October 21, 2014 | 1854 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Hadew1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This lip balm has my absolute favor texture ever. It glides onto lips without being too thin or greasy, has long staying power, and imparts a subtle cherry tint that works perfectly with my heavily pigmented lips. Also, it tastes delicious. If you need heavy-duty lip care, try Nivea "Kiss of Recovery;" if your lips are dry but not bleeding, try this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm a sucker for rose-tinted lip balms! Here in the Netherlands it's sold as Labello Fruity Shine Cherry SPF10. It's not really red as some others have mentioned, it's really pink, but a natural looking colour indeed, but a little streaky unfortunately... It's not as good as the rosy tinted one from Vaseline, which is by far my favorite lip balm, but because this one has spf it still rates very high IMO. Price is a bit higher than the Vaseline one, but it's still far cheaper than the Burt's Bees ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by lolicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just to be clear, the product I'm rating is Nivea A Kiss of Cherry (Fruity Lip Care Sunscreen SPF 10) I love, love, love it! I love the subtle sheer red color, it looks natural and glossy, perfect for an everyday hint of color. I'll love this in the summer. The packaging is sturdy too. These are way better than Maybelline Baby Lips which I hate. I bought this at Walgreens, regular price $3, on sale for $2, plus I used a $1 off coupon! I'd pay the full amount though b/c they're pretty awesome. ***For night time moisture w/ no SPF, I use Nivea Lip Butters in the tins (same price) and love them too! ***

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lip balm. As others have stated, it is super moisturizing and gives a sheer tint of red. When I want to do a treatment, I use a homemade coconut oil and granulated sugar mixture to exfoliate and then follow with this product. Heals my lips and makes them look kissable!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by msmodular27

They changed the formula, and I am so sad for it. A Kiss of Flavor (no SPF) has been replaced by A Kiss of Cherry (SPF10). RIP!
It used to be more of a matte, reddish stain that was still moisturizing. It was amazing, cheap, and different. I owned 2 at a time for years just to make sure I always had one with me.
Now it's a generic, sparkly/glossy pink-y product. It's nicely moisturizing, sure, and has SPF, great, but I really care more about how something looks on. This looks whatever.
If anyone has a suggestion of something comparable to the old formulation, I'd love to hear it!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Sam3215

This is blood red! Its not moisturizing, and the packaging is annoying

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the fruity shine cherry. It's okay, the color is very sheer and it doesn't moisturize well, my lips are dry again within an hour. I don't remember even eating anything during that hour. I feel that the Labello Cherry (owned by the same company but sold elsewhere) has a lot more color payoff. My lips are noticeably redder with the Labello one but not with the Nivea one so I think the formulas vary between countries. I would not repurchase Nivea's version.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by adriennewines

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this lip product. It moisturizes very well and it provides a burst of cherry color. Not too bright but still enough to show up. The color looks good on me so I like that too. But I'm pretty fair. :D Fair skinned that is...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All around great lip balm with a hint of red to give you that youthful yet natural lip flush. Perfect for that fresh and soft look. I purchased for a dollar at CVS because I had a coupon and it was on sale as well - what a steal! I like that it has SPF as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by M1RACLE

I got this for a dollar at Walmart and it's like my lips but better and it perks up my face just enough (since it's a MLBB lip balm) and great for minimal makeup days. It doesn't smell as nice as the strawberry one in my opinion but it's still a good scent. I find this to be less oily compared to the strawberry one which makes this a better choice for me if I need added moisture.