Revlon Just Enough Buff

3.5

on 10/16/2011 2:58:00 AM

I'm surprised by the negative reviews for this shade, I love it. I agree that it's very subtle, which is what I like about it, it's a nice peachy nude. I guess it can at times look a bit too light depending on what color shirt I'm wearing, which is why I usually wear it along w/ dark colors. It contrasts my dark eyes and dark shirt nicely. I think it's a great shade for the office. And as with this entire line of lipsticks, it has great staying power, it's inexpensive and readily available (5$ at walmart), and it doesn't have an icky chemical smell like so many other lipsticks.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hardly shows up on me. Mostly is just a shimmer on my lips. Also it's a bit drying. Won't be repurchasing.

on 7/31/2011 11:30:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I was looking for a nude lipstick and, like most women, found it hard to find one that was flattering and not pasty. I had high hopes for this one but It seemed to blend into my face (yellow undertone, fair-medium). I kept thinking it needed just a teeny bit more color to be perfect. Might be good layered on top of another lipstick, though, for shimmer. The search continues...

on 7/17/2011 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Revlon Just Enough Buff is a sheer-ish, but buildable nude-peach without any orange. According to the label, it is a creme finish, but I do see little gold microshimmer in the lipstick bullet. While some shimmer does show up on my lips if I look very closely, it's not frosty at all. Make sure your lips are well-moisturized before you use this, because the lipstick will cling to any flakes on the lips. Like I said, it's not orange, so the color is flattering to my cool, pale skin, and I think it would be flattering to many skintones. This would be a good nude if you find most nudes to be too beige or gray. It's good with smokey eye looks, but it also doesn't wash me out if I wear it for day. It's definitely a good, not-dated offering from Revlon.

on 5/27/2011 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product was really a let down. I don't know if it is my individual lipstick but it goes on feeling really grainy. I've even scraped the top to expose a new fresh layer, still grainy. The pigmentation is less than fabulous. It's really too sheer. The entire reason I bought this was because of the photo of Halle Berry I saw wearing it...yea, they coudn't have used that lipstick because it does not look like that. Thumbs down for this lipstick and it's a shame because I was so excited about it!
XOX,
- Mj

on 4/29/2011 4:16:00 PM

this is a very natural sheer nude colour on my lip and turns out to be my favorite nude for now. i have tried different nude colours from different brands but this definitely is the more sheer and natural one. however, like said by the other reviewer, do not expect rich pigmentation as i feel that it is meant to be sheer....

on 3/29/2011 9:44:00 PM

Most disappointing Revlon Product. I love Revlon, but this lipstick is too sheer. I can't even see it when I apply it on my lips. I don't recommend it at all.

on 3/28/2011 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Hmmm I was very disapointed with this. It looked beautiful in the package and in ads but it is SOO sheer. After I applied my usual nude lipgloss it looked okay but when using it by itself I had to "scrub" just to get payoff :(

on 3/26/2011 10:39:00 PM

It's not bad. The color is lovely, but I like the texture of MAC better. While this is good, I feel like there is definitely better, creamier formulas out there.

on 3/26/2011 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm surprised to see all the negative reviews. This is one of my favourite lipsticks; definitely my most favourite wearable nude shade. It has a creamy consistency as it says on the tube, however it does have a very, very slight shimmer that I could only see in the tube. It shows up very slightly on the lips. In comparison with Revlon Soft Nude, this is definitely peachier and and a creamier formula. As with most nudes it does emphasize any dry patches, but that is not a problem if you use a good balm before applying and exfoliate occasionally. The wear is around 2 hours because it is rather sheer.

Popular Lipsticks