October 30, 2014 | 1300 users online

Conditioner - The Egg Bomb

• Price: $

Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon honey. In a separate bowl, beat the yolk of one egg. Mix the oil/honey emulsion with the egg and saturate your hair. (double recipe for longer hair) Leave in for 30min, shampoo and condition as usual

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by seraphik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have long, blonde super dry and damaged hair and have tried everything, hoped that this would be the solution. Doubled the mix, did everything to the letter and zero difference, my hair is still as crappy as it was before I did it. Great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

I did this to my hair this morning (2 eggs and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Left on 30 min) and didn't notice any change in my hair. I used brown eggs too. But since it's a natural thing and can't damage my hair I'll for sure do it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Volchitsa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this for a couple weeks because of how many people swear by it, but it just didn't do much for me. I have dry, frizzy, damaged hair and I came out of the shower looking the same. Very little shine, still poofy, and still dry. After a few weeks my hair looked slightly more moisturized, though.

I ended up cutting my locks off and going for a pixie cut. Because my (now short) hair isn't broken or thin, I can see more of a difference. It is a bit softer and shinier and the frizz is a little more controllable.

I like the fact that it is all natural and pretty cheep (pun intended). It's also really important to buy good quality eggs. I have my own hens who are free ranged and fed organically, and I use their eggs but one time I had to settle for some poor quality store bought eggs and the difference was pretty noticeable; just not as healthy looking and not as moisturized.

Overall, I like the product. I guess I was just disappointed that it's not some miracle cure like everyone was saying it was. Also, it takes a long time to notice a difference. I still occasionally treat myself to it in hopes that any new hair growth will be more healthy and moisturized than before.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Bethany94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I do this treatment once a month. I use three tablespoons of coconut oil, one egg yolk, and one tablespoon of honey. I leave it on for two hours. It makes my hair shiny and very soft. I have done it for two of my friends, and they love it too.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by lkno

I first used the Egg Bomb last nigh, and I have to say that it isn't as messy as I thought at all! I used 2 egg yolks, 4 olive-oil ts and 2 honey ts. The truth is, it was very easy to apply and even though it gets very sticky about 20 minutes after the application (on unwashed hair), its very easy to rinse. I left it in my hair for 1 hour, I rinsed it with warm water ( and didn't get the cooking-the-egg problem) and then I shampooed and conditioned my hair as usual. This morning my hair was super soft and very very shinny. I am definitely doing it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by mikap1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was thinking of buying one of the expensive protein treatments, but I've been reading all the positive reviews in here and I thought I'd give the egg bomb a try. I have dark auburn, long, wavy hair which is in need of some serious TLC, since I have been coloring it and usually wearing it straight for the past 10 years, leaving me with some seriously brittle ends. I doubled the recipe and it came out a nice, creamy mixture which wasn't runny. My egg bomb didn't smell like egg at all, probably because I used top quality olive oil and thyme honey, which smells wonderful and actually gave the mask a subttle thyme scent - the perk of living in Greece is you can get top quality natural products like honey, oil and eggs at ridiculous prices. Anyway, I left it on my hair for about an hour, then rinsed it with lukewarm water, shampooed and conditioned as usual. The result : Incredibly glossy, full and soft hair! I can even run my fingers through it and don't feel it break anymore. . I will not claim that this mask can cure your split ends and breakages because it can't (only a good trim can!) but if you want to avoid having your hair cut and still want it to look and feel its best, the egg bomb is the way to go.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by TouchOfSin

I've come to a conclusion that egg dries out my hair drastically. I've tried combinations with honey, oil, coconut milk... using only the yolk or both the yolk and the white, leaving it from 15-20 mins and my hair ends up feeling coarse, dry and rough in the shower. I have given many chances to this mask, but I always end with the same result.
I'm surprised to see everyone else saw results...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have done this twice and I have gotten really good results. First time I used three egg yolks, second time, I used two egg yolks, one egg white, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. The egg was so cold it solidified the coconut oil so I recommend leaving the egg out at room temperature for a while if you're using coconut oil with it. It's gross, and smells terrible - not a lot makes me gag, but the eggy after-smell is repulsive to me. I can't help but knock a lippy off for the smell and the difficulty in applying it - it is messy, messy, messy. I like coconut oil hair masks, too, but I think this works better, provided you wash it all out very thoroughly. I had to wash my hair twice the second time I did the egg bomb because the hair below my crown was still oily and greasy looking - which was awkward since I've never had that problem before. To me, this seems like a messy, time-consuming, and stinky hair treatment, but while it's high-maintenance, it gets my hair soft, shiny, bouncy, and strong, so it is worth it. I'll be doing it again, for sure. If your hair is dull and flat and blah and nothing seems to help, I would suggest giving this a try. I can't comment on the effects of this on damaged hair, however. I rarely use hot styling tools and I don't dye my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by makeeupiserenity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My hair is brutally damaged and has been breaking off like crazy, from bleaching it multiple times. I've tried almost everything to get it back to healthy but nothing worked, finally i came across protein treatments, i wasn't ready to spend a large amount of money on a high end product that i wasn't sure would work so i decided to try out this egg treatment. I mixed two eggs with 4 tbs of olive oil and let it sit in my hair for about 3 hours, and then washed it out. At first like expected my hair was brittle and rough, but after i applied a moisturizing conditioner and various other products it felt a lot nicer. Still not sure if it did anything i let it air dry. Once it was dry it was like a MIRACLE my hair was so strong and soft I've never felt my hair this healthy before of course the pieced that were fried aren't completely healed but with a few more treatment I'm sure they will be. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has severely damage hair in need of some protein.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by AdrianBrodySameHaircutBro

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have shoulder length hair, I dye the roots every month or so, my hair is very oily at the roots and dry on the bottom half cuz of an old bleach I got last spring. Winter is (almost) back and my hair is in poor health : itís dry and harsh, and it breaks easily. Iíve been thinking about buying one of the expensive Kerastase treatment but thought I had nothing to lose by trying the egg bomb first, if not 1-2$ worth of ingredients I already had in my kitchen. I did the following mix : 1 egg yolk, 1 tablespoon of honey, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and 3 drops of lavender oil. My first impression was regarding the smell; you couldnít smell the egg at all! It was a nice olive oil / lavender smell. I applied the egg bomb with a dye brush on dry, unwashed hair. The product was making my hair very, VERY sticky, but I eventually found the trick to brush my hair up while applying the egg bomb so my hair would sit on top of my head once done. Unfortunately, I ran out of product and it was my last egg (!) so Iíve put the egg bomb only on the half end of my hair and neglected the roots. I covered with a plastic cap and let it rest for 2h. The smell changed a bit during the 2nd hour; it was not disgusting but you could smell the yolk a bit. I washed it out with 1 good shampoo (it was surprisingly easy to rince!) and blowdried my hair to see if it would be as harsh as usual... itís not! The ends are smoother! My plan is to double my initial recipe (I may try without honey to see if the mix is easier to apply), soak my hair 2x week and let hair dry. I will do so until Iím satisfied with the results, then keep going 1x week. I will update this review in a few weeks / months depending on the results. Iím putting Kerastase on hold for now. // I gave 4 lippies to see if I'm gonna see a significant improvement in my hair over the next few weeks, and then perhaps increase to 5.