MAC Dazzleglass in Funtabulous

4.6

on 4/3/2010 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

because i am a darker olive toned skin person, darker purples look better than lavenders which wash me out so bc of all the hype about dazzleglass, i picked this one out and i didnt even need to try it at the store bc i knew it would look good on me. it is actually a lot more wearable in person, the pictures posted seems to be a very generous application, but if you only apply one layer like it do, it doesnt change the color of your lips, it adds a nice violet sheen with sparkles (microsparkles, not cheap costumey glitter). id recommend this for darker women (esp olive toned) bc it actually shows up on our lips whereas on lighter women, it kind of looks legally blond girly. it is tacky, sticky etc. when you pump the wand in the tube, you can actually hear the sucking noise, thats how thick it is. perhaps to a makeup aficionado who wears a lot of gloss won't think this is thick, but for me i'm more of a lip balm kind of girl and the thickest gloss i had before this was victoria's secret beauty rush and this is 3x thicker than that. it doesn't bother me that much bc i like the longwear payoff so i'll put up with it, but i can see how it can turn others off. lets just say its one of those glosses that you can always FEEL there, as opposed to say co bigelows mentha shine which is super smooth and slippery. i havent gotten the white line but i dont apply it too close to the inside of my lip where my lips meet bc thats how you get that line- its dried saliva. also make sure your lip is properly exfoliated and moisturised so that doesnt happen to you. i also liked the small paintbrush applicator- guess you would need it for something this thick

I LUV funtabulous dazzleglass!!!!!!!!!! its what i named my username after!!! Although the price is ridiculous ($18.00 for only 2.4 grams of product), its totally worth it. funtabulous is a gorgeous purple with fuschia, silver, gold, and mainly blue glitters in it. o, and its chock full of glitter!!! i love this for summer, such a nice bright color. this also works great for making your teeth look whiter, as blue makes things look whiter. a lot of people complain about how dazzleglasses are too thick and sticky, but i personally like that consistency in my lipglosses; the stickyness makes it last on your lips longer, and it does last for a good 2 hours without eating or drinking (its so nice to not be constantly applying lip gloss throughout my school day; im afraid the teachers would yell at me if i were applying it twice every period!!!). i also love the brush applicator; its so much more precise than the crappy doe foots they put on the lipglass aplicators. also, unlike the doe foots, the brushes dont soak up excess product that is dispersed on your lips as unwanted, too much gloss; you can wipe off any product on the brush that you dont want, and be confident that you wont be surprised by extra gloss. overall, great product, very impressed, would definitely repurchase along with other dazzleglasses.

on 1/22/2010 5:41:00 PM

loved this product, goes will all my looks not sticky and lasts all day

on 1/18/2010 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Funtabulous is a very glittery lip gloss with blue and pink glitters in a purplish magenta based gloss. It's pretty on its own and over lipsticks where it helps to moisturise my lips. However, it can be a little too dark in certain lighting. Also while it's a little sticky on the lips, it does last for hours.

on 1/8/2010 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh, my first dear comment and it could only be about this little wonder!
All has been said here... All I have to say is that you have really fair skin it can be somehow striking BUT... dare and shine! I tend to use opposite colours like purple on lips and orange shadows, stuff like that. And there's NOTHING wrong about bold use of colour!!
It is only when you have false lashes and a deep deep dark eyeshadow that you can't wear something like this on the lips.

I have a suggestion - tell me how it goes:

Everytime you use this wonder paint a layer of lip liner in "magenta". You'll get the amount and thickness of this application on your own and when you do, it's the best combo of liner and gloss and looks fantastic - I wear it for the day, along bright orange and yellow shadows and people always tell me "Wow... You have the guts and it sure pays off! You look great! I wouldn't think of that!!"

Tell me how it went!

I will buy this thing over and over again... even as a back-up. It's pricey Ok. BUT... The trick is always to invest. You USE make-up. There are dosages. Nowadays there are very little things that can make us feel good with a normal use - everything is ephemeral.. Save some money up, save on eyeshadows that SOMETIMES are way too similar on the eye (but in the box you would never guess). I prevented myself from some last minute drive-in food for 2 or 3 times and I have paid this dazzle =D

on 1/2/2010 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Funtabulous is a fun violet gloss with violet sparks. While it just gives you some sparkle if you wear it alone, it really looks great when you layer it on top of other colors. I like layering it on top of dark purples or bright pinks. It's a tie between this color and Sugarrimmed for my favorite dazzleglass shade.

on 12/15/2009 8:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Wow! I look like I have two big green emeralds for eyes when I wear this with PPP skin! I love it! It's a nice purple magenta but it works! Will buy.

on 11/15/2009 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Funtabulous is probably one of the most unique Dazzleglasses MAC has come out with. It's such a fun purple colour that looks amazing alone or over lipsticks. Alone, it give lips a sparkly purple tinge that isn't too crazy. Over lipstick, it spices things up and adds a little bit of sparkly drama. Overall, I love this and would soooo repurchase.

on 10/18/2009 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this dazzleglass very much over purple-toned lipsticks. It has these blue reflects glitter in it that makes it mesmerizing. It just flatters my skintone. Not good if you pair it with a dramatic eye. It'll just be a big drag queen.

This Dazzleglass is the one I dislike the most out of my 12 d/g. It's just blue glitter on my lips. Nothing purple. Wouldn't recomment it. It's to odd for daytime and even nighttime.

Popular Lip Glosses