Egg White Mask for Acne

Price: $

egg whites

on 8/9/2013 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Oh my!. After doing much research on simple , effective and cheap home remedies to help with the appearance of blackheads and all the uglyness that comes with it I tried this mask .At first I was skeptical since some claimed it did nothing for them. But when I washed that mask off I felt like God answered my prayers. I broke out into very bad acne this summer and going back to school with it would have crushed my spirit. I used the egg alone , if you haven't tried it , just do it maybe your one of the few it works .

on 8/9/2013 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't think this is for me. The mask does nothing for my skin. I gave it 4 lippies because it might work for other people for me it doesn't do anything. it's not good or bad. So try it out for your self

on 8/9/2013 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Ahh, egg whites. Ok, I've been doing this for about 7 months now. About every week. All I can say is it really works for my dry skin. I have pregnancy related acne right now and my skin is very sensitive but it works so good. My boyfriend even does it with me because he's seen the difference after I take it off. The only thing I have to do after is apply some extra virgin olive oil, (because of my dry skin)
Here's what I do,
I take 1 egg.
Crack the egg in half and deprecate the whites from the yolk back & forth in the egg shell, letting the egg whites fall into a clean bowl.
Then I take a fork and "fluff" the egg whites lol.
Then, once the egg whites are all foamy I just dip my fingers or a cotton ball in and rub it on my face. ( hands washed, of course..) lol then once I cover my whole face I take 2-ply toilet paper and rip a square in half lay it across my wet nose and lay the other half either in my chin or forehead. You can even put them on your cheeks or jawline ( wherever you break out) then I wait for about 30 minutes and wash off with warm water and wash my face. After my face is patted dry with a paper towel I put some extra virgin olive oil on my face and I'm good to go with soft skin. (: good luck everyone
& I'm not sure why there are so many reviews that are negative or with 1 or 2 lipsticks... Don't let the bad reviews spoil it for you, try it for yourself.

on 6/24/2013 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Sometimes the best skin care items are the ones found in your own fridge. I read raves about using egg whites as a mask and this stuff actually works for me. (like anything else, YMMV, depending on your skin)

I gently pat the egg whites onto my skin and let it dry for about 10-15 minutes before rinsing. My skin has a tightening feeling when I apply the egg whites and my pores do look smaller, at least temporarily.

I've been battling hormonal acne for the past 18 months and I still have yet to see any improvements but it maybe just a matter of time.

But overall, this is a great, inexpensive mask!

on 6/24/2013 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used to see my mother doing egg whites masks and thought she was being silly, but I came across some Youtube viodes recommending this and gave it a shot. IT WORKS!

on 6/23/2013 11:29:00 PM

I use egg whites on my face a couple times a week in the morning before/after my face wash. I leave it on for about 5 minutes, i know i should leave it longer but i get impatient. It definitely tightens up and tones the skin. It leaves my face feeling refreshed, tight and young.

I prefer using this natural remedy vs. a firming cream or serum that is filled with chemicals and sketchy ingredients, dyes and fragrances. Plus i've never seen a result from any firming cream but with egg whites, you feel the difference as soon as you rinse it off. It's like an instant face lift.

on 6/23/2013 9:57:00 PM

I use egg whites on my skin about once a week. It helps to shrink and refine pores while tightening and evening out my skin tone. My face feels soft and refreshed after leaving on after 10 minutes. Affordable and you can use ingredients right from the fridge.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this out just this week and I have been breaking out almost every where on my face. I guess it works for some people and not for others and I am the other.

on 2/18/2013 4:03:00 AM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Egg white mask is often used by Asian women to keep their skin tight and youthful-looking, and it leaves up to expectation. After washing your face with a gentle washcloth, whisk egg white until it becomes foamy and spread on your face. The whisking makes a difference to the texture of the egg white, making it easier to absorb into your skin. Add honey to soothe, olive oil to moisturize, grated cucumbers to refresh, a few drops of lemon juice to brighten your skin. For a better exfoliation effect, layer tissue papers on your face, wait until the mask is set and dry and peel it off. Just a quick note: an egg white may seem tiny, but it's more than enough to make at least three masks, so do it with your friends or reserve the leftover egg white and egg yolk for sandwich :D. As the case with many homemade natural masks, use it every week or every fortnight so that your skin doesn't get used to it.

on 1/30/2013 4:39:00 PM

this made my skin look irritated and red raw and gave me a few really nasty pimples! it has however made me realise i might have a mild egg allergy, i always remember if i ate too much egg as a child it gave me eczema and itchy skin, though i've always been able to eat it in moderation with no problems. just a warning for anyone who has ever experienced anything after eating eggs - Don't try this!!!

Popular Masks