November 24, 2014 | 1605 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by LarissaQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For a mascara that comes with a primer, its price is sensational.
I like it because I can remove the product very easily, he does not let the raccoon eyes, doen't flake and melt with time.
When removing it, it comes out like a plastic film, very easy!
The negatives to say is that it clumps very easily, can stick your lashes together (it is quite common if you are not careful) and it dries pretty quickly.
So you should have a little patience to get the best effect from it.
That's why i gave it 3 lipsticks.
It is a difficult mascara to work with, but if you are careful enough it becomes a good mascara.
i know that a lot of people don't like it because of the "clump potential" , but I do!
I usually use it when i have time to work with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by MES

I last used a two step mascara probably about 5-6 years ago but gave it up because it was time consuming. I'm always on the quest for my HG mascara. I found this quick and easy to apply as there is no dry time between stages. Surprisingly Double Extend beauty tubes is one of the most natural look mascaras I have used. It adds just enough length and volume to give lashes a little extra oomph. I tend to like very dramatic (heavy) mascara, but I find myself reaching for this a lot. The wear is excellent, doesn't flake or smudge all day. It's a bit odd to remove, but a small price to pay for not flaking

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by NonGuru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
1. The prices is really good for a mascara that comes with a primer.
2. It lengthens really well for my short lashes as well as adding quite a bit of volume.
3. It stays on pretty much all day.
4. It doesn't smudge so I never have to worry about raccoon eyes.
5. It is really easy to remove.

Cons:
1. It does dry extremely quickly so you have to work quickly. I preferably work on each eye separately so it doesn't dry as I'm putting on primer/mascara on the other eye.
2. My lashes do stick together but this can be solved by taking an eyelash brush or even just an old mascara brush that's all cleaned and brushing through your lashes while it's wet. This will separate the lashes and it will dry like that.

Other than that, the two cons are easily fixed so I would definitely buy this again once I ran out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by rasbperries

This mascara doesn't give a particularly dramatic look and can be kind of finicky to apply, but it's one of the few mascaras I can use without worrying about smudging under my eyes. When I want black mascara, this is the one I reach for. I have a real problem with eyeliners/mascaras giving me that heroin chic look a few hours into wear, and when I'm at work or if I'm out in public I don't want to have to worry about that. This mascara is a little more time to apply than a regular one, since you have to wait for the white side to dry first, and I need to curl my eyelashes when I use this which I don't usually do. The formula is pretty dry - you have to do a few coats to make sure all the white is covered and to get the full effect. Also you have to be sure you don't apply eyeliner or do anything after applying the mascara that will make your lashes stick together - because they WILL and it will ruin the effect. I did this the second or third day I used this mascara and I looked like a moron with about three eyelashes - but only on my left eye. Very attractive.

However, if you're careful with applying it does give a very nice look, decent volume - not amazing, but it's not difficult to keep eyelashes separated when you use this so it adds to the effect - and a nice amount of length. I have a few higher end mascaras and they do look a little nicer and are easier to use, sure, but they don't wear as well so I reach for this one more often. I wake up really early for work so I don't need anything adding to my already pronounced dark circles. I gave three lippies for price just because it was $13.99 in Canada (not on sale, at a pricier pharmacy) which I think is moderately terrible for a drugstore mascara. I guess you get two products in one and that's why the price is high, but L'Oreal consistently marks its products pretty high considering you can buy them at Walmart, so. I'll buy it again anyway but I'm not thrilled about the cost, hopefully next time I can find it on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Dentalgirl3

For the price, this product is amazing. Must use eye lash curler after applying.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Dis8ged

Pros:
- Does not clump. Able to layer more than 5 times without sticking all your lashes together.
- Easy to remove. Simply rub it off in warm water.
- Does not flake or smudge throughout the day.
- The tube does not dry or run out easily.
- Affordable pricing!

Cons:
- Might transfer a little while applying.
- Does not really curl or lengthen as much as I want with a single coat.

Overall a really good product that I would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 3:16:00 AM More reviews by elicandytime

I've tried so many drugstore mascaras trying to find one that wouldn't smudge...I tried physicians formula green tube organic mascara which smudged horribly to covergirl lash blast and I've tried every maybelline mascaras. Every mascara I've boughten I get in waterproof hoping it would lessen the smudging but regardless I would look into the mirror and find myself with black smears under my eyes! Fed up I googled ways to reduce makeup smudging (most of the things I found I already knew) and I stumbled upon a forum talking about "tubing mascaras". Intrigued I looked further onto it and discovered loreals beauty tubes! Now let me point out I live in Canada and for whatever reason every store near me was sold out of this stuff on their shelves! I went to save on foods, pharmasave, target and London drugs and there wasn't one bottle of this stuff! I finally went to loblaw a superstore before work and I found it there! I was so excited I got two not even knowing if it would work or not but I decided with all the good reviews I saw on the product And how scarce it was I should stock up. I'm glad I did! For the first time since I started wearing mascara (3 years) I could go throughout the day without looking in the mirror and finding smudges. I checked constantly due to habit and found no smudges! My eyelashes were still perfectly curled and long! While I was working people asked me if those were my real lashes and complimented me on my eyes which rarely happened because of my Smudgey raccoon eyes before! This mascara has changed my life :) I'll never go back to non-tube mascaras. Taking this stuff off is so easy too! Just use water and voila it's actually fun to remove it... My lashes also feel extremely soft after I remove it.

I know I'm rambling on a bit too much on how happy I am to find a mascara that doesn't smudge but ladies! If you've tried so many mascaras that claim to be smudge proof and water proof look no further! This is a life saver!!! I'll continue to repurchase and if loreal ever removes this from the shelf I'll stock up for the rest of my life

1 week update review (2/19/2014)
- so after a week of using this mascara I love it absolutely love it! Still no smudging so easy to remove! Doing my makeup has never been easier and I don't have to worry about smudges at all! But I've also noticed my eyelashes are stronger and thicker and even...longer? I think it's because of the product in the white end of the tubes hats supposed to "nourish and protect" the lashes. I really really think if does. The back of the packaging mentions it containing Ceramide-R and D-panthenol which I think are lipids that help with the growth of hair and other stuff. Maybe it's because you're not really painting your lashes you're making a "tube" around it" so it's healthier.. Who knows! Whatever it is it's made my eyelashes so much more thicker and strong and long! I also use physicians formula eye booster with this so it could be these working together that my eyelashes look soooo good now :) I highly recommend this product I love it! I can't stress enough how great it is to be SMUDGE FREE!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by maynek22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG mascara! I've tried others in the past for fun, but have always come back to this one. My main problem with other mascara's is they smear or flake by the end of the day. This lasts all day and I like the double ends.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by dirtyblondeee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

OBSESSED with this mascara! I've been using it for a couple years now and its my HG mascara. I've tried others over the years but none work like this. I have naturally long lashes, but they're very light blonde like my hair (platinum) and this mascara makes my lashes look a mile long and my eyes pop. I will never use any mascara other than this ever again. I wish it was a bit cheaper, I feel like for drugstore products this is a bit on the expensive side, but I LOVE it so its worth it. and removal is a breeze... I wish all mascaras came off this easily. I will (and have many times) repurchase this again and again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Gantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Lasts all day
-Won't smudge
-Won't flake
-Lengthens lashes
-Holds curl
-Comes off easily without makeup remover
-Won't turn grey like other dual ended mascara
-Affordable

Cons:
-Makes lashes hard/crunchy (though it's not visible)
-The first white coat can be difficult to cover up
-Adds very little volume
-Can be clumpy and difficult to work with once it begins to get old

Overall:
I purchased this mascara for around $10 at target, on the package is says that it won't smear or flake, and that it basically will stay put all day until you take it off. Most mascara brands make similar promises but this one really lived up to them. I rarely curl my lashes, mostly because the curl never stays with most mascaras, but I curled them right before using this. I put on the white primer and it coated my lashes very easily, the formula was more wet than dry. I tried to make the white coat as even as possible without using too much, because I was worried that the white would make the next color come out grey. I immediately coated my lashes with the second mascara, which is black, giving the primer no time to dry, the black coat dried very quickly. The second coat looked great. My lashes looked long, curled and dark. I did not notice very much volume, but I'm completely okay with that. After a few hours of wear, my lashes still looked beautiful, with no flakes and no smudges. When it came time to take it off I simply used warm water and the mascara slipped right off. When it's coming off it doesn't pull at my lashes, and doesn't leave any black residue. After continued use I found that I have to be careful with the amount of primer I use because it can be difficult to cover it all up with the second coat. I can use this on my bottom lashes but I need to be quick and careful so that I don't get this on my lids. You do have to use this with out moving the wand back and forth, because your lashes will get stuck together. I love this mascara and I will continue to repurchase.