April 19, 2014 | 938 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - retractable kabuki

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by cawowinnose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really like this brush. It fits perfectly in my makeup bag and it gives my face a great natural look. However, when I wash it, it takes a long time to dry, which I often forget until it's too late, which leads to more washing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice brush. In general, I usually prefer natural hairs on my brushes. However, the bristles are nice and soft. I use this to apply touchups of my pressed powder. It works well and the cap makes is nice and portable. So far I have not noticed any shedding during washing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite make-up bag brush. I use powder foundation on a daily basis, so I need a really soft, dense brush, and this works perfectly. The bristles are really soft, and the metal seems to be sturdy enough to protect the bristles. The polyvinyl packaging loses a point for the fact that it is not reusable, though it is marketed as though it is (why would you need this bag anyway with a retractable brush?) After about a year, the glue inside the first one I bought started to come apart, and I just recently threw it away and replaced it. I would be upset if a more expensive brush fell apart after only a year, but these are so inexpensive ($6.99 at KMart) and easy to find!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by helenavera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous thing. Really enjoy applying powder with it. No regrets. But how could you regret at this price?!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by KalmiaB

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush bec. of the retractability and the cap - no way can you pack a good brush for travel otherwise. The price is sure right, the cruelty free aspect appealed largely, and it feels pretty soft. I am not crazy about the Made in China bit, but I realize that's why they are so cheap. 7.99 at Kmart. I could see owning more than one of these, so that I can allow enough drying time after washing.

I'll see how they hold up. I've had a BBW retractable powder brush for over ten years - I'll be happy if this lasts five. This Ecotools brush is even smaller - nice for packing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by BeetheBee

I really love this kabuki. It has great coverage and picks up enough product. However, I've had mine for at least a year, and the kabuki broke out of the little case thing in less than a few months. Be careful when washing that the water doesn't get to the glue. But it's still awesome, even broken!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by mccann_lisa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I freakin' love this thing! This is the only makeup brush I use (I'm kind of minimalist that way) with the exception of my Sonia Kashuk spoolie. I am very happy with it. With the sides "up" (if that makes any sense) it's a fabulous stippling brush, and I use it that way to apply my pressed powder. Before using a setting spray I use it again, sides down, to remove any excess powder. It's soft, portable and perfect for my needs.

I only publish reviews of products that I truly believe in, and I use most of my reviewed products every day, long term. I am an ordinary woman trying to find what works without breaking the bank!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by alina08

Best brush ever! I use this for compact powder and sometimes for blush if I cannot find my normal brush. I love it! There is no softer/nicer brush out there. Its portability is definitely enhanced by its retractability. It is mess-free. Good bang for your buck. It is easy to wash and take care of as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Magapurna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! I'm a vegetarian so over the years I've acquired a number of artificial bristles brushes and Ecotools win hands-down!!! I have the retractable kabuki as well as the eye-set and an extra eye-shadow brush. I wish I had discovered them earlier. They are so much softer than all the other brushes I've got and the range is impressive. I love them 100%. The fact they are Eco-friendly is a bonus :) All pros no cons for me!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by tutlitu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a good quality brush that is a must in the make-up purse I bring everywhere. It's nicely sized, soft to touch and doesn't shed. I use it for powders, blush, mineral makeup and veils, and it is definitely a multi-purpose brush. If you need one brush for your make-up purse, this is it.