Tangle Teezer

4.4

on 8/6/2014 1:09:00 PM

This thing is a lifesaver. It's one of the few things I actually *would* replace. That's why I keep it in my purse so I don't lose it :)

So anyways I have an extremely gorgeous, outgoing & opinionated 2 year old girl with very fine hair (if you hold up a strand to light it's transparent like a spider web) that curls on the ends and gets tangled easily. She hates anything in her hair (so putting it up is out if the question) & also HATES getting her brushed (she will run & scream like she's being murdered) so this thing helps so much with that. I still have to chase her down & my ears are still ringing from her yelling at me lol but now it takes literally 10seconds to brush her hair. It glides through all the tangles and leaves her hair fluffy & shiny like a Disney princess :) Every mommy needs one of these!!

Also I love it on my hair too. my hair is fine, thin (not as fine as my daughter's though) and pretty straight. I can't see this doing much for really thick or curly hair. I only use this brush before I wash my hair or when I'm putting it up. never on wet hair after a shower but I'm sure it's good for that too since the bristles have a lot of give, they don't rip at your hair like a regular brush

on 8/5/2014 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I had doubts about this product, but I decided to get one at Sally's Beauty Supply today and try it out. It does exactly what it says it will do, and it definitely lives up to the hype. I read that this is more suitable for thick, long hair and that many ladies with thin or fine hair have trouble using the Tangle Teezer because it for some reason doesn't work well on their hair type/thickness.

I have thick, long hair that is always prone to tangles and knots and is very hard to comb or brush out. I've broken my sister's hair brush once just trying to brush my hair! It's the type of hair that is chronically tangled and knotted, and will get that way within seconds of combing my hair. I was surprised at how easily this product works on my hair. I can start from the roots and take it to the ends with no or minimal pulling. It seems to undo knots and tangles extremely easily, without me having to carefully comb out every damn knot with minimal breakage and hair loss. I can see that I'm not pulling out a lot of hair because the most I've seen stuck in my Tangle Teezer is one strand (versus a mess of hair with regular brushes). With a normal brush, my hair always gets stuck in my hair and I'm constantly pulling at the knots, hair strands, and breaking my hair. It's very comfortable to use on the scalp, and the shape/size is perfect for my hand size without a handle.

I also noticed that with the longer bristles, they are long enough to actually penetrate my hair to the scalp. My normal brushes don't ever really touch my scalp. This brush dislodges a LOT of dead skin cells and flakes from my scalp, and I thought my scalp was "clean" because I always scrub it and use one of those in-shower scalp massagers/shampooers. This was unexpected and kind of gross, but I suppose it's a good thing because getting rid of dead skin cell build up will perhaps promote more hair growth.

Overall, I'm glad I purchased this product. It is a pleasure to brush my hair out now, and it doesn't get instantly tangled after brushing with it. I highly recommend you try this out if you have thick, long hair. This is honestly the best beauty purchase I've made yet.

on 8/5/2014 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have thin, long hair that is prone to tangling (A LOT) and quite frankly this product does not live up to its expectations. It does NOT glide through my hair ''with no pulling tugging or yanking'' as is promised. In fact, it is no better than an ordinary brush and still rips out quite a lot of hair from my head. I honestly believe the product is a huge gimmick, however, at the same time I find it hard to generalize since it may in fact work better for different hair types. Still I am under the impression that the huge hype serves to prompt some kind of placebo effect, who knows. Summarily, I much rather invest my money in an expensive boar bristle brush than this cheap looking plastic tool.

This is great for my fine, coloured and slightly damaged hair. I bought the neon pink brush a few weeks ago when I was out and realised I had forgotten to bring a brush with me. I brush my hair all the time as it tangles easily. I keep this in my bag and also use it at home. Unlike other brushes, it doesn't pull my hair and make that awful ripping sound. It retails for $30 here in Australia so I am very glad it's lived up to my expectations. I also love I can find it easily in my bag because of
it's bright pink colour. I would buy it again.

on 7/24/2014 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

it works and works real good on my tape in extensions LOVEEE

on 7/24/2014 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Does it work? Absolutely. My only (minor) complaint is I wish it had a handle. If it did, it would be perfect! I recently purchased a similar brush with a handle from Conair because I was tired of always dropping the TT. Maybe I'm just clumsy haha but I really do like how it works on my hair.

on 7/23/2014 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought this on a whim. I really like it. I don't use it all the time, but mostly when I am fresh out the shower. My hair is very long and tangles easily. Normally I just use It's a 10 and a paddle brush to brush my hair, but I wanted to see if this crazy looking brush worked. It does and so I flip flop between the Tangle Teaser and Paddle Brush/It's a 10.

This easily brushes through my hair. If my hair is super tangled this brush will still pull, but nothing like my paddle brush. I was impressed enough with this brush that I bought my little cousin one for her super tangled hair. My little cousin was very impressed with her Tangle Teaser and stated, "It didn't hurt!". I would say that is a pretty good review from a three year old.

Well worth checking out. I have seen claims that it cuts or thins hair, but I haven't seen this or noted this at all in my own experience. :)

on 6/22/2014 4:08:00 AM

I think that this would be a great product if you have an average amount of hair. On the plus side, it really does detangle gently and without pulling. It's a nice shape and size, fits easily into hands and bags (since it doesn't have a handle), and comes in lots of cute colours. I bought this after seeing so much hype online from bloggers but unfortunately I don't think this product really works for me.

I have very thick hair that goes to about the middle of my back. I really enjoy having long hair but wanted a brush that could deal with all of it. I can get my hair mostly brushed with the tangle teezer but it takes me a good long while and I have to separate sections in order to get it detangled all the way through and I find it tangles again very quickly. I find a regular paddle brush with good, long, thick bristles works much better for my hair. If you have hair like mine I would recommend seeing if you can try out this product first to see if it suits you before spending the money on it. It is much lighter and more plasticky feeling than I thought it would be and I think it is a little expensive for what you get.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutly love my tangle teezer, I wont ever be goung back to a normal hairbrush. Love it, always take it in my handbag with me. Highly recommended, especially if you have long thick hair like myself.

on 6/16/2014 11:31:00 PM

YOU NEED THIS!

I picked up this brush after getting extensions and needed something that wouldnt drag them out of my hair. Well, this is my holy grail hair anything product. I can use it whatever state my hair is in and i have an old one that I squirt my hair masque onto that i then comb through my hair to get an even distribution of product. I have owned my one for a year and will be replacing it soon as my partner uses it to RUB! his hair on his head as "it feels nice", it really does!It is easy to clean and the design fits into my palm really well. I will repurchase this time and time again. Highly Recommended!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials