November 27, 2014 | 1048 users online

Moisturizers - Avon - ANEW Rejuvenate Night Revitalizing Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by dwenn1968

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't get past the strong chemical smell of this product. I like the way my skin feels in the morning but applying it is torture. Edited: Stopped using because there wasn't enough of a benefit to overcome the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 6:05:00 AM More reviews by matsubree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG night cream. When I wake up my skin looks clear and isn't oily. My pores do seem a little smaller and skin tone even.

It doesn't give me any break outs which is excellent because I am acne-prone and would wake up to new pimples and whiteheads.

The smell is pleasant and it absorbs quickly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by theurbanhippie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Meh. After using the entire ANEW Rejuvenate line (except for the eye cream) for over 3 months, it has good points and not so good points, and I've decided to move on to something else.

Good: great job on clearing the pores; a good AHA, not too expensive but has the feel of more expensive skin care; pleasant, non-cloying smell; can be purchased cheaply on sale in catalog/web site or on eBay; no breakouts or weird reactions.

Con: can easily pick up a cheaper AHA at drugstore/online; works best with the rest of the line, which gets spendy really fast; if you have combo skin like me, does great job with oily/clogged areas but dries out cheeks, making you look more aged; way too many chemical ingredients, and can sting if used with the Clinical Dermabrasion or Clinical Peel; AVON has stopped selling the trial size individually, leaving you to spend more $$$ on the larger jar; open-mouthed jar isn't exactly sanitary and it's easy to use too much.

I would keep using this stuff because I like that my pores are clear, but after 2 months my cheeks are so dried out that I have more surface wrinkles than I started with.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by avon_lady

Just started using this product last week. i have noticed that my pores are looking a little smaller, BUT this seems to burn my face. i'm not sure if it's because i don't really use moisturizer at all on a regular basis or because my skin isn't use to this yet, but either way, i've been walking around looking like i have a sunburn and its january!! and the scent of this sucks. i will keep using it for another week or two to see if things get better, if not, i'll have to pass. i will update this soon.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Pink_Starlette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff! It's a nice light gel cream with a fresh floral scent. The scent is much lighter and nicer in this than in the matching cleanser. I use this both day and night because I can't use the day cream with contains a chemical sunscreen. This night cream doesn't break me out or make my greasy. But it does a great job moisturizing and smoothing out my skin! My pores look smaller, skin tone looks more even, and it doesn't irritate my skin. I do notice a very slight burning sensation when I first apply this. It's so slight that it just feels like a warming sensation. It goes away with in 30 seconds though. I don't notice anything bad happening because of this and will continue to use this cream because of all the positive things it does for me!

Edit: this is not good for sensitive skin. After a week and a half of use this along with the cleanser started causing a chemical burn on my skin. The first four days gave glorious results and then it all went sown hill from there. Redness, peeling, break outs , oozing not pretty...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 9:52:00 AM More reviews by gribble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this cream. I initially received a few sample sachets from an Avon rep at work and decided to skip my usual night cream for a week or so to see how this stuff worked. I was so impressed with the results I had to buy the full size tub the next week. I have very oily, clogged skin with largeish pores on my cheeks. Being that it is now summertime, and I usually suffer from atrocious breakouts this time of year, my skin is looking and feeling amazing and the only thing I can attribute it to is this cream. After several weeks my overall skin texture is noticeably smoother with less under the skin bumps, the indented pores on my cheeks have "flattened out" visibly, and my skin feels like it has a lot less gross, summer-induced buildup. It doesn't totally appear to be marketed towards oily skin on the Avon website, but I can't imagine it really helping someone with dry skin too well, doesn't seem moisturising enough. It really is more of a 'resurfacer'.

As for the look and feel of the product itself, it is a very thick gel-cream with an awful synthetic/plastic smell. There's no denying it - this is no organic, natural skin care folks, so if that's more your cup of tea you might want to totally skip this. It really does smell like a plastic factory and I can totally understand why you would hate this if you were sensitive to smells. For me, it made an almost overnight improvement to my skin so I can live with the scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2009 4:19:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

This stung my face the first night I used it because my skin is quite dry (and acne prone, great). It isn't greasy and doesn't feel very deeply moisturising but it moisturised alright.
But, my acne has died down and my pores aren't as clogged up.
An accurate way to describe the smell is shampoo.
All-in-all, something good is happening. I'll continue using it and I will update.
I'm using this in conjunction with the flash facial so my reviews are for both.

Update: I have no more pimples on my cheeks and chin after 3 nights use! HOWEVER, my pores are gaping huge! Like I've never seen my skin so porous. I'm thinking maybe this is happening because my skin is quite young and this is for more mature skin. I'll continue using this for another week and see how it goes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by diggity

I tried this, along with the Rejuvenate Day Cream w/spf. These products were not good for my dryish and sensitive skin. I tried the night cream after using a gentle cleanser. It stung upon applications and caused a bit of irritation. It wasn't too moisturizing, and my pores seemed enlarged after a couple days of use. I don't know if it's a bad product or if it's just not compatible with my skin type. It also doesn't smell very good, but that's something I could overlook if a product worked well for me. I got a good deal on this on ebay, so check there if you want to give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so impressed by the Rejuvenate Flash Facial which I love and I have been reading rave reviews of this night cream, so I had to try it. I love this too, the gel-cream consistency sinks in well after my proactiv moisturizer. I have oily acneic blemished skin that can use some light moisture at night but I cant use 80% of moisturizers out there because either they are too harsh or too oily. This anew night cream does not break me out. Matter in fact, I know there is no treatment, primers, medications/birth control, creams or lasers that has not helped with my pore size, but the first night I wore this cream it smoothed out my skin. The very next day I woke up I had no visible pores!!! I'm not kidding! and I use a magnifying mirror every morning. My makeup went on smoother and I only used 2 blotting sheets that day (i usually use 6 a day). Do not be afraid to try this if you have oily/acneic sensitive skin like mine. Also, I was using Murad Night Reform which I found not moisturizing enough but it helps by keeping my breakouts at bay. And I have also tried Proactiv Night Clarifying treatment which is good on most nights but can sting on the days when my skin is dry. This cream however is moisturizing yet effective in refining my blemished skin's texture. I'm really impressed by Avon lately. This aint your grandma's cold cream. Finally a skincare for my skin type.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by boo_hiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall I like this for a night cream. It has a nice texture and a classy looking blue tub. I don't mind the tub, personally. What I do mind is the strong, artificial, cheap scent. A light citrus scent would have been much better. But, as another reviewer said, the scent doesn't stay on your skin. I'm 24 and I don't really have wrinkles yet but I figured I'd get ahead of the game. This does make my skin feel soft and smooth so I think I'd repurchase it.