Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

4.6

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

With my red hair, I really didn't find anything at the drugstore to help with my brows, so I splurged a little on this great product, and I'm happy I did. It's natural looking, easy to use, and allows me to stick with one product whenever I dye my hair darker (I love how it comes with two shades that allow for "wiggle room" when it comes to darkening my hair, I don't have to buy another in a different colour) The auburn shade is perfect for me, my only complaint is the packaging. I dropped it ONCE and it split in two, with the mirror breaking off, but the powder was fine. I can still put the lid on, but I won't leave it loose in my makeup bag. The back was all scratched up within a few weeks of use, and I've noticed now that the mirror part is falling apart. This was my own mistake anyways, but just be careful with this product! I will repurchase.

on 9/1/2014 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I received a sample of this and at first I felt that it didnít show up enough or enhance my brows at all, so it stayed in my stash of sample for a long time. After a brow waxing mishap, I bought Anastasiaís Brow Wiz in Dark Brown/Brunette to fill in the large gaps. My black brown brows are naturally sparse, and Brow Wiz easily fills in the gaps. I then lightly run the included spooly (which is very stiff, if I used too much pressure with it the color would be taken right off, so light-handed is the key) over the color to soften the edges. Next I used the brow powder (in Dark Brown and I will buy a full size when I run out of the sample). Based on an online video at Allure magazineís website, I used the darker powder in the middle 2/3 of the eyebrow and to fill the large gaps and the lighter powder to go over the entire brow to blend everything together. I found that the brow pencil made the powder adhere better. Finally I finish the brows with a tinted brow gel (Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso), light-handedly coloring the actually hairs and setting the brows in place. The finished look lasts all day (even though an afternoon nap). After a couple weeks I really got the hang of application and now this routine is a part of my everyday makeup line-up. I admit itís a lot of steps and something I never thought I would commit to, but the results look like I have naturally perfect brows so I really canít complain. This powder is expensive, but the colors work so well for me that i really don't want to try out other brands. If I ever had the chance (or could afford) to have Anastasia groom my brows in person I would jump at it. I trust her and her products implicitly with my brows.

on 8/3/2014 4:19:00 PM

Love it!

on 7/22/2014 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for about 2 years now and I'm obsessed. I recently got in to filling in my brows so they are "on point" and this is perfect for that . Very natural and easy to apply. Definitely a favorite!!

on 7/18/2014 11:21:00 PM

I love this. It stays put all day and the colour is perfect. I feel like it's pretty steep in price, but for the staying power and for how long it lasts (I've had it for 3 1/2 years now and although I've hit pan in a small section there is still SOOOOO much product left...I honestly don't get it because I use it in my everyday makeup routine) I think it's 100% worth it. I do feel tempted to purchase an eyeshadow that's cheaper that could substitute for this, but I feel like it would take forever to find the perfect ashy brown colour. So pretty much I'm definitely going to repurchase this when I completely finish this. I mean it lasts FOREVER for me at least.

on 6/15/2014 10:09:00 PM

This powder duo is part of my everyday eyebrow routine. First, it is hard to beat Anastasia brow products, generally. I use this and their brow pencil and gel. I have very sparse eyebrows especially from mid eye out. I have blonde hair so I use the lightest powder color that Anastasia makes and a slanted eyeliner brush to apply it to any hair that it will catch on to. I even make it a point to put some of my foundation primer over my brows to help the powder adhere to the hair. I then fill in any areas that remain in need with the brow pencil, using short upward flicks. I finish with the gel which (I think) gives my eyebrows a bit more dimension and hold. My eyebrows look great until I take my make up off at night. These three products are my HG eyebrow products and I am never without a back up. I highly recommend them but will say that it takes some practice to perfect eyebrows that lack .... well, hair. Good luck!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Review for Dark Brown --

Color: I have medium copper/auburn hair, with very light eyebrows. I generally only use the lighter of the two shades, but I like having the option of the darker shade to pull off more dramatic looks. The light shade would work great for darker red, light brown, or dark blonde hair. The darker side of the palette would be great for dark brunette or even black hair. Very versatile.

Lifespan: I've had this for ~3 months or so, and I've only made a small dent in the shade that I use, even though the packaging is quite small.

Packaging: Speaking of packaging, I LOVE the fact that the packaging is so small (just under 2 inch diameter). I somewhat wish that there was some kind of tiny travel angled brush that tucked in to the case, but that would just make it bulky. The size makes it very easy to travel with, and I do make frequent use of the tiny mirror in the inside of the lid.

Application: I use a dry short angled liner brush by Ecotools. This gives a very natural look. No "drawn on" or unnatural looking brows for me.

Staying Power: A+. Will even still mostly be on in the morning if I don't remove it the night before.

on 6/14/2014 11:33:00 PM

I use this every single day and I love it! I haven't tried anything else but this stuff is amazing. Its really small but it has lasted me for a year and there's still a lot left. I really have nothing else to compare it to but for my asian tone, the dark brown palette is awesome.

Go to brow product. Forget pencils, this Is the most natural looking powder when applied with an angled brush.

This brow powder is glorious. I have black hair and fair skin and I use the brunette shades. It's such an excellent formula for filling in sparse areas and even drawing on eyebrows when you have nothing much there. It doesn't move at all throughout the day and it is build-able if you want the pay-off to be darker. A little thing of this stuff will last forever. The pan seems to be bottomless. I've had this for almost a year now and I have yet to see the pan. It's a high end brand and expensive for a brow powder but worth it because of the quality and quantity that you get. You go Glen Coco.

Popular Brows Products