October 25, 2014 | 1710 users online

Masks - Egg White Mask for Acne

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by andytello3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use egg whites on my skin about once a week. It helps to shrink and refine pores while tightening and evening out my skin tone. My face feels soft and refreshed after leaving on after 10 minutes. Affordable and you can use ingredients right from the fridge.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Summerkisses88

I tried this out just this week and I have been breaking out almost every where on my face. I guess it works for some people and not for others and I am the other.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by pearlyriver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Egg white mask is often used by Asian women to keep their skin tight and youthful-looking, and it leaves up to expectation. After washing your face with a gentle washcloth, whisk egg white until it becomes foamy and spread on your face. The whisking makes a difference to the texture of the egg white, making it easier to absorb into your skin. Add honey to soothe, olive oil to moisturize, grated cucumbers to refresh, a few drops of lemon juice to brighten your skin. For a better exfoliation effect, layer tissue papers on your face, wait until the mask is set and dry and peel it off. Just a quick note: an egg white may seem tiny, but it's more than enough to make at least three masks, so do it with your friends or reserve the leftover egg white and egg yolk for sandwich :D. As the case with many homemade natural masks, use it every week or every fortnight so that your skin doesn't get used to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by sophiebo88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this made my skin look irritated and red raw and gave me a few really nasty pimples! it has however made me realise i might have a mild egg allergy, i always remember if i ate too much egg as a child it gave me eczema and itchy skin, though i've always been able to eat it in moderation with no problems. just a warning for anyone who has ever experienced anything after eating eggs - Don't try this!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Pbokhors

Egg whites are a natural wrinkle lifter and works wonders in just a few minutes. I break an egg, pour in the egg white in a small container that i keep in the fridge and remove the yellow egg yolk. Every morning after cleansing and moisturizing, I dab with my finger some of the egg white on my '' 11 '' lines in between my brows and a bit on my forehead lines. Make sure not to frown for a couple of minutes. The skin will tighten and suddenly my lines have faded away and stays like that all day. Do not put on too much as it can come off powdery Just dab a little bit on the lines, let it dry - and voila ! Wrinkle free for the rest of the day and the cheapest alternative to Botox. I keep my egg whites in the fridge for about a week and then replace. Good luck !

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Iampo0kie

This is a great DIY mask that lightens your scars, tightens your skin, and soaks up the oil in your pores. The greatest benefit from this mask is, it makes you less oily if you use it every day! Like, you will get less oily during the day!

I only gave it a four because it takes forever to do! The easiest way to use this mask everyday is to buy pasteurized egg whites in a carton, then mix a little bit with pearl powder (for the healing and whitening properties) then spread it on your face. The egg whites are liquidy, which drips and makes a serious mess.

Also, as some reviewers have noted, it can sting. I think this happens when your skin is too dry, so only do it when you have really oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by thorgirl103

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I started doing this mask once a week about a month ago. I think it is really effective to get rid of little bumps and clogged pores. It also seems to have made cystic bumps go down much quicker. I used coffee filters rather than the tissues because the tissues seemed to simply dissolve for me. I didn't get the "fun" blackheads on the paper afterwards but my skin was still a lot smoother afterwards.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by xclusive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just used this tonight and regret ever trying it. My skin has been clear lately and I just got rid of a few big pimples I had on my face. I used the egg white with tissue paper like others did and peeled/rinsed it off when it dried. Now I have new pimples that have just popped out of nowhere all over my cheeks.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 6:29:00 AM More reviews by aztecrose13

I love the egg mask! :) I've always had trouble with my pores and this really helps shrinks them! and your skin feels tight afterwards, If you have dry skin it's probably a good idea to apply a little bit of moisturizer, I have combination and I just see what my skin is like on the day and if it's drier I'll put a little on or if it's more oily i'll leave it it gets rid of some of the oil. My skin has been improving since I started using the mask, sure putting egg on your face is kind of gross, but it works! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by compacj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love doing this because it tighten up the pores. and it good for acne.I love to beat the egg whites. and apply it to my face then wait 10mins and the with the egg yolk beat it and apply it to your face as a moisturizer