October 30, 2014 | 1687 users online

Polishes - OPI - Tickle my France-y

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Brightji

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Needs 3 coats to be fully opaque, but dries extremely slowly and constantly wrinkles underneath my quick dry topcoat, even after quite a bit of drying on its own. The colour is coolish mauvey neutral. Not worth the trouble, just redid my nails for the 3rd time.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Seyb3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a lovely, non-shimmery nude and the colour is great as you can have nice looking nails without it being too noticeable - perfect for work! Only problem was I found it took a loong time to dry :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A wonderful all-purpose, non-shimmery nude that works perfectly for every occasion. I have longish nails and work in a very professional enviroment. This is just wonderful. Feminine, not loud. I am quite fair and this works wonderfully on me. The color is a little darker than my nail bed, but it's pretty sheer, so it blends right in with my fingers if I'm wearing just on coat. My mom has beautiful hands and in th 70s and 80s she wore a color just like this. I always admired her neutral nails and I've been searching in vain for the perfect nude of my own. I think the search is over. I have over 20 nude nailpolishes in my collection, and this is my favorite without shimmer/glitter.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by astrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this neutral shade!!! It's so hard to find a nude shade that isn't too pale or too peachy. My manicurist told me to try it. In the bottle it looked like a purple / grey color that I thought would look terrible on me. It actually blends right in with my skin, making my fingers appear longer (my skin tone is fair-medium). If they ever discontinue this color, I will start hoarding it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by MalaanB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this nude color. It's extremely professional and works well with dealing with seniors. However, underneath there is the reminder that it was the runway signature color that year and the twinge of brown in encouraging.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by ltnla

This polish underscores what I already knew -- that "nude" or "natural" (polishes, lipsticks) are usually the hardest to come by. I had high hopes for this since it seems to work on so many different skin tone. The color of the polish is about half a shade darker than my nail bed -- so you'd think that it would give me natural/polished looking hands. Instead, I now understand what people mean by "dirty hands". One coat is not great, but not terrible, but two makes my hands look... dirty? aged? Formula is OK only, a bit stringy in my opinion. Not sure if this will help anyone, but the nude/neutral polishes that work on me are: Zoya Cho and Orly Pure Porcelain (two pretty different polishes, one pulling pink and other pulling yellow). I've found good use for this though -- I use it in addition to a base coat whenever I use dark nail polishes, or really, just about anything other than very sheer or light polishes, to prevent staining. Seems to work. Wouldn't repurchase though.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by liews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

So many people already described the shade, so i'm not gonna bother going into that as i am pretty bad at it anyway.

I also own 'Barefoot in Barcelona', and Tickle my France-y is imo, just a shade lighter than it, so i was kinda bummed that i bought two polishes of almost the same shade. (Btw i bought from online with little research on the shade that's why)

However, Tickle my France-y suited my light skin tone so much more than Barefoot in Barcelona did, so it wasn't so bad.

Formula is, imo, quite watery. When i used it for the first time it actually dripped from half of the applicator while i was applying it onto my nail. Could be have been my fault for not realising that it was dripping but i have never encountered problems like that before.

Overall its a pretty shade and would always wear it on days i don't know what i want on my nails. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by swatters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yuck, yuck, yuck. This is the ugliest color. I can't believe this is in the "top 10" OPI set. Luckily, I didn't buy the full bottle, I only used the mini that came in the multipack. Did I get a bum bottle? Maybe. But it looked like I was a dead corpse that had just been embalmed. It might look ok on someone with very, very dark skin. But probably not. Gross!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by stls

I agree with the review below about how the lighting affects this color. I'm very fair and it's not a nude shade for me. I like it more when it's bright daylight because it looks more mauve, indoors it's more brownish which is not my fave.
It's a unique one nevertheless. Got two compliments the first time I wore it.
I believe three coats are best but you can get away with two as well. The brush and the formula are great as always!

Update after almost a year: up to 5 lipsticks an would repurchase. This shade has really grown on me. It's just too elegant and unique to ignore. On top of that I'm a red or nude nail polish kind of girl and EVERYONE - strangers, family, boyfriend, all of my friends repeatedly - keeps noticing and complementing this particular shade. I never knew a nail polish can draw that many comliments.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by PetitOwl

The lighting really affects what this color looks like. It can look like a light mocha color, a cool toned dusty pink, or a brownish / grayish lilac. Surprisingly, the color always looks good with my skintone no matter the lighting. I own both Tickle My France-y and Dulce de Leche, and I find that TMF looks better on me than Dulce de Leche. The skin on my hands sometimes get reddish, and Dulce de Leche doesn't go well with that. I'm Asian with medium-light skin.
As for the formula, I get satisfactory coverage with 2 coats. There is a bit of VNL if you look really hard, but it is not very obvious at all. I used TMF right after taking off some dark polish that left my nails a bit stained. Unfortunately, TMF is not completely opaque and some discoloration showed through. Thus I would recommend a white base coat if your nails are super stained. I had thought streaking would be a problem since the first coat looked really thin, but it wasn't. Both the color and the formula was quite good.