looks orange. Blush makes it look worse. I will repurchase this again, but probably not until the summer when I'm a little darker. In the mean time, I've exchanged it for Lancome's Photogenic.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by LipstickFanatic

Beautiful beautiful beautiful foundation!! I bought this blindly from StrawberryNet based on raving reviews and I have definitely not been disappointed. Oxidises slightly if you don't use a primer, but paired with Smashbox primer this looks as close to that flawless magazine finish as a foundation alone will get you. Photographs beautifully and looks super natural despite the full coverage. You definitely need to shake before each use to get the right colour. It was runnier than I expected, but after many mishaps using EL DW (due to its difficulty to blend), I don't necessarily find this a bad thing... The foundation is highly pigmented and one pump will cover my whole face with a little to spare. Packaging is beautiful, but ridiculously heavy for a bottle with only 30mL of product. Overall I would definitely repurchase, but that won't be for awhile because my current bottle is seemingly lasting forever :) Definitely worth the money for the beautiful finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by roubella

I wore this foundation without concealer during my sisters wedding. I was the organiser and a bridesmaid too so I was under alot of stress AND was going to be photographed continously throughout the day!! I gave this 5 because it truly is the BEST foundation I have ever tried, my criteria when it comes to foundation is no1: should look as natural as possible, no2: I DONT WANT to be reapplying, it has to last, no3: I dont want to look like a powdery ghost drenched in flour in flash photography and no4: I dont want to look like a sweaty, oily shiny or waxy mess in photography, I dont want to look like a sweaty, oily, shiny, waxy mess period!. I dont have anti-aging concerns right now so I'm not looking for a face-moulding or sculpting/lifting foundation. But I do sometimes get one or two blemishes (which ofcourse just HAD TO crop up days before my sis's wedding!!) and reddish inflamed pores. I've tried soooooo many foundations and I've never found one that covers my blemishes , they often just cake or peel around them or the foundation wears off after a few hours.With this foundation the coverage lasted all day, in photographs my skin looked natural, glowy and satiny not at all shiny and my blemishes were completely hidden even in closeups btw I dont wear concealer. I ALWAYS wear this foundation when I know I'm going to have my photo taken even if it's just passport photos lol! It meets all my criteria and the packaging just makes me feel elegant and special lol :))

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by piradanan9

This is my almost the best one. The smell is so lovely. I love love love the finish look. Please imagine it s glow no need any shimmer or higlighter and your complexion is looks like hard boiled egg after peeling. Or can say likes ceramic texture but not caky!!! Great coverage, It s light weight foundation feeling so fine if you need more coverage can put more layers says it buildable. I found out that no need powder to set the foundation just only foundation and you are ready to go ^^ I'm so happy i got the right color. The package looks beautiful but one sad point couldn t see how much I have left.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 4:20:00 AM More reviews by 4ipatama

This foundation and meteorites perles powder is an amazing combination to get a perfectly even, almost photoshopped, and glowy skin. I was never a fan of Guerlain (I always found their products way too expensive), but I recently got Meteorites very cheap on our local ebay-kind-of page, and I fell in love. So I decided to try Parure Extreme which I read a lot about.

The disturbing moment is that I had to order this from an international web store since in Europe they don't sell the 01 Beige Pale shade (02 is too dark for me who usually wears the lightest shade in every foundation). When I recieved it, the consistency seemed to be watery, but after shaking it appeared thicker. It applies well, but since it's a high-coverage foundation I feel that my Sigma F80 brush (which provides thick coverage) can't blend it that well - I might try it with MAC187 instead. The coverage reminded me of Double Wear, if not better. You definitely don't need a concealer with this foundation.

The 01 shade of Parure Extreme is a bit lighter than Chanel's number 20. It does oxidize, and it is a a bit too yellow/dark for me - at least, now in January when I am super pale. I think, in summer this will be perfect. Right now I fix it with the lightest shade of meteorites perles and it helps me to brighten the foundation and make my skin really satin-like and glowy. The foundation itself gives a matte finish but turns dewy in an hour or so - and I must say that I really like that radiant finish.

I have really mixed skin (oily and acne prone, but dry in some areas in winter). Since this is a super long-wear foundation, I don't think it's really good for dry skin. But comparing to EL Double Wear, this feels much more gentle and is also much easier to remove.

If I compare it to other foundations I tried (EL Double Wear, Lancome TI Ultra, Chanel Mat Lumiere), this is probably the best one considering coverage and staying power (i did workout quite a lot last week and even sweating did nothing to this foundation). I really hope it won't break me out, however I am somewhat afraid to fall in love with this foundation, since this is expensive and my shade is not sold in Europe!

I also need to say that the bottle is really beautiful and luxurious, like all Guerlain packages, even though I am not a person who cares about bottles that much... It's a plesant plus, as well as a pump.

Final thoughts: this is an a-m-a-z-i-n-g foundation, like someone said - a luxurious, glowy and better-textured version of the famous EL Double Wear. I highly recommend it to people with scarring, redness and other imperfections - this will make your skin airbrushed. I'll see how this foundation continues to work for me, try other application techniques and update this review with time. For now, I give it a 4 (could be a 5 if Guerlain would be more clever and sell lighter shades somewhere else except Asia, and if the price tag would not be so high).