NARS Dolce Vita

4.5

on 6/24/2012 2:42:00 AM

i LOVE THIS PRODUCT AND THANKS God I had a lighter complexion and it fitted me to the TEEE..

on 6/23/2012 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I am naturally tanned, so this appeared more of a muted old rose color on my cheeks when applied alone. If I apply it on top of my bronzer and blend, it becomes a richer coral-rose color. It is pigmented, buildable, but a little bit on the pricey side. I've had mine for a good 6 months and have'nt hit the pan yet, so $28 is pretty much worth it! I still want to purchase more NARS blushes. Not really a fan of orgasm, but looking for the perfect coralish-pinkish color.

I have this blush along with a few others form NARS. Im AA and i use this blush often. Its described as a dusty rose but after a few hours the 'dustiness' wears off and its just straight rose. On me it pulls a little mauve and I'm not sure what thats about. I guess Thats just how it looks with my skin tone. I wouldn't repurchase but thats because i really do want a dusty rose color and with no purple in it. Swatches in my profile.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been looking for a red blush to impart a Snow White flush, and that's exactly what this is. I'd avoided it based on the "dusty rose" description that made me think of my 80s era childhood bedroom walls. I suppose the description makes sense if you remove it from its interior decorating connotation -- the color is actually similar to dried red roses -- though dusty red would be a more apt description.

I haven't encountered difficulty in application. I have a Smashbox fan brush that I use for most NARS blushes that allows me to apply the densely pigmented ones lightly & precisely, imparting a natural flush.

On my skin, this is the color that I turn when I blush, which makes it not unique -- except in that it's a difficult shade to find in makeup.

on 4/1/2012 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have and love Sin and Orgasm, and this one seemed like a nice medium in between the two. Upon first glance I actually thought it would be too similar to Sin and for years I passed it by until seeing a review on here.
The color is very, very natural, super close to what I look like when I flush (except a little less purple, so a little less ugly!). However, it's kind of touch to apply, even more so than Exhibit A. It's very, very easy to apply way too much, and if your skin is slightly tacky (moisturizer, sunscreen) it will blotch like crazy. I try to be sure to put extra powder over my cheek bones and use a super fluffy blush brush versus the relatively dense tapered one I have for Sin and Orgasm.
Bottom line: the color is great, but it's a PITA.

on 2/29/2012 11:56:00 AM

I purchased this from Sephora yesterday and I love it. It's a gorgeous color and actually shows up on my skin - gives me a nice pop of color instead of just blending into my skin like so many blushes seem to do. It's on the expensive side for a pan of blush, but is very pigmented, so a little goes a long way and it will last a long time.

on 2/20/2012 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

First NARS blush. I literally sat in sephora for a half hour trying to decide which one, and I'm glad I decided on this one. It's a matte, which I love. No sparkles. Not pink or peachy. A lovely rosy/toasty color. Perfect for all skin colors.

on 1/31/2012 7:17:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I love love love this blush, especially in the fall and winter time. It gives you a very youthful and healthy look, like you've just been for a walk outside. I love the pigmentation, texture, lasting power, and colour of this blush. I would definitely recommend this blush to anyone that is willing to pay the hefty price. I would repurchase this blush, but I can't see myself running out of this product any time soon since you need so little due to the amazing pigmentation!

on 1/20/2012 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i think its been well established that nars makes excellent blushes, but i still feel the need to state how great this shade is in particular. its not too red, not too peachy, it manages to look entirely natural, but also really sophisticated. the first time i put this on i thought, "oh, that's how blush is supposed to look."

on 12/31/2011 9:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Updated December 28, 2013:
I got this blush again in the recent Nordstrom's anniversary NARS pallete and decided to give it another try. I'm not sure what is different now two years later but this really works for me. I find that I have to use the Mac 187 (or a similar skunk style brush) in order for it to go on just right.. it looks beautiful now, a nice alternative to my usual peachy pink Orgasm type blushes!
My original review December 31, 2011:
Wanted this to work for me but sadly it looked ruddy/muddy and not at all flattering so I had to return it :(

Popular Blush Products