L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner

3.8

Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyesters-5, Alcohol Denat., Trilaureth 4 Phosphate, Acacia (Acacia Senegal Gum), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): D&C Black No. 2 (CI 77266).

on 5/31/2014 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is a very easy to use, very black, easy to remove eyeliner. You can draw thin or thick lines with ease. THe applicator is great .The cons are that this has a somewhat shiny finish to it, and it tends to flake and rub off easily if you touch it.
EDIT: The staying power is not that great. It flakes off within around 5 hours and if you lightly pat your eyes, it's gone. I have to be careful when I wear this. Not a bad eyeliner but probably would not repurchase...though the applicator makes me want to rethink that.

on 4/25/2014 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

L'Oreal must really enjoy confusing the heck out of people with their liquid liners. I've seen these called "Line Intensifique" and "Lineur Intense" which is confusing (try googling pics). Perhaps it has to do with which country it's being marketed in... I used to use and love the "Lineur Intense" with the brush tip, but I guess I loved it so much that I eventually grew allergic to it. (*sobs*) Strangely, I CAN use the felt tip one with no problems and it is rather decent IMO. The longish felt tip does make it easier to make a sweeping motion across the eyelid and does make the "cat eye" easier to do. I find this dries fairly quickly and I love the deep dark black. The only thing I'm not crazy about is that you do have to keep dipping into the 'tube' to reload your 'wand', and the slightly rounded tip makes it harder to do those really uber precise lines, and these do run out a lot faster than the brush tip ones (which I know can last over a year if you let them... I know I've dated one before and had to toss it after *many* months - I won't admit just how many - just because I'd had it for so long and I felt guilty for how long I had it, and not because it was showing any signs of drying out. All the writing had worn off by the time it was chucked). I used that thing *every* day too...

So to review, I do find this to be a pretty good liner, especially if you like dark and dramatic. It's not THE best though IMO.

on 4/10/2014 8:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this eyeliner on a whim after my Artliner ran out. I paid $11 CAD for it at my local drugstore, which I guess isn't bad, but it's still a bit pricey for a drugstore item. I honestly think that this is extremely similar to the Lancôme Artliner which I LOVE. I have extremely oily eyelids, and this literally stays all day for me. No fading or smudging. I always prefer felt tips when it comes to eyeliners, and the tip is the perfect size. The colour payoff of the eyeliner is also lovely, it's a nice dark, deep black colour. Extremely easy to use, and looks absolutely amazing. I couldn't ask for more in a drugstore eyeliner, going to definitely purchase this again.

on 4/6/2014 5:59:00 PM

Probably my favorite eyeliner ever. For daily use at least. Glides on easy. And it's super effortless in terms of making the perfect wing. I love it.

on 4/5/2014 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This would be perfect if it just lasted longer. It's easy to use and nicely pigmented but fades by the end of the day. Still it's better than most.

on 4/5/2014 1:52:00 AM

A great eyeliner for beginners! A big issue is that it's easily removable. Slight touches can make it come right off.

on 3/31/2014 2:42:00 AM

I have been using this eyeliner on a daily basis for years and years. I have no idea what I would ever do if they discontinued it! The black is the blackest I have ever found in a drugstore liquid eyeliner. I have tried brush liquid eyeliners but find that the felt tip is so much easier, especially since I frequently wear a winged tip. Only negatives are that it is not waterproof (which is a positive when it comes to washing your face) and and every once and a while I get a bad liner where the formula is a bit wrong and watery and I have to apply a few times for the desired darkness.

on 3/16/2014 12:25:00 AM

this product was kind of expensive for me since it was $8 and only held 1.5mL but I would definitely repurchase since it stayed on my eyelids really well. I have insanely oily eyelids yet this managed to stay. it did fade after 8 hours or so, like after school, but for it having to deal with my eyelids I cant complain. it doesnt smudge or flake which is great. I accidently once wiped my eyes with a kleenex and after it was still perfect. its really easy for me to create a winged eyeliner look with this. the only cons this product had was the tip curved a bit after a while and that it didnt have that much product but other wise its amazing

on 3/8/2014 1:16:00 PM

I got a hold of this thinking that since L'oreal is the parent company of Maybelline and this practically looks like my HG Maybelline Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Liner, I thought this would perform with the same quality if not better. I was sorely mistaken. While the applicator is exactly the same, the product itself was surprisingly not very pigmented in comparison. This applied streaky, watered down, and grayish, and I would have to draw over it at least twice to get the intensity of black that I could get with one line of the Maybelline twin, sometimes resulting in a blotchy, thicker line than I wanted in the first place.

When I mess up with this eyeliner, it's not as forgiving as the Maybelline formula, which comes off in clean flakes with only water whereas the L'oreal one smears and smudges and leaves gray stains on my templates trying to wipe it off. I have to break out extra makeup remover to correct my mistakes. Despite being staining during my mistakes, this eyeliner doesn't last hardly as long as the Maybelline counterpart; I blame the lower pigmentation on top of my oily lids, but this liner fades so fast and barely lasts me half a work day.

I continued use of this eyeliner and am about to run out of product, but the only way I've really gotten use out of this is to use it to draw over cream/pencil liners and set all liners and intensify them. It's a pain to use on its own though, considering its pigmentation drawbacks.

on 2/18/2014 11:09:00 PM

This liner was just not a good match for me. It seemed as if the tip didn't hold alot of pigment on it and I had to keep dipping back into the liquid more than usual. I also felt that the tip didn't glide as smoothly as I was expecting. Disappointed due to all the rave reviews of this product.