April 18, 2014 | 1972 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Pixi - illuminating tint & conceal

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 8:02:00 AM More reviews by sarahsic

In a pinch, I purchased this at Target and I like it. It is very smooth and the coverage is nice for a tinted moisturizer. It also makes my face feel very soft like a true moisturizer. I was very surprised to like the concealer that comes with it, but that also has a nice color and applies evenly and easily. It is very sparkly, but I really only notice the sparkles up close. If I step away, it does appear to make my skin "glow" a bit in the mirror. I typically pay between $40-50 for tinted moisture, so the price point was nice on this product. I actually prefer this product to the Bobbie Brown tinted moisturizer which I had been using for the past year. The Pixi product matches my skin tone better and the coverage is more even. I never buy makeup anywhere but department stores, Sephora, or the actually product's store (like MAC or Aveda). I took a chance on a brand carried by Target and was pleasantly surprised.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by rbyars1

Omg, this stuff is hella sparkly! seriously rub a sample of this onto your hand or wrist and then walk outside into the sunlight, no that's not a natural glow you are experiencing, it's acid trip on Friday night at the rave clubbing glitter. Why do these dang cosmetic companies equate chunky sparkle with "healthy glow or lit from within"? Gimme a break.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this light-medium coverage that this tinted moisturizer gives. I have been wearing it now for a week. First off, let me say that I have been in the market for a good foundation. I finally settled on ESL double wear which ended up screwing up my complexion. It's a great occasion makeup, but not a good every day makeup. I was searching for a good every day TM with a little more coverage than usual. I loved Bobbi Brown's TM (except for how oily my skin got wearing it) so I was about to go back to that TM, but after reading the rave reviews for Pixi's TM, I just had to try it. I am pleasantly surprised.

PROS
-Light weight, blends perfectly into my skin
-Buildable coverage for those, like me, who need a little more
-Color match spot on for my NC 25 skin tone (wear Bare Glow) and it sinks into my skin making the TM look very natural
-Believe it or not, this is actually quite matte. This does have "sparkles, or reflective" properties in it, but the TM itself is NOT oily at all. I was actually quite surprised by this. This truly gives you a nice"glow" and does not make you an oil slick. I have a baby and a 4 year old and I am constantly tired. This makes my skin looked revived and youthful.

How I apply: I apply the concealer first under my eyes and on problem areas.....and then apply the TM with my fingertips for all over coverage.....I then go back and conceal any big red spots if need be. I then add NARS laguna for some color and top it off with a translucent powder to set.

CONS:
-The price!!!! 1 oz for $30 is ridiculous if you ask me. Especially for someone like me who need to use a little more product than most.
-Concealer is just ok. I agree to sell the concealer separately and give us at least .5 more oz of product
-Because I have problematic skin, what used to take me 5 minutes with the ESL double wear to apply (since it covers EVERYTHING), this take a little more time to cover my imperfections.
-While the reflective properties really do give you a glow and not a sheen on your skin, the sparkles are evident in day light. I have mixed feelings about this. But I have to say that I've gotten a lot of compliments when wearing it, like "you look pretty today" or "you don't look as tired", etc.

UPDATE: I upped this to 5 lippies! I love the texture and consistency of this stuff. It glides on, gives me medium coverage, and it seems to stay on. I am, unfortunately, having breakout issues (Food allergy + a shit load of stress + my period) and this stuff still makes my skin look decent! I have asked my friends if they notice the sparkles or if my skin looks sparkley and not one of my friends noticed the sparkles, even in the daylight. So for now, HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by db001990

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very happy I bought this - coverage is much more than a normal tinted moisturizer - perfect for every day and love the concealer in the cap - it seemed like a gimmick at first but it is actually very clever and works well!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by cyndinurse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Crazy Amazing product. Who woulda thunk a little tube from Target would make a face look just W~O~W. GET IT!! You'll love it too!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was quite skeptical at first when I bought this but I wanted something lighter than my Clarins extrafirming foundation for summer. I am so glad I took the chance. A previous reviewer commented on it being sparkly but I've tried LM tinted moisturizer and I think LM is more sparkly than this one. There are no visible specks of sparkle, which I appreciate. It is truly a glow. Since I started using this I received some compliments from people I don't even know - like when I go grocery shopping! That's never happened before. The concealer works for me on my undereye circles and give fair to moderate coverage om spots. I use Maybelline coverup for spots in beige, an old standby, but works every time. I do LOVE LOVE the physical sunscreen as opposed to the chemical ones; the latter leave a yucky film on my face and break me out. I wish the SPF was higher though. I wear No. 1 which is very close to 104 Cream in Clarins extrafirming. I do top it off with BE Mineral Veil when I go play golf and it seems to stay put. One drawback: it seems pricey for the amount you get in the tube. Overall, it won't stop me from purchasing, so its a definite repurchase for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by stefandomen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is actually for the Pixi Flawless Beauty Powder. The best powder I have ever used. I bought it at Target and it was expensive but I knew I could return it. Looks great on and makes my face look airbrushed. It's unbelievable, really! I don't understand the colors since I am pretty pale Mac nc15 or nc20 and I needed the middle shade out of only 3 choices. You'd have to be pretty pale to wear the lightest color and the darkest color is not very dark, but if you are lucky enough to match any of the 3 shades I promise you will have found your hg powder. My skin is combo and it looks awesome on the dry and oily parts. My search is over since I can wear it on it's own or over foundation and it looks so far better than anything and I mean anything high end or drugstore that I have tried. And Target has testers! Go try it and see for yourself!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by thedogatemyname

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous product! I thought about purchasing this product for weeks and then I finally broke down and did. I didn't want to spend that much money for a product that is readily available at Target. I figured for another $20 I could buy Chanel. Having said that I am so glad that I purchased this tinted moisturizer.

Five lippies...the coverage is light and brightens your complexion. I'm not into glittery face looks and was worried I'd look like a disco queen. Not true at all. Just beautiful and it looks as though you're literally lit from within. The concealer was the part that I wasn't interested in before purchasing. I kept wondering why that was even on there. I figured it was a waste of space and precious product. I couldn't have been more wrong! The concealer is worth the money WITHOUT the moisturizer. I am not kidding. It's that good. I have never in my life found a concealer to hide my dark undereye circles. This does. I cannot imagine two products that go so flawlessly together. The product was thought out and created perfectly. There's nothing I'd change...maybe other than adding more product for the price.

Price $30 from zappos.com
It's certainly not cheap!

Packaging is great, I just wish there was more of it.

I will buy this product forever. It's beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by paigeturner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product. It's my staple for the summer and however much I stray from this in a quest to find something else, I always go back to this.
I have oil, sensitive skin with some red marks from acne. I'm a NC10/15 in MAC terms, and always use the lightest shades on foundation, so I use no.1, Light Glow. It's a touch too dark for me in winter, but in summer, it's perfect.

PROS:
- Beautiful, natural finish.
- Really is 'illuminating' without being oily
- Sheer coverage, but covers acne marks.
- Lasts a good 8 hours.
- Doesn't accentuate dry patches.
- Perfect no-makeup makeup! You really can't tell I've got it on.

CONS:
- Quite expensive (23.50) but not as much as some other high end and worse foundations I've tried!
- The concealor in the cap can be a little cakey and is certainly too drying for under the eye. Pefectly fine for spots, if all you want to take is this combo-tube on a weekend away or something/emergencies.
- Limited colour range, darker skintones will not find anything! Only 4 shades.

Overally, this is definite my favourite TM out of the ones I've tried (Laura Mercier, Stila, MAC, Clinque). Forever permanent residence in my makeup bag!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by citychic909

You will love this tinted moisturizer if you're looking for one with just a bit more coverage than normal. I've tried countless expensive tinted moisturizers, but this one definitely works best if you have combination skin and want a bit more than minimal coverage. Just wish the concealer was more sanitary!