December 19, 2014 | 1138 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Powder Duo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have always used cheap Rimmel eyebrow pencils or whatever brown eye shadow I had on hand for my brows. I am lucky in that I am fair with brown hair and dark brows that don't really require a lot of maintenance. Many days I do absolutely nothing to them. Now that I am getting older, the hairs themselves are getting lighter so I have been using this to just darken the few grays I am getting rather than pulling them out (which I was doing until the person who waxes my brows scolded me).

I really like this powder - I use dark brown. I am not sure why it is different from eyeshadow but it goes on very smoothly and a mixture of the two colors is perfect for me. It stays on all day and my brows look very natural and groomed. I started using this when I got a sample from somewhere and the sample lasted a long time even though it was just some of the powder stuck on paper so I imagine this little compact will last a long time. I am tossing the old Rimmel pencils and switching to this permanently.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 7:00:00 AM More reviews by lovedollygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The shade I use is Dark Brown. I must say I am impressed with this product. It was smudgeproof and lasts all day. The powder is very pigmented but you can build it up. The color is very natural and a good match for my hair (I have dark brown hair). The only downside is that it's not available in the country where I live and it's slightly expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by beecky

Excellent brow powder. Great colors, awesome lasting power, doesn't
cake or look unnatural. I have the color ebony and it has no warm/red tomes to it which I loooove. I have very dark, almost black, ash tones hair and ebony is the perfect shade. I enjoy that it comes with 2 color options so you can use either one or blend together to suit your liking. There's not much else to say, it's amazing ! Great color, texture, quality, and quantity ! Definite repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by blackberries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

One-word summary: AMAZING
Longer summary: CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT!

I bought this online and I chose Ebony. Thinking because I've been using Dark Brown colours or Black pencils for my brows, it makes sense to buy Ebony.

I've always been using eyeshadows and pencils (both liner and eyebrow pencils) for my brows. Basically anything BUT eyebrow shadow (like $30 CAD just for brows? Really?)

But do I totally NOT regret this purchase!!!!! ***NOTE: Ebony did NOT work for me

Ebony was WAY too dark though even though I HAVE been using dark brown for my brows. Ebony was just VERY dark brown that one mistake would make my brows look like caterpillars.

Under spotlights though (i.e. Sephora lighting), Ebony actually looked very light. In fact, I was told to try Granite... OR Medium Brown.

I switched to Medium Brown and to my surprise it's wonderful!! I am Chinese, I HAVE eyebrows, and they look light (you could say, gray) without makeup. I plucked them too much 8 years ago (high school) and I'm still growing them back (such a tragedy).

Dark colours make my eyebrows "finished" but I realize that's very unnatural. Anastasia's Medium Brown adds literally shadows (like.. "shadow" as in puppet shadow) to my brows. It's very very natural! I look like I have NO makeup, and I love it. I've never worn such light brows before but I am loving that it looks like nothing was done!

I went skiing with this (with a helmet... and I'd take the helmet off when I'm indoors, I covered my face lots on the mountain because it was so cold.. then apres-ski I wore a beanie hat. You get the picture! Basically lots of eyebrow-touching with clothing and/or gloves) and the shadow was STILL THERE! I notice it was a teenie bit rubbed off, but only **I** would notice this because I know what my natural brows look like (lol, there's a chunk missing..). MOST of the shadow (90%) was still there. Which is why this is AMAZING.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by MissNolasco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyebrow kit is really beautiful. The colours are great and the consistency is perfect for brows. I use this on weekdays (when I have work) and I always use this and it is fast and simple to use. Don't buy this if you already have full brows because it is a pricy kit and there are other dupes out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for existing. Honestly. I have an almost unhealthy obsession with my eyebrows and this powder is what I have been looking for, for years. I've used other powders, pencils, even eyeshadow. Whatever I could to give me the eyebrows I wanted and none of them even come close to the results I get from this. It's incredibly expensive, but it's worth it. Comes with a lighter and darker shade which is perfect. Pigmentation is also perfect, not too light or too heavy, which makes my eyebrows look natural instead of like I used markers to fill em in, which... looking back at old pictures of myself... went unnoticed by me for a while. Seriously though, if like me you were a little tweezer happy as a teenager and are now reaping the results of that... with thin eyebrows that need serious filling in... you cannot go wrong with this! You just can't. I will for sure be repurchasing whenever I need to.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Nataliegsno

Best brow powder ever. I love that it's two different shades because I like the first half of my brow to be lighter than the tail of my brow. You can use this powder to lightly fill in your brows or heavily fill them in. There's also a lot of product in the pan I've been using the same one for over a year now and put a little dent in it. I'll continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by eeniemeenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I bought this because Kim Kardashian claims to use this product. Her eyebrows always look impeccable so I decided to give this a try. It works well and looks natural (which is the big deal to me because I cannot stand the look of opaque brows) however, your brows should be shaped and trimmed before you use the kit for the best aesthetic effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by sonshinex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For skin color ref, I am about a NW 20-25 and my hair is black with a blonde/coppery ombre on the bottom of my hair. My brows are black as well.

I own the Anastasia brow powder in Dark Brown and it fills in beautifully when it's on my eyebrows. I have VERY full eyebrows but where my eyebrow starts it is very sparse (due to accidentally overplucking many years ago) this eyebrow duo powder is amazing! It's a two in one, one color being lighter than the other side. You use that lighter color in the beginning of your brows and slowly transition to the darker color for the tail end of your brows. The lighter color fills in the beginning of my brows so naturally perfectly but you have to make sure you're using a light hand if you have similar eyebrows like I do! It's better to build up the color rather than slapping the color to make you look like that one pill bug from Bug's Life.

I can make this natural looking for daytime makeup, or if I'm going out at night, I can darken it to make it look more dramatic. I like to take selfies before I head out and this makes my eyebrows look fabulous and awesome in pictures! Eyebrows are so important to me because they frame the face so well. Yes, price is a little high but the product is worth the price. I love it! I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Jimduhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the shade dark brown.

Packaging:
I got the new line of brow powders with the black packaging. I really like it. I love how there's a little mirror in the compact. You seldom see brow powders with that anymore! It's also really sleek and nice to look at. One thing I would like though is if there was a brush included.

Price:
I got this from Sephora for $23 and I think that it's very much worth the price. I've used this everyday for almost a year now and I still haven't hit pan on it!

Pros:
-A little goes a long way
-Great color payoff
-Great staying power
-Can be used alone or with a pencil/gel
-Matches brows perfectly
-Comes with a little mirror

Cons:
-Doesn't come with a brush
-The darker color isn't used as much as the lighter color but there's an equal amount of each color so you're left with some leftover product

Texture: Just like any other brow powder.

Smell: None

Impressions/comments:
I love this brow powder. I can confidently say that this is my HG brow product. I like my brows natural, so I use this by itself and occasionally some clear brow gel to tame my brows. Of course, you can always build this up if you want a bolder brow or to set your brow pencil. Some people complain about the colors, but this is actually perfect! Most brow powders only come in one shade. What I like about this duo is that it gives you the ability to give your brows definition. I like to use the lighter color on the first half of my brows and the dark color at the end. Trust me guys, you should try this method. When you take photos. Especially with flash, the dark end of the brow will still show up. I've had too many instances where the ends of my brows were washed out and that ceased to happen ever since I started using this product. I use this with the small angled brush from shany cosmetics, but I've been really considering getting the Anastasia brush too.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No