April 18, 2014 | 1849 users online

Masks - Egg White Mask for Acne Skin

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by HoneyRoast

tried this after reading about it, and its a nice cheap mask :) not perfect but, cant complain in terms of price!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by delmyee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NO PEER PRESSURE, BUT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT. I mean honestly
my pores around my t-zone are clean and less noticeable. Just use the
whites, (i use 1 and toilet paper), make a mask leave it on till you feel
like a mummy, rinse with warm, then cold water, slightly moisturize.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!! :-)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 6:33:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

This stuff makes your skin look great for a short while, but doesn't seem to last - for me at least. It feels really tight on your face, I put it on with my hands and leave it on until it becomes annoying. Usually my skin can tolerate it, but tonight I used all sorts of creams on my face beforehand because I have had a pretty bad breakout and of course went overboard. The egg masque started making my face itch and burn terribly, so I had to wash it off. If you have sensitive skin, be careful. It dries out acne which is nice, and gives you a nice temporary glow. It also makes your skin look smoother, fine lines are diminished temporarily. I used the yolk afterwards a few weeks ago because I heard from here that it is moistuizing, but I shouldn't have because it made me breakout. Overall - cheap, somewhat effective, but I prefer the mint julep masque which is much better on my sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by sarahjf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This really is working. I have very difficult skin- it's sensitive & I break out from anything.. hormones, chemicals, products etc & decided to try this due to the high rating here on MUA & soooo happy I did. For so long I've tried so many things, & the answer was sitting in my fridge the whole time! I've been using this mask for 7 days & it has cleared up the acne I did have, & greatly prevented more from forming- my skin is also brighter, more even... I do have just a couple small spots left which I'm using the CVS acne treatment gel on, also highly rated here on MUA. but the eggs have done most of the good work. I use just the whites & keep the left-overs covered in a glass bowl in the fridge because I'm using this every day- this way I don't waste because one egg white will last 3-4 applications.
I feel so much better being able to show my face & just be myself- you all know what I'm talking about... hope this works AMAZINGLY for you, too! :)
**EDIT: I want to add that I also know getting cow's milk OUT of my diet (drink almond or coconut milk instead, NOT soy) & drinking a lot of lemon water all day was also a big reason my acne cleared up.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Jadeke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only mask that has helped me get rid of my pimples and cysts. Every month when I get my period, I get this huge cyst on my chin, and it doesn't leave, I have tried soap, toothpaste, ... Nothing helped, it only made it worst. After using egg white once, it has reduced in seize. And it really leaves your skin so smooth and soft. And it's so cheap. I also use the yolk, because it's great for moisturising the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by design

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

After I stopped taking BCP my skin went through a roller coaster of issues. Breakouts being the main issue I tried a bunch of products that did almost nothing or made my skin worse. I have super sensitive skin that breaks out easily so just about everything causes problems. However the egg white mask is my go to acne treatment. I love this mask and it does a great job shrinking pores and reducing inflammation. It takes some time to see results so you have to be diligent and patient. The yolk mask breaks me out but the white works just great! I do my face once a day for 15 mins and don't apply any moisturizer after. I have found its best to do it at night before bed to give your skin time to heal. Overall, I'd recommend this easy mask to anyone! Oh, p.s. the better quality egg the better the results will be. I buy 8.00 eggs where the hens were pasture raised and organically fed. Remember to be kind to the animals and the environment :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by doristam

Awesome mask! I use this alternatively with the aspirin mask and they are doing wonders for my skin. I use one egg white, which is more than enough for your face, smear it on my face avoiding the eye and mouth area. The smell is a little off-putting but it is raw egg after all. Once your face feels pretty tight (5-10 minutes), I go and wash the mask off with an exfoliator. My face was really glowing, it felt clean, and super smooth. I have pretty sensitive skin and I was afraid the egg would irritate my eczema but my face felt great after. I would highly recommend the mask, but don't do it more than 1-2 times a week as it might really irritate your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yep, I'm hooked! I use the whole egg though, i find it less harsh. My skin is combination/oily and i also add a tablespoon of honey.
The results are AMAZING. Clear, bright skin with reduced pores. The only thing i hate is the applying part. Since it's very very runny I end up splashing my face with the mix until i have enough of it on my face....But hey, who cares, it's cheap, it's natural and it WORKS!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Shiorin

This is one of my favourite masks and it's organic! (make sure the eggs are free range ones)
First I was a bit freaked out to try it since I didn't really like the idea of raw egg white all over my face but I'm glad I got past that. I use the same method as Michelle Phan on her youtube video.
It really helps to tighten the pores (not permanently I'm afraid) and it also clears up your skin! I've always had troubles with occasional break outs but this really helps. I use egg white mask 1-2 a week and it has helped to dry out blemishes.
I would definitely recommend this to someone who has occasional break outs, oily skin or acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by ImmaBrunette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this mask. I did the normal procedure though i didn't have time for it to dry fully but it still worked! my skin was smooth and soft when i put on my make-up the next day. the few blemishes on my forehead were visibly smaller or had disappeared. my dry patches on my forehead had disappeared and i only had to touch up my makeup once in the whole day as opposed to three. it's a miracle worker and definitely a staple in my regimen.