August 28, 2014 | 1757 users online

Moisturizers - Avocado Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I cannot say enough about Avocado Oil. I find myself using it for lots of things. I always buy the deep green unrefined raw oil from either soapgoods or mountainroseherbs and it is amazing stuff. The consistency is thicker than say, jojoba or olive oil so you don't need as much and unlike other oils, it absorbs right into the skin and quickly. (unless you slather on too much of course) I use it when blow drying my hair and it leaves it smooth and very soft, I also use it around my eyes to moisturize that area at night since I'm prone to dry skin and on my lashes as well as cooking with it on occasion. I use it to take off my makeup and on my skin in the winter time. Great for knees, elbows, and psoriasis and eczema. It has a mild fragrance that I like but even that fades pretty quickly. Can't go wrong with avocado oil, good stuff.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by emarti54

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this oil is my number one absolute favorite. i have used many oils, coconut( does miracles for my hair but the smell makes me sick), sweet almond, jojoba, olive, among countless others, but this has to be on top of the list for overall best oil. I use it for everything! as my face and body moustirizer, add it to my conditioner for xtra nurturing, use it once a week as a hot oil hair treatment conbined with a couple drops of rosemary essential oil. I even use it as a sunburn reliever. Ladies i kid you not, i could easily be a stand in for one of the vampires in those twighlight movies, my skin even does that weird shimmery thing when i stand in the sun(very subtle of course, no need to go calling van helsing) and sometimes i get this massive sunburns that makes my skin start bubbling up(not a pretty sight), and this is what i use to get rid of it. After a shower, while my skin is still wet i generously apply the oil slighty heavyhandedly to my face and body and let it absorb for about 5 minutes, afterwards i rinse off with water, taking care to leave a tiny bit of oil on my skin, and air dry. next day my skin is at least 90 % better and i DO NOT peel at all. Seriously best oil for sunburt skin, and i find if i use it as a moustirizer a couple days before sun exposure i do not burn nearly as bad at all, maybe about 50% less than i normally would. It goes without saying of course, but do not put this oil while the sun is directly hitting your skin unless you want to fry up.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by AngelaE8654

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like many others, I too have been buying the most expensive facial anti aging products (we're talking over $100 an ounce) and nothing has worked like Avocado Oil. I have been TAKING Avocado Oil in capsules for many months now and last night I looked at those huge horse pills (great big softgels) and thought "why don't I cut one open and try it on my face?" My face has never felt or looked better. My skin is baby soft and glows. This moisturizes better than anything else I've ever tried. I purchased some more of the softgels from Swanson Health Products and ended up getting a 'buy one, get one free' deal. A bottle of 60 softgels costs $6.99 and I got TWO for that price. What a savings over the $100+ stuff I've been using.

Their Avocado Oil pills are Certified Organic Virgin Avocado Oil softgels. The green oil stuff. I decided to continue to use this on my face daily. I used it last night, this morning, and again tonight and my skin has never felt or looked better. I recently began using Retin A on my face and had some patchy flaky skin under my mouth. That is completely resolved now. Overnight, because of the Avocado Oil.

I had been using a primer under my makeup after applying my Aveeno Active Naturals Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF-30 (I use the sunscreen because I am using Retin A) but this morning I didn't even need the primer at all! I put the Aveeno sunscreen on and my skin felt smooth and non greasy and I didn't need the primer. (I detest and do not use any foundations.) Avocado Oil is the way to go.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by starspex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Avocado oil is the BEST oil for me, my absolute favourite. All natural, packed full of nutritious vitamins (A, B12, D, E etc) helps gradually heal scarring, brightens the complexion & makes skin really soft. Iíve tried Argan Oil, Olive Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Olive Squalene, Rosehip, Shea Butter, JoJoba Oil & Vit E oil (mixed tocopherols) but this is my top pick for my face after much experimenting.

I use 3 drops of extra virgin Avocado oil and 1 drop of Jamaican black castor oil on wet skin, mix together & massage it in and it locks in the moisture. Iíve found that my natural oil production is reduced, skin is visibly smoother and stays feeling moisturised all day despite the winter cold. Make-up also applies nicely over this.

When used in my hair its makes it so soft and shiny too. Love it, a definite staple. I paid under a fiver for a 250ml bottle from the supermarket. Iíll never use any branded packaged moisturiser again. Iím content knowing that Iím feeding and nurturing my skin in the gentlest way possible. Natural all the way!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by melinda_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin: dry but acne prone with adult acne. Very sensitive to products I.e. very breakout prone especially from products. I use benzoyl peroxide 2x a day so my skin can get rather parched. I used to use LRP Toleriane Fluide but just can't justify the price right now. I have been unable to use any other oils on my face without breaking out.

I decided to try using this to remove my makeup because my cleanser doesn't do a good job of that on its own. I take about a pea sized amount of it in my palm and warm it up and spread it out, so it's not super concentrated, and then I rub my hands over my face for awhile in circular motions. I give it a good massage. Then I wipe off the excess oil and makeup with a tissue. After that, I wash my face with my bp cleanser.

This has works well for me. I havent gotten any breakouts from this. Lately I've been using it as a moisturizer and leaving it on. I can't say yet how well that's working out, because it's too soon to see if that breaks me out.

It works well on my hands that are dry from overwashing and the cold weather.

I use the yellow one (can't recall the brand) which is refined. I'd like to try the unrefined type at some point but am afraid it will cause breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Lokibear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I started using this to combat crazy pregnancy skin (incredibly dry, flaky, pigmented) all over, and eventually on my face too. I couldnt believe how much it improved the look/tone of my skin, and as for softness-forgetaboutit! Holy cow! I would soak my angry blonde hair in it overnight before washing in the morning (i like a good conditioner better, but in an emergency..) and it made my hair softer/stronger. All this from something you can buy from the supermarket for ten bucks! Mixed a little warm avocado oil with lime juice- brilliant facial cleansing oil. Gets all that primer/foudation off. You wont believe the gunk that comes off your skin (when i run out of my beautiful eve lom *sob* i will resort to this again!) ya for avocado oil!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2012 4:14:00 AM More reviews by yummytofu

People , honestly feel this moisturizes? Am I doing something wrong because this left my skin as dry as the Sahara desert and yes I did apply a generous but not overtly over the top amount.. my skin was smoother when I applied nothing. I woke up to parched , wrinkly , rough skin! I used 100% pure , cold pressed ORGANIC avocado oil.. the only plus side is it didn't really break me out but the texture of me skin? It left it horrid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this for many things. On my skin fter a shower, as a bath oil, add it to my conditioner in the winter time to lock in more moisture, put it on dry hair and let it soak in with heat under a hot towel, and I cook with it too. Avocado Oil is fabulous like Coconut Oil with many great benefits. Excellent value and it is good for you, 100% natural without silicones, parabens, etc.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Harleen87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been suffering from pretty severe acne in the last few months and have been on roaccutane. My skin has no more bumps but I do have a number of dark highly pigmented areas that have been left as a result.
I have been trying to look for alternative moisturisers as a result. I saw the reviews and decided to try it out. I am still on roaccutane so my skin is pretty dry. I use this as a nighttime moisturiser since its reasonably heavy. It is an oil after all. It's only been two weeks but I can already see the difference. My face looks brighter in the morning when I wake up. It also feels a lot softer. I definitely intend to keep using this product.

The only downside may be the packaging. Its in a small bottle that is very hard to use. But a little of this product does go a long way. I only need a few drops for my whole face. And there is a slight smell to it as well. Its not the best smell in the world but it's definitely something that can be tolerated very easily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Peri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried several natural oils to combat my dry facial skin (olive, jojoba, evening primrose) but nothing seemed to truly penetrate and help clear up the occasional dry patches I get on my cheeks, which drive me NUTS. Finally, last night, I tried cold-pressed avocado oil. I applied it to my face after I washed with my Clarisonic, as I would a regular moisturizer. I have to say, I'm so impressed. My dry spots seemed to have just about disappeared and my skin looks dewy and healthy - and it's only been one night. I'm definitely going to continue using this every day. I'm also keen on trying on my highlighted hair - I heard it moisturizes amazingly well.
*UPDATE* It's been a little over a week and I've been using the oil daily, sometimes twice a day. My skin looks FAB. Dry patches are gone and I seem to have an overall glow. I actually stopped using moisturizer and simply apply the oil after I wash my face. I'm interested to see how it holds up when the weather gets a bit colder.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No