April 20, 2014 | 977 users online

Moisturizers - Avocado Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by starspex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Avocado oil is the BEST oil for me, my absolute favourite. All natural, packed full of nutritious vitamins (A, B12, D, E etc) helps gradually heal scarring, brightens the complexion & makes skin really soft. Iíve tried Argan Oil, Olive Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Olive Squalene, Rosehip, Shea Butter, JoJoba Oil & Vit E oil (mixed tocopherols) but this is my top pick for my face after much experimenting.

I use 3 drops of extra virgin Avocado oil and 1 drop of Jamaican black castor oil on wet skin, mix together & massage it in and it locks in the moisture. Iíve found that my natural oil production is reduced, skin is visibly smoother and stays feeling moisturised all day despite the winter cold. Make-up also applies nicely over this.

When used in my hair its makes it so soft and shiny too. Love it, a definite staple. I paid under a fiver for a 250ml bottle from the supermarket. Iíll never use any branded packaged moisturiser again. Iím content knowing that Iím feeding and nurturing my skin in the gentlest way possible. Natural all the way!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by melinda_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin: dry but acne prone with adult acne. Very sensitive to products I.e. very breakout prone especially from products. I use benzoyl peroxide 2x a day so my skin can get rather parched. I used to use LRP Toleriane Fluide but just can't justify the price right now. I have been unable to use any other oils on my face without breaking out.

I decided to try using this to remove my makeup because my cleanser doesn't do a good job of that on its own. I take about a pea sized amount of it in my palm and warm it up and spread it out, so it's not super concentrated, and then I rub my hands over my face for awhile in circular motions. I give it a good massage. Then I wipe off the excess oil and makeup with a tissue. After that, I wash my face with my bp cleanser.

This has works well for me. I havent gotten any breakouts from this. Lately I've been using it as a moisturizer and leaving it on. I can't say yet how well that's working out, because it's too soon to see if that breaks me out.

It works well on my hands that are dry from overwashing and the cold weather.

I use the yellow one (can't recall the brand) which is refined. I'd like to try the unrefined type at some point but am afraid it will cause breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Lokibear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I started using this to combat crazy pregnancy skin (incredibly dry, flaky, pigmented) all over, and eventually on my face too. I couldnt believe how much it improved the look/tone of my skin, and as for softness-forgetaboutit! Holy cow! I would soak my angry blonde hair in it overnight before washing in the morning (i like a good conditioner better, but in an emergency..) and it made my hair softer/stronger. All this from something you can buy from the supermarket for ten bucks! Mixed a little warm avocado oil with lime juice- brilliant facial cleansing oil. Gets all that primer/foudation off. You wont believe the gunk that comes off your skin (when i run out of my beautiful eve lom *sob* i will resort to this again!) ya for avocado oil!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2012 4:14:00 AM More reviews by yummytofu

People , honestly feel this moisturizes? Am I doing something wrong because this left my skin as dry as the Sahara desert and yes I did apply a generous but not overtly over the top amount.. my skin was smoother when I applied nothing. I woke up to parched , wrinkly , rough skin! I used 100% pure , cold pressed ORGANIC avocado oil.. the only plus side is it didn't really break me out but the texture of me skin? It left it horrid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this for many things. On my skin fter a shower, as a bath oil, add it to my conditioner in the winter time to lock in more moisture, put it on dry hair and let it soak in with heat under a hot towel, and I cook with it too. Avocado Oil is fabulous like Coconut Oil with many great benefits. Excellent value and it is good for you, 100% natural without silicones, parabens, etc.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Harleen87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been suffering from pretty severe acne in the last few months and have been on roaccutane. My skin has no more bumps but I do have a number of dark highly pigmented areas that have been left as a result.
I have been trying to look for alternative moisturisers as a result. I saw the reviews and decided to try it out. I am still on roaccutane so my skin is pretty dry. I use this as a nighttime moisturiser since its reasonably heavy. It is an oil after all. It's only been two weeks but I can already see the difference. My face looks brighter in the morning when I wake up. It also feels a lot softer. I definitely intend to keep using this product.

The only downside may be the packaging. Its in a small bottle that is very hard to use. But a little of this product does go a long way. I only need a few drops for my whole face. And there is a slight smell to it as well. Its not the best smell in the world but it's definitely something that can be tolerated very easily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Peri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried several natural oils to combat my dry facial skin (olive, jojoba, evening primrose) but nothing seemed to truly penetrate and help clear up the occasional dry patches I get on my cheeks, which drive me NUTS. Finally, last night, I tried cold-pressed avocado oil. I applied it to my face after I washed with my Clarisonic, as I would a regular moisturizer. I have to say, I'm so impressed. My dry spots seemed to have just about disappeared and my skin looks dewy and healthy - and it's only been one night. I'm definitely going to continue using this every day. I'm also keen on trying on my highlighted hair - I heard it moisturizes amazingly well.
*UPDATE* It's been a little over a week and I've been using the oil daily, sometimes twice a day. My skin looks FAB. Dry patches are gone and I seem to have an overall glow. I actually stopped using moisturizer and simply apply the oil after I wash my face. I'm interested to see how it holds up when the weather gets a bit colder.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by MAO

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE!!! My skin loves this oil. I've been having a really bad outbreak of eczema on my scalp around the hairline and just bad dandruff all over this past month. None of my other oils could ever make my eczema spots disappear.
Two nights ago I tried camellia oil on the rash and it did nothing. It was still red, dry, and flaky in the morning. Last night I applied the avocado oil and this morning there is NO trace of the rash! My hair doesn't even look oily.

I should also note I applied the oil after my shower last night and my skin is silky and smooth this morning, even on the one rashy/bumpy spot on my tricep. Also used on my face, and did not give me any new breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Sanzibar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought avocado oil to use under my eyes as I read it was a good moisturizer and easily absorbed. I haven't tried it on my skin yet but I have found a great use for it.

I have long hair and color it often. Needless to say, I am always conditioning my hair and trying new treatments to prevent further damage. Last month when I was getting my hair cut I was asking my beautician if I should make any changes to my color. (We're old friends, she doesn't mind giving me tips). She said she now puts oils into every color mix she uses. She specifically mentioned avocado oil.

Yesterday I colored again with my tried & true Revlon #04. I always need 2 boxes because my hair is long. Before I started I mixed up 1 Tbsp of jojoba oil & 1 Tbsp avocado oil First I coated the ends of my hair any any extra dry sections with the oils. Then i mixed about half the remaining oil into my color. I preceeded to color the new growth ... always a lot to do, my hair grows fast. When it was time to do the rest of my hair, I mixed the rest of the oils into that. When I got to the conditioner stage, I left that on about 2 hours before rinsing out.

This is the best at home color I have ever done. Believe me, I've tried all the name brands. I stick with Revlon because I've always gotten the best color results from it. I think the addition of the oils to the color as well as applying it to my dry ends made a huge difference. The color is great, my hair is soft, shiny and looks & feels like it's in even better condition. I always do a neutral protein filler on my hair before coloring too. But I really think it was this mix of oils which made the huge difference. I will continue to use it this way when coloring my hair. I can't wait to try the avocado oil on my skin next!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 5:11:00 AM More reviews by nnn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It made the skin of my face look fresher for a short period of time but it was nothing amazing.