September 21, 2014 | 1004 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Dentalgirl3

For the price, this product is amazing. Must use eye lash curler after applying.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Dis8ged

Pros:
- Does not clump. Able to layer more than 5 times without sticking all your lashes together.
- Easy to remove. Simply rub it off in warm water.
- Does not flake or smudge throughout the day.
- The tube does not dry or run out easily.
- Affordable pricing!

Cons:
- Might transfer a little while applying.
- Does not really curl or lengthen as much as I want with a single coat.

Overall a really good product that I would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 3:16:00 AM More reviews by elicandytime

I've tried so many drugstore mascaras trying to find one that wouldn't smudge...I tried physicians formula green tube organic mascara which smudged horribly to covergirl lash blast and I've tried every maybelline mascaras. Every mascara I've boughten I get in waterproof hoping it would lessen the smudging but regardless I would look into the mirror and find myself with black smears under my eyes! Fed up I googled ways to reduce makeup smudging (most of the things I found I already knew) and I stumbled upon a forum talking about "tubing mascaras". Intrigued I looked further onto it and discovered loreals beauty tubes! Now let me point out I live in Canada and for whatever reason every store near me was sold out of this stuff on their shelves! I went to save on foods, pharmasave, target and London drugs and there wasn't one bottle of this stuff! I finally went to loblaw a superstore before work and I found it there! I was so excited I got two not even knowing if it would work or not but I decided with all the good reviews I saw on the product And how scarce it was I should stock up. I'm glad I did! For the first time since I started wearing mascara (3 years) I could go throughout the day without looking in the mirror and finding smudges. I checked constantly due to habit and found no smudges! My eyelashes were still perfectly curled and long! While I was working people asked me if those were my real lashes and complimented me on my eyes which rarely happened because of my Smudgey raccoon eyes before! This mascara has changed my life :) I'll never go back to non-tube mascaras. Taking this stuff off is so easy too! Just use water and voila it's actually fun to remove it... My lashes also feel extremely soft after I remove it.

I know I'm rambling on a bit too much on how happy I am to find a mascara that doesn't smudge but ladies! If you've tried so many mascaras that claim to be smudge proof and water proof look no further! This is a life saver!!! I'll continue to repurchase and if loreal ever removes this from the shelf I'll stock up for the rest of my life

1 week update review (2/19/2014)
- so after a week of using this mascara I love it absolutely love it! Still no smudging so easy to remove! Doing my makeup has never been easier and I don't have to worry about smudges at all! But I've also noticed my eyelashes are stronger and thicker and even...longer? I think it's because of the product in the white end of the tubes hats supposed to "nourish and protect" the lashes. I really really think if does. The back of the packaging mentions it containing Ceramide-R and D-panthenol which I think are lipids that help with the growth of hair and other stuff. Maybe it's because you're not really painting your lashes you're making a "tube" around it" so it's healthier.. Who knows! Whatever it is it's made my eyelashes so much more thicker and strong and long! I also use physicians formula eye booster with this so it could be these working together that my eyelashes look soooo good now :) I highly recommend this product I love it! I can't stress enough how great it is to be SMUDGE FREE!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by maynek22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG mascara! I've tried others in the past for fun, but have always come back to this one. My main problem with other mascara's is they smear or flake by the end of the day. This lasts all day and I like the double ends.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by dirtyblondeee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

OBSESSED with this mascara! I've been using it for a couple years now and its my HG mascara. I've tried others over the years but none work like this. I have naturally long lashes, but they're very light blonde like my hair (platinum) and this mascara makes my lashes look a mile long and my eyes pop. I will never use any mascara other than this ever again. I wish it was a bit cheaper, I feel like for drugstore products this is a bit on the expensive side, but I LOVE it so its worth it. and removal is a breeze... I wish all mascaras came off this easily. I will (and have many times) repurchase this again and again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Gantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Lasts all day
-Won't smudge
-Won't flake
-Lengthens lashes
-Holds curl
-Comes off easily without makeup remover
-Won't turn grey like other dual ended mascara
-Affordable

Cons:
-Makes lashes hard/crunchy (though it's not visible)
-The first white coat can be difficult to cover up
-Adds very little volume
-Can be clumpy and difficult to work with once it begins to get old

Overall:
I purchased this mascara for around $10 at target, on the package is says that it won't smear or flake, and that it basically will stay put all day until you take it off. Most mascara brands make similar promises but this one really lived up to them. I rarely curl my lashes, mostly because the curl never stays with most mascaras, but I curled them right before using this. I put on the white primer and it coated my lashes very easily, the formula was more wet than dry. I tried to make the white coat as even as possible without using too much, because I was worried that the white would make the next color come out grey. I immediately coated my lashes with the second mascara, which is black, giving the primer no time to dry, the black coat dried very quickly. The second coat looked great. My lashes looked long, curled and dark. I did not notice very much volume, but I'm completely okay with that. After a few hours of wear, my lashes still looked beautiful, with no flakes and no smudges. When it came time to take it off I simply used warm water and the mascara slipped right off. When it's coming off it doesn't pull at my lashes, and doesn't leave any black residue. After continued use I found that I have to be careful with the amount of primer I use because it can be difficult to cover it all up with the second coat. I can use this on my bottom lashes but I need to be quick and careful so that I don't get this on my lids. You do have to use this with out moving the wand back and forth, because your lashes will get stuck together. I love this mascara and I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used this for years because (1) stays on until you take it off (easily with wet washcloth). (2) visibly lengthens my lashes - no denying it (3) fairly clump free. When it starts to clump get a new tube. (4) holds curl

Only cons. Lashes are stiff. Doesn't not add much volume. But adds a lot of length

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Maryjanefz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. The only issue I have with it is drying time. I'm usually in a hurry putting it on and chasing my 2 year old around, so if I look up, it gets on my lids lol. But other than that, it's great!!! Soooo easy to remove but not so much that it smudges after it's dried. It does flake a bit, but only if I've sweated a bit around my eyes. Overall great mascara!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this tubing mascara is great, muchhhhh better than BLINC (blinc gives zero volume and zero length, dont waste your money). i used the whole tube up and blinc is just sitting there, drying up probably. this gives good volume and doesn't get too clumpy (i have never met a mascara that didn't clump at some point). i have purchased twice already for my short asian lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by mkp13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is great if you're a tube mascara fan. Legit better than the expensive ones (Blinc, Trish McEvoy) and cheaper. I've bought probably 5 of these so far and use it every day. I've also started doing my lower lashes with this stuff. Because I can. And it won't smudge! Entensifies the effect. Worth a try.

The one negative is your lashes won't be soft - they are hard and crunchy kinda. If I sleep or nap in it my eyelashes get bent in funny shapes and stay that way until I remove the mascara. But honestly, whatever. I'm the dirty girl sleeping in makeup in the first place. I don't expect a product to fix all my problems...