April 17, 2014 | 1873 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Moisture

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by coffeedogsmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I usually use Burt's Bees chapsticks, but decided to try this one because alot of people rave about it. It really is pretty nice, I'm impressed. I bought the dark blue tube variety. The light blue tube contains sunscreen (chemical) and I can't use avobenzone. Anyhow, I'm loving that it doesn't feel waxy. After using Burt's for so long, I guess I just got used to that beeswax feeling. When you first apply this Nivea product, it does feel like you sort of splashed your mouth with water or something. (I know that sounds weird) Not cooling or minty or anything, just.... refreshing? Literally, a kiss of moisture. Duh. It does have a baby powder smell but it's very faint and then disappears. I like the packaging too, a very basic tube, no bells or whistles, easy to advance the product + apply. Will definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by spikemare

It works fairly quickly, especially in these months where I need it most. I don't use lip balm that much, but this is really good for when I do. Also pretty good for under lip gloss. I don't even feel the need to reapply after a while, since my lips stay hydrated for a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 7:58:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this as a balm to put on under lipstick or gloss because it sinks in quickly and leaves your lips smooth. That being said, this is for normal lips needing a slight moisture boost, not for lips needing any kind of extra healing, medication, or protection. It's winter now so I'm not currently using this product, but I do not recall any discernible or annoying smell or taste. It is good at what it does, especially if I apply a thin layer, wait a few minutes, then apply another thin layer. This earns just 4 lippies because I go through a tube so quickly. I recommend this balm for use in warm weather, under other lip products, or for lips that don't need a lot of help.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:51:00 AM More reviews by tbabi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this I instantly loved it. Then I lost it and forgot about it and saw it at the store again and figured I'd try it again. Sometimes I feel like my lips get used to products and stop working the way they once did but this hasn't happened. I've tried a million different lip treatments and this one I love and works every time. It is very moisturizing and lasts long which is important because I hate reapplying the same thing over and over again. The only other lip treatments I use and know works for me is Blistex Lip Medex and Aveeno Intense Relief Medicated Therapy when my lips are really busted. So now I can add Nivea A Kiss of Moisture to the list too. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by adeleseddie

mousturizing and long lasting 2 of the most important things defiantly awesome

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by hiiixox3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lip balm! I would say it is probably my favorite lip balm. It's a bit thick, however, the staying power (at least for me) is great. I have not much to say, but great things about this product. There is a slight vanilla-esque scent and leaves your lips absolutely kissable. I have repurchased this product a few times, in a few of its variations and I will continue to repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by chimmy171

This stuff works great. I don't have constantly reapply. It keeps my lip from getting chapped. It doesn't taste or smell gross.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by kaaary

i'm not a fan of it, i think it's too "slimy" if that makes any sense. it's definitely long lasting, as you can feel the layer of lip balm on your lips for hours, but if you decide to wipe it off or once it's gone from eating/drinking or whatever you lips will feel really dry and you'll be reaching for something else to put on your lips. i've given this lipbalm many tries over the years, this is probably by third tube but i've never been that satisfied with it. i don't recommend it, i like blistex mint much better :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own almost all the Nivea "kiss of whatever" lipbalms and love almost all of them. The Kiss of Moisture in the dark blue tube is by far my favorite out of the bunch because it it intensely moisturizing. I love reapplying it because it feel like rubbing a stick of butter on your lips. That came off as gross, I know, but if you really want a true "lip butter" for your lips, I strongly suggest everyone to purchase this one in particular at least once in their life. Come on people! Butter for your lips! haha :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by ArtisticEyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really love this lip balm! The moisture is perfect for my dry lips from the cold. It feels soft on the lips, not waxy. There are complaints of an odd taste, it is there. But it keeps me from licking my lips and cancelling it out, so it's great for me.