November 28, 2014 | 1280 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Dazzleglass in Date Night

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by shellsybells

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in love with Date Night! It turns any boring lipstick into WOW! I've used it as a base my brown lipliners, pink, plum, and red. My lips have never had this kind of pop before. They are so deliciously juicy with Date Night. I don't care for it alone because it doesn't have enough color behind it for me as my lips are very pale.

The texture is good. This is my first DazzleGlass and I kind of expected it to be 'crinkly' feeling, but I do not even feel the glitteriness. I haven't noticed any stickiness and there is no nasty taste what-so-ever! Nor does it leave a nasty residue on my tongue or in my mouth if I've accidently licked my lips.

I'm very very happy with the product and use it every chance I can!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite Dazzleglass out of the ones that I own. I was scared by it at first because in the tube it looks SO much darker than anything else I wear. When I put it on, however, it was much lighter. It's similar to my regular lip color but it evens it out and gives them a little more pink along with the glitter. It has blue and purple-y sparkles in the tube and if I'm not mistaken some gold ones as well. They aren't blatantly obvious, on the lips it's a very subtle but pretty effect. I will absolutely repurchase this as I use it all the time. I don't wear lipstick so I can't speak on how well it would look paired with different colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Socotroca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Looove this Dazzleglass! It's very sexy! It looks a lot darker in the tube than on the lips but I really don't mind because I love the light, pinky glow it gives my lips. It looks really natural with minimal makeup. Also gorgeous if you're working the heavy eye and want something light on your lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by mschah18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like the color in the tube better than on my lips, but even still it's gorgeous. Very sheer plum/berry with pretty blue sparkles. If it had just a little more pigment to it it'd be my favorite. I've gone through 3 tubes of it already though, so it's way up there

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2009 12:37:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love Dazzleglasses, and I LOVE Date Night!

I am all over the current purplish lipcolor thing, and I bought Date Night thinking it would be perfect for topping lipsticks like Violetta, a long time favorite, and Night Violet, a recent acquisition.

Well, I must congratulate myself, because I was right about Date Night being a great topper for purple-toned lipsticks. I expect to use it very frequently.. ;)

Date Night is sort of like Funtabulous on steriods; it's a deeper purple, but it has the same abundance of purple and blue "sparkles."

Funtabulous and Date Night are plenty different enough from each other to justify owning both, IMO. Keep in mind that this comes from a Dazzleglass bimbo. ;)
I don't think I'd wear Date Night alone, since it's quite sheer. However, it's the perfect shimmery "topcoat" for the deeper plum or violet lipsticks. In fact, colorwise, Date Night is kind of like Violetta in Dazzleglass form.

Date Night has the appealing vanilla cupcake scent/taste, non-grittiness, and thick emollient feel characteristic of the Dazzleglasses.

Only caveat: The brush applicator may be very stiff the first time you open the tube.If that happens, swipe the brush back and forth a few times against a clean hard surface, and the brush should soften right up.

I love a lot of things about Date Night: the color, the shimmer, the taste, the emollient feel, and the brush applicator. The only thing I don't care for is the fact that it costs around $20 for a small narrow tube.

I am SO glad this one's permanent, since I can imagine going through multiple tubes of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by natuerlich0207maria

I have 12 Dazzleglasses and Date Night is the one I like the most for going out at night. It's not that dark as it appears in the tube but strong enough to caught mens eyes. ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 9:22:00 AM More reviews by micipici

lovely lovely dazzleglass
it looks dark,but its very sheer on lips
it has most beautiful blue sparkles

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Nadeshda

I used to be one of those people who don't really like sparkly things. I'm very low-key and classical in the way I dress, stick to neutral eyeshadows, matte blushes, and non-sparkey gloss or lipstick. A slight shimmer is ok on my book, but glitter hasn't ever been my type of thing. Naturally, when I heard about dazzleglasses, as being glosses infused with glitter, my first though was "disco ball! Tacky! Who the hell wants GLITTER on their LIPS?!".

Well, I came to find out that, according to my own standards, apparently I'm tacky because I DO want this glitter on my lips!! I watched some YT video, I think by fafinettex3 in which she was using this and it looked gorgeous! I caved in and ordered this Dazzleglass because I figured... don't knock 'till you try it, specially since this seemed such a nice colour.

The color in the tube? Gorgeous! The swatch on my hand? SCARY! I'm a bit on the fair side (NC20 here) and seeing what appeared to be a scary, plum/wineish-colored goo with blue glitter in it got me thinking "what the heck was I thinking?? Why did I assume it would look good on my pale self just because it looked good on an olive-toned much darker than me girl?!".

But I was still so mesmerized by the color in the tube and the prettyness of it I decided to take a chance. Did a neutral eye, tinted moisturizer bronzey blush and this. All I can say is WOW! Talk about gorgeous and flattering! I think I can pull this off because I'm a brunette and despite being a bit fair, I have heavily deep reddish pigmented lips, so it doesn't look too garish. It also goes on sheer, giving your lips just a bit of a plum flush and the glitter is not too in your face.

It seems to be a bit sticky, and I didn't use it for too long, but it didn't seem as sticky or heavy on the lips as the lipglasses. It has a brush applicator which is really odd, BTW, kinda pointy, hard and prickly. Maybe it'll ease up as I use it. The tube seems huge, but don't be fooled, there's less in there than in a lipglass, and it is much more expensive! Still, I'd buy this again. I figure this will last me a long time anyway, because I do have several other lip products I rotate, and I use lipsticks most of the time because I can't stand having my hair stuck to the lipgloss on my lips when it's windy (talk about sexy! haha!). Besides, I'm not one of those people that keeps reapplying lip products, I only do it once or twice a day, at most.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by ellesk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am what you could call a Dazzleglass fiend (perhaps not the worst out there - I definitely don't have them all, but I have a good number of them) and I'm fairly certain that Date Night is my absolute favorite amongst them.
The color is a gorgeous dark berry/wine color that is infused with a mass of blue, purple and pink sparkles. It creates the most deliciously vampy, statement lips without being too overpowering or gothic since, well, it is ultimately a gloss. If you wanted to amplify the color and intensify the effect, you could put it over New York Apple, which is the combination I wore when I recently attended a film festival. To emphasize my point - I don't think I've ever received as many compliments on my lipstick as I did the night I wore that combo.
The downside is, of course, that Dazzleglasses are pricey even though you get less product. I reapplied several times that night, and wore it the following night as well - and you can see a massive dent in my tube already. I'm contemplating buying a backup (which I have *never* done) because I love it so much but... the fact that I need to already is sort of irksome. Nonetheless - amazing color, and you'll be sure to get TONS of compliments on it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by MissRini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off, this is sooooo expensive!! I normally don't worry about how much money I am spending on makeup and often buy high end without any qualms, but for some reason this purchase really irked me! Such a small tube, and I wouldn't call MAC a luxury brand, and it was AU$42!! My own silly fault for not buying it on ebay...but I digress...

The colour is very pretty, especially in the tube. I wanted to love this, but on my lips it's slightly short of great. I mean, it's good, but not great. The colour is perhaps too cool for me? It is quite berry toned. It also looks a bit patchy if I wear it alone. It is lovely and sparkly, and the staying power is phenomenal (as all MAC lipglass is on me) but I would not buy this shade again.