November 28, 2014 | 1842 users online

Masks - Egg White Mask for Acne

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by MrsRoss23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ahh, egg whites. Ok, I've been doing this for about 7 months now. About every week. All I can say is it really works for my dry skin. I have pregnancy related acne right now and my skin is very sensitive but it works so good. My boyfriend even does it with me because he's seen the difference after I take it off. The only thing I have to do after is apply some extra virgin olive oil, (because of my dry skin)
Here's what I do,
I take 1 egg.
Crack the egg in half and deprecate the whites from the yolk back & forth in the egg shell, letting the egg whites fall into a clean bowl.
Then I take a fork and "fluff" the egg whites lol.
Then, once the egg whites are all foamy I just dip my fingers or a cotton ball in and rub it on my face. ( hands washed, of course..) lol then once I cover my whole face I take 2-ply toilet paper and rip a square in half lay it across my wet nose and lay the other half either in my chin or forehead. You can even put them on your cheeks or jawline ( wherever you break out) then I wait for about 30 minutes and wash off with warm water and wash my face. After my face is patted dry with a paper towel I put some extra virgin olive oil on my face and I'm good to go with soft skin. (: good luck everyone
& I'm not sure why there are so many reviews that are negative or with 1 or 2 lipsticks... Don't let the bad reviews spoil it for you, try it for yourself.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sometimes the best skin care items are the ones found in your own fridge. I read raves about using egg whites as a mask and this stuff actually works for me. (like anything else, YMMV, depending on your skin)

I gently pat the egg whites onto my skin and let it dry for about 10-15 minutes before rinsing. My skin has a tightening feeling when I apply the egg whites and my pores do look smaller, at least temporarily.

I've been battling hormonal acne for the past 18 months and I still have yet to see any improvements but it maybe just a matter of time.

But overall, this is a great, inexpensive mask!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by jasminetx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to see my mother doing egg whites masks and thought she was being silly, but I came across some Youtube viodes recommending this and gave it a shot. IT WORKS!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by meowkitties

I use egg whites on my face a couple times a week in the morning before/after my face wash. I leave it on for about 5 minutes, i know i should leave it longer but i get impatient. It definitely tightens up and tones the skin. It leaves my face feeling refreshed, tight and young.

I prefer using this natural remedy vs. a firming cream or serum that is filled with chemicals and sketchy ingredients, dyes and fragrances. Plus i've never seen a result from any firming cream but with egg whites, you feel the difference as soon as you rinse it off. It's like an instant face lift.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by andytello3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use egg whites on my skin about once a week. It helps to shrink and refine pores while tightening and evening out my skin tone. My face feels soft and refreshed after leaving on after 10 minutes. Affordable and you can use ingredients right from the fridge.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Summerkisses88

I tried this out just this week and I have been breaking out almost every where on my face. I guess it works for some people and not for others and I am the other.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by pearlyriver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Egg white mask is often used by Asian women to keep their skin tight and youthful-looking, and it leaves up to expectation. After washing your face with a gentle washcloth, whisk egg white until it becomes foamy and spread on your face. The whisking makes a difference to the texture of the egg white, making it easier to absorb into your skin. Add honey to soothe, olive oil to moisturize, grated cucumbers to refresh, a few drops of lemon juice to brighten your skin. For a better exfoliation effect, layer tissue papers on your face, wait until the mask is set and dry and peel it off. Just a quick note: an egg white may seem tiny, but it's more than enough to make at least three masks, so do it with your friends or reserve the leftover egg white and egg yolk for sandwich :D. As the case with many homemade natural masks, use it every week or every fortnight so that your skin doesn't get used to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by sophiebo88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this made my skin look irritated and red raw and gave me a few really nasty pimples! it has however made me realise i might have a mild egg allergy, i always remember if i ate too much egg as a child it gave me eczema and itchy skin, though i've always been able to eat it in moderation with no problems. just a warning for anyone who has ever experienced anything after eating eggs - Don't try this!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Pbokhors

Egg whites are a natural wrinkle lifter and works wonders in just a few minutes. I break an egg, pour in the egg white in a small container that i keep in the fridge and remove the yellow egg yolk. Every morning after cleansing and moisturizing, I dab with my finger some of the egg white on my '' 11 '' lines in between my brows and a bit on my forehead lines. Make sure not to frown for a couple of minutes. The skin will tighten and suddenly my lines have faded away and stays like that all day. Do not put on too much as it can come off powdery Just dab a little bit on the lines, let it dry - and voila ! Wrinkle free for the rest of the day and the cheapest alternative to Botox. I keep my egg whites in the fridge for about a week and then replace. Good luck !

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Iampo0kie

This is a great DIY mask that lightens your scars, tightens your skin, and soaks up the oil in your pores. The greatest benefit from this mask is, it makes you less oily if you use it every day! Like, you will get less oily during the day!

I only gave it a four because it takes forever to do! The easiest way to use this mask everyday is to buy pasteurized egg whites in a carton, then mix a little bit with pearl powder (for the healing and whitening properties) then spread it on your face. The egg whites are liquidy, which drips and makes a serious mess.

Also, as some reviewers have noted, it can sting. I think this happens when your skin is too dry, so only do it when you have really oily skin.