December 22, 2014 | 1907 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Double Fix

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by MelanieG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can honestly say that I have tried all of the drugstore mascaras out there in my quest for the perfect mascara. My criteria: 1. Must go on smoothly, with no clumping or spider lashes. 2. Must be dark enough that I only have to put on one or two coats max. I am blond and unfortunately my lashes match my hair. 3. Must stay put all day, with no flaking or raccoon eyes. 4. Must remove without too much effort. I haven't found a mascara yet that does all of that. I like Full and Soft, because it gives me a soft, natural look. However, it doesn't stay put all day. I wasn't thrilled with the waterproof version either. Then I found Clarins Double Fix. It truly has been the answer to my mascara prayers! I can still wear Full and Soft, and have my natural, soft lashes-and now no raccoon eyes! Double Fix goes on so quickly over my other mascara, and removes just as easily. I got caught in a rain shower the other day, and my lashes still looked great! It also doesn't feel stiff or spikey-another plus! I wish it were a little cheaper, but a tube lasts a while. It certainly is worth the investment.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was highly skeptical of this product at first. I mean, I'm already shelling out for mascara, why should I bother with a separate product. But the truth is, a lot of mascaras are prone to smudging and flaking, high end to low end, water proof or not. It happens. There are mascara formulas that I love for their ability to lengthen, thicken, and separate, but that effect is ruined when the formula strays and rings your eyes.

This product does exactly as it claims. It's like magic. Every mascara I combine it with is magically transformed into The Most Waterproof Mascara of all Time. I've only used it so for at the gym and for long nights out, but I will report back after my upcoming trip to Thailand.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by louvy0401

i would buy this until they stop making it. can't live without it. even when i cried, whatever mascara i used underneath this would not run down - that actually makes me smile :) Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by lrigtnahpele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Waterproof or not, mascara always smudges on me because of how oily my skin is. This stuff makes sure that nothing transfers onto my face no matter how greasy I am :)

No weird smell, no itchy/irritated eyes/skin, dries quickly without a film, holds a curl beautifully!

The only bad thing is that if you want to comb out your lashes after applying this, you should do it while it's still wet. The first time I used it, I combed my lashes after this dried and it made the tips of my lashes look lighter, I think there was a little string of translucent white-ish clear stuff at the tips.

Definite re-buy!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Imimpressions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have never liked how awful waterproof mascara can be to work with or take off. I love a good mascara (currently using Dior iconic overcurl). I went to an event where I knew I would get really teary eyed - which I did. I looked in the mirror and absolutely nothing happened to my eye makeup, everything stayed. I will always have one of these on hand!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by abilight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

AMAZING.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 5:20:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fantastic little product. If you have issues with your mascars smudging or flaking then you need this. You put it on after your mascara - and you can use ANY mascara - and it will seal your lashes so there is no flaking/smudging and makes them waterproof too.

If like me you have a few different mascaras on the go at once, then this is great as it makes them ALL waterproof - you don;t even need to go out and buy a proper waterrpoof mascara!!! This is a staple in my make up bag and always packed for holidays and used for nights out, weddings etc!!

Very worth it :-)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by sullyPDX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product is genius! I loathe waterproof mascaras, and this allows me to wear my Diorshow Black Out (non waterproof) and not worry about it smudging all over my under-eye area. I find that it works best once the mascara is dry, to set your mascara in place. I tried it once on my brows, but didn't like how it worked there. It was too much and flaked, but works wonderfully on my lashes. I don't know how I lived without this!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by Rozz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this product and i just bought my 3 one! it keeps mye lashes nice in rainy weather and i don't feel like it is sticky or drying. and it comes of easy with a waterproof makeup remover=D to bad you can se how much product you got left tho.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product! It does what it says on the box! I use it to seal my eyebrows. It has minimal ingredients which is good news for me as I'm super sensitive to anything I put on my skin. I use it with Clarins eyebrow pencil and it stays put all day even in the rain and where I'm at the moment we have a lot of rain! I've just bought my third tube. I strongly recommend it.