China Glaze Wagon Trail

4.6

on 10/8/2009 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

this color is so beautiful! it reminds me of the Mac polish from the style black collection called Seriously Hip...
the shimmers in this color is just perfect and a lot of times dark polishes like these will look black except in sunlight, but the greenish olive color shows under almost any type of decent lighting. i'm so excited to use this all throughout fall and even winter!!

on 5/22/2009 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a dark golden olive with gold-green-do I see rust? shimmer. It's very unique and doesn't really have any black in it for being so dark. Like other reviewers have noticed, the depth and shimmer of this shade changes with the lighting. I love it! Glad to add a truly unique shade to my collection.

on 5/5/2009 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A great, multifaceted color. Under dull, fluorescent office lighting or otherwise crappy indoor lighting I get a lovely dark olive, while in the sun I get this absolutely mesmerizing golden brown-black. In candlelight--yes I tried this--I swear I get the tiniest bit of rainbow glitter in it. As others have mentioned, chipping does seem to be a problem. I had a few small chips within about a day and a half, but I'd put up with it for the gorgeous color. Application was quite good.

on 3/1/2009 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this sexy dirty tigers eye shade. Its so dreamy and dark. Really lovely and very chic. Perfect for those refined but messy downtown girls. Just an amazing depth of colors. Really pick this one up. Two big thumbs up!!!

on 2/26/2009 12:29:00 PM

This shade is such a lovely dupe of Chanel Or De Russie.
The only downside is the quality, it chips really fast, even with Seche!

on 1/6/2009 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

When I saw this colour in a swatch, it didnt look too appealing, but decided to get it anyway because I dont have a colour like it in my collection. In the bottle it looks gorgeous but on the nail it looks even more gorgeous. I dont think Ive seen a brand do this colour yet. In normal light, it looks almost a black with olive-green shimmer and in sunlight you can really see the green-ness. Its also really shiny w/out using a topcoat. A must for everyones collection and very classy.

on 12/24/2008 4:10:00 AM

in general, i am NOT a fan of shimmers, yet i gave in to this color - it is just too gorgeous to refuse. i wont even enter the debate about "what color is it?" , lets just say i love it, and the application is flawless, makes you feel like a pro. i had a few chips after a night of bartending, but mind you i wore no base coat.

on 12/9/2008 11:24:00 AM

Lately I've become absolutely ruthless about purging blackened colors. I loved OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark when it came out, and it remains a favorite, but it set the stage for an endless procession of "colors" that only reveal themselves in bright sunlight while looking black in every other circumstance. Hey, I love black too, but when I buy a particular color I'd love to see some hint of it without performing yoga at high noon. So when I saw China Glaze's Wagon Trail in the bottle I sighed deeply and thought, "Here we go. Another blackened polish to throw in the swap pile." But I was wrong! Well, partially. Yes, it does look black at times, but this is one super dark polish that is actually complex and original. Yay! Wagon Trail is a very very dark umber infused with lots of olive-gold shimmer. It's the shimmer that makes the difference here. It lends the polish a very subtle metallic oil-on-water sparkle. The fact that the base is dark brown also keeps Wagon Trail from slipping into dull black territory. I don't have anything like this color in my 200+ collection; it's truly unique. My only quibble is with the wear. China Glaze usually has excellent wear (on me, anyway), even the somewhat wretched new formula, but this one showed tip wear and chipped in less than 24 hours. Very unusual. But overall this polish is a winner.

on 10/20/2008 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Right now for some reason, I'm into dark unique colors and this really hits the spot. It looks black, but once light hits it, it looks like a really dark green, and it also has sparkly golden shimmer/pearl finish (like a car). Great color for fall... especially for Halloween. My bf doesn't like it very much though and tease me whenever I wear this. One time we had a fruit fly problem and I asked him "where are all these flies coming from?" and he blurts out "from your nails". Funny and mean... but i love this color anyways and wish i could wear it more often.

on 10/15/2008 1:59:00 PM

As others have written, color is very interesting. Looks almost back but gold/green seen up close and in bight light. Goes on very nicely, I considered only using one coat, but would up doing two. Very pleased!

Popular Polishes