April 18, 2014 | 2032 users online

Powders - LUSH - Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by prtygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff smells soooo good, not too heavily perfumed but not too lightly scented either. I put it on after my shower & my skin feels so soft. The container needs to be better because all the powder leaks from the side instead of the holes. Besides that, it seems like this will last you a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Thena

This is a good product for the body and your clothes and sheets. I use to put it on myself before going to bed at night and it would linger. I am not a big fan of jasmine, but this is not too strong. There are even some moisturizing properties to it. I do not like the packaging of it and when i buy this again, I would first need to get an old fashioned powder puff for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Affascinante

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings for this one. So soft and smooth it makes me feel. However, I have to be "in the mood" to really enjoy wearing this one.

Still a great powder overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by nosethrill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didn't bother with this for ages because I never use talc or powder. After giving it a sniff in Lush though, I had to have it. It's a very nice smell, very warm and feminine. I dislike jasmine normally, but it seems to combine well with the other scents in this powder to become something delicious. It was a case of buy the powder and find some way to use it!

The way I like to use it best is on my bed sheets, like other reviewers. Feels luxurious and smells heavenly. It's also good after showering, and to be honest I just smooth a bit on my arms or neck whenever I want to smell it. I like that it doesn't contain talc.
The UK packaging is ok, nothing special but hasn't leaked or anything so far. Would really like it to come with a little fluffy dusting thingy though.
It does leave white powder on dark clothes, however, so be careful when you use it.

It is quite expensive, so I'll see how long it lasts me before I decide whether to buy it again. If it lasts for a reasonable time then I expect I will repurchase since it smells so good.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 5:59:00 AM More reviews by rebdab

Lovely powder, beautiful scent, really silky. I have repurchased this several times which is impressive given the product junkie I am. Sure, it's not Chanel no 5 after bath powder which is probably the best talc ever, but for the price this is the best out there. Great warm vanilla-jasmine scent. Pity about the packaging - could it be any uglier?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by pocky

The concept of a dusting powder is very appealing in a let's-get-back-to-old-fashioned-hygiene kind of way but the execution is very messy and impractical. Maybe in the 18th century people wore so much powder all over their hair and bodies that they were used to getting powder everywhere and didn't mind a little more powder, but in the 21st century we spend a lot of time and money getting rid of dust in our homes. The only reason I bought Silky Underwear was because I loved the fragrance and LUSH didn't have anything else with a similar fragrance. I already had a feeling that I wouldn't like dusting powders but I was open to trying something different.

This stuff might be okay for bedtime but it is a disaster for starting the day because the powder will get on your clothes. I wear a lot of black and this is unacceptable. Application is also messy because I have to sprinkle some on my hand then rub it onto my body, all the while trying not to get it all over the floor. I know that LUSH recommends sprinkling some powder onto bedsheets but I spend too much money on good sheets to sprinkle powder onto them. The sensation of the powder on my skin is not unpleasant but it's no more freshening or silky than a good lotion. I think that dusting powders is not a good idea for anyone who is fastidious like me. Powder on skin, powder on my clothes, powder in my bed, powder on my carpet...this all really really bothers me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by violingrl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For some reason, all of the Lush jasmine-scented products I've tried start out smelling strongly of campfire to me. I was expecting this to be a bit sweeter and more floral, but I've found that it's really grown on me. It makes my skin very soft and it smells very sophisticated-- perfect for pampering yourself at the end of a long day!
I have two main complaints with this, though. First, the packaging leaves much to be desired. I have the US version of this, which leaks terribly, and shakes out too much powder if I uncover more than one hole. The canister is also a bit of an awkward shape, and hard to hold onto. I would definitely recommend ordering this from the UK site instead, as the packaging is much better. Second, I sprinkled this on my neck/chest area one morning before I put on the necklace I wear every day, and when I came home, the necklace had left a little blackish mark all around my neck. It has never done this before, so I have to attribute it to the powder changing my body chemistry just enough that it reacted strangely with the metal of my necklace. so strange. Those problems aside, however, I've really grown to love this powder. So silky and it doesn't contain talc either-- what's not to love?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 1:46:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

Im so surprised I did not review this yet. I have owned it for 6 months and love it. It is a wonderful warm vanilla and jasmine scent (One of my favourite combinations).

This works to absorb the extra moisture left over by your favourite body moisturizer. However, I prefer to use this as a sheet freshener. I love sprinkling this over my sheets each night. It is so warm and comforting. Very ideal if you sweat in your sleep because it will absorb it.

For me,1 package lasts over 6 months for only $10. My only gripe is the packaging is terrible, it is in a 'Kraft parmesan' can style that leaks (not travel friendly). Besides that major flaw, I still enjoy it and will continue to purchase for the pleasant dreams I get with this. After all, Vanilla and Jasmine are both considered very comforting scents.
Happy Shopping!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

So after reading the reviews here last year I decided that this sounded like something I just HAD to have. Purchased it, cost me about $30 including shipping, which I could live with if it lived up to the hype. Smells okay, jasmine and powdery, reminds one of an older woman. Does indeed make the skin feel soft but not unlike any drugstore powders I've used. Save your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by shegotgame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe I don't understand how to use this product.

I was excited to try out a bunch of Lush product ever since a Lush store opened in my local mall. I was drawn into the store by the amazing smells and pretty colors. I walked out with bath bombs, lotions, dusting powders, and cuticle cream.

Since then, I've never bought a Lush product again. I feel that everything is overpriced and over rated. With silky underwear, I tried dusting it on all sorts of places I probably shouldn't have, and it has not done anything really. I've ended up using this powder as shoe powder! Boo!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No