LUSH Rub rub rub showergel

3.6

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Water (Aqua), Fresh Organic Lemon Juice (Citrus limonum), Jasmine Flower Infusion (Jasminum officinale), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Mimosa Absolute (Mimosa tenuiflora), Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Lactic Acid, Lauryl Betaine, *Limonene, Perfume, FD&C Blue No. 1, D&C Red 28 . *Naturally occurs in essential oils

on 8/7/2014 7:14:00 PM

I really like this product in terms of what it does for my very dry, psoriasis-riddled skin. Because it is a Lush product, it is a little bit expensive for what you're getting and the sea-salt can get caught in the jar, making it difficult to screw closed.
The smell of Rub Rub Rub seems to be a topic of popular debate, even for myself. It is very pungent with a distinct soapy-scent which I enjoy some days and am put off by other days - it just depends!
In terms of exfoliation, this body scrub does what it advertises and more. I never anticipated it to help with my psoriasis as much as it does. It is able to sooth the lesions as well as slowly diminish them over time - and it works wonders on thirsty skin! I am even able to use it as a facial exfoliant. However, do NOT get it in an open wound or even on pimples - it will burn as it is salt-based! The rule "less is more" does apply to this product as well, since it is very gloopy and has a tendency to run through your fingers if you're not careful - money down the drain! Apply in small amounts to see the best result.

on 7/27/2014 2:00:00 AM

I don't like the scent and how it leaves my skin slime-y afterwards.

on 5/30/2014 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I don't like the smell, dont know how to describe it. it didn't remove the grime on my body. its basically like a tub of salt mixed with scented coloured water. I ended up just using it to scrub my legs. It might be good for sanitising your armpits or legs though since its made up of salt.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok this may be TMI to some people but I know this will help some people out there so here it goes.

This stuff is amazing to use if you have dark underarms. I apply it onto an ecotool sponge and use it on my underarms and I have noticed they have lightened significantly. I used to try other scrubs but the reason why this one works is because it has mostly lime juice in it which brightens. I have tried everything from pure lemon juice to dove clear tone and nothing lightened my dark underarms like this.

Ok cringe worthy stuff aside, this is an amazing shower scrub for your entire body! It smells amazing, literally makes me feel like I took a trip to cabo. It's so oceany and clean. Like laundry detergent really. But in a good way. I tried lush ocean salt as well and love this way more. Ocean salt smelled like alcohol to me :(

Rub rub rub is one of my favorite lush products.

P.s if you live in the US, order from the UK website to save a ton of $ on this!

on 5/10/2014 12:58:00 PM

I've never purchased anything from Lush before this product. I like this shower gel/exfoliator the first time I used it. However, the packaging is awful. I couldn't open this when I was in the shower this morning because there was product around the sides of the Lush bowl which made opening the product impossible. I'm going to transfer some of the product into a squeezable bottle to fix this.

But the product itself smells really nice and my skin does feel good after using it.

on 5/5/2014 2:54:00 PM

I fell for this purely based on the scent - it smells exactly like the Sakura bath bomb which in turn smells like the (now sadly discontinued) 17 Cherry Tree Lane soap which was my all time favourite LUSH product ever.

In terms of what this is like to use, as another reviewer has already mentioned here it's very gloopy. Which sadly means it's not the easiest to use and has a tendency to slip through the fingers and straight down the plughole. And that's not what you want from an exfoliator, especially when you're paying 8.50GBP for 250ml. When you do finally manage to grab enough to exfoliate with it's pretty good stuff, although I found the trick was not too rub too hard as the large chunks of salt in this can be quite harsh on the skin. Once you've exfoliated enough and washed this off though, it does leave your skin feeling really soft and smelling gorgeous so it nearly makes up for the whole gloopiness.

I say 'nearly makes up for...' as even though I did like this I wouldn't be tempted to buy another one of these in a hurry. There's loads more exfoliators on the market that I want to try and for the price I don't think it's worth the pain of watching most of it disappearing down the plughole!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Love the smell! Great salty/scrub exfoliater for the skin. FYI, it's recommended not to use this with Ro's Body Argan conditioner, use one or the other.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pros: Gentle enough to help tame the sensitive, ashy skin on my legs/arms/elbows. Does a decent job of exfoliating and moisturizing, and the scent is lovely and fresh. Great to use before shaving (but make sure to rinse off first, or all that salt is going to hurt your shins!)

Cons: Gloopy. SO GLOOPY. So much is wasted by slipping through my fingers in the shower, and I wish would thicken up the product itself so it would go further. It's also pretty pricey, and I find it too expensive purely for the reason that so much goes to waste.

This is a nice scrub, but overall, I won't be repurchasing it. While I enjoyed using it, I don't think Rub Rub Rub is any better than other scrubs on the market that also cost significantly less.

on 2/15/2014 11:28:00 AM

Pros: the smell as always with lush is gorgeous! Very refreshing. It's a fantastic exfoliator. The scrub really works to remove dead skin. It could be a little too harsh to use on your face if you have sensitive skin, however if you use the whiter part of the product it's fine. The cons: yes it is a little bit expensive, however must we remember that LUSH are an organic company. They reuse their packaging, recycle and don't test on animals or humans. To conclude: I would much rather spend that extra bit of money for that reason alone as I am very big on banning animal testing for cosmetic reasons.

on 2/10/2014 11:31:00 AM

The smell and colour of this is beautiful, it smells like a laundry shop. It actually scrubs and lathers really well so it is a great shampoo. Try this now, you won't regret it!

Popular Gels/Soaps