September 16, 2014 | 1503 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - AGE Smart multivitamin thermafoliant

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by missnat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh, the thrill of discovering a new HG! The 1st time I used this I was worried that it was too rough and would irritate my skin and give me an excema flare-up. Instead, it polished the heck out of my skin and left it absolutely radiant. The next day, it still looked amazing, no flare-ups, and my skin tone is strangely, wonderefully even-looks like I applied my mineral makeup when I have nothing on my face!!! I have started doing an every day routine with this to give my skin a rejuvenating blast, and, still, no irritation, justbetter and better skin! It could also be from the Multivitamin Mask, which I apply immediately after and sometimes leave on overnight, but I seem to get the great results even when I just use the Thermafoliant. My eye area wrinkles are shallower and blackheads/milia are vanishing!
It's definitely taken my skin out of its dull, accustomed to all of my anti-aging products slump and saved me from going back to out the dreaded (irritating!) Retin-A.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2011 4:22:00 AM More reviews by cassyvoss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'd read many raves about this scrub and was hoping to see some great results with it. I bought it at a local beauty salon and couldn't wait to try it. I think it's a pity my skin is not suitable for this product, perhaps I have way too dry skin and once I apply it on, it stings and I can't use it anymore. I may try and use it again after a week or two to see if it works.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by dvdfjojo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is so, so expensive for what it is.

The 'heating' element is just a gimmick but I do like to use it on dry skin to take off the flakes when I've used retin-a or aha treatments.

Your skin feels beautifully soft and flake free after using it on dry skin and moisturiser goes on like a dream afterwards.

It has a beautiful fragrance too - I love the smell of most Dermalogica products, they remind me of long, pampering spa days :-)

Won't purchase again though as far too expensive (the equivalent of $45US in the UK - will search out a good scrub with similar benefits on beautypedia or on here.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2011 9:25:00 AM More reviews by voodoo_cat07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm finding this a bit overhyped - Maybe Dermalogica products just don't work for me. The exfoliant has very fine grains, which does not feel too harsh on the skin. However, it may be because I exfoliate once a week, but I do not find this particularly more effective than any other exfoliant which I have used before. Very overpriced too, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by dashie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Really beautiful product.
Does not feel harsh on the skin, smells great, and you dont need to use much to get a good exfoliation all over the face.
The best part is, you only need to use it twice a week and it really really makes the skin feel great.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2011 6:46:00 AM More reviews by swoopingbuzzards

I borrowed this off my mum.
I loved how it heated up on contact with water and my skin feels super clean and smooth afterward!
Just be careful not to scrub too hard and you don't leave it on too long coz it will make your face go red for a little while.
It is very expensive, and not really meant for 18 year olds but I liked it and if I wasn't so poor I'd probably buy it! Hahah

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by AlexandriaAlessia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am astonished with the results i have achieved with this,i brought several months ago at duty free in Heathrow airport,used it once and then forgot about it. I rediscovered it yesterday whilst cleaning out the bathroom cabinets and decided to give it another chance,i applied to cleansed dry skin and massage in circular motions,it is very soothing and not abrasive,the particles are very fine and it really feels as if im sloughing the skin away,revealing smoother skin underneath,i rinse with luke warm water and am able to see visible results straight away,the skin tone is more even,and my skin looks smooth and glowing. I have also found that the application of my make up especially foundation is easier and lasts longer. Overtime i am seeing a difference in the texture of my skin and i am feeling much more confident in leaving the house without make up on. This is definately a miracle in a tube,i have tried many harsh microdermabrasion salon treatments and none of the results have matched this. The price tag is steep but i feel it is justifyable due to the fantastic results.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by piratefemme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

absolutely fantastic. got it for my birthday and have been using it for 6 months. I use it twice a week, but not every week. I found that if I left it on longer than two minutes, like it suggests, I got blemishes. So I stuck to the directions.

I use it dry. it really smooths and softens my skin and I use it before I go out on the town with heavier make up. I'd buy it again and again. One tube has lasted me six months. So I don't think it's that expensive!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by FillerbunnyBuddy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm not the target audience for this (my mum uses it) but I thought it might work for my dry flakey skin. If I could, I would give this a 3.5. It smells amazing and really leaves your face feeling 'polished' and incredibly fresh. However, after a couple of hours I noticed that my skin was sort of peeling. I don't scrub my face vigorously and my face never peels or flakes like it did when I used this. My face was also left red (and still peeling) for about a week. The reaction was not extreme, but it was annoying. I have tried it twice since and I still get the same reaction. I think this is simply because this product isn't for my skin type. If you have mature skin, I would say that you should definitely give a sample of this a try though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is the best scrub I have ever used! I use this a few times a week on dry skin, after I use precleanse (another fantastic product). It makes my skin ridiculously smooth and clear. Moisterizer soaks right in and I don't need to use as much.