November 27, 2014 | 1503 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Turbo Booster C Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by StevenC

I CANNOT live without this product!! I recently made the move to the philippines from australia and my combination acne prone skin completely freaked out to the tropical climate, and also suffered from the pollution of the city.

This stuff not only cleared my skin of all those pesky little whiteheads (i only very rarely get acne/cysts anymore) but literally makes my skin glow!. I simply mix in a scoop of it with my Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum before application twice a day

The only thing is the price but then again beauty should come at a price ...... I seem to be powering through the stuff real quick though, perhaps I will reduce usage to one once a day and see how I go, either way this stuff is a total lifesaver

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 8:32:00 AM More reviews by jfb2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love, Love, LOVE this stuff! It is totally HG status! I just at 1 scoop to my spf in the morning and it has made my skins eve, smooth, and clear. I never go 1 day w/o this. If you are looking to make your skin more even and clear out pore PLUS get great antioxidant protection pick this up! 1 scoop a day lasts me about 9 months so the price is good for how long it lasts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by jootje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product has made a visible difference to my skin. My skin is more even toned and more clear.
First some info about my skin: slighty sensitive, dehydrated, clog prone, combination (oily t-zone, normal cheeks).
Since I made some diet changes I have no more break-outs (cut out dairy, reduced sugar, added omega 3), but I still suffered from unsightly blackheads and sebacious filaments on my nose and chin. My nose has been referred to as a 'strawberry' nose. I've tried everything to get rid of them: pore strips, gelatin mask, aha, bha, oil cleansing, honey, clarisonic, etc. Nothing really worked.
Before I tried this product I started with just adding some l-ascorbic acid to my serum (in the exact same way as you use this). The problem with that was that a) it was difficult to measure out the right amount and b) it took a couple of minutes for the powder to dissolve. Because of those two reasons I just didn't use it consistently and so I saw no difference.
When I purchased this product, I actually just purchased it for the convenient little spoon that comes with it, thinking I'd just refill the bottle with l-ascorbic acid when I finished it. However, I fell in love with the ease of using this product. This vitamin c dissolves instantly in my serum. It literally only takes seconds, whereas I used to have to wait minutes with my regular vitamin c powder. It might seem trivial and spoiled, but this just makes it so much easier to use that I now actually do use this consistently.

Results: my skin is brighter, smoother, more even toned and above all, clearer. I used to have some small whiteheads that have sort of 'opened' up into blackheads first and then just disappeared. The sebacious filaments/blackheads (I'm still not certain what they are) are a lot less apparent.

One thing that's very important though, is that this only works if I use it consistently for a long time. I did not notice a difference right away, not even after a week or even two. It was after about a month that I started noticing a difference. Because consistency is such an important factor for the way it works, I will repurchase this product when I run out instead of just refilling the bottle with l-ascorbic acid. I just find this so much easier to use that it makes the difference for me in wether or not I use it every single day.

Bottom line: if you're low on cash or just don't want to spend this much, you could get the same results with much cheaper plain l-ascorbic acid. However, if you are lazy like me and find the time it needs to dissolve a hassle, this product is really worth getting. The rest of my skincare routine is very cheap, so I don't feel bad about splurging on this.

How I apply: I apply this at night and I mix one full spoon in with my serum. I stir it a little with a knuckle of my finger, it disolves right away, and I apply it to my face. I do not stir it with the tip of my finger, because I found out this stains my nails yellow! I could use the end of the spoon to stir as well, but I find it then takes longer to dissolve. I guess the warmth of my finger makes it dissolve faster. Afterwards I apply either nothing or my nightcream (plain old vaseline).

Overall, I think this is a great product that actually works and makes a visible difference to my skin. I'm happy with the results and I will repurchase this in a hearbeat.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by candibubblz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am reviewing after using two WHOLE bottles of this product. The first time around went well. Then I finished it and used other products. After some time, I got a discount card at sephora to use, and I decided to try this stuff again. I am glad I did! I am wondering why I didn't review this good little product the first go 'round.

I am sure you've heard, but it's a little jar with power in it. You use the scoop to add this to your lotion and put it on your face.

I use this about every other day. I am trying to make it last! I use one level scoop and add it to my lotion in the morning.

It stings just in little places and not even that bad...

now the results:
I find my skin to be more smooth, clear, and my post-acne marks diminished. I can def tell the difference and so could my mom.

I've noticed that I also use less make up/cover up on my face and I have less blemishes than I did before.

I recommend! It is a little pricey - but It lasts awhile and I personally think the results are worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by candycandycandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, so some things I really love about this product is the packaging - very cute and made me feel like I was doing something a bit sciency when I mixed it up. The first couple of times I used it I got that "sting" feeling which I LOVE, because it makes you think it's doing something.

I don't get the sting from it anymore at all, and I can't tell if I really notice any difference from when I use it and when I don't. I'm not the most diligent with using it, and a big problem is that some moisture got into the jar and now it's lumping and not so easy to pull it/possibly unstable?

I think I'll buy another jar after this one and try to be better at using it every day, what makes me keep using it is that it says it prevents/improves sun damage, which is very important to me.

I bought this one at Mecca Cosmetica (Australia) which I love but oh my gawd expensive

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really want to like this product, I do. But for me it was just too harsh! I wish they would make a more gentle formula of this product. I am not joking when I say my sensitive skin literally cracked and bled after putting this on. I love the idea, innovative product, but be sure to sample it or other vitamin c products before putting it on just in case!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 6:34:00 AM More reviews by lizaza

hi i am around 1 mth plus into this bottle and i must say i can see improved radiance, luminosity and my skin feels more hydrated and somewhat 'plumped' up.

You can actually see effect after first application. I applied it at night and the next morning my friends were saying that my skin looks glowy.

I started off using 1/2 scoop cos my skin is really sensitive and SA at sephora said there might be a 'biting' sensation initially. I did feel a little sting but its definitely tolerable and goes away within a minute. Now I use a full scoop each time (day and night) and I don't feel anything.
(probably my skin is used to it).

I mix it with my daily skin lotion on my palm and I simply stir it with my fingers and apply it as per normal.

This is great stuff and I will definitely repurchase if I run out.

visit www.elbeautypage.blogspot.com for beauty tips and reviews!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I have been loving using this and feel like my skin looks pretty darn good. I've never had issues with my skin, just freckles and redness. I feel like the redness has toned down to a point where it is just flattering and that the texture of my skin is just finer and smooth. I usually use a full scoop of the powder in the evenings mixed in with either Nivea Soft or Philosophy Hope in a Jar moisturizer. I have also tried this with Josie Maran Argan Oil and it has worked fine but I prefer using this with lotions. I'm purchasing this off Amazon and they have the subscription where it is a few dollars off if you prescribe to buy it every few months or so. I've had this for a couple of months now and still have a lot in the bottle. I think it would take more than six months of daily use before running out of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have been using numerous brightening, pigment correcting serums in the past and have not seen any results with my sun spots fading and i was always hunting for something to lighten my dark spots from sun damage. i found it! this is it... it is a powder so i feel that it is more effective and assuring than C in liquid form. i simply just mix it with my serum every night and i see results already after 2 weeks of usage. my dark pigments has lightened and my pores seem tighter too. it is a little sticky when you put it on but after putting on a moisturizer on top, it gets better. i wish the packaging was a little different though...it can get a little messy getting the powder out with the scoop that it comes with since the jar opening is tiny. it would be better in a bigger spouted jar in my opinion. performance wise, this product gets two thumbs up!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Jasmine19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this product at first but soon realized it was making my face look orangish?? I hated the smell and I was also breaking out, but I'm not sure if was the cause of breakouts . Overall I will not repurchase or even continue using what's left of the one I still have.