LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

4.3

Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), *Linalool.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like Silky Underwear quite a lot. I depend on this stuff to keep me feeling fresh during the warmer months. I adore the scent, to me it smells like a slightly floral buttercream icing. I've had the same package for what seems like ages, so while the initial purchase is expensive, the product does last (but of course YMMV depending on how you use it.) I do wish that there was a way to open and reclose the top so that you could put a puff inside. Otherwise, this is a wonderful product and a staple for me.

I LOVE the smell. It's the "perfect" smell in my opinion. I wish they made more stuff (soap, bath melts, massage bars, lotion, shampoo) that smelled like this. I'd buy it all! And they better not ever, ever, EVER discontinue, aaccckkkk - perish the thought! Love using it in the summer time especially to keep me dry, fresh and smelling perfect in the scorching Texas heat.

on 3/30/2011 6:15:00 AM

This is LUSH store bottled! I adore the smell and when I first got it, the smell reminded me of when I walked into a LUSH store, I just adore the scent :) I use this together with my Imogen Rose or Cocktail solid and I smell nice the whole day :) I LOVE this! I will try to sprinkle some on my bedsheet as suggested by many other reviewers :)

on 3/14/2011 9:29:00 AM

i really like this powder the smell is lovely,i am an old fashioned kind of gal,i have always liked powders.i dont really usually comment on reviews,but i just had to tell you how best i find to use this powder...i empty it into a powder bowl,an then i use a blusher brush or cosmetic powder brush..this way less mess,it spreads more evenly on hair,under arm pits,between breasts etc.also as applied with the brush on hair to dry it up a bit,you get no mess a lot easier also,saves money an no powder on carpets

on 2/1/2011 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder feels nice on the skin and works particularly well after applying body lotion. It has a slight moisturizing effect and leaves the skin smooth, fresh - feeling and dry all day. The mess doesn't really bother me - I live in Italy where we have stone floors and it's pretty easy to clean up afterwards. I can imagine that anyone applying this in a room with a carpet might have more problems and be left with a dusty room - probably not great for allergies..
My problem with the product is this. I don't find the scent to be particularly stable and feel that it changes from one day to the next, probably depending on temperature, humidity etc. Sometimes it smells soft and jasmine-ish and lovely, but I find that other times I'll get a whiff of something kind of sour and really not nice at all after it's been on my skin for a couple of hours. I've heard lots of people say that jasmine has a kind of 'cat-pee' smell (!) and that's what bothers me about wearing this - I'd hate to think that my friends and colleagues find this off-putting and so for that reason I've more or less stopped wearing it. Lush's vanilla dusting powder is, in my opinion, a 'safer' scent, although unfortunately it's not moisturizing like this powder is. If you love jasmine and you don't care what others think of the way you smell then go for it! I on the other hand think that I'll only use it up when I'm at home alone :)

on 11/8/2010 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love Silky Underwear! Its such a versatile product. I use it as a dusting powder all over my body, especially when its hot. I dust my sheets with it and they smell divine. It can be used as a dry shampoo, but that doesnt work well with this one for me (other Lush powders are good though). This is also great to dust on your thighs if they happen to rub uncomfortably.

on 11/7/2010 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff smells soooo good, not too heavily perfumed but not too lightly scented either. I put it on after my shower & my skin feels so soft. The container needs to be better because all the powder leaks from the side instead of the holes. Besides that, it seems like this will last you a very long time.

on 10/1/2010 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good product for the body and your clothes and sheets. I use to put it on myself before going to bed at night and it would linger. I am not a big fan of jasmine, but this is not too strong. There are even some moisturizing properties to it. I do not like the packaging of it and when i buy this again, I would first need to get an old fashioned powder puff for it.

on 8/27/2010 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings for this one. So soft and smooth it makes me feel. However, I have to be "in the mood" to really enjoy wearing this one.

Still a great powder overall.

on 8/9/2010 2:03:00 PM

I didn't bother with this for ages because I never use talc or powder. After giving it a sniff in Lush though, I had to have it. It's a very nice smell, very warm and feminine. I dislike jasmine normally, but it seems to combine well with the other scents in this powder to become something delicious. It was a case of buy the powder and find some way to use it!

The way I like to use it best is on my bed sheets, like other reviewers. Feels luxurious and smells heavenly. It's also good after showering, and to be honest I just smooth a bit on my arms or neck whenever I want to smell it. I like that it doesn't contain talc.
The UK packaging is ok, nothing special but hasn't leaked or anything so far. Would really like it to come with a little fluffy dusting thingy though.
It does leave white powder on dark clothes, however, so be careful when you use it.

It is quite expensive, so I'll see how long it lasts me before I decide whether to buy it again. If it lasts for a reasonable time then I expect I will repurchase since it smells so good.

Top Rated LUSH Products