August 1, 2014 | 1213 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Turbo Booster C Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by candycandycandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, so some things I really love about this product is the packaging - very cute and made me feel like I was doing something a bit sciency when I mixed it up. The first couple of times I used it I got that "sting" feeling which I LOVE, because it makes you think it's doing something.

I don't get the sting from it anymore at all, and I can't tell if I really notice any difference from when I use it and when I don't. I'm not the most diligent with using it, and a big problem is that some moisture got into the jar and now it's lumping and not so easy to pull it/possibly unstable?

I think I'll buy another jar after this one and try to be better at using it every day, what makes me keep using it is that it says it prevents/improves sun damage, which is very important to me.

I bought this one at Mecca Cosmetica (Australia) which I love but oh my gawd expensive

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really want to like this product, I do. But for me it was just too harsh! I wish they would make a more gentle formula of this product. I am not joking when I say my sensitive skin literally cracked and bled after putting this on. I love the idea, innovative product, but be sure to sample it or other vitamin c products before putting it on just in case!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 6:34:00 AM More reviews by lizaza

hi i am around 1 mth plus into this bottle and i must say i can see improved radiance, luminosity and my skin feels more hydrated and somewhat 'plumped' up.

You can actually see effect after first application. I applied it at night and the next morning my friends were saying that my skin looks glowy.

I started off using 1/2 scoop cos my skin is really sensitive and SA at sephora said there might be a 'biting' sensation initially. I did feel a little sting but its definitely tolerable and goes away within a minute. Now I use a full scoop each time (day and night) and I don't feel anything.
(probably my skin is used to it).

I mix it with my daily skin lotion on my palm and I simply stir it with my fingers and apply it as per normal.

This is great stuff and I will definitely repurchase if I run out.

visit www.elbeautypage.blogspot.com for beauty tips and reviews!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I have been loving using this and feel like my skin looks pretty darn good. I've never had issues with my skin, just freckles and redness. I feel like the redness has toned down to a point where it is just flattering and that the texture of my skin is just finer and smooth. I usually use a full scoop of the powder in the evenings mixed in with either Nivea Soft or Philosophy Hope in a Jar moisturizer. I have also tried this with Josie Maran Argan Oil and it has worked fine but I prefer using this with lotions. I'm purchasing this off Amazon and they have the subscription where it is a few dollars off if you prescribe to buy it every few months or so. I've had this for a couple of months now and still have a lot in the bottle. I think it would take more than six months of daily use before running out of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have been using numerous brightening, pigment correcting serums in the past and have not seen any results with my sun spots fading and i was always hunting for something to lighten my dark spots from sun damage. i found it! this is it... it is a powder so i feel that it is more effective and assuring than C in liquid form. i simply just mix it with my serum every night and i see results already after 2 weeks of usage. my dark pigments has lightened and my pores seem tighter too. it is a little sticky when you put it on but after putting on a moisturizer on top, it gets better. i wish the packaging was a little different though...it can get a little messy getting the powder out with the scoop that it comes with since the jar opening is tiny. it would be better in a bigger spouted jar in my opinion. performance wise, this product gets two thumbs up!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Jasmine19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this product at first but soon realized it was making my face look orangish?? I hated the smell and I was also breaking out, but I'm not sure if was the cause of breakouts . Overall I will not repurchase or even continue using what's left of the one I still have.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Yishabeila

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love mixing the product every morning. However, as opposed to what they say, it doesn't mix with everything. For instance, with certain sunscreens, it's a disaster. It works best with water-based serums or lotions.

However, it also makes my skin feel tight and dry, so I doubt I will buy it again. It's not a problem specific to that powder. All vitamin C serums do this.

Also, it's supposed to enhance sunscreens, but when you think about it, don't citrus fruits cause the skin to be photosensitive? My melasma has worsened recently. I'm not sure if there's a link.

Anyways, like other reviewers, I can attest that this little bottle last a long time. I use a full scoop every day, and I still have two-thirds left after 3 months.

Bottom line, I haven't seen clear improvements with that powder yet, but it's fun, and vitamin C is one of the few proven anti-aging ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

UPDATE: upon further research and educating myself on ingredients, I stumbled upon how cost effective it can be to create your own custom skincare. You can get 4oz of L-Asorbic acid for $13.95 from lotion crafter. That is basically all this product is, just a lot more expensive. Here's the ingredient list: ascorbic acid, panthenol (vitamin b-5, basically a moisterizer), zinc pca (helps decrease sebum production)copper pca (same type of thing)camellia oleifera leaf juice (anti-oxidant) dipotassium glycyrrhizinate (white licorice extract, inflammation control) arginine (amino acid that assists in wound healing, great for erectile dysfunction too lol) cysteine (amino acid) aloe barbadensis leaf juice (moisterizer).And guess how much this costs for a half ounce? $35. The labels state it is 98% pure vitamin c, which is l-ascorbic acid. It would just be a better value to buy the pure stuff, not only that, it works better. Also, if you feel so inclined, the other ingredients are readily available as well. Some for around $5 in amounts that will be enough for 3 batches! If you want to read more essentialdayspa has some great recipies and advice. I just mixed up a batch of Kassy's CE Ferulic serum, which is a version of the very-expensive-and-popular-"ceuticals" brand (if you get my drift). So I will be reviewing that shortly. So anyways, love this Philosophy jar of wonder, but it's benefits can be had at a fraction of the cost :)

HG. Expensive, but worth it. I am trying my best to simplify my routine (am: purity w clairsonic, clinique moisture surge mixed with turbo boost; pm: neoutrogena makeup remover wipes, purity w clairsonic, clinique moisture surge with turbo boost, alternate alpha hydrox 10% w/ retin a micro/moisture surge 20 min after cleansing. Ole henrikson walnut complexion scrub 3x/wk, cortisone cream for occasional dry patches as needed). I have repurchased turbo boost several times in the past, but in my "simplifying" mindset had decided to stop for a while. Silly me! Without this,the few blemishes I had stayed around longer, my skin was dull/flaky from the RAM, blah blah blah. I could not figure out why my skin was being so ornery and not it's normal,happy glowing self. Just being bored and browsing one day, I came across reveiws about this product and how beneficial stablized vitamin c can be for your skin....all the stuff I know already... it got me thinking "maybe I should have never stopped using this..." my skin is evening out again (slight slight sundamage/freckles/ scarring in some places)This week (have been using this for 2 weeks), two different people on two different occasions commented on my skin ("what kind of foundation do you use? ", and somewhere along the lines of my makeup always looking perfect) confirmed I need this.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

purchased at ulta for $35.00 plus tax. i use a scoop in the morning with my obagi c day lotion (i know my lotion already has some c in it but i have tough oily skin, its not sensitive) and then a scoop at night with my olay wrinkle cream. it burned just a tiny bit but in a good way, didnt hurt, just a slight stingy feeling. its very easy to mix, not gritty and there was no odor also (the metallic smell some people mentioned). my face definitely looks smoother and brighter for sure (i am 36 years old with an 8 year old child, long sleepless nights and i love the sun!). i love that its a powder and powders stay fresher than serums IMO. it's pretty expensive for such a small amount but not too expensive that i wouldnt repurchase it. i have been reading around and what im going to do next after running out is go onto amazon and buy my own powder and use the plastic scoop that came with this to make my own. seems easy enough! i also read that powders are more potent when mixed with creams/lotions that dont contain too much ingredients or water. such as cold cream or shea butter (but i would never put shea butter on my face!). it seems to be working well with the lotions i mentioned above. it can get a bit messy when trying to scoop out the powder from such a tiny opening, it would be better if the jar was squat and round then longer and narrow. good stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by bella418

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Its true that this stuff is overpriced. Go to a health store and just look for a powder vitamin c (l ascorbic acid) if you're trying to save money. I feel like this stuff made my oily Skin too glowey for my liking. I had this for about 4 months and I noticed that when I take a break my skin clears up. It may be helping the scar fading slightly but then I get other acne to leave new marks behind.. its does help my skin retain moisture though. I have fussy skin so just because this didn't really benifit me doesn't mean it wont help others. I'm just one of those people that try new "miracle" products when in reality i can't tolerat a lot of stuff on my skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No