September 18, 2014 | 1829 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - retractable kabuki

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love how this brush is tiny so it can easily be tossed into a makeup bag or your purse with a compact for touch ups. The bristles are also so soft and gentle and do not shed. Also I have no trouble washing it with some gentle soap and it doesn't take forever to dry like some of my other brushes. Another thing I like is that it is retractable so you do not have to worry about it getting any bacteria on it while in your bag or it getting dirty. I got this for about $6 or $7 at Walgreens. I think that it is a great price for such a good brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by xkathyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is AMAZING! It's cheap, nicely packaged and has soft bristles that does not shed at all. I especially like that it is retractable since I am a clean freak when it comes to my brushes. It's easily washable too. I personally like to use baby shampoo to wash my brushes in case anyone was looking for a cheaper alternative instead of 'brush cleaners.'

Update: I just recently had to re-purchase this because when I was washing it the other day, the whole brush head popped off. I guess It isn't durable enough to be washed as often as I like to wash my brushes which is every once a week. Or maybe i'm just too rough with it but either way I repurchased because I love it that much.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by cawowinnose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really like this brush. It fits perfectly in my makeup bag and it gives my face a great natural look. However, when I wash it, it takes a long time to dry, which I often forget until it's too late, which leads to more washing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice brush. In general, I usually prefer natural hairs on my brushes. However, the bristles are nice and soft. I use this to apply touchups of my pressed powder. It works well and the cap makes is nice and portable. So far I have not noticed any shedding during washing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite make-up bag brush. I use powder foundation on a daily basis, so I need a really soft, dense brush, and this works perfectly. The bristles are really soft, and the metal seems to be sturdy enough to protect the bristles. The polyvinyl packaging loses a point for the fact that it is not reusable, though it is marketed as though it is (why would you need this bag anyway with a retractable brush?) After about a year, the glue inside the first one I bought started to come apart, and I just recently threw it away and replaced it. I would be upset if a more expensive brush fell apart after only a year, but these are so inexpensive ($6.99 at KMart) and easy to find!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by helenavera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous thing. Really enjoy applying powder with it. No regrets. But how could you regret at this price?!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by KalmiaB

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush bec. of the retractability and the cap - no way can you pack a good brush for travel otherwise. The price is sure right, the cruelty free aspect appealed largely, and it feels pretty soft. I am not crazy about the Made in China bit, but I realize that's why they are so cheap. 7.99 at Kmart. I could see owning more than one of these, so that I can allow enough drying time after washing.

I'll see how they hold up. I've had a BBW retractable powder brush for over ten years - I'll be happy if this lasts five. This Ecotools brush is even smaller - nice for packing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by BeetheBee

I really love this kabuki. It has great coverage and picks up enough product. However, I've had mine for at least a year, and the kabuki broke out of the little case thing in less than a few months. Be careful when washing that the water doesn't get to the glue. But it's still awesome, even broken!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by mccann_lisa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I freakin' love this thing! This is the only makeup brush I use (I'm kind of minimalist that way) with the exception of my Sonia Kashuk spoolie. I am very happy with it. With the sides "up" (if that makes any sense) it's a fabulous stippling brush, and I use it that way to apply my pressed powder. Before using a setting spray I use it again, sides down, to remove any excess powder. It's soft, portable and perfect for my needs.

I only publish reviews of products that I truly believe in, and I use most of my reviewed products every day, long term. I am an ordinary woman trying to find what works without breaking the bank!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by alina08

Best brush ever! I use this for compact powder and sometimes for blush if I cannot find my normal brush. I love it! There is no softer/nicer brush out there. Its portability is definitely enhanced by its retractability. It is mess-free. Good bang for your buck. It is easy to wash and take care of as well.