August 22, 2014 | 1218 users online

Blush - NARS - Dolce Vita

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by NHarbison

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this from Sephora yesterday and I love it. It's a gorgeous color and actually shows up on my skin - gives me a nice pop of color instead of just blending into my skin like so many blushes seem to do. It's on the expensive side for a pan of blush, but is very pigmented, so a little goes a long way and it will last a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by shestudieslaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First NARS blush. I literally sat in sephora for a half hour trying to decide which one, and I'm glad I decided on this one. It's a matte, which I love. No sparkles. Not pink or peachy. A lovely rosy/toasty color. Perfect for all skin colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by CamR

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this blush, especially in the fall and winter time. It gives you a very youthful and healthy look, like you've just been for a walk outside. I love the pigmentation, texture, lasting power, and colour of this blush. I would definitely recommend this blush to anyone that is willing to pay the hefty price. I would repurchase this blush, but I can't see myself running out of this product any time soon since you need so little due to the amazing pigmentation!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i think its been well established that nars makes excellent blushes, but i still feel the need to state how great this shade is in particular. its not too red, not too peachy, it manages to look entirely natural, but also really sophisticated. the first time i put this on i thought, "oh, that's how blush is supposed to look."

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Updated December 28, 2013:
I got this blush again in the recent Nordstrom's anniversary NARS pallete and decided to give it another try. I'm not sure what is different now two years later but this really works for me. I find that I have to use the Mac 187 (or a similar skunk style brush) in order for it to go on just right.. it looks beautiful now, a nice alternative to my usual peachy pink Orgasm type blushes!
My original review December 31, 2011:
Wanted this to work for me but sadly it looked ruddy/muddy and not at all flattering so I had to return it :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by 11Bambi

Another purchase from my Strawberrynet haul, this blush is not my fav from the Nars collection. In saying that it is still excellent quality - great colour payoff, so much so that I had to be very light-handed to avoid it looking like a smack in the face. It is def a brownish-pink on me, and stays true til after lunch (I'm oily so always have to re-apply anyways). I think I will learn to like it, and will def use it when I want a sophisticated, minimal shimmer look - but does not rank as highly as some of the other colours for me (Desire, Orgasm, Sin) so that's the only reason for not repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by mchoi1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is my HG blush. the search is over :) i will still continue to purchase more blushes in my lifetime, b/c i am a blush whore...but i've finally found THE one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Fiammetta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was yearning for a soft matte berry-colored blush for the fall, so I felt like this was calling to me every time I walked past it in Sephora. I haven't been disappointed in a NARS blush yet, so I figured why not.

I'm a NC20, tending towards NC15 in the cold months-- and yet I find this blush highly wearable. I either use a stippling blush or angled blush brush, but for me the secret is buffing at the edges with a kabuki brush or even my foundation brush (even better if there's still some foundation left on it). The texture is amazing, and yes, it's very highly pigmented. Once sheered out, it looks like a lovely cool flush that lasts for several hours. This is a cold weather staple for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Don't get me wrong I love Nars blushes but for some reason I am just not liking Dolce Vita maybe I haven't used it enough to make a proper opinion but this works well on warm golden olive skin but for me it goes muddy and im not a pale person. The color is described as a dusty desert rose and that is spot on but this is matte and its suppose to provide the warm just flushed coming in from the cold but I use exhibit a for that. For the warm dusty rose color I prefer Taos as its pinker to this but I am going to test it out for another couple of days otherwise back to sephora it goes. Sad I never thought there would be a day I wouldn't rate a nars blush a 5 :/

update: so I did end up taking this back it just wasn't working for me too hard to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by BeautyMISFIT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

IF YOU DON'T HAVE A "LIGHT HAND" DO NOT BUY THIS BLUSH. So many people rave about the color and the look it gives to the skin and that's great! I agree! BUT..this blush isn't easy to work with. Stippling brushes, doesn't matter in my opinion, u have to almost not touch it at all in order to not look burnt!! I'm nc44/45 and this blush is atomic!!

NOW, with that being said, I figured out how to make it work for me because when applied correctly, it is a great blush..but for me personally, I don't want to have to work that hard to apply blush. I feel like less pigmented blushes are better for me, I don't get hung up on having to build up the coverage of a blush, to me that offers more control. Won't have to buy again because u will have this blush for the rest for ur life!!!