July 23, 2014 | 2019 users online

Palettes - Kat Von D - Ludwig Palette

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had very high hopes for this palette, especially given all the raves it receives. It just fell flat for me. The colors are all very one-dimensional and overall it felt very cheap to me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I have always been fascinated with the Kat Von D eyeshadow palettes. The colours are all very interesting from the pictures and swatches I've seen of them online, the colours in each palette seems to compliment each other very well, which is what I search for in a palette.
Living in Australia, I dont have any access to Kat Von D cosmetics, and I never wanted to buy online only because, even on eBay it is about $6-7USD more then the actually rrp in Sephora, and you have to pay overcharge shipping cost too.
A special someone eventually did get me this palette from the USA and I was soo happy in knowing I've got this palette. I only received this just over 1 weeks ago, and let me just say, there is more disappointment in this palette then I anticipated for.
Firstly, the palette is a lot smaller then I imagine, but thats not the problem, that's my error in judgement. All the colours looked soo AMAZING in the pan! They indeed complimeted each other very well. Ludwig was an interesting palette with interesting compilation of colours.
However the let down to this palatte was the pigmentation! It was awful! The colours were buildable, thank goodness! But I remember, I had to go over the same area with the same colour soo many times. The shadows werent crumbly, I never experience fall out, I used these shadows with a primer underneath soo I had no problems with creasing or fading which was good. The only let down was the pigmentation.
I hate to write something negative or average on something that everyone seems to love, but I felt this palette didn't live up to my expectation. I do have Kat Von D's Metal Orchestra and True Love palettes which I received at the same time with the Ludwig Palette, the Ludwig palette seems to stand out the most for me, but it was a let down.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by helena1014

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a great neutral/smokey eye palette. The colors are beautiful earth tones and incredibly pigmented if used with a base, primer or foiled (applied wet). When applied dry and without primer or base, the lighter shades and the black can appear a little chalky. There is quite a bit of fallout, but these shadows do feel silky, blend well and are very easy to work with.

The palette is $34 U.S. at Sephora, which is moderately expensive for 8 shadows. The packaging is adorned with some of Kat Von D's own artwork and the names of each shadow appear on the back of the palette.

All in all, I am happy with this palette and will definitely purchase again. Just make sure to use a primer or base to get the full color payoff and use a tissue under your eye when applying to catch any fallout.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by glowey707

I was pissed when I first bought this product. I had to return it not once, but TWICE! The black eyeshadow in both palettes broke and went everywhere and stained everything. However, with all of the trouble I've had with the palette, it has been wonderful. The pigments are amazing and the quality is some of the best I have ever seen.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by A7XSYNdrome

This palette really proves to me, once again, that Kat Von D's eyeshadow is NO MATCH for any other shadows.

I love how these colors can be used subtley, but you can REALLY spice it up! It's a super versitile palette and I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for an earthy or just a natural palette.

At $34 for 8 beautiful eyeshadows, at first, being a little-above-minimum-wage Ice Cream shop girl, I was a bit iffy, but I'm glad I treated myself! I've gotten compliments from costumers that just HAVE to have these eyeshadow colors! :)

Kat's shadows are so soft, so rich in color, they blend so perfectly, if used a bit damp, the color is much more intense. The shadows are so smooth with application they're almost buttery!!

I cannot think of a SINGLE think I dislike about this palette. Love love love it. Thank you, Kat Von D!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by maggiejeanjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this palette in a swap. The colors have a good amount of pigmentation, their texture and staying power are good, and you get a mix of shimmery and matte shadows. This is a good daytime palette, but can also be used for more dramatic nighttime looks. For $34, I think it is a pretty good deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by 30oldbagbeauty

I love this palette. Good color selection. Love the matte brown and black shadows(comes in every palette) because it is great for using as powder eyeliners. Great combo of greens and browns. Powdery soft, dream to apply. I got this and another Kat Von D palette when it was on sale at Sephora so it was an excellent buy. Packaging is very cute and elegant, also comes with a big mirror. I am definitely going to bring this palette on my vacation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by lk1119

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PALETTE! My first KAT VON D palette and I'm impressed.You get 8 GREAT colors for a reasonable price. It's definitely worth it. The colors are great colors to use for an everyday look! You can't really go wrong with none of the colors. The shadows are all so smooth to apply, very pigmented, and easily blendable. I'm definitely going to get the other KAT VON D palettes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by shakeuptampa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I originally got this as my first Kat Von D palette. I got it for free (swapped) on MUA. I am highly impressed! The colors are not only stunning but HIGHLY pigmented. Even my friend swatched them and fell in love. There are enough colors to do a variety of styles on your eyes and even use as liner. I find them to be more pigmented than MAC and pretty equal to Urban Decay, which is my favorite shadow brand. I am highly impressed and will be trying other products going forward from Kat Von D. I do not let her nasty celebrity status stand in the way of good pigments :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by vampirekisses25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this palette, the eye shadows in this palette are so pigmented and they blend so well. I think some of Kat Von D palette's are more pigmented than mac eye shadows and they last longer. Will be getting more Kat Von D palette's :)