August 27, 2014 | 945 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - TURBOLASH-All Effects Motion Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Madelyn54

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought this product on a whim at Nordstroms- I love it. I bought the gold because I have enough black mascaras. I used my Chanel Extracils Black mascara first (I have dark brown hair and hazel eyes) then applied with excitement the Gold Turbolash.. Wow ! my lashes looked camera ready . Really . I don't ever curl them but the formula gave my lashes more heft and length and oops I almost forgot :curl. Yes it is nearly perfect. I am a professional woman - (for many years ) so the cost is not an issue . I routinely use Chanel Black with Guerlain colored mascara over it. So this Turbolash is special. I will buy black the next time I'm in the store (soon).
The SA assembled it for me .
i highly recommend this exciting new product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaCB

The Estee Lauder Turbolash mascara wand starts vibrating while it is being unscrewed to open it, which I think may waste some of the battery life (with some other vibrating mascaras, there is a small conveniently located button to push that makes it vibrate). The brush is a classic, tapered brush with many stiff bristles. I think the brush worked pretty well. The formula is thin and light weight. This is a great lengthening mascara, and it really defines your lashes- no clumping. However, it does not add any volume, and it claims to be curling but it actually made the curl in my lashes droop a little (curled them before applying the mascara). No flaking, a little smudging in the corner of my eye towards the end of the day. I think this is a very average mascara, but its sold at a very high price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by hezeru80

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Luv this! The assembly was straight forward enough, you click the motor part onto the handle of the wand, put out the plastic tab protecting the battery, and it vibrates whenever the wand is open, and shuts down when the tube is twisted close. What I love about this mascara is it gives me the longest lashes ever, probably 150% of lengthening (Lancome Virtuose was 2nd), curls (which held for 1/2 day), really dramatic black finish, and NO SMUDGING, even after a whole day's wear still no panda eyes. Seperates with no clumping. People can tell you are wearing mascara cos it makes your lashes look just so darn gorgeous, but not in a trashy spidery way. Then when I washed my face it came off easily enough, What I wish I did try though, is to try the mascara first before clicking the motor on, cos I wonder if it would still achieve the same results without the vibration? but now that the motor is assembled I am too scared to take it apart in case I break it, then it'll be an expensive experiment! Anyway, those with curious souls out there can try it and tell me. I am flying in a few days and already planning to pick up a second one at duty free on the way home cos I wanna use it everyday from now on. Pity Strawberrynet doesnt have it yet eh?? Sure would be more affordable to get then.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

Now, I didn't get the original TurboLash, I got the new Winter '09 version. This version, instead of being a black formula, it's a gold formula. That's right, gold. Basically, it was a metallic mascara that was a bronzey gold color. I thought I would love this based off the reviews here for the original TurboLash, the fact that I love gold, and I normally get mascara in brown, because I'm blonde and I feel like Black is too dark for me, so, I thought this would be perfect (I'm starting to like black mascara more).

This mascara was weird because I had to pretty much assemble it, which was awkward. Then, it starts vibrating once you make the first twist, which means it's automatically vibrating, so, that's good...but awkward. The gold formula on my lashes honestly did nothing. I expected so much more out of it. The actual mascara did close to nothing. It defined my lashes and lengthened a little. For $32 though, I want the most luxurious lashes I've ever had, 24k lashes since this was gold. lol.

Basically, I'm returning this and picking up the DoubleWear Light instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by aligator

I love love love this mascara!!! I have short straight lashes and this mascara not only curls but lengthens beautifully!! The vibrating wand makes this mascara really amazing.. I only buy TurboLash when there is a gift with purchase because it is really expensive at $32 a tube!! It is definitely worth it to me because I don't need to curl my lashes anymore and it save me sooo much time in the morning.. Can't stop, won't stop!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 1:52:00 AM More reviews by gribble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice enough formula, little clumping, no flaking. But the vibration gizmo is just as I predicted = pointless. The vibration starts up as soon as you unscrew the mascara, and can be felt by your hand but barely moves to the end of the wand and the brush. I pressed it into the base of my lashes and still didn't really feel much "oscillating" action there. I personally cannot justify the price of this mascara, when there are plenty of cheaper ones out there that do just as good a job. (Thankfully, I got it for free!)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by samphire1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Read an article by the fabulous Mary Greenwell (make-up artist to the stars et al) she described this as her desert-island product and I think I have to agree!

Mascara seems to be of a gel formulation and does not clump (not so far anyway!) Slightly odd sensation when you first use it but once you get used to it it's great. No need for eyelash curlers at the moment either. Also packaging is beautiful.

It is expensive but I think this one is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2009 4:03:00 AM More reviews by dustylots

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thought it could be a gimmick but this works great. It does capture lots of lashes, has good curl and length, doesn't clump or go hard and crispy. Really the only negative is the price, I paid AUS$47 at the duty free.

I don't know that it's THAT much better than Max Factor's Masterpiece Max but I do like it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2009 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Mutschi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE! This is my HG mascara and Ive tried about a hundred both he and drugstore mascaras. This lengthens my lashes unlike anything I`ve ever used. My lashes touch some of my sunglasses when I wear this...lol. At the same time the finish looks very natural. It doesn`t turn my lashes into those much hated "spider-legs" but it actually looks like I have twice as many lashes like I actually have and it does not clump one bit. If I want a more dramatic look at night there is no problem applying more layers after it has dried because unlike some other mascaras this doesn`t make the lashes dry and stiff but they stay soft and flexible with a nice glossy sheen to them.
I don`t use the vibrating function as I think that it`s kind of ridiculous but that`s me...
If you get your hands on this, try it, it`s well worth the price.
Another plus is that it lasts forever, doesn`t dry out for a LONG time (I`ve had mine for over 3 months now using it almost daily and it is still fine).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by TayTayRocks454

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I have short but already curled lashes. I love the length it gives me with the ease. I have pulled out my eyelash comb once since I have had this mascara and I have been using it for 6 months. It takes a minute to get used to because you are not going to be as steady with it since it vibrates but, over all it is a fabulous mascara!