November 23, 2014 | 1965 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Just Enough Buff

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by questionable

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for a nude lipstick and, like most women, found it hard to find one that was flattering and not pasty. I had high hopes for this one but It seemed to blend into my face (yellow undertone, fair-medium). I kept thinking it needed just a teeny bit more color to be perfect. Might be good layered on top of another lipstick, though, for shimmer. The search continues...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Revlon Just Enough Buff is a sheer-ish, but buildable nude-peach without any orange. According to the label, it is a creme finish, but I do see little gold microshimmer in the lipstick bullet. While some shimmer does show up on my lips if I look very closely, it's not frosty at all. Make sure your lips are well-moisturized before you use this, because the lipstick will cling to any flakes on the lips. Like I said, it's not orange, so the color is flattering to my cool, pale skin, and I think it would be flattering to many skintones. This would be a good nude if you find most nudes to be too beige or gray. It's good with smokey eye looks, but it also doesn't wash me out if I wear it for day. It's definitely a good, not-dated offering from Revlon.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by mjensen1

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product was really a let down. I don't know if it is my individual lipstick but it goes on feeling really grainy. I've even scraped the top to expose a new fresh layer, still grainy. The pigmentation is less than fabulous. It's really too sheer. The entire reason I bought this was because of the photo of Halle Berry I saw wearing it...yea, they coudn't have used that lipstick because it does not look like that. Thumbs down for this lipstick and it's a shame because I was so excited about it!
XOX,
- Mj

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by xiner0166

this is a very natural sheer nude colour on my lip and turns out to be my favorite nude for now. i have tried different nude colours from different brands but this definitely is the more sheer and natural one. however, like said by the other reviewer, do not expect rich pigmentation as i feel that it is meant to be sheer....

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by MarieKhris8

Most disappointing Revlon Product. I love Revlon, but this lipstick is too sheer. I can't even see it when I apply it on my lips. I don't recommend it at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by ksmosley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmmm I was very disapointed with this. It looked beautiful in the package and in ads but it is SOO sheer. After I applied my usual nude lipgloss it looked okay but when using it by itself I had to "scrub" just to get payoff :(

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by sugarbombed

It's not bad. The color is lovely, but I like the texture of MAC better. While this is good, I feel like there is definitely better, creamier formulas out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by musiclives

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised to see all the negative reviews. This is one of my favourite lipsticks; definitely my most favourite wearable nude shade. It has a creamy consistency as it says on the tube, however it does have a very, very slight shimmer that I could only see in the tube. It shows up very slightly on the lips. In comparison with Revlon Soft Nude, this is definitely peachier and and a creamier formula. As with most nudes it does emphasize any dry patches, but that is not a problem if you use a good balm before applying and exfoliate occasionally. The wear is around 2 hours because it is rather sheer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by helenabinky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Picked this up, Im a huge peach nude type of person, i have way too many nude lipsticks. this lipstick is almost a dupe for macs freckletone. if you like macs peachstock, or nars honolulu honey, you will probably like this lipstick a lot better than nude attitude or soft nude from revlon. it has a little bit of shimmer, but you cant tell when u look at it . its nice tho, the tone of it is a little tiny bit more pinky undertoned than freckletone. but over all its nice.

>belle dejour nars lipstick is also recommended if you like peachy nudes.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by jmsic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

What a disappointment. The color in the tube looks like a peachy nude. Its more orange based than pink based but nonetheless, it looked lovely in the packaging. But when you put it on it does no justice. First of all, it says its a cream finish but creamy it is not. It has obvious glitter particles in the lipstick itself and on the lips, the glitter is noticeable. Next, when you swipe it across your lips its not creamy... it feels like a dried out or hard chapstick. Also, the pigmentation pretty much sucks. It barely shows up and did not look like a nude lip and my lips aren't extremely pigmented either. Finally, despite it being a "cream" formula, if you put this on dried lips it will emphasize every single crack on your lips. Not good. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone and I pretty much hate it.