August 21, 2014 | 1728 users online

Masks - Egg White Mask for Acne Skin

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by thorgirl103

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I started doing this mask once a week about a month ago. I think it is really effective to get rid of little bumps and clogged pores. It also seems to have made cystic bumps go down much quicker. I used coffee filters rather than the tissues because the tissues seemed to simply dissolve for me. I didn't get the "fun" blackheads on the paper afterwards but my skin was still a lot smoother afterwards.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by xclusive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just used this tonight and regret ever trying it. My skin has been clear lately and I just got rid of a few big pimples I had on my face. I used the egg white with tissue paper like others did and peeled/rinsed it off when it dried. Now I have new pimples that have just popped out of nowhere all over my cheeks.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 6:29:00 AM More reviews by aztecrose13

I love the egg mask! :) I've always had trouble with my pores and this really helps shrinks them! and your skin feels tight afterwards, If you have dry skin it's probably a good idea to apply a little bit of moisturizer, I have combination and I just see what my skin is like on the day and if it's drier I'll put a little on or if it's more oily i'll leave it it gets rid of some of the oil. My skin has been improving since I started using the mask, sure putting egg on your face is kind of gross, but it works! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by sarah666

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Egg White & Tissues (Ya you saw it right!!)

I just tried egg whites with 2 ply tissue for pore clearing and black heads! OMG ...I saw my white heads and black heads on the tissue after I peeled it off my skin!!

Here's what you need

* Egg white
* 2 ply tissues (normal tissue would do too)

You whip the egg whites and then apply it on your face (leaving the under eye and mouth area). Then put pieces of tissues on the face and then apply the egg whites on the tissues.

Leave it on for 20 minutes and then peel off the tissue and you will get black heads and white heads on your tissue infront of your eyes!!

AMAZING

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by moh0802

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's so simple!! I have oily AND sensitive skin - I break out over anything and everything. I actually use this 2x a week, and my skin's never been better. I will usually add a little honey (just a small amount), because the honey brightens my skin as well. I happen to enjoy the way it feels on my skin when it's dry, and the smell isn't too off putting. Overall a great, inexpensive, and simple way to get your skin back to its naturally beautiful state.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by JenniVer01

The results of using this mask for the first time was fairly satisfying. My skin had a glow but just for a little while only.
I noticed that if I ever left the egg mask on for a long time, it would dry out my face rapidly and cause breakouts of small spots. Overall, I would only use this mask if I ran out of honey to brighten my skin. Just remember to apply moisturiser immediately after you wash off the mask.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by HoneyRoast

tried this after reading about it, and its a nice cheap mask :) not perfect but, cant complain in terms of price!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by delmyee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NO PEER PRESSURE, BUT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT. I mean honestly
my pores around my t-zone are clean and less noticeable. Just use the
whites, (i use 1 and toilet paper), make a mask leave it on till you feel
like a mummy, rinse with warm, then cold water, slightly moisturize.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!! :-)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 6:33:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

This stuff makes your skin look great for a short while, but doesn't seem to last - for me at least. It feels really tight on your face, I put it on with my hands and leave it on until it becomes annoying. Usually my skin can tolerate it, but tonight I used all sorts of creams on my face beforehand because I have had a pretty bad breakout and of course went overboard. The egg masque started making my face itch and burn terribly, so I had to wash it off. If you have sensitive skin, be careful. It dries out acne which is nice, and gives you a nice temporary glow. It also makes your skin look smoother, fine lines are diminished temporarily. I used the yolk afterwards a few weeks ago because I heard from here that it is moistuizing, but I shouldn't have because it made me breakout. Overall - cheap, somewhat effective, but I prefer the mint julep masque which is much better on my sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by sarahjf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This really is working. I have very difficult skin- it's sensitive & I break out from anything.. hormones, chemicals, products etc & decided to try this due to the high rating here on MUA & soooo happy I did. For so long I've tried so many things, & the answer was sitting in my fridge the whole time! I've been using this mask for 7 days & it has cleared up the acne I did have, & greatly prevented more from forming- my skin is also brighter, more even... I do have just a couple small spots left which I'm using the CVS acne treatment gel on, also highly rated here on MUA. but the eggs have done most of the good work. I use just the whites & keep the left-overs covered in a glass bowl in the fridge because I'm using this every day- this way I don't waste because one egg white will last 3-4 applications.
I feel so much better being able to show my face & just be myself- you all know what I'm talking about... hope this works AMAZINGLY for you, too! :)
**EDIT: I want to add that I also know getting cow's milk OUT of my diet (drink almond or coconut milk instead, NOT soy) & drinking a lot of lemon water all day was also a big reason my acne cleared up.