October 30, 2014 | 1667 users online

Fragrances - Parlux - Jessica Simpson - Fancy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fancy has always been a comfort fragrance for me. At the end of the day, when I've scrubbed off my power perfumes, my fragrances I've reviewed and I want to luxuriate in something comfortable and soft, Fancy is one that comes to mind.
At the top are bitter pear and apricot notes to get past. I can live with that as they dissipate quickly within the first ten minutes and I get a sense of gardenia mixed with vanilla almost immediately right after. It soon turns into a creamy caramel gourmand that radiates decently but not overbearingly. The woods and the amber mix well to complete Fancy into a wonderful cool weather fragrance that's great for lounging, snuggling, having fun or resting. This is a well-blended mix I've turned to more often that I thought I would.
For the price point, this is a sweet deal at local discount stores. Longevity is excellent, lasting quite a few hours.
Put on an over-sized sweater, a comfortable pair of jeans, grab a cup of steaming hot tea and sit with the pets. Or the Significant Other. Or go walking in the colorful Fall leaves scrunching them underfoot. This is a perfume to wear when you're in a mood to have fun. This can be quite sweet, so for those vanilla and caramel lovers, go ahead and enjoy!
Top Notes: Pear, Apricot, Red Berries.
Middle Notes: Gardenia, Jasmine, Almond, Caramel.
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Vanilla, Amber.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Iammelody

I don't find this similar to Pink Sugar or BS fantasy. Certain notes are the same but the way it develops is completely different.
When I sniff it right from the bottle, it doesn't smell like a gourmand, but more of heavy floral. At first spray its a little sharp with a prominent pear note. On my skin, it takes a good hour before it starts to develop. Once it settles on my skin, it a warm vanilla caramel scent, that seems to radiate from my body heat, but it doesn't hover too far from me ( meaning I don't seem to have a smell cloud follow me, which I like).
To my nose, once its developed its strickly gourmand. Very bakery-like. Any fruit or floral notes don't stick around. Its warm and comforting to me.
If I was to compare it to any other fragrance, I would say Kat Von D Saint.
Its very feminine and would suit any woman who is a gourmand lover.

EDIT: while I still enjoy this fragrance, i find I have to be in the right mood for it otherwise I'm hit with a massive migrane. It really is strong and takes a long time to develop.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 4:42:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

The word Fancy is very suitable for this scent.Fancy perfume is somewhat comparable to Juicy Couture Viva la juicy due to its sweet chocolatey vanilla scent. When i first spray Fancy the perfume smells like Lychee and Jasmine. I would much prefer Fancy over Viva la juicy because Fancy has a 1,000 times better chocolately drydown where as Viva la juicy does end up smelling like burnt plastic. I really like how this Fancy perfume has a slight almond aroma. I can safely say this perfume has perfected the standard of a true delightful Gourmand Floral perfume that i have been searching for! So far Fancy is pretty good for the moment.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by xxsaphxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favourite perfume! I remember buying this based off reviews that I saw online, and I saw the 3.4oz bottle on sale for about $29 so I thought "why not?". This fragrance is absolutely beautiful! It starts off as a strong citrusy-sweet scent, which then dries down into this gorgeous vanilla, caramel and sugar cookie scent. The lasting power is incredible. I sprayed some on my jacket about a week ago and I can STILL smell it! Every time I wear this, I get at least one compliment. People always tell me how good I smell and how much they love it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 5:28:00 AM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Vanilla. Caramel. Almonds. Sugar Cookies. These are the words that someone will probably use to describe what you smell like when you wear this scent. This is my go to fall/winter scent - it is so delicious, warm and comforting. I bought a little 0.25 oz bottle of this and it lasted me a long time - this stuff is so strong that I only needed 2 sprays max. The sillage on this is also one of the best of any perfume I've ever owned! The dry down is a gourmand lovers heaven. You really can't go wrong with this if you love sweet sugary fragrances. I can't wear this in the heat though - something about this just seems suffocating if worn outside of cold weather. Jessica Simpson perfumes are surprisingly great quality and Fancy is proof!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by AndreaMCA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this on at Macy's without even knowing what perfume it was I just loved it and had to go back to Macy's to see who it was by. I was very suprised that it is Jessica Simpson. I usually don't buy celebrity perfumes but this one smells so yummy and is just a nice sweet but not to sweet pleasent scent. I'm sure I will be getting it for Mother's Day since my hubby liked the scent too. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by melissa1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

So Britney Spears - Fantasy is one of my favourite gourmand scents I wanted to try something that wasn't so 'common' and a little different. From all the reviews 'Fancy' seemed the one to go for. I went ahead and bought it blind, what a mistake :-( This really does not work with my body chemistry at all!! On first notes it appeared very sour almost like a horrible body odour, I could smell a slight whiff of caramel but it just really didn't sit well on my skin. I was hoping the dry down would be better but nope, still an icky sour smell overpowering the sweetness which alot of people talk of. Now I get musky undertones which isn't as bad but I'm so disappointed that I haven't found a new gourmand holy grail, back to the generic Fantasy I go. I was lucky enough to swap this with a lady in Frangtica today for another of my HG scents, delice l'epices thank goodness!! Spicy apple pie and cinnamon here I come. Sorry Fancy you didn't live upto expectations

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Despite the fact that I'm usually reaching for citrus/clean scents this time of year, the weather has me yearning for soft, comforting scents. I used up all my Brittany Spears Fantasy and thought so I needed something new. After reading the reviews for this I thought I might just like it. In my opinion, I like it better than Fantasy and here's why: it is creamier and not quite as loud as Fantasy. I believe there is a caramel note in this one whereas Fantasy has more of a cotton candy vibe to me. This sits closer to the skin on me. I detect a tiny bit of floral but it's primarily a soft caramel-vanilla scent on me, perfect for what I was looking for. Is it fancy by my definition? Absolutely not but it's sweet and creamy without smelling like it was created for a teenager. I think it's also a vanilla that can be worn in the warmer months as it doesn't seem to "bloom" the way heavier perfumes can in the heat. I can see many age groups enjoying this little gem. Good job, Jess!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by jennybee71

I first smelled this on a friend & was surprised when she told me what it was! I purchased a bottle very inexpensively on ebay and am enjoying it. On me, it's similar to Angel or Chopard's Wish without the evergreen and patchouli notes. It definitely has a young feel to it and I'd call it a gourmand/oriental. I can see myself sharing this with my daughter and getting more use out of Fancy Nights personally, as it's loaded with patchouli and that's more me. For the price and bottle esthetic though, Fancy is a great deal and garners lots of compliments!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by tinkerbell1019

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this online after reading the reviews. At first I wasn't too sure if i liked it or not but it has grown on me. Its not overly sweet to me as some people find. The smell lingers all day and I can definitely smell it on my bed sheets the next morning. The bottle design is a bit tacky but for the price its totally worth it. I would def repurchase again.