August 1, 2014 | 2027 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Moisture

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by laoisnum1

In general, I've heard and read favorable things about Nivea's lip balm, but I have to say that it did not work for me at all! The primary problem for me is the lack of moisturization. I would apply the product to my chapped lips and within an hour, I would be peeling dead skin and caked up product from my lips. At one point, my lips were so dry after using this product, they bled. Also, I find this balm to be very waxy and I just felt as if I was rubbing a coating of wax on my lips and nothing was sinking in. While I do agree that the packaging of the product is eye-catching, I'll just stick to plain 'ole Chapstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this chapstick. It has a great consistency, as it is not too thick/excessive when a layer is applied and its not too thin.
Oh and the scent! I love it. It is very subtle but I cant quite describe it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by twistlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

My lips were flaky and red after 2 days because i used lipstick that made my lips have a reaction to it , so i went to a drugstore to buy lip balm, was going to get the nivea lemon and olive oil one but they were sold out , so i got this one i like this a lot. it last though a can of soda, and keeps my lips moist for 3 hours . My lips were in good condition after 1 hour of wearing it. Buying again .

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by lk1119

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favorite chapstick/lip balm I've ever tried. My lips are very full and they can get chap easily every so often. It's a must have for me to have a chapstick that isn't too sticky or waxy and actually moisturizes my lips. This moisturizes my lips and it makes my lips very nice and soft looking. You can't go wrong either because it's very inexpensive. I've also tried the light blue one (A Kiss of Smoothness) and that works nicely too but the dark blue one (A Kiss of Moisture) is by far my favorite out of the two.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by coffeedogsmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I usually use Burt's Bees chapsticks, but decided to try this one because alot of people rave about it. It really is pretty nice, I'm impressed. I bought the dark blue tube variety. The light blue tube contains sunscreen (chemical) and I can't use avobenzone. Anyhow, I'm loving that it doesn't feel waxy. After using Burt's for so long, I guess I just got used to that beeswax feeling. When you first apply this Nivea product, it does feel like you sort of splashed your mouth with water or something. (I know that sounds weird) Not cooling or minty or anything, just.... refreshing? Literally, a kiss of moisture. Duh. It does have a baby powder smell but it's very faint and then disappears. I like the packaging too, a very basic tube, no bells or whistles, easy to advance the product + apply. Will definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by spikemare

It works fairly quickly, especially in these months where I need it most. I don't use lip balm that much, but this is really good for when I do. Also pretty good for under lip gloss. I don't even feel the need to reapply after a while, since my lips stay hydrated for a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 7:58:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this as a balm to put on under lipstick or gloss because it sinks in quickly and leaves your lips smooth. That being said, this is for normal lips needing a slight moisture boost, not for lips needing any kind of extra healing, medication, or protection. It's winter now so I'm not currently using this product, but I do not recall any discernible or annoying smell or taste. It is good at what it does, especially if I apply a thin layer, wait a few minutes, then apply another thin layer. This earns just 4 lippies because I go through a tube so quickly. I recommend this balm for use in warm weather, under other lip products, or for lips that don't need a lot of help.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:51:00 AM More reviews by tbabi

When I first bought this I instantly loved it. Then I lost it and forgot about it and saw it at the store again and figured I'd try it again. Sometimes I feel like my lips get used to products and stop working the way they once did but this hasn't happened. I've tried a million different lip treatments and this one I love and works every time. It is very moisturizing and lasts long which is important because I hate reapplying the same thing over and over again. The only other lip treatments I use and know works for me is Blistex Lip Medex and Aveeno Intense Relief Medicated Therapy when my lips are really busted. So now I can add Nivea A Kiss of Moisture to the list too. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by adeleseddie

mousturizing and long lasting 2 of the most important things defiantly awesome

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by hiiixox3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lip balm! I would say it is probably my favorite lip balm. It's a bit thick, however, the staying power (at least for me) is great. I have not much to say, but great things about this product. There is a slight vanilla-esque scent and leaves your lips absolutely kissable. I have repurchased this product a few times, in a few of its variations and I will continue to repurchase it.