October 23, 2014 | 1859 users online

Palettes - TheBalm - Shady Lady Eyeshadow Palette - Vol. 1

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

This is an excellent palette. All the colors are pigmented, blendable and versatile. The fallout and fading throughout the day is also minimal. All the colors, although not neutrals, are very useable. They are not very bright and out there so its very easy to wear for everyday looks. Also, all the colors work together very well, which is hard to find in many palettes. I've created many looks just out of the colors in this palette the entire week and I feel fine not having to use colors outside the palette to supplement. And I normally use my shadows that are organized into 7 fifteen pan Mac palettes and I usually have to use shadows from 2 different palettes to complete the look, so its pretty impressive that I am fine with just using shadows from this one small palette of 9 shadows.

Caught in the Act Courtney-medium warm brown with fine gold glitters, brown base not super pigmented

Shameless Shana-warm tan satin finish, very pigmented

Luscious Lani-light pink champagne satin finish, subtle but pigmented

Jealous Jordana-deep, muted emerald green, pigmented but when blended into creases looses its green color

Risque Renne-deep muted cool blue, fairly pigmented

Jet-setter jennifer-light, frosty champagne gold, very pigmented.

All About Alex-medium olive green satin, very pigmented

Sexy Wheezie-light muted cool blue satin finish, fairly pigmented and name reminds me of Lil Wayne

Overall, I wish some of the colors were more pigmented. I wish Jealous Jordana had a more intense emerald base, because when used and blended into the crease it turns very muted and gray. Also, Risque Renne could have a stronger blue base. Basically, the darker colors could have more pigmentation and this palette would be perfect. However, for those who love muted, subtle and more wearable colors, this could be a blessing.

Packaging-wise, this is PERFECT. It fits all the shadows and doesn't add any unnecessarily bulk. I love the shadows in the UD palettes but the add SOO much BULK in addition to the shadows which I don't care for. The size of this, compact and slip, includes a very nice size mirror, is soooo perfect for travel. However, I do wish it was maybe plastic instead of cardboard, it just doesn't seem as sturdy as plastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Beautyisbliss

I found this at TJMaxx for an incredible $12.99!! I have other products from The Balm and this is a wonderful addition! The colors are beautiful, versatile and so easy to apply/blend. So bummed I was not introduced to this brand earlier as I could have saved by not buying MAC, nars and CD. These are the best eyeshadows out there hands down!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by runkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I only use 4 of the 9 shadows consistently but I have found the individual pans at Shopper's DrugMart and will def re-purchase my faves.

I have fair skin and green eyes and 'Insane Jane' and 'Just this once Jamie' are my go-to's. Insane Jane looks darker in the palette but it goes on a sheer- best described as a smoky lilac with a hint of charcoal. Just this once Jamie is a smokier purple version that can be layered for intensity or just a sheer wash of colour, if you prefer. Devilish Danielle is the perfect brow highlight on me.

I usually prime with Mac Untitled paint, swipe on one or both or all 3 of the above, blend and smudge on a cat eye with Geisha Ink, slap on some mascara and call it a day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by kdhill

I love this palette its my go to eye shadows. I really like darker shadows and this palette is perfect, the brown is my favorite color, its rich and chocolately and goes on smoothly. The only con i would say this product has is the packaging. Its big and bulky, this product would of gotten a five if the packaging were more sleek like the nars packages. Besides the packaging the shadows are high quality and definitely worth buying. Do they make singles????

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2010 4:04:00 AM More reviews by GoddessLaura

I have been using this 9 shadow palette for about 6 months now and I am surprised at how much I enjoy it. The shadows can be used to make a simple neutral eye or a deep smokey eye. The shadows are a fantastic quality and blend like a dream.

The packaging is ok. Its about 3.5 inches square, and about 1/3 of an inch thick. It doesn't fit in my small makeup bag so I can't take it with me. In general I hate paper/cardboard based packaging on makeup products, so I'm not wild about he packaging. The large mirror it comes with is really nice

Would definitely re-buy

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by hautePJones

Vol 1 of the Shady Lady eyeshadow palette is the bomb! I've had this for over a year and a half and use it all the time. Haven't it pan on any of the colors because they are a nice size. Super pigmented and blendable. My fave is Jealous Jordana. It is a lovely shade of deep green with a bit of shimmer. Awesome as a liner. You won't be disappointed with this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by bih80

The quality of these shadows is absolutely fantastic. Super pigmented, blendable, rich and just overall gorgeous. I recently went for a work trip and the only eye color I needed was all in here. Easy and light so it's great for traveling, it's also great for people starting in makeup, you get tons of colors and they're good quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by rachie116

I bought the shady lady palette vol 2 and couldnt be happier! I have been looking for a palette with a variety of neutral colors and ive finally found it. All the colors compliment each other and can be mixed, blended or worn alone. The darker shades can be used as shimmery eyeliner as well.So pretty.The shadows are highly pigmented and last forever. I highly recommend this palette!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by sanpe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Such a beautiful palette! I've had this one for over a year now and I still love it. All the shadows are so smooth and blend like a dream. They last all day with a primer. I also have the volume 2 and I have to say that I like that one better! Only because now I'm more neutral colors so I tend to reach for that one more often. But you wont be disappointed with either of the palettes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by kalosa82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful! I have both 1 & 2 shadow palettes and love 'em both! You can create so many different looks with the colors in these palettes. It's nicely pigmented and easy to apply. Smooth texture, nice colors, great size...just beautiful!