October 2, 2014 | 1855 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Pixi - illuminating tint & conceal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by oubliette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OK, there are lots of things to be said about this product, but let's first talk about the sparkle. I'm not a complete sparkle-phobe, however I do generally prefer matte products as someone with oily skin that's beginning to develop wrinkles and creping. This Pixi product DOES look very shimmery if I test on the back of my hand or when it gets my fingers. It looks like pale gold paint. BUT! It doesn't look that way on my my face, somehow. Maybe it's because there are more shadows on my face, and the reflection is vertical. Weirdly it looks natural on my face and I even I asked my boyfriend to tell me if I looked like a glittering disco ball. He says it looks like I'm wearing nothing.

That said, this product does leave a slight shine to my face after using. This has been my experience with every tinted moisturiser that I have used. Previously I've tried the Mac and Smashbox TM's and have been happy with the coverage, and not so happy with the moisturising properties. The Pixi product feels like a nice light moisturiser while also giving a bit of coverage. So that's a win for me. I tone down the shine with Mac Blot Powder and everything's good. :) For reference, I use Mac NW 20 to 25 and Smashbox Light. Pixi No. 2 Bare Glow is a good match for me. It's slightly dark outside the summer months but still a natural looking effect if I take care to blend down my neck.

The accompanying concealer is a matte, full coverage concealer. I find this helps tone down the shine depending on how much you need to use. I'd prefer to buy the concealer separately because I use the TM about twice as fast. But it's still a good product and it's a nice bonus.

This is my favourite tinted moisturiser that I've tried. It ticks all my HG boxes except price point. I live in Europe and I order it from ASOS with free shipping. In fact, I just ordered two more tubes on sale!

In summary, the good: natural looking coverage, easy to use, feels light on the skin, SPF, no scent, and mostly natural ingredients. The bad: The price!! It's a small tube. But I tell myself it's four products in one (foundation, moisturiser, sunscreen, and concealer) and it takes the sting away. Also, the packaging is average and gets covered in orange fingerprints. This is minor considering how much I do like the product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by jbeans33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wish I liked this product but, it made my sensitive skin itch and turn red. Might work for people without crazy-sensitive skin like mine. The price is ridiculous for m/u from target. Can't recommend this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2011 8:39:00 AM More reviews by dblou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very light and easy to blend. How ever quite glittery and tho it doesn't make you look like a disco ball, the glitters are visible. Concealer is handy but it had oils in it which makes my skin break out. Packaging gets dirty easily and all the dirt are really visible in it which makes it look disgusting. Overall i didn't like this and it was hard to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 8:02:00 AM More reviews by sarahsic

In a pinch, I purchased this at Target and I like it. It is very smooth and the coverage is nice for a tinted moisturizer. It also makes my face feel very soft like a true moisturizer. I was very surprised to like the concealer that comes with it, but that also has a nice color and applies evenly and easily. It is very sparkly, but I really only notice the sparkles up close. If I step away, it does appear to make my skin "glow" a bit in the mirror. I typically pay between $40-50 for tinted moisture, so the price point was nice on this product. I actually prefer this product to the Bobbie Brown tinted moisturizer which I had been using for the past year. The Pixi product matches my skin tone better and the coverage is more even. I never buy makeup anywhere but department stores, Sephora, or the actually product's store (like MAC or Aveda). I took a chance on a brand carried by Target and was pleasantly surprised.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by rbyars1

Omg, this stuff is hella sparkly! seriously rub a sample of this onto your hand or wrist and then walk outside into the sunlight, no that's not a natural glow you are experiencing, it's acid trip on Friday night at the rave clubbing glitter. Why do these dang cosmetic companies equate chunky sparkle with "healthy glow or lit from within"? Gimme a break.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this light-medium coverage that this tinted moisturizer gives. I have been wearing it now for a week. First off, let me say that I have been in the market for a good foundation. I finally settled on ESL double wear which ended up screwing up my complexion. It's a great occasion makeup, but not a good every day makeup. I was searching for a good every day TM with a little more coverage than usual. I loved Bobbi Brown's TM (except for how oily my skin got wearing it) so I was about to go back to that TM, but after reading the rave reviews for Pixi's TM, I just had to try it. I am pleasantly surprised.

PROS
-Light weight, blends perfectly into my skin
-Buildable coverage for those, like me, who need a little more
-Color match spot on for my NC 25 skin tone (wear Bare Glow) and it sinks into my skin making the TM look very natural
-Believe it or not, this is actually quite matte. This does have "sparkles, or reflective" properties in it, but the TM itself is NOT oily at all. I was actually quite surprised by this. This truly gives you a nice"glow" and does not make you an oil slick. I have a baby and a 4 year old and I am constantly tired. This makes my skin looked revived and youthful.

How I apply: I apply the concealer first under my eyes and on problem areas.....and then apply the TM with my fingertips for all over coverage.....I then go back and conceal any big red spots if need be. I then add NARS laguna for some color and top it off with a translucent powder to set.

CONS:
-The price!!!! 1 oz for $30 is ridiculous if you ask me. Especially for someone like me who need to use a little more product than most.
-Concealer is just ok. I agree to sell the concealer separately and give us at least .5 more oz of product
-Because I have problematic skin, what used to take me 5 minutes with the ESL double wear to apply (since it covers EVERYTHING), this take a little more time to cover my imperfections.
-While the reflective properties really do give you a glow and not a sheen on your skin, the sparkles are evident in day light. I have mixed feelings about this. But I have to say that I've gotten a lot of compliments when wearing it, like "you look pretty today" or "you don't look as tired", etc.

UPDATE: I upped this to 5 lippies! I love the texture and consistency of this stuff. It glides on, gives me medium coverage, and it seems to stay on. I am, unfortunately, having breakout issues (Food allergy + a shit load of stress + my period) and this stuff still makes my skin look decent! I have asked my friends if they notice the sparkles or if my skin looks sparkley and not one of my friends noticed the sparkles, even in the daylight. So for now, HG!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by db001990

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very happy I bought this - coverage is much more than a normal tinted moisturizer - perfect for every day and love the concealer in the cap - it seemed like a gimmick at first but it is actually very clever and works well!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by cyndinurse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Crazy Amazing product. Who woulda thunk a little tube from Target would make a face look just W~O~W. GET IT!! You'll love it too!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was quite skeptical at first when I bought this but I wanted something lighter than my Clarins extrafirming foundation for summer. I am so glad I took the chance. A previous reviewer commented on it being sparkly but I've tried LM tinted moisturizer and I think LM is more sparkly than this one. There are no visible specks of sparkle, which I appreciate. It is truly a glow. Since I started using this I received some compliments from people I don't even know - like when I go grocery shopping! That's never happened before. The concealer works for me on my undereye circles and give fair to moderate coverage om spots. I use Maybelline coverup for spots in beige, an old standby, but works every time. I do LOVE LOVE the physical sunscreen as opposed to the chemical ones; the latter leave a yucky film on my face and break me out. I wish the SPF was higher though. I wear No. 1 which is very close to 104 Cream in Clarins extrafirming. I do top it off with BE Mineral Veil when I go play golf and it seems to stay put. One drawback: it seems pricey for the amount you get in the tube. Overall, it won't stop me from purchasing, so its a definite repurchase for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by stefandomen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is actually for the Pixi Flawless Beauty Powder. The best powder I have ever used. I bought it at Target and it was expensive but I knew I could return it. Looks great on and makes my face look airbrushed. It's unbelievable, really! I don't understand the colors since I am pretty pale Mac nc15 or nc20 and I needed the middle shade out of only 3 choices. You'd have to be pretty pale to wear the lightest color and the darkest color is not very dark, but if you are lucky enough to match any of the 3 shades I promise you will have found your hg powder. My skin is combo and it looks awesome on the dry and oily parts. My search is over since I can wear it on it's own or over foundation and it looks so far better than anything and I mean anything high end or drugstore that I have tried. And Target has testers! Go try it and see for yourself!