Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder: Candlelight

4.6

Talc, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, May Contain: Mica CI 77019, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491/ CI 77492/ CI 77499, Carmine CI 75470

on 1/2/2013 10:58:00 PM

GORG.

on 12/26/2012 11:32:00 AM

I had been looking for the perfect highlighter for a long time and I can honestly say that THIS IS IT!
It has some sparkle to it but it mostly makes you look like you're "glowing from within".
I absolutely LOVE it! Look no further. This is the BEST highlighter out there. It is worth every penny.

on 11/28/2012 1:13:00 AM

I had to write a review on this bec i finally found the Perfect highlighter. I was looking for a long time for a highlight that just gave a gleam, with no additional color, no sparkles, no glitter, but noticeable in one swipe, not chalky, not powdery/flaky, gorgeous glow. wow, thats pretty specific. I found nars alabatross too yellow, bb shimmer bricks shimmer attack, benefit (all beams) too colorful, the list goes on and finally 42 bucks later: candlelight. my only complaint is the packaging is a little annoying bc if u have other ka products then you have to turn over each one to find what you want (the blushes, bronzers etc all have exact same package) the brush was pretty much useless imo. I use my coastal scents fan brush or a flat top mini contour brush. perfection. hopefully it'll last forever

on 11/8/2012 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Skin tone and Type: nc/nw 7-10 (just as reference, I cannot actually use Mac foundations) or Nars Mont Blanc. I have Acne prone, extremely sensitive, combination, oily skin. I have a lot of topical and internal allergies/ intolerances.

This is one of like three Highlighters I have found that DOES NOT contain bismuth oxychloride. I have had to turn down highlighter after highlighter for this reason. So it is a huge Plus that this is a shade of highlighter I can use, but also that it is a formula that will not tear up my skin.

The color is more Champagne than yellow or pink, which very much compliments my skin tone. I like the product itself. It isn't chalky, but when I use my brush it seems to get powdery. Which basically means it kicks up powder that I cannot use, so I feel like I am losing product even when I gently pat my brush in. The packaging closes securely. However, I am not a fan of how big the packaging is compared to the amount of product, and the brush is a joke and a waste of plastic. Literally cut the packaging in half and drop the price because it is simply wasteful. Considering the Price, it's a little hard to drop that much money on a highlighter. I do not need a highlighter, honestly, because of how pale I am, but I rather enjoy them. I actually do like the product itself enough to purchase again.

on 10/22/2012 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Ok, I would rather spend money on product than packaging particularly when small unuseable brushes are included. That aside this gets totally fabulous reviews everywhere, indeed I haven't read a single neutral, let alone negative, comment about it. So, I'll be first:
I was very excited about this arriving due to the great reviews, particularly focusing on it's highlighting rather than glitter based characteristics. Also, its champagne tint which I hoped would be warming rather than obviously white or pink like other such products.
I am very very fair, and just a light dusting resulted in me looking like a child with dry crusty food around their mouth on my cheeks.
I am certain this works for many people. I am too pale for it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is so finely milled and the perfect glowy, go with any makeup you have on color. I'm NC20-25 yellow/olive toned. I LOVE this. So glad that I took the plunge.

on 8/9/2012 12:33:00 PM

LOVE this. I was using Benefit High Beam, but this has replaced it. Simply the best "lit from within" natural look! I use it along the top of my cheekbones. It just takes a tiny bit, so while it is outrageously expensive, it will last a long time.

EDIT: I have since discovered LORAC Spotlight and Luminous highlighters. I love the Luminous---just as much as this Kevyn Aucoin product AND you get MORE THAN twice as much product for considerably less $$$. I will not repurchase this.

on 5/20/2012 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25 Asian here.

Is it possible to fall in love with a makeup product? Because if it is.. I believe I have. Now.. I have been on the search for an amazing highlighting product for a long long time. I've used everything from MAC something or the other to Nars albatross to Philosophy's color or grace to many many more. They were either all too showy for me, too subtle, not long wearing enough, or didn't match my skintone. This gem however.. omg.. is just heavenly. It looks white in the pan but has subtle hints of gold.. just enough to look natural for my skintone. I would completely recommend this to any yellow or olive/golden toned ladies but am not sure how the gold undertones in this product will work for my pink toned ladies out there.

Packaging: Hate it. The useless sponge makes the packaging unnecessarily bigger than it has to be and KA packaging in general looks ugly and cheap to me.

I bought this online after hearing many raves on this on MUA's makeup board (thanks girls!) and was just transfixed by myself after applying it to myself for the first time. It gives this beautiful, lit from within glow and is just subtle enough. It doesn't shimmer, it GLOWS in a very beautiful, etheral way and gives your face an angelic, candlelit quality. My bf who is very oblivious to makeup walked in on me and commented that I looked "pretty and glowy" :P Love love love this and will buy over and over again.

on 2/19/2012 9:01:00 AM

I was searching for a powder highlight that wasn't too white or too glittery, and this is it. It's a nude-y, champagne-y color that imparts a subtle sheen. I use the brush (which isn't too bad, albeit a bit scratchy) to apply it to my upper cheekbones and down the center of my nose. I tried to turn this into a multipurpose highlighter by applying it to the inner eye corner, but unfortunately, it made the area dry and kinda flakey. Nonetheless, this highlighter adds some dimension to my face, and provides a soft, elegant, candlelit glow.

on 5/16/2011 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I had been looking for a highlighter for a few weeks before I bought this product. I ruled out liquid highlighters since most of them had ingredients that would most likely break me out. I was originally going to buy Nars Albatross or Nico but when I tried them out in the store they looked chalky on my skin, and then out in the light they looked too sparkly. Candlelight is practically invisible (I'm nc20) unless you have light shining on you, and when you do it looks like a subtle sheen/glow. It is perfect for everyday wear! Since I get oily I use a lot of mattifying products but this keeps my face from looking too powdery and flat. Love it! The only bad thing is the price, so when I beauty.com was having a 20% off sale, i took it as a sign to splurge on this product =)