September 18, 2014 | 1721 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - Parure Extreme

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by rkcroft

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I am colour 03 and it is such a perfect match for my skin. I am quite neutral toned and I find Mac NC25 and NW25 just not right for me - either too yellow or too pink. It isn't easy to apply which is it's only negative. You can only successfully apply this foundation with your fingers. Doesn't bother me too much anyway because I have always achieved a better flawless finish with my fingers over any of the high quality brushes I own.
It does have a smell like all Guerlain products, but it quickly disappears.
The finish is neither shiny or matte. Its a perfect satin finish and it will last most of the day on me. I can even layer more foundation (even other brands) over the top and the foundation doesn't congeal which is a great bonus. It is a pricey foundation, but it is everything I've ever wanted in a foundation so I'm very happy to recommend it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunately, not very impressed. I was excited about this, since I was hunting for a higher spf for summer and the reviews were good. I really love Smashbox Studio Skin, but the spf is only 10. First of all, the staff matched me to #1, claiming it was perfect despite my concerns. No returns either. It was too dark for my pale, yellow-toned skin. Some reviews recommend 31 as paler, however the tester at the location was darker for some reason.. Secondly, the price is astronomical. It is over $60 CDN! Next, it became greasy throughout the day, felt heavy and broke me out. It looked unnatural, no matter how I applied it. The worst part? Despite the long-wearing claims, most came off my nose with one blotting sheet and it ended up in pores and lines. For so many reasons, a definite fail. I'll stick with my beloved, natural-looking, iron-clad Studio Skin with a better spf underneath!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I have dry, sensitive skin, and my main problem is slightly uneven skintone, with some scars and occurring pimples. I'm a foundation junkie, and I bought this because it has gotten such good reviews.
I want to say: there was a time I didn't bother looking much at the ingredients on foundation - you should definitely do that if you have any skin problems. This foundation has a good amount of alcohol, which you can detect in the smell. Alcohol is generally an ingredient I wouldn't suggest: it breaks down collagen in skin, which make you age faster, it unbalances skin and it doesn't let skin heal as fast as it could've healed. This foundation also has a strong smell - my boyfriend thought I was wearing perfume when I wore this... unfortunately, he liked the smell, and I can't find a perfume that smells like this XD So, if you're sensitive to fragrances... you might want to smell this first.
The colour range in this foundation isn't very good: the colour either have a pink or an orange undertone initially, so if your undertones are either yellow or olive, you will not find any colour that suits you. I can't find the right colour amongst Guerlain foundations: number 01 is too pink - probably like an NW15 (I'm NC15), while number 02 is way too dark and orange, probably like NC25, which is on the darker side for me even in the summer. One more problem is that this foundation oxidises A LOT! Usually, it goes like this: I put it on, everything is good for the first half hour, then...BAM! - it's almost two MAC shades darker. This means that nr. 01 goes from NW15 to NW20-25...! You need to be especially careful with powder bronzers and blushes on top of this - some will also become darker.
This lasts on my skin for the whole day, which I think is an important thing - there are days I need my foundation to look good for at least 10 hours. There is minimal transferring. The problem is that this has a very high content of perfume and alcohol, and makes me break out, so every time I use it, I expect to have bad skin the next day. This is the reason for why I won't repurchase - there are other long lasting, natural foundations that don't break me out.
The coverage is about medium, I would say - if I apply more than about a pea-size I think it looks caky. Also I never layer this. I usually actually like to apply this with a sponge, so it looks more natural - fingers also works, and maybe even brush, since this is quite a thin foundation. The finish is somehow matte, but not flat when I apply like described over. I have found that If I apply too heavily, it tends to oxidise more. This also then tends to make my forehead oily - try to apply more sheer in oily spots if you can.
People with normal to slightly oily skin would probably suit this, but it tends to highlight my dry patches and make my skin look slightly tight. If you have dry patches, this WILL accentuate them.
I won't repurchase because this has a high content of perfume and alcohol, breaks me out, isn't for my skintype and there are no colours that match me (I can't even colour-correct them, because the foundation always oxidise more orange).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this product several times because it is hands down my HG foundation. The colour 04 matches my skin perfectly, although sometimes I do blend 03 to warm it up/lighten it up depending on my skin colour that day (the odd numbers are pink based, the even numbers are yellowish based). I have tried many foundations in my life.. high end to drugstore and everything in between and at the moment, this one is my favourite. That's not to say that I don't own and use other brands- I do, but what I love about this product is that with a good primer, it stays on, barely oxidises, and blends beautifully. It really imparts a radiance to your face - it does not look flat like some other long wearing foundations. It has never made me break out. Love it. Love Guerlain in general.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by greymattergirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh this foundation just sends me into fits I tell ya! Ok, so let me break it down..I am quite pale, probably around a NW15 or lower. I live in Florida and the weather is humid with a cpaital H. Sooo, I was looking for a long wear foundation and I had never tried Guerlain so I decided to take the plunge and order it sight unseen from Sephora. Well, I both LOVE and and hate it! I of course ordered the lightest shade they carry, which is not light enough for me, couple the fact that the shade is to dark with the fact that this oxidizes like a mofo..on me it oxidizes like 2-3 shades DARKER, and I think we can all figure out that the color match will never work for me. :( This puts me in such a state of sadness because the formula is AMAZING! My skin looked flawless..and I have quite a bit of redness in the cheeks along with broken capilleries. It wore like a dream, didnt transfer, didnt melt or seperate (like my Chanel foundations) and has the most beautiful finish! If this foundation came in my shade and didnt oxidize this would hands down be my forever HG. At night I dream Guerlain will make this in my color and fix the oxidation problem, lol! And yes, I tried every primer known to man to prevent the oxidation..nothing worked. I do suffer from hot flashes from a hysterectomy and thought maybe keeping sweat from mixing with it by using a primer might help (which kinda defeats the whole purpose of buying a "sweat proof" foundation, I know) but I was desperate to try to make it work since I loved it so. I ended up having to give it to my mother who has much tanner skin than I -_- and oh my, it looks devine on her and doesnt oxidize a bit! So, in conclusion, this foundation is perfection for the right skin type and color. Pale people, just stay away and save your money..the shade selection is criminal I tell ya! But if you are one of the lucky ones whose skin color and type agrees with this..well I cant imagine another long wear foundation being better than this one. It really is beyond beautiful and perfect when its a good match. Hopefully one day Guerlain will add some shades so I can feel pretty too, lol! I did find that Guerlain's Lingerie de Peau had some lighter shades (though not quite light enough for me) and I adore that formula almost as much as this one..and I can wear that one depending on the time of day and light I will be in, I usually have to wear it at night out of natural light as even the lightest shade is 1-2 shades to dark for me, but I love it so much I'm going to use it when I can. Its an absolutely beautiful foundation as well, and doesnt oxidize as bad as the Extreme. All in all my pale skin is getting no love from Guerlain, but their foundations are superb aside from the color choices!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by sparklemotion

After using this for a few months and trying some other highly touted foundations in the meantime, I now have to declare this HG material.
I am NW20 and use this in 01 and I am very happy with the match.
It is not too shiny and not too matte and the coverage is excellent - lasts at least 10 hours. Pump dispenser is great and you only need a tiny amount. I got this pretty cheap slightly used from a local auction site but I would repurchase at full price. Only neg I can see is that there is no way you can tell how much you have left due to opaque bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

Abosolutely fabulous foundation. I left Guerlain foundations for a while, but came back and am loving this one. I've tried this, Parure Gold and Aqua. This one is fabulous, coverage is wonderful. Photographs gorgeous. A little does go a along way - no need for multiple layers on this one. I've never broken out and Guerlain foundations seem to help my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by redlipsdiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this foundation in 03. A little goes a long way. I generally only use my fingertips for application and blending of my foundations.

I also use the Max Factor Imported Cosmetic Sponge 117 (can no longer find at my local drugstores, Target, Walmart, or online!) or a 187 buffing brush to blend out a little more, if needed. I find that not much blending is needed with high-end foundations and correct application with the fingertips.

Pros:
1. Flawless, luminous finish
2. Build-able coverage
3. Long-lasting

Cons:
1. Price

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Live4Beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a little queezy that I spent $58 on this make up, but the compliments I received on my skin (not my makeup!) were worth it.

First, the packaging is utterly beautiful. it looks expensive and makes getting ready every day feel special.

This covers everything. I recently got off birth control, and have some slight pigmentation in my cheeks. I normally need to put foundation plus concealer on them, but this was enough.

Also, since quitting the BC, my face has become wicked oily. I still had to blot my chin and around my nose (but only 1x, and much later in the day), but this really stayed in place, didn't slip off, and didn't exacerbate any oilies.

I'm somewhere between NC15, N5, and NW20, depending on the product I'm using. I am Beige Claire 002 in the PE. The shade range isn't really that great, so if you're super peaches and cream, or super dark, you may have a tough time finding a color match.

I wear this over MAC Prep and Prime SPF 50 and set with Ben Nye neutral set.

Although it's expensive, the bottle is huge and it only took one pump to cover my whole face. I should mention this product looks runny when you pump it, but apply with a MAC 188 brush and you'll look flawless and save product.

Edit: I had some outdoor photos taken while wearing this foundation and I had no idea how badly it oxidized. After the color sits (on my skin atleast) it looks orange. Blush makes it look worse. I will repurchase this again, but probably not until the summer when I'm a little darker. In the mean time, I've exchanged it for Lancome's Photogenic.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by LipstickFanatic

Beautiful beautiful beautiful foundation!! I bought this blindly from StrawberryNet based on raving reviews and I have definitely not been disappointed. Oxidises slightly if you don't use a primer, but paired with Smashbox primer this looks as close to that flawless magazine finish as a foundation alone will get you. Photographs beautifully and looks super natural despite the full coverage. You definitely need to shake before each use to get the right colour. It was runnier than I expected, but after many mishaps using EL DW (due to its difficulty to blend), I don't necessarily find this a bad thing... The foundation is highly pigmented and one pump will cover my whole face with a little to spare. Packaging is beautiful, but ridiculously heavy for a bottle with only 30mL of product. Overall I would definitely repurchase, but that won't be for awhile because my current bottle is seemingly lasting forever :) Definitely worth the money for the beautiful finish.